- Text Size +

Each impeccable calf elegantly descends into the chamber, like an angel descending from heaven. Oh wait, she is an Angel – or so she claims. Her feet eventually touch down in the marked out area, after a slow, controlled, descent. She has clearly done this many times before.

"Wow," I say out loud to myself, "To think only her calves and feet fit into this chamber. She's immense. Whatever happened to the square cube law?"

"Well, aren't you going to thank me for saving you?" she asks expectantly, her immense voice reverberating around the chamber, "Kiss my toes."

"Oh right."

I'm not sure if she can hear me, but it doesn't matter. I honestly don't think she cares if she can hear me or not, so long as I do whatever it is she wants. Well, there's no escaping the chamber now, so I best get on with it.

My eyes shift from her ankles and move up her shins until they reach her knees – where the ceiling meets her knees. As my eyes wander, I begin to move closer to her feet. Her big toe comes up to my waist, meaning that I'm just the right height to kiss her foot. Even if she did save me, this is still very humiliating.

"Mmm, look at you down there; you're so tiny," she tells me.

"How do you know I'm this big if you can't see me?" I ask.

"Small, Sidney. You're small, not big. All humans are small. Didn't you see the cameras hanging from the ceiling?"

"No..."

"What are you waiting for? Show me how much you appreciate me."

I don't need to be told twice. I get down onto my knees. When my hands come into contact with her foot, I hear a muffled giggle from somewhere above the ceiling. With my hands to stabilise myself, I commence pecking at her smallest toe. The crawling position is very demeaning, but I suppose that's the point of the task.

I try not to leave any saliva, and I keep my tongue well inside my mouth. A couple of small pecks on each toenail should do the trick. I mean, I am thankful that she kept me alive but she's still technically my enemy.

The giantesses are the amongst the cruellest foes humanity has ever faced. I need to remember that. I cannot allow myself to succumb to Stockholm Syndrome.

I decide to spend twice as much time kissing her big toes, given that they are much larger they are when compared the others. I'm sure she won't have a problem if I give them additional attention. She hasn't complained so far, even though I'm new to this whole 'show how much you love Nyx' thing. In fact, she sounds as if she is enamoured by the attention I'm giving her.

As I move across her feet, I hear her moan – suggesting that she is really enjoying my submissive state. This must be a real power trip for her. Knowing that one of the best pilots in the navy is kissing her feet sounds like it's making her so wet.

When I'm finally done, I get up and position myself so that I'm stood between her two feet. I'm just about to say something when her left foot moves across to pin me to the floor. Her big toe knocks me to the floor, and I find myself trapped between her toes.

"I didn't tell you to stop," she says, a hint of anger now in her voice.

"Argh," I manage to cry between pants, "I...I'm sorry."

"Tell me why I shouldn't punish you."

"I-I was going to ask you if you wanted me to do anything else."

"Oh. But you were doing...so well."

The way she put the emphasis on the word "so" is...gosh, she must be so turned on right now. Who new I could make a giantess so horny so easily? I bet she's having so much fun behind that veil of a ceiling. Shame I can't see the show for myself.

Wait...what am I saying? I have a girlfriend! What is wrong with me? These giantesses are really starting to corrupt my mind! First Persephone and now this. Why is my enemy giving me an erection? I doubt Nyx can feel it though, not that I would say it's small of course.

"How about we finish that little chat we were having, Sidney?"

"O-Okay, can you stop..."

I squirm fiercely, desperately trying to escape but Nyx is unmoved. Is she trying to kill me? I thought we were supposed to be allies? How can she do this to me?

"Stop hurting you?" she finally says.

"Please," I squeak.

"I suppose I have been a little rough."

Nyx lifts her foot up from me. Before getting up again, I take a moment to catch my breath and wipe some of the sweat off of my forehead. Wow, that was close.

What were we talking about earlier anyway? With all the stress and panic I've completely forgotten. Nyx really frightened me just then, and if she continues like this I'm not sure how much longer I can survive.

"I suppose you're wondering why I hate Eris so much," she says as I get back onto my feet.

"Yes," I call up at her, hoping she can hear me.

"Well, she has something I want. And you're going to help me to get it."

Well, this is interesting. It must be something extremely valuable for Nyx to defy Eris in order to get it. Maybe it has something to do with that rumour Jasmine told me about? Ever since we left Mars I've been thinking about those mining ships. Could there be a connection?

"What can I do?" I ask hesitantly.

"Persephone and I are still discussing the details, but one thing is certain. Eventually Eris is going to have to die, and that's where you come in. But you'll have to wait a while. I don't want to reveal too much, yet."

Me kill Eris? She expects me to kill Eris? How can I kill Eris? But I can't let my doubts show. Nyx will probably kill me and find someone else.

Plus, if I'm too pessimistic it'll become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Nyx must trust my skills, otherwise she would not have selected me. But how can a single Laser Fighter go against Eris?

"Thank you Nyx."

"Have you had lunch? Eris told me everyone was having lunch when she broadcast to the humans."

"I have not, no."

"Very well. I'll send Wayne over and he can feed you. After you've eaten, Persephone should be here."

"Thank you. I'm really hungry, but I didn't want to ask."

And that's an understatement. How can she permit herself to change the topic of conversation so casually like that? I thought I was going die just then. She is crazy.

"Fair enough. Wayne, can you come and collect Sidney? He needs some food. Over."

Well, that was easier than expected. Perhaps I can get Wayne to tell me a little more about Eris, and the other giantesses, while he prepares me some food. Seeing as he's been here a while I'm sure he'll know some things which I don't.

I wonder what sorts of food they eat all the way out here. I doubt Nyx can sort me out a nice plate of lasagne. Then again, the giantesses seem very well equipped so I might be in for a surprise.

"I'll show myself out," I say with a bow.

"I expect you to have finished eating by the time Persephone comes. She won't be long now; I'd say a little under an hour."

"That's fine."

I wait for a moment, in case Nyx has anything else to say. When it becomes clear she does not, I leave. Upon exiting her pedicure chamber, I see Wayne heading up the corridor to meet me.

He's changed out of his spacesuit and is now wearing a pink t-shirt and trousers, not unlike the ones I'm wearing. He's still wearing his grumpy expression though. Not wanting to upset him anymore than he already appears to be, I stay quiet – in case I say anything I regret.

When he sees me, he motions for me to follow him back down the corridor – the one we walked up before. When I reach him, he doesn't seem so grumpy anymore. To my surprise, he decides to initiate a meaningful conversation.

"So, what sorts of things did she talk to you about?" he says, "Everyone knows her pedicure chamber isn't just for pedicures. In fact, I don't think I've ever given her a pedicure."

"I'm not sure if I should tell you this, but I'll be honest with you. She says she wants me to kill Eris..."

Before I can add anything else, he turns to face me and cuts me off. He's thoroughly shocked. He looks at me dumbfounded.

"I've known she's wanted to do this for a while. Ever since I turned up here she's wanted to kill that big, psychotic, bitch. Although you're just a simple navel pilot I think you will prove useful."

A simple navel pilot? That's rather harsh. I'd like to see him get into a Laser Fighter and do what I was just doing out there. I bet he'd be dead in an instant. Obviously he doesn't realize that Nyx and Persephone believe I'm talented.

Or maybe he knows more about Eris than Nyx and Persephone are letting on? Hard to say if he's more doubtful of me or Nyx. Even if he does know more than I do, surely Nyx, as chief among the Angels, knows Eris better than anyone.

I can't let my disgust show though. If I'm confrontational with Wayne, there's no telling what Nyx could do to me. I had better choose my next words carefully.

"She must have picked me for a reason. I think she said I was quite talented."

"I suppose that makes sense. You've been in the news. But they were just bandits: The lowest form of life."

"Wait, so you know too? I didn't think Martian news made it all the way out here."

"Uh, I haven't always been here. I just sort of turned up here one day. You know how the Angels are. Let me show you to your food."

He turns back round and continues walking. As we move along the dimly lit corridors, I mull over the situation. There seems to be a lot I'm not being told, so I guess I'll have to piece things together on my own. And Wayne seems pretty important around here, at least to Nyx, so what does he have to do with all of this.

Now that I think about it, Wayne just said he "turned up here". Does this mean he came here willingly? Should I ask him directly? Or should I wait until he opens up to me? He also alluded to the fact that there were others on Nyx's flagship – so maybe I should go on that first.

"So, who else is on this ship besides you and Nyx?" I ask.

"Lots of slaves," he groans, "You should know that by now. You fought against them."

"Anyone besides slaves?"

"There is a hierarchy on this ship, and it's Nyx, then all of the other giantesses, then the Free Humans like us, and finally, the slaves."

"Free Humans?"

"Yes. Free Humans."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning we're not exactly slaves. Nyx has a tiny bit more respect for us than she does other humans. Maybe the correct word to describe this flagship is Feudal. It's a feudal system of sorts, where Eris is queen and Nyx is a landlady."

I wonder how many Free Humans there are. But just how free are we? I certainly don't feel free.

Would Wayne agree if I said Nyx is a big bully, not too dissimilar to Eris? I still can't decide if he actually likes Nyx or not. If he did come here willingly, what does that say about him? Just who is he anyway? Perhaps I can coax some more details out of him.

"Did Nyx ever tell you I come from Mars?" I ask, attempting to restart the conversation.

"She did not," he replies, apparently not wanting to make eye contact with me.

"It's lovely. Well, of course, as a Martian myself, I would say that. Have you ever been there?"

"No."

"That's a shame. Where are you from?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."

Just as I'm about to ask him another question. we reach a yellow door and he stops directly in front of it. The door opens up automatically to reveal a large kitchen area. In the middle is a single long table and many chairs – neatly stowed under the table. The table is surrounded by worktops and cupboards with various pieces of cooking equipment on them. A stove, a sink and a refrigerator are located at each end of the room.

"This is where Free Humans eat," he declares upon entering the room, "We get priority on all loot. We get to eat the fresh food – unlike the slaves, who are made to eat the scraps."

"How do you manage to sustain Nyx and everyone else on her flagship?"

"Well Nyx's diet mostly consists of...actually, I better not say. What sort of things do you like to eat?"

"If you have any, some pasta would be nice."

"Very well, I'll cook you some pasta."

When he opens the cupboard containing the pasta, I notice a wealth of different foods, including a good variety of ingredients to make pasta sauces. How do they manage to get this much food? Fresh food too. He said I'd be fed fresh food. I would never have expected to eat fresh food all the way out here.

Surely it can't all be from raiding ships intermittently. How would you be able to sustain all of the humans and the giantesses just on raided food? I think I can guess what Nyx enjoys to eat the most. Increasingly, she's seeming more and more like Eris, the woman she claims to hate. I hope Persephone is better than her.

"How do you manage to get all this fresh food?" I inquire as I pull a chair out from under the table to sit beside him.

"How we get this much food is beyond me. It just turns up every now and again."

"So you don't know who delivers it?"

"Of course not! All I know, is that once every couple of weeks Nyx has the ship on lock-down and that seems to be when the food is delivered."

'Lock-down'? This is interesting. I always new the giantesses were secretive, but this seems a bit draconian even for them.

I look at Wayne with a perplexed expression as he begins to fill up the pan with water to boil the pasta. When he turns to lift the pan onto the stove, he turns to look directly at me. He guesses correctly that I'm about to ask a question about the period of lock-down.

"You'll know when a lock-down period is coming because, during it, we aren't allowed to leave our chambers under any circumstances. That's all there is too it. Nyx locks all of our rooms automatically, and anyone caught outside of their room during lock-down is sent to Nyx – never to return. I have my suspicions as to what happens during that time, but I'm not ready to discuss my theories with you. What sort of condiment would you like?"

"Thank you; I wouldn't want anything too complicated as a sauce, so let's see..."

"Pick a can. It doesn't matter. Nyx told me to cook for you, and that is what I'll do."

"I'll have pesto if that's okay."

"Alright."

After that, an awkward silence takes over, and we end up not talking as much as I had hoped. Once my food is on the table, Wayne abruptly leaves. I decide not to press him further on his relationship with Nyx. That can wait anyway.

Right now, I need to make sure I'm ready for the moment Persephone arrives on Nyx's flagship. Maybe they'll be more open with me then. They claim that they don't like Eris. But just what is it that they want? Besides the title of Goddess of course.

Eventually, just as I'm about to have my last mouthful of pasta, the door to the kitchen opens. Fortunately, it's just Wayne again. He's right on cue. He looks at me expectantly.

"Thank you for the pasta," I say with a smile, "I never expected to find food this nice all the way out here. You're very fortunate."

"In some ways yes. In other ways no," he says, "Nyx is waiting for you. You'd better follow me back to the bedroom."

"I guess that means Persephone has arrived."

"Yes. They will initiate a video call as soon as you're back in the bedroom. You can leave the pasta bowl on the table. I'll deal with it later."

Wayne leads me back out of the kitchen and we walk, in silence, to my bedroom. All of the corridors look the same, so it's a wonder Wayne can find his way around. He must have turned up here quite a while ago by now. Unless I'm given a map, I'm not sure I'll ever find my way around this labyrinth.

When we arrive at my bedroom, he holds the door open for me and then follows me in. Once inside, he makes sure the door is firmly shut and begins talking to Nyx. His face doesn't light up like it did before though.

"Sidney is ready to see you. Over," he says down the microphone on his arm.

"Oh, that's excellent," Nyx replies, with clear fervour in her voice, "We'll get into position. Over."

Wayne moves his arm from his mouth and turns to leave. Just as he is about to exit the room, he raises his hand, in what can only be described as a feeble attempt at a goodbye wave. I wave back but say nothing.

As soon as the door closes behind him, the green button on the monitor begins to flash. I brace myself. Given all the startling revelations so far, I don't know what to expect.

When I turn on the screen, I'm shown an image of a ship, placed in front of an entirely white background. It has two curvaceous wings, each with four machine guns at their tip, and a powerful looking laser underneath the cockpit. What the...that's my Laser Fighter! But how did they...? It was perfectly fine inside the hanger.

The sight of my ship outside of the hanger makes my heart beat faster. What could they be up to? Suddenly a foot, about the same size as my Laser Fighter, comes into view.

The foot is exquisitely pedicured, with pink toenails, implying it's Persephone's foot, not Nyx's. It glides across the top of the ship, her big toe briefly touching it with gentle stroking motions. Is she really going to crush my ship? Is our human technology really nothing in their hands?

"Do you know what this is Sidney?" I hear Persephone say, somewhere high above the camera.

"M-my ship..." I stutter in reply.

"Mmm, that's right Sidney."