- Text Size +

Trying hard not to be distracted by Nyx's breasts, on the monitors along the route, I continue sprinting across the ship to the hangers. All around, her voice can be heard. It's unnerving, but I must stay strong.

"Currently, I am moving my personal ship to... intercept....the mutinous, H.G.S.* Number 21467. You have...one chance to...surrender...unconditionally, before I...completely neutralise the ship. Do you surrender unconditionally?" she says, whilst she appears to move her arms about in order to do several other things off screen.
*Her Goddesses Ship

"Don't listen to her! Our ship is state of the art. Man the guns and get into your fighters and bombers," the captain says through the ship's public address system.

"Very well. I can't say that I like combat, but, I have no choice. Those mutineers that wish to surrender, unconditionally, can dock their fighters aboard my ship. You will wait in the docking area for your next instruction. You have twenty minutes...before I...open fire."

As soon as she finishes talking, the screens around the ship immediately turn themselves off. When I make it to the cloakrooms surrounding the hangers the renewed sense of panic becomes evident. Everyone is running about the place frantically and people are even bumping into each other.

Before entering the hanger, I put on my spacesuit and hope for the best. I could pray that I get out of this in one piece but childish beliefs have been largely confined to history, thank god (ironic isn't it). I have been in so many fox holes in my life without uttering a single prayer, so why should I start now?

Given who we're up against, I doubt that we can get out of this without too many casualties. Eris and her Angels are so damn powerful. It is said that each Angel has her own personal flagship and each one of their ships is at least as big and as powerful as any of ours. I wonder if there are any male Angels.

Upon entering the hanger, I head straight for my fighter. It's painted jet-black, the same shade as my hair, and has two curvaceous wings, each with two guns at their tip, all of which poke out ahead of the cockpit. There's also a fifth gun that is attached to the underside of the cockpit, although this one doesn't protrude as far out as the rest.

They say all of the fighters here are state of the art, which makes sense given how they are on a state of the art ship. Although, given recent events, I'm starting to question just how state of the art our state of the art ship really is. It's starting to seem like nothing on this ship is state of the art enough. Or, that we just don't have the technology to beat her.

How can a few rogue women possibly gain control of the situation with such ease? The way the Nyx speaks makes it seem like she has great confidence, which she probably has. Hopefully she's underestimated us. It's time to find out. Without hesitation, I open up the cockpit and hop inside. It's time to find out just how tough these vixens really are.

I taxi my fighter through the hanger and towards the runway-slingshot, located through a set of huge doors. Behind me are several fighters similar to my own; among them are many battled scarred fighters. They each serve as a vivid reminder of the dangerous universe that we live in.

When I reach the end of the runway, I'm suddenly reminded of that awful slingshot that pushes us into space, which until now was the least of my concerns. I should be able to cope seeing as I've done it so many times, but the force of it is frightening. It's amazing to think that a single slingshot, an ancient technology, will enable my fighter go supersonic in a matter of seconds.

When my fighter is finally given clearance to take off, I see something in the distance that blows my mind. What looks to be several tens of thousands of kilometres away, I see five huge dark brown coloured dots. They look like several mother-ship-class sized vessels in a tight formation. It's hard to believe five ships that huge aren't showing up on my ship's scanners. Each of them must have some sort of cloaking system equipped.

Which one of the five is Nyx's ship? I want to give her a piece of my mind. Anyone who surrenders is a fool. I'm sure we can still win this battle. It's only a matter of time until the tables turn in our favour. The only reason they have the upper hand now is because they had the element of surprise and, as Eris says, we're in her backyard now. Knowing her, she will have got to know these parts very well.

As I continue my approach towards the five ships, I notice that they are actually joined together. A much larger brown area comes into view behind them, and it looks as if that ship could even be bigger than our own. And it seems to be in the shape of a human hand!

That has to be Nyx's ship! But why is it in the shape of a human hand? That's such an odd shape for a ship to be. It's probably very inefficient as far as ships go. Then again, you don't need to be aerodynamic in space, so I mustn't underestimate it – especially given what's already happened.

Each of the fingers probably has an oversized cannon at their tip, so I better watch out. As I'm about to manoeuvre, so that I end up above the gigantic enemy ship, I hear Brandon's voice on the communications system. His voice sounds somewhat strained.

"Hey Sid...I just wanted to let you know that if we don't make it back alive, I...I. Best not to think about it. I hope this won't be the last time that we talk and we'll both make it back in one piece. Brandon over and out," he says.

"Thanks Brandon. I've always been able to rely on you. Sidney out," I reply, desperately trying to hold back my emotions.

"The feeling is mutual. Alright, let's kill some peons! Brandon over and out."

"Will do. I expect to see you back at the cafeteria afterwards. Sidney out."

"Likewise. I'll see you later. Brandon over and out."

The communication channel closes. I hope that's not the last I hear from him, especially after all we've been through together. I want to keep talking but I know I shouldn't. Talking to other pilots unnecessarily could see me disciplined. And they'll know I have thanks to my ship's black-box recorder. Not to mention it's very distracting and may end up costing the lives of one us, or both.

I look at the cube shaped hologram – the screen, so to speak, of my ship's radar – and see Brandon's ship zoom off into the distance, with his ship's afterburner. His ship, although not as heavily armed, is much faster than mine. Hard to believe he was having doubts at the start of this, and now he's rushing into combat.

I was the one with all of the confidence, and it's now me who is becoming hesitant. Come on Sidney, pull yourself together man! They're just a bunch of peons. What's the worst that they could do?

Ahead of me, five huge red laser beams appear, one from each of the tips of the fingers of the hand shaped ship. Making a sharp turn, I manage to avoid the nearest of the rapidly shifting beams. It continues its course upwards, unwavering, though my ship is too fast for it.

In the distance, a more pressing issue presents itself: That of the many peons out to play. Although many of their craft are mostly basic compared to ours, they have strength in numbers. Prepare yourself for the swarm Sidney. Prepare yourself. Come on, concentrate.

"Ah-ha!" I yell, "Here we go! Time to die! You'll never take me alive, or dead!"

All around me, the plasma from engines, both friend and foe, lights up space. Perhaps a hundred ramshackle craft, maybe more, have exited the hand so far, and more keep coming. They're like angry bees exiting a hive. How can they have so many weaklings on their side?

Directly in front of me, I see my first kill, a small scouting ship with minimal armament. I begin to fire the machine guns unrelentingly. The bullets dance across my field of view, on their way to piercing their foe.

In a matter of seconds the craft explodes, leaving behind a shower of molten metal. To the right of the explosion, another small craft approaches, followed by two more of a similar size. They move upwards in a tight formation, apparently aware that my ship's biggest gun is on its underside.

Bellow the hull is a laser of my own. Although it's obviously not as powerful as the five on the huge hand-ship ahead, it can still inflict serious damage to the unprepared. Those five massive lasers, still firing, I artfully dodge on my way down to avoid any oncoming fire from the three craft to the side of me.

The approaching craft, none of them apparently very manoeuvrable, fly above me, towards the flagship. Sensing the perfect opportunity, I pull my ship up, flying in a semi-circle shape, and turn so that I'm upside-down. Now behind the formation of three, I can fire at my hearts content.

The bullets from the machine gun hit the nearest two ships in quick succession. They both suffer penetrating hits to their fuel supply, resulting in two dazzling explosions. Not wanting to get hit by any debris, I leave the last ship for someone else to deal with and manoeuvre back around to face the lumbering hand ship again.

Fortunately, its five lasers have finally stopped firing, allowing me more combat flexibility for the time being. But this doesn't mean that we're in the clear just yet. Whoever it is who is controlling that huge hand probably has more tricks up her sleeve. Saying that, giantesses aren't known to be fans of sleeves, or anything more than expensive looking underwear for that matter. Dammit, I can't be thinking about their sexy bodies at a time like this!

To my starboard side, another ship approaches, its guns blazing. Not wanting to be caught in the crossfire, I raise my ship and make a sharp turn. Now facing its direction, I have a clear shot at it.

Just as I'm about to fire at it, however, someone else steals my kill. A small fighter with a friendly signature zooms across the space ahead of mine from the port side. Behind me, an enemy signature appears.

Immediately, I conduct a loop-de-loop. As I ascend, I decide to use my ship's laser for a change. It takes just two short seconds to fully power up and a green beam lights up the space directly in front of me.

The laser descends to its target, cleanly slicing the fighter in two, and I'm reminded of how I was one of the lucky few to be given a Laser Fighter for use on this mission. It's further proof, if ever I needed any, that I'm one of their most valuable pilots. Only trusted pilots get exclusive equipment like this.

As I come out of the loop, I notice a vessel with an enemy signature requesting contact with my ship. What could any of them want with me? Why don't they just hack my ship, or kill me, and get it over with?

And a video link during the heat of battle? I don't think so. That's the last thing I ought to be during a dogfight.

Without a second thought, I reject the request. How did they find my ship anyway? Then again, Eris did manage to hack into the flagship, so tracking my Laser Fighter would be trivial in comparison.

Ahead of me are two more enemy fighters, coming in dangerously close. I can't believe I allowed myself to get distracted like that. They begin firing, but fortunately they are not very accurate.

I hastily turn out of their path, only to notice a huge projectile heading my way. As I make the turn, the torpedo doesn't seem to follow me, instead closing in on the two enemy ships. It forces them to split up and change course. The torpedo doesn't give up however, and continues to pressure one of the ships until impact.

A large explosion lights up space on one side of my cockpit. Just as I'm about to pursue the remaining ship, I hear a voice on my radio. It's a familiar feminine voice. I've heard it before, but it's certainly not the voice of Jasmine. She doesn't try to deliberately be arousing whenever she speaks.

"Sidney...Sidney..." the voice drawls.

"H-how...who are you?" I ask, confused.

I can't understand why any of them would want to talk to me. I'm not at all important. I'm not somebody of a high rank – like the ship's captain. I'm just another pilot – an ordinary pilot – on a seemingly never ending conveyor belt.

It strikes me as very odd. I certainly don't consider myself anyone special; I'm just an average kind of guy doing his job. Then again, for one of them to request a private audience with me it must be important.

"If you accept my video link request, I'll make sure you're ship is protected from my servants. In fact, I've already instructed them to hold fire on you," she continues, "If you refuse me...well, I'll personally annihilate you."

The button to initiate the video link lights up again. I really don't want to talk to this vixen, but she leaves me no choice. It is said, mortal danger is an effective antidote to fixed ideas. Reluctantly, I press the button.

As I release the button, a screen in the middle of the dashboard of the cockpit lights up. The screen instantly loads and brings up the image of the bust of a woman, who I presume to be Nyx. She has the same long blonde curly hair and satin bra as the woman Eris left us with when I was leaving the flagship.

The woman begins to again speak in the typical sultry voice I've come to expect from the enemy. It's a soft, stereotypically sexy voice, but one with tinges of anger in it. The anger, although obvious, somehow does not detract from its sexiness.

"Hello, Sidney. Allow me to introduce myself. I, am Nyx. You're probably wondering why, I, wanted to talk to you privately. "

I say nothing. I remain focused on the controls and continue my approach to the hand shaped ship. If that ship really is hers, and she is serious about protecting me, then I might as well get close. Perhaps it has some kind of force field that I can take advantage of.

"First let me clarify: The ship you see before you is mine. Looks good, doesn't it?"

"Y-yes, yes, it does," I reply, trying not to sound too flustered.

Nyx moves her right hands to her breasts. Her left hand then also appears on the screen. Whilst her right hand caresses her bra, fondling her breasts, her left hand slowly curls up into a fist. She squeezes her left hand tightly.

"If you disobey me," she continues, "I won't hesitate. I could crush you in an instant. Those five lasers I used to disable H.G.S. Number 21467 are just the start of what I can do."

"W-why should I listen to a monster?"

What am I saying? Do I actually want to be killed? I should not have said that. Fuck, I can't concentrate. My heart is racing.

"Am I though?" she replies, "Do I look like a monster to you, hmm?"

Nyx uncurls her fist. Her left hand joins her right hand in fondling her breasts. I am so conflicted right now. Is this why so many people decide to surrender to the giantesses?

"Y-ye-n-n..." Is all I manage to reply before she violently cuts me off.

"You people will never learn to appreciate true beauty! I am perfect! Look at me!"

What is she saying? There can be no denying Nyx is pretty, even from what little we've seen of her, all of the giantesses that we have images for are extremely beautiful; but perfect? I wouldn't go that far.

As I continue my approach to her ship, I notice all of the enemies are steering well clear of me. Previously they were bold, insanely brave even. What could Nyx be up to?

"What is it you want with me?" I spit, my confidence temporarily returning.

"Well, Sidney, you should be pleased to know that I've...taken an interest in you. I've heard stories about you. And, When I was...hacking your ship's not so state of the art computer system, I noticed that only special pilots get assigned Laser Fighters, such as the one your in right now.

"And I thought I'd better take some time to examine you, which I have. Of course, I shouldn't flatter you, too much, because you're not on my team...yet. And you're only a simple human."

I think about that for a moment. If Nyx knows how good of a pilot I am then she must not want me dead. I doubt she'd treat me any better than the army though. Being in the army is quite tough, and I can't imagine her being nice to some random pilot like me. Maybe I should play along for a bit though, and see where this goes.

"If you wanted me so badly why didn't you just use your ship's tractor beam or something?" I ask, feigning anger.

"True. I could have disabled your ship too, but, I didn't want to. I want to give you a choice."

"But you threatened to kill me..."

"What if I told you I hate Eris as much as I'm sure you do?"

I choke at the revelation. How can this be? Is this a dream? No! I won't accept it!

"Pardon?"