- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A little unusual given my usual fare, but hey, I'm trying something new, damnit!

Also, continuity nods to other "Silent Dance" stories are inevitable. How many do you think I've hidden in here?

Also, that X is mostly for show. Just saying. Might be within R range, I have no clue. I'm just defaulting to X for safety reasons.

Dark gleefully sauntered down the hall, enjoying what was quite possibly her favorite holiday. She had a small bag loaded with snacks (although Innovation had apparently misunderstood her definition of "treats", and had given her a rather interesting plaything instead), and knock at her final sibling's door.

Judgment. Dark shivered in anticipation of what the enigmatic redhead would be dressed up as, and the treat she would prepare.

Imagine the Shadow Goddess's surprise when Judgment's response to her call of "Trick or Treat!" was confusion, and the fiery-haired deity still being dressed in her usual robes.

"What?!" Judgment asked softly, looking down at Dark- the Goddess of Wrath enjoyed pushing her size to near its limit to intimidate sinners- and frowning. "And what in the name of dear Magia are you wearing?"

"It's my Halloween costume," Dark explained, rolling her eyes. "You do remember my explanation on what Halloween is, don't you?"

Judgment nodded for a second- before promptly shaking my head. "Sister, I do love you, so I will not lie: most of the time I cannot bring myself to pay attention to your long explanations on stupid human customs. For example, all I see right now is my beautiful sister with so much exposed skin that were she to walk on Earth she would be mistaken for a harlot."

"Not tonight, Judgment," Dark giggled. "Tonight, this outfit is downright prude- I mean, my skirt covers my whole ass!"

Judgment looked horrified. "I have been . . . far too lenient . . ." she muttered, about to close her door.

"Ah, ah, ah!" Dark stopped her. "We're spending time acting like humans, remember? You don't wanna ruin my favorite holiday, do you, Judgment?"

The fire-haired Goddess of Wrath shook her head quickly. "Indeed not, Dark. Pray tell, how does one . . . experience Halloween?"

Dark giggled. "First off, you CELEBRATE a holiday. CELEBRATE," she corrected. "And Halloween is celebrated in a lot of ways, but the big part is that humans go trick-or-treating. That's where they dress up in costume and go from door to door, saying just that: Trick or treat!"

"And then what?" Judgment asked, still unimpressed by the concept.

Dark sighed. "Then, one of two things happen. Either the person inside gives a treat . . . or they get a trick or prank played on them."

Judgment's eyes widened in dawning realization. "I do not have a treat to give . . ."

Dark stepped forward, into Judgment's room, with a predatory grin on her face. "I wouldn't say that . . ."

Judgment stepped back- she had never seen Dark so confident and sensual. Where had the meek Shadow Goddess gone? The red-eyed deity admitted to being attracted to her silver-eyed sibling (who wasn't), but this . . . this was so sexy it was uncomfortable. "What dost thou refer to?" Judgement asked, retaining her confidence but her knowledge of modern language failing her.

Dark's eyes, twin moons as they were, sparkled in glee. "Hmm . . . there seem to be chocolates by your throne . . . why not start with those?"

Just as Judgment was about to reply that she had no chocolates, she glanced over to said piece of furniture- and there was a small bowl made of shadows perched on the armrest, filled to its brim with smooth chocolates roughly the size and shape of grapes, to the Goddess' scale. Notably, however, half Judgment's queue of sinners up for reevaluation was gone. "Dark?" Judgement asked, mildly worried. Only Magia had been capable of such miracles without strong concentration.

"Hm?" Dark replied, an insolent grin spreading across her face like humans had across the planet. "Are you going to deny me my treat? I admit I have had the most marvelous idea for a trick to play . . ."

Judgment shivered slightly. The most crafty of the deities, with access to the eldest sister's limitless arsenal of logical impossibilities . . . for once in her immortal existence, Judgement found herself rendered entirely speechless. However, she held up the bowl for Dark to take her pick- the Wrath Goddess would simply reclaim any souls Dark devoured later.

The Shadow Goddess laughed, a dusky sound that tended to make one simultaneously aroused and utterly terrified, for reasons no one could logically explain- good thing Judgment was made of stronger stuff, and was thus only slightly fearful of her older sibling. Dark chose one chocolate from the bowl, and Judgement silently pleaded with her to take her sweets and leave. However, Dark grinned, offered a quiet "thank you", and ran her tongue along the sugary confection's surface.

Naturally, Judgement's ruby eyes were drawn to Dark's ever-playful tongue, stroking the sweet treat and melting it in her mouth's heat. Just as it melted close to nothingness, staining the Goddess's pale fingers a brown more resembling the skin of her radiant twin, the confection abruptly returned to human form, screaming in fear- but Dark's tongue pulled the miniscule mortal into her maw and gulped the man down in a flash.

"Delicious," Dark sighed, her eyes practically fluttering from appreciation of the treat's taste.

Judgment, for her part, found herself fighting her increasing arousal. Ever since Light had handed over right to rule to Dark, the Shadow Goddess had implemented a highly devious rule: if any of them slept with her, they had to follow the very next order they were given without heistation or complaint. The problem, however, was that Dark's newfound confidence made her increasingly willing to show off all she had learned from millennia of studying humans extremely carefully. The Chambers of the Heavens were a powder keg of sexual desire, and Judgement refused to be the first one (well, second: Light folded at a stiff breeze from Dark's direction, which probably explained why Dark had had the authority to make that rule) to fall under the Shadow Goddess's alluring sway. The Goddess of Wrath knew her patience was nowhere near infinite, but she hoped to outlast most of her siblings.

"Are you sure you really want Zephyr's sloppy seconds? Or, Magia forbid, Nature's?" Dark teased, allowing a second chocolate to grace her palate, sliding the treat all over the inside of her mouth.

Judgment struggled with indecision- she was the one in control. She had the most self-control, she bragged about that, and the Goddess that judged mortal lives refused to let herself be known as a hypocrite. Then again . . . short of the twins, Judgment was eldest of the siblings that still resided in the heavens (as no one knew where Magia had gone). It was perfectly within her right to go first, to be the first to experience the pleasures only the Goddess of Darkness could provide. Wait . . . "How were you aware of my thoughts?" Judgment asked, trying to stay in control of her urges as long as possible.

There was Dark's laugh again. "Sister dear, with how dark your room is, I always know what you're thinking. Silly little sister," she cooed, tapping Judgment on the nose with a finger she'd just sucked clean. Judgement realized she'd been REALLY out of it- Dark had eaten nearly half the bowl! "And, yes, you have. Be more observant, Judgment . . . or do you need me to fuck that into you?"

Judgment gulped. Her choice in decor kept Light out of her head, but Light wasn't in charge anymore. It was Dark that she had needed to lock out of the loop in the first place- but it was a bit late for that. "I- I don't need . . ."

"Bullshit," Dark said bluntly, her silver eyes glittering with the promise of mischief. "In case you've forgotten already, your thoughts, your urges, are mine . . . I know what you want, Judgment. Go on, take what you want . . . I admit I'll bite, but I happen to know for a fact you like it when I bite." Confirming her words, Dark snapped her teeth in Judgment's face.

"Thou shalt not take thine harlotry any further, Dark," Judgment said stiffly, once again lapsing into Middle English as she grew flustered. "This body is beyond the titillations of the flesh set by thee."

"Oh, well that's too bad," Dark pouted, restoring a chocolate in her hand to mortal form- a human woman, one Judgment offhandedly thought needed her punishment renewed. Dark's long tongue stroked the pitifully small form, and the mortal squeaked in pleasure. Judgment could almost swear she felt a pleasurable tingling crawling up her body, but dismissed it as she watched Dark toy with the mortal girl. "I'm really in the mood tonight, and poor Light is already asleep . . . I guess this will be the lucky winner. The prize is me, of course . . ."

Judgment knew this was a display to rile her up, but could not look away. Once, twice, thrice Dark made the mortal in her palm twitch in ecstasy. Judgment's mouth dried up, but the rest of her was damp with sweat and . . . other fluids. "Thy display . . ." Judgement licked her lips, "certainly shows practice with lustful intent. Why dost thou desire me, my-self in particular, to-day?"

"Like I said," Dark grinned, giving the now unconscious mortal in her palm a light kiss, "Light's already asleep. You're next in line, age-wise, aren't you? After my twin and I, your privileges are the greatest of anyone's . . . right?" Dark's whispered end to her rhetorical question drove Judgment further up the wall. Not only that, her body sang with desire, as if a lover had been stimulating her ceaselessly for as long as Dark was here.

"Indeed, after the two of you, I am indeed eldest," Judgment croaked, her voice raspy with how dry her throat had become- it cried for water. Water it seemed Dark had in spades, if one counted saliva. Long strings of Dark's saliva were visible whenever the Shadow Goddess opened her mouth . . . Judgement could no longer justify holding back her urge to simply take Dark, could not remember why she had been resisting in the first place. "Thou hast succeeded in thine seduction. Remove thy robes," Judgement commanded- elder sister or not, no one ever took the dominatrix role from the original sadist.

Dark's shadowy costume dissolved into smoke, putting every inch of perfect pale skin on display. Then, from said wispy shadows, she formed thin cords, smiling suggestively. "Then what are we waiting for, Irae?"

Judgment shivered at being referred to by the name mortals used for her. Latin for "wrath". However, she shook her head. "Oh, no, my little shade. I shall not be using thy dark constructs. When the Goddess of Judgment takes a lover, she acts using the tools of her trade."

With that, a long, rough-hewn rope appeared in Judgment's hand, of an ashen white similar to her own skin. A rope made of souls, and only the Goddess who held it knew if those souls were being punished or rewarded.

Dark grinned.

//////7 Hours Later\\\

Dark casually chased one of the sinners she had been permitted to get away with using two fingers. "Now, personally, I think very highly of your kind in general," she said teasingly, "and I'm rather . . . shall we say averse? Yes, let's. Averse to harming humans. Part me being soft, part Magia considering you special."

The panicked man ran in circles, screaming, much to Dark's boredom. "I would've given you the benefit of the doubt. Honestly. However, once Judgment declares you a sinner? Once I've been assured you're irreedeemable? Well, my dear sister Light eases my conscience by telling me that my little sister knows best in this regard- and I've yet to see her be wrong . . ." Dark grinned. "Sadly, I have to say she's still got a perfect record."

The man finally tripped, and Dark gripped his legs with her fingers. "But, you wanna hear a secret?" The Goddess of Shadow giggled. "Her memory is really easy to trip up. I don't blame her- I mean, after a round or two with me, most mortals lose track of their names- but I had really hoped she'd remember you. That she'd fight me. Because the difference between her and myself is that she can torment someone for centuries in her stomach . . ." she said, allowing her head to roll back and her tongue to slide from her open mouth, "but mine deletes people from existence, just like Light's. So, good news, bad news for you." She dropped in her still-screaming treat of a person.

Suddenly, she swallowed, blinked, and returned to her senses. "What . . . the fuck. This happens every Halloween. I miss it every year!"

Chapter End Notes:

DUN DUN DUN!

Yeah, I know, cheaped out of sex again. That's Choreo's job. I worked retail all week, with stupid people. I might fill in the blank later, but . . . deadline.