- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Rate and review after. Thanks!

********************

My nerves were heightened along with my excitement. Today was the first day of my future career, and I wanted to make the best impression possible. I still couldn't believe I had been picked for the job. Just a few months ago, I had applied to serve as an assisting lawyer to one of the best and young upcoming lawyers currently practicing. She had already prosecuted several important cases and won them all. I was going to be learning from the best and the brightest and I couldn’t be more eager to do so.


My apartment was located several blocks away from the office, making it a short walking commute. I entered the revolving glass door into the lavish lobby where I was greeted by a kind and helpful security guard who directed me to the elevators. I followed his guidance and stepped into a vacant elevator before clicking the number 25 --the highest floor in the building. The elevator quickly ascended to the top before slowly opening its doors. A clerk greeted me at the front.


“Hello! What can I help you with?” She asked.


“I’m looking for Ms.Sharp.” I told her.


Her eyes averted back down to her desk, and she pointed down the hall to my left. I hesitantly walked in the direction of her finger, and made my way down the hall, observing all the details of the office. It all seemed pretty cliche and luxurious: white walls, wood doors and furniture, with various art placed around for decor. She was after all a high profile lawyer. I approached a large wood door and on the front in large gold letters was “Kay Sharp”. Well I was definitely the right place. I was about knock when shouting came from the other side of the door, causing me to retract my clenched fist.


“Please tell me this isn't the work you have to show me after a whole week, Rob! Get the hell out of my office! I don't want to see your face until this shit looks perfect. And it better be perfect soon!”


The handle jiggled as a man frantically hurried out of the room and down the hall. He paid no attention to me and looked quite shaken up from the whole experience. I wasn't even sure if it was a good time to enter now. She was probably still pissed. I awkwardly stood to the side of her door, hiding myself from the line of sight, collecting my thoughts and what to say when I walked in. As I did, the door suddenly swung open again and a giant woman stepped out into the hall. We made eye contact briefly as I attempted to gather my courage.


“Who are you?” She snarled.


I stammered, still completely shocked at the appearance of this woman. Her straight blonde hair complimented her wonderfully beautiful face which sat on top of a rockin’ hot body with porcelain skin, but most shockingly, she must have been 7 feet tall...at least.


“Hello?” She said trying to regain my focus.


I snapped out of my stare, and met her glaring blue eyes with my own. “Hi I’m your new assisting lawyer, Ben Cutler.”


Her eyebrows rose, and she eyed me up and down. “You’re a bit smaller than I expected. But I'm sure you'll be adequate.”


She had a point. I was already small in comparison to most people at a mere 5’1”, but to her I was child size. Someone she could toss effortlessly or pin using only one arm or squash at will. I gulped as she stuck out a hand to shake hers; I reached out with my own and watched as her hand swallowed mine in a sea of flesh. The subtle shake rocked my arm up and down uncomfortably.


“Come on in and let's get started.” She said, remaining in place while widening the opening between her and the door. I stepped in without having to duck under her arm. I looked around, noting there was no one else inside.


“Well Mr. Cutler, you had a very impressive resume from college so I assume you'll be a quick learner. In fact, for you to survive here, you’ll have to be.” She stated sternly.


She grabbed a stack of files and pressed them firmly into my chest until I grasped them. She then took a seat at her chair and swiveled it around to face her computer. She directed me as she checked her email.


“Go through the files and pick out cases that look very winnable or borderline winnable. The rest you can place here on my desk.” She said, clicking her manicured nails on the center of her desk.


Without asking a single question, I simply assured her that I would. “I’m on it.”


The files began to slip as I walked to a desk in the far corner. I did my best to keep the stack stable, but stumbled after bumping into a chair blocked from view by the stack of files, and the stack came crashing down as if I had just lost Jenga. I could hear Ms. Sharp stand up, but I immediately looked to the ground, picking up the scattered files and papers. I quickly began rebuilding the stack when a stockinged foot stepped on a paper I had reached out for. I couldn't believe my eyes: her foot dwarfed the length of the paper. Standard size paper was 11” and yet her longest toes shot several inches past the end. The black stocking remained in place and Ms. Sharp began lecturing me.


“I know it's your first day, but let's not waste time with silly mistakes like this one. Is that understood.” She asked.


I nodded my head. “Yes ma’am.”


Her foot lifted off the sheet of paper and I stacked it on top of the others, taking note of the light sweat imprint made from her damp foot. I lifted the papers up bringing the sheet closer to my face before deeply inhaling, catching the faint scent of her foot that remained behind. I quickly walked to my desk and set the files down. I now had to reorganize them rather than read through them due to my clumsiness. I shuffled papers into their appropriate places and quickly realized this would occupy my time for the next couple of hours.


---


By the time lunch rolled around, I was exhausted and my eyes were strained from reorganizing the million papers that had fallen. I was starving and ready to take my hour lunch break when Ms. Sharp approached my desk. She seemed irritated and didn't look excited about the work I had done.


“I'm headed to a meeting. You mind grabbing me a black coffee from across the street when you get back from lunch?” She asked me.


“Sure thing.” I replied. I assumed she would hand me money but instead she deserted the room, leaving me alone. Oh well, I guess I deserved that.


As I threw my suit coat on, I noticed a small bowl of candies on the corner of her desk. It was filled to the brim so I indulged and grabbed a couple. She wouldn't ever notice I thought. I popped one into my mouth as I left the room. A strange bitter taste filled my mouth before changing to a sweeter and fruitier flavor. Weird candy I thought. I hopped onto the elevator with several other lawyers and we all descended to the first floor. They were all chatting and I decided to follow them as they walked to a sandwich shop across the street. I casually ordered the first thing I saw and ate at a nearby bench, enjoying the peace and sun while I could.


I glanced at my watch, seeing that I only had 10 minutes before I was due back in the office. I hurried to the coffee shop and ordered her a black coffee. I swiftly paid and grabbed the coffee, making my way to the office. This time it seemed routine as I entered the 25th floor, taking my immediate left to Ms. Sharp’s office. She was already sitting in her chair reading an article on the computer when I set her drink down. Shifting her head, her expression immediately looked disappointed as she held up the cup.


“Next time get a cup size more appropriate for me. Do I looked like a medium to you?” She barked.


“Sorry. I didn't think…” I began.


“No you didn't.” She interrupted


I shamefully walked to my desk and sat down, resuming the work I was originally intended to do. One by one I began reading the cases and assessing their winability. Most of them were lawsuits filed against celebrities or politicians. People who I assumed she dealt with most. In the middle of reading one of the files, Ms. Sharp quickly stood up and snapped her fingers at me.


“Let's go. I have to be in court soon. Come with me so we can get you acquainted with each of my ongoing cases.” I hastily got ready and followed her out the door.


The courthouse wasn't far away from the offices, but in that short period I couldn't believe how many people stared at Ms. Sharp. It probably didn't help having an undersized man next to her, exaggerating her true height, but regardless it didn't seem to bother her. We opened the door to the courtroom, where her presence immediately changed the atmosphere of the room. The judge sat up straight, the other lawyer stood and faced forward along with his client. Ms. Sharp proceeded down the aisle before taking a seat next to her own client. She shook the woman’s hand and smiled while whispering something in her ear. I then decided to sit next to her and slid in between the two, giving Ms. Sharp the ability to move in and out to the stand.


I listened intently, piecing together what was happening. It seemed that our client’s daughter was murdered by the man sitting across from us, but the problem seemed to be placing him at the scene. That was until Ms. Sharp got up. She placed a tape into the TV for all to see, and it showed a man walking from the crime scene with a knife in hand. No face, but it looked very similar in build to the man across from us who was now on the stand for questioning.


“So Mr. Bowen, you have claimed this isn't you, correct?” Ms. Sharp asked.


He nodded. “Yes.”


“Well Mr. Bowen, I did a little research and do you know what these are?” She asked pointing to the bright yellow shoes the culprit was wearing.


He shook his head no.


“Well, I'll enlighten you. These are a rare rendition of the the 1987 Nike Take Flights. Do you know how rare?”


He shook his head no again.


“There were only a 100 sold nation wide. And you know how many were sold here?”


He shook his head fearfully again.


“One. Do you own a pair?” She asked sternly, her height allowing her to look him squarely in the eyes as she stepped closer to him.


There was a long pause as he timidly looked downward. “Yes.” He answered knowing it had sealed his fate.


“That's all.” Ms. Sharp stated before taking a seat again. Her weight causing the sturdy chair to creak. Her legs looked like small tree trunks compared to mine. Her long and elegant legs were crammed under the table, her knees barely managing to fit underneath. Meanwhile my legs dangled, unable to completely touch the floor, and I had excess space for me to wiggle in my chair. Must be hard sometimes being so large I thought.


---


Shortly after court was adjourned, we headed back to the office. I returned to my task of sorting files, but it was becoming monotonous and unexciting. It had been a long day, and after looking at my watch, I realized it had already been 9 hours since the start of my day. I closed my eyes for a moment, hoping to recharge a bit before continuing. Soon I drifted into sleep.


When I awoke, I noticed it was dark and no one was around. I shifted my watch until the face became visible; it read 10pm. I had slept for several hours...why was I so tired? I blindly search against the wall for a switch, which I eventually found and flipped to the ON position. The lights turned on and I was able to make it across to the door. Just as I was about to leave, I spotted a couple pairs of discarded heels underneath Ms. Sharp’s desk. I took another look around the room before casually wandering behind her desk. I picked up one of the oversized shoes to gawk at. I couldn't get over how huge it was. Lifting it to my face, I closed my eyes and inhaled the wonderful scent. It was sweet with a slight leather undertone. First day and I was already fantasizing about my boss’ feet. I took one last breath and set it back down. It was time to leave, and I need some rest before tomorrow.


---


The alarm rang, notifying me it was time to wake. I quickly stood up and raced to the closet, suiting myself in the attire I had chosen the night before. A blue suit and a pink tie looked rather snazzy; not that Ms. Sharp would notice. Afterwards I threw open the fridge and snagged a yogurt before bolting out the door. As I made my way to the office, I decided to make a kind gesture and grab Ms. Sharp her coffee. I made a stop at the coffee shop from yesterday and ordered an extra large coffee. They were busy and seemed to be shooting out orders rather slow. During that time, I was repeatedly looking at my watch, watching the hand near the hour. I needed to be in the office soon. Finally a woman called out my name while placing a huge coffee onto the counter. I quickly snatched it and ran as fast as I could without spilling the drink.


I swung open the large door to the office and saw Ms. Sharp behind her desk, reading through some emails.


“You’re late.” She said bluntly.


I looked at the clock to check the time: 8:01. A bit shocked at her expectation of punctuality, I apologized and set her drink on the desk. She eyed the drink, letting a small grin slide across her face.


“Forgiven.”


I continued to my desk, organizing the various papers still on it. I was half expecting her to mention something about me sleeping, but I wasn't going to mention it myself. Taking a seat, I was about to pick up a file when Ms. Sharp called my name.


“Ben, did you get all those files organized and separated?” She asked.


“Just about. I only have a couple left.” I said, cringing at the thought of her response.


“Okay. When you're finished bring them over and I’ll have something I'd like you to do.” She replied.


“Sure thing.”


I quickly resumed work, scanning the documents and placing them in their appropriate stack. It only took several minutes to work through the rest and I stood back up, collecting the stacks of files. Without repeating yesterday, I managed to walk all the files and set them on her desk, each labeled with a sticky note on top.


“Perfect. Now take this. I need you to review these phone records and see if any of them stand out or look suspicious.” She said, handing me an entire case file. I assumed I would need to catch myself up.


I carried the file back to my desk and began checking through the file. Outside the court, law didn't ever seem as exciting, but I worked tirelessly anyway. For the next several hours, I researched and called various numbers I found to be outliers. The only thing I found was a series of calls from the same number placed close together. I returned to Ms. Sharp’s desk, and delivered the news.


“Ms. Sharp, this was the only thing I could find.” I told her while pointing to the group of highlighted numbers.


She analyzed them for a few moments and looked back to me sternly. “Ben, you're not one of my clients. You may call me Kay. As for this, this may be exactly what I need.” She said while standing.


Her towering figure made me feel like a child again, unconsciously making me take a couple steps back. She walked around the desk, file in hand, and opened the door to leave.


“Take lunch. I'll be back later.” She said while her heels clicked rhythmically into the hallway.


Starving, I quickly made my way down the elevator and out into the street. I returned to the sandwich shop from yesterday and repeated the peaceful moment. It already seemed like the time was flying by, and it wasn't long before it was time.


I entered the 25th floor with a few minutes to spare and made my way to Kay’s office. The door was slightly ajar and I lightly pressed against it, slowly swinging it open. My gaze was immediately fixed on the scene before me. Kay was at sitting at her desk eating an apple, with her barefeet crossed on the desk, giving me a perfect view of her enormous soles. My eyes washed over her flawless and seemingly endless soles. Her feet had no callouses, only slightly reddened from walking in heels, with long delicious toes that she splayed while she rocked her top foot back and forth over her ankle. They were dreamy. I was brought back to reality as she violently snapped her fingers to grab my attention.


“Is there a problem?” She asked, clearly annoyed.


“Uhhhh no. I was just thinking about something from one of the cases I read. Sorry, didn't mean to zone out.” I lied.


“Well welcome back to the world.” She replied


She removed her feet from the desk, allowing me to catch a glimpse of her pedicured toes, before placing them back under her desk. She slipped some heels on and returned to her computer, clutching the miniscule mouse in her hand. She clicked through some screens and eventually printed out some papers.


“Check through these accounting notes and let me know if there is anything significantly wrong with the records. If there is, let me know immediately.”


Again I was handed more papers to do tedious work, but this was for the best. Wasn't it? I returned to my desk, attempting to remain focused and away from the imagery of her soles. Everything about her was beautiful...except her personality. That could use some work. As I read through the notes, nothing seemed to pop out and eventually I finished, assuring me that my time was indeed wasted. Kay had stepped out for a short period of time, leaving her area vacant. I wanted to know what she spent her time doing; what made her clock tick; what made her so successful. I wandered over to her desk, dropping the accountants notes off. I then proceeded to look at her activities: email, law books, and case files were among a few. My eyes ran across her bowl of candies that were partially hidden and I went ahead and grabbed a few. Again, who was gonna care.


I popped a candy in my mouth as I paced through the office observing the resources available to me as well as looking for anything personal about Kay. She was a very private woman. Before taking the job, I could find little to no information on her personal life, rather only articles on her accomplishments. But I wanted to know more...I wanted to know her. My thoughts were broken as the door swung open and Kay walked in to see me starring at the book case.


“What's the peanut gallery up to in here? Did you finish the notes?” She asked.


“Yes, on your desk.” I answered


“Perfect, well I have a bunch of meetings to attend today and I think you can get started on the case open at my desk. I was just beginning, but you can gather as much info as you can and I'll resume tomorrow. You'll be helping me with the prosecution of that case. Got it?” She said firmly.


A bit intimidated, my eyes shifted away, but I excitedly answered, “Sounds great!”


“Just work in my desk since everything is already out.” She stated as she walked out.


I slowly rounded the desk, basking in the moment of trust. She actually was comfortable with me working on a case. I neared her chair and had to sort of hop onto the chair to sit down. It was clearly made for her size and my feet dangled six inches from the ground even without my back all the way back. I stared to the ground, spotting a pair of her heels yet again. Curious thoughts led me to kicking off one of my own shoes, which landed close to hers. I carefully slid down a little, extending my foot until it could hook into the shoe. I watched comically as the shoe dangled loosely from my foot, barely staying on as a third of my foot was tucked into the toe box. I could still see the whole heel of the shoe and snickered a bit at the difference. My joy turned to horror as Kay re-entered the room. I was caught with her heel on my foot as she stood at the doorway.


“Hey check my desk for some keys in the top drawer on your left.” She said, not acknowledging the shoe swap.


I nervously fumbled through the drawer and found them. I tossed them to her and she caught them as she turned around again heading for the elevators. I breathed a sigh of relief, my heart still pounding. Did she even see? It was possible the desk was blocking the view so I assumed I had been lucky. The sudden change of mood ruined the fun and I kicked the heel off, placing my own shoe back on. With some rejuvenated focus, I glanced through the case file and began working on piecing together some arguments for prosecution. By the time 6 pm rolled around, I was ready to leave. Kay was still gone with no signs of returning so I locked the door and walked out.


I about collapsed when I walked through the door, seemly becoming more exhausted by the second. I spent the evening watching TV before finally falling asleep on the couch.


---


I awoke abruptly with the fear that I was late. Panicking I scrambled for my phone, only to realize it was still 10 minutes until I needed to wake. The cortisol in my blood and adrenaline wasn't gonna let that happen now so I started my morning early. I suited up and cooked some breakfast since I had the extra time. As I walked to the office, I noticed my suit didn't exactly fit like I wanted it. It almost felt a little big, not that that was unusual for someone my size, so I put it in the back of my mind as I entered the office.


“Good morning Kay.” I said as I walked to my desk massaging my own neck. It was sore from sleeping funny on the couch.


“Good work yesterday. I was impressed with the work you got done. At least for an amateur. No coffee for me today?” She asked.


I prayed she was kidding, because it would be irritating if she wasn't. “Nope. Not today.” I replied continuing to massage the knot in my neck.


She must have noticed and found a soft spot inside her heart. “Would you like me to get your kink out? I probably have stronger fingers.” She offered while displaying her extraordinarily large hands.


I didn't want to say no but I didn't exactly want to say yes. Her size and strength were a bit intimidating, but maybe it was better for our relationship if I accepted.


“Sure. That would be great.” I replied.


She took several strides to my desk where I was standing and leaned back, partially sitting on my desk, yet still a full head taller than me. She spun me around so my back was facing her and I was tucked between her bent legs. Her hands clasped around my shoulders, their size feeling more like shoulder pads, as she dug her thumb painfully into my neck. I winced as she worked the knot out.


“Quit squirming you baby.” She said, tightening her grip to still my body.


I did my best to stay still as she continued. After several minutes I told her I was good. Surprisingly it felt better, but I wasn't sure I would have her do anything like that again. I felt as though those hands could grip the life out of me.


“Wait one second. I’m just curious…” Her voice trailed off as her hand wrapped around my neck.

With one hand alone, Kay could nearly cover the circumference of my neck, with her fingers just shy of touching. “Smaller than I thought.” She said laughing at my small stature.


Kay walked back to her desk to answer the phone which had begun ringing.  She reached across her desk, snatch the phone from its cradle.


“Hello.” She greeted before trailing into a conversation at a volume I couldn’t hear. The conversation ended soon after and she turned to me. “Alright let’s get to work. I’ll be meeting a high profile client in a bit, so we should make some progress on the case.”


I nodded my head in agreement and joined her at her desk. I sat across from her and began reading through various documents, highlighting important information while sharing my findings with her. After an a couple of hours, she stopped what she was doing and pulled out her phone to make a call. She stepped out of the office, avoiding me from overhearing anything, and then stepped in again pointing to the bookshelf.


“Lawyer’s Brand, Volume 2,” She whispered away from the phone.


I jumped up and walked to the bookcase. Glancing at the various titles and order of titles, I quickly realized the book she wanted was on the top. I wasn’t sure if the books on top were used the most or the least, based on her height. As for me, I was going to need a small ladder. Fortunately there a 3 foot ladder in the corner that I had seen the day before. I grabbed it and set it up in front of the bookcase, scaling to the highest step. Even at the top, I couldn’t reach any of the books. Kay was still on the phone, but quickly became irritated by my inability to get a book. She walked over and stood on the tips of her toes, outreaching me even on the ladder, but was still unable to reach it. She pinched the phone between her shoulder and face, and without warning, wrapped her hands around my waist and lifted me up. Together her fingers formed a belt around my entire waist as they squeezed tightly to secure me. I must of felt like a feather since she didn't show any struggle in propelling me above her head. I quickly grabbed the book as she gently set me back down the floor in front of her.


She snagged the book from my hand and returned to her desk, flipping through the pages. Eventually she found whatever she was looking for and she began reciting it to whoever was on the phone. She nodded her head several times before telling the person goodbye.


“Get back to work in the case, I gotta run.” She told me as she hurried out the door.


I was beginning to feel like a pawn and became frustrated. I sat back at the table and returned to work. My eyes were becoming heavy as I worked tirelessly through the evidence and testimony. I wanted to impress Kay, and maybe I could finish a case on my own. It wasn't long before my head slumped forward onto the desk and my eyes were closed.


---


Adrenaline rushes from my body as the chair from underneath me was ripped from existence. I harshly landed on my back, still trying to comprehend what was happening. Before I could piece it together a black stiletto landed on my chest, the rough underside snagging my shirt as it slid up to my throat, before she unforgivingly pressed down.


“Let me me tell you something,” Kay began, increasing the pressure, “If you wanna sleep, that's fine. Just don't do it here. If I catch you doing this again, it'll be much worse than being fired. Understood?”


I couldn't even respond since my adam's apple was pressed to the back of my throat. I panicked to free myself, using my hand to fight the heel from digging into my shoulder and push back. I was becoming lightheaded as the lack of blood and oxygen began to take effect. Just before I passed out, she relinquished her foot.


“Understood?” She repeated.


I coughed violently and nodded my head, still unable to verbalize my answer. Kay simply stated at me in disgust and sat back at her desk.


“Take the rest of the day off. It's the weekend so recharge and be back fully rested next week.”


I stood up, still massaging my throat, and walked to the door. I wasn't going to even try and say anything to her. The bitch nearly killed me. I was definitely mad at her, but I was equally pissed that I had let myself fall asleep. I not only made her think that much less of me, but I missed an opportunity to prove myself. Why was I falling asleep? I wondered as I walked myself home.


I threw open the front door to my apartment and went straight to my room. I threw off my tie and suit coat before undoing the dress shirt. Again, it seemed like my clothes were a little big. What the fuck? Glancing at the mirror, I could visually see my clothes didn't fit well. Shit, the person at the dry cleaners must have done something. I'm going to need a new suit I thought. I grabbed a tape measure to take some measurements of my chest, torso and shoulder when I noticed that they all seemed smaller than I remember. Standing against the wall, I curiously measured my height to see make sure I wasn't on a psychotic break. I placed my hand above my head to mark my height and flipped around to see the results: 57 inches which was...wait...4’9”? I quickly remeasured myself. That couldn't be right. When I turned around again, I was shocked to see the same result. I had lost 4 inches!


Shocked and in disbelief, I ran to the computer to research shrinking conditions...nothing. There were no documented cases of shrinking, only websites that fantasizes about it. My heart raced as my mind ran through any potential reasons why this was happening to me, but I couldn't do much without panic. I ran back to my room and looked in the mirror. I definitely looked smaller.


The feeling of hopelessness set in as I fell back into my bed, staring blankly at my ceiling. “Why me?” I repeated in my head until falling asleep.