- Text Size +
Story Notes:

NEWS 1/20/17: 

Hey guys! Time for another StrawPoll. This time, I wanted to see how all of the Shrunk in College: The Library characters did by themselves.

And before you vote, if you haven’t read the chapters lately, then make sure to check them out before you vote! I made some major changes to many of the characters and their personalities (Alena, Nesi, Tanya, and Rebekah) They’ve also got their own aware chapters, so take a quick read if you haven’t seen their stories in awhile. I can guarantee that if they weren’t your favorites before, then they just might rise a bit higher than you remembered them being.

Just like last time, 1st poll is your number 1 best girl and 2nd poll is your top few best girls.

I also made a slight goof, because I forgot to allow the old top few favorite characters poll multiple votes per person. But it's fixed now, so you can feel free to vote for your top 3 or however many you like enough!

http://www.strawpoll.me/12158886

(# 1 best)

http://www.strawpoll.me/12182298

(top few)

Summary

This is a story about a guy named Nick. He is a college junior of an average height and build, standing roughly around 5’10”. He's a pretty level headed guy, but doesn't really work well under pressure. He has met and gotten to know a variety of people after his 3ish years at college so far, as a Business Major, although a decent portion of the people that he knows are more of acquaintances than friends. He's also 21 years old.

He also has a little bit of a giantess fetish, with a focus on feet and those kinds of things, but Nick doesn’t like to admit or think too much about it. But it hasn’t stopped him from imagining what it might feel like to wind up shrunk around one of his friends. But he never harps on it, because it’s a silly fantasy, and he’d rather not think that way about friends. It just feels weird, whenever his mind goes there.

He goes about his day normally, unaware that he will shrink at some point and need to find a way to deal with it. When he shrinks, he shrinks to about a 1/4 of an inch, so discovery will be a challenge, to say the least. And he will also be highly durable, so it would take a severe incident for Nick to bite the dust, but he will discover that as the story unfolds.

I want to try and set this up like an interactive story, where each chapter can have branching paths. At the end of each chapter, I will include 2 or more choices on where the story will go next. After each choice, I will include a chapter identifier so you can easily find the desired branch choice in the Table of Contents. So if you wanted to choose the chapter, you'd look at the thing in parenthesis that says something like Alena1.2.1, and then you will look for the chapter in the table of contents. I might change this to links within the stories, if that proves to be easier for users.

Character Bios

1) Alena Scarea

  • She a Junior (3rd Year) Anthropology Major. She is an old friend of Nick’s; back from when they took a freshman class together.
  • Alena is a taller Middle Eastern girl. Although, even though her family was from Turkey, the last her parents’ generation were born and grew up in the United States. Alena grew up in New York City, and she identifies much more as an American than as a Turkish or Middle Eastern person. But she is interested in learning a bit more about her heritage, and she wouldn’t mind getting to see some areas in Turkey at some point in her life.
  • She is about 5’9” and is of a slender build. She has dark black hair and a light tan complexion. She has light brown eyes. And she has a shoe size of about 8.
  • During the story, she is wearing a bright turquoise dress and a pair of tan flats, without any socks.
  • She is 21 years old
  • Personality Traits: Gentle and Serious; with a bit of Controlling thrown in

2) Nesi Kher

  • She is a Junior (3rd Year) Political Science Major, and doesn’t really know Nick very well, and is a great friend of Alena’s.
  • Nesi is also a tall Middle Eastern girl; although she usually tells people that because it’s simpler than describing whatever ethnic percentages she got from her parents. Her mom is Egyptian and her dad is Italian, although both were actually born in the United States. Because of this, Nesi has a bit of a connection to both her Egyptian side and her Italian side, culturally, but she also sees herself as an American as well.
  • Nesi is about 6 feet tall. She has a lighter brown skin complexion. She has dark brown hair and she keeps it relatively short, down to about her neck. And her eyes are a dark brown. She also has a shoe size of 10.
  • During the story, she decides to wear a pair of sweatpants, a simple T-shirt, and her favorite pair of tan moccasins, without socks, when she arrives on the scene.
  • Nesi is 21 years old
  • Personality Traits: Playful and Assertive

3) Tanya Deshmukh

  • Tanya is a Senior Chem. Major; close friend of Nick
  • Tanya is an Indian American woman, who grew up in Southern California. She was fortunate enough to be able to travel to India with her family a few years ago, during her summer vacation. It was a good experience for her, and it allowed her to feel a bit more connected to her heritage.
  • Tanya stands at about 5’11”. She has dark black hair, which she wears in a ponytail, and a lighter tan complexion. She used to have somewhat darker skin, and she assumes that being away from the California sun caused her to lose some of her tan recently. Her most noticeable feature is her piercing turquoise eyes. She had a shoe size of 11.
  • Tanya is 23 years old.
  • During the story, she wore slim black jeans and a multi-colored polo shirt. She was wearing a pair of black skater sneakers, and a pair of bright green ankle socks, where the right sock had a small hole between her 2nd and 3rd toes.
  • Personality Traits: Spontaneous and Ditzy

4) Rebekah Dommel

  • Rebekah is a Senior Bio. Major; and she doesn’t really know Nick, although she does know his name from hearing Tanya mention him every now and then. She is good friends with Tanya, and she tries to learn as much as she can about American culture and things from her.
  • Rebekah an Indian girl who came to this university to study from India as an international student. She loves getting a chance to experience American culture, which is why she tries to make a good amount of friends who aren’t directly from India like her, but she still has a lot of international Indian friends, because it's a bit more difficult to make friends with other American students.
  • She has a fairly strong understanding of the English language, as a second language, but she still can struggle with the intricacies and the nuances.
  • Rebekah is about 5’7” tall. She has long and wavy chestnut brown hair, which reaches down to her shoulders, dark brown eyes, and a slightly darker brown colored skin complexion. She has a shoe size of 7.5.
  • During the story, she was wearing a pair of navy blue jeans, a T-shirt with a tie dye pattern, along with a pair of black leather boots and thick orange socks.
  • She is 23 years old.
  • Personality Traits: Generous and Trusting

5) Allison Kim

 

  • She is a Junior General Business major. She spends a lot of time at the library, working on homework and studying for exams.
  • She is an Asian woman and is 22 years old. Technically, she is Korean, but she doesn’t completely identify as a Korean person, because she only partially can speak and write in the language and has a limited understanding of those cultural habits and ideas. Allison grew up in LA (Los Angeles), and has never traveled outside the United States.
  • She does have a desire to learn more about Korean and general Asian customs and things like that, so she chats with her older relatives about those things from time to time. And now that she’s at a large university, she has had the chance to meet international students from all over Asia, which allowed her to learn a bit more about different things that she was never exposed to.
  • She is a very tall girl, standing at 6’2”. She also has large and long size 15 feet, which do slightly embarrass her, but it doesn’t keep her from wearing a variety of footwear. She has dark brown hair, which she wears in a tall pony tail that goes half-way down her back. She also has green colored eyes.
  • Today, she was wearing a white blouse shirt and a light blue dress. She was also wearing a pair of fancy tan flats. She also had a pair of small silver colored earrings.
  • Personality Traits: Modest/Self-Conscious and Mischievous 

 


INFO on the university’s library

There is a first floor and a second floor at the college library. The first floor is more for group collaboration and general chatting, and the second floor is more for book finding and individual quiet work.

On the first floor, there are tables set up where students can work together and study. People will typically take off their shoes while they study, especially if they plan to study for an extended period of time. Food and drink are also allowed on this floor of the library, because the books and valuables aren’t kept on this floor.

The main way that the second floor of the library is structured is with rows of working stations. Each physical station is actually divided in two, in order for the school to save space. The desks on each end of the working station are separated by a wood wall, so neither patron needs to see the other person working.

There is a small space under the desk where the two desks meet. People’s feet can sometimes encroach into the other desk’s space, if their legs are long enough or if they sit close enough to the edge of the desk. People will frequently remove their footwear while they study, sometimes for hours at a time, and usually while playing with their shoes absentmindedly.

Story Format

Main Routes

There are specifications on whether or not the current route is a main one or a one off side story. The main routes will have a Main identifier next to the character's name in the title, followed by whatever number the chapter is.

Main Routes

Side Stories are a bit different, but they still follow the general format. The main difference is that each Side Story will have a main number attached, and chapters that lead off of a Side Chapter will use letters for their sequence. So the first Side Story for Alena will first be identified as AlenaSideStory1. And the chapters that follow them will have a letter attached for whichever choice is used. (If there are 2 choices, the choice 1 gets A and choice 2 gets B; and more letters get added for each choice)

EX: if we followed Alena’s first Side Story and went two more chapters along, while picking the first choice of and then the second choice for each chapter, the identifier would look like this: AlenaSideStory1AB (The stands for the choice that was made at the first branching point in the Side Story and the stands for the choice that was made at the second branching point in the Side Story)

The way you’ll follow chapters won’t change much though. You’ll still see identifiers at the ends of each chapter title that match with an ending chapter choice in the preceding chapter.

Note on Reviews

I'd like to stress that reviews that leave no workable feedback will be removed, so make sure you at least give an opinion about the story/chapter. I'm not picky, so as long as you make the effort to say something meaningful and specific, then it will most likely be good enough for me. 

I'd rather my reviews not get cluttered up with jokes or silly messages, because there are plenty of other options if you'd like to do that. (I want to leave this warning in the front, so nobody is surprised if their review is removed and you don't know why!)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Intro

Nick got up today, like any other day. He got himself together, working through the morning tiredness and getting ready for the day. Once he was fully dressed, he was ready to tackle the day. It was a regular week day, and Nick wasn’t overly excited for the day. Little did he know that today would be one that he wouldn’t soon forget.

There were many things that Nick was planning to do today. He had a few classes throughout the day that he needed to attend. They were all across campus this term and they were also in various subjects. He has a music appreciation class and a political science class. He also wanted to go to the library later on so he could do a bit of studying and homework.

But for today, the library was on the top of his list of things to do.

Story Start

Nick went to the in order to print some papers, mainly printing out homework and class notes, because Nick always thought it was pointless to own his own printer when the library offered printing services for all students.

Once he made it into the building, he began to feel dizzy and light headed. He went to one of the working stations on the second floor, so he could sit down and figure out what was wrong. Then he blacked out! When he came to, everything looked weird. He didn’t feel lightheaded anymore, but he still felt uneasy for some reason that he couldn’t readily explain.

He took a look around and he saw some huge wooden walls on every side of him, but they were way too far away for it to be in the library. Then he turned around and saw something that he couldn’t believe. He saw the chair he sat down in, except it was impossibly gigantic! Did he shrink? Was this a bad dream? He wasn’t too sure. He also couldn’t really tell how big (or small, to more accurate) he was. Luckily his bag was right next to him, so it seems like it shrunk with him.

He thought it be a good idea to look around, and see if he could find anyone to help him out. He could also try and go down to the first floor and attempt to get some help from there. Nick knew that a few of his friends were working on this floor, so he could attempt to approach one of them. They were bound to help him out, as long as he could get their attention. Although, to be fair, Nick couldn’t be totally certain that his friends would be willing to help him, because he’d never know if they had a side of them that he’d never expect.

The first person was Alena Scarea. She is a moderately tall 21 year old Middle Eastern girl; although even though her family was from Turkey, both of her parents were born and grew up in the United States. Alena grew up in New York City, and she identifies much more as an American than as a Turkish or Middle Eastern person. But she is interested in learning a bit more about her heritage, and she wouldn’t mind getting to see some areas in Turkey at some point in her life. 

She is about 5’9” and is of a slender build. She has dark black hair and a lightly tan skin complexion. She has light brown eyes. She was wearing a bright turquoise dress and a pair of tan flats, without any socks. She was also the same age as Nick. He knew her from one of his history electives. She always had a graceful demeanor to her, and she didn’t mind helping him out when he needed it. She was an Anthropology Major and Nick was an Engineering Major, so she had a lot more experience in the social sciences.

Even though he found this specific history class to be interesting, he still had trouble with the specifics of the class. She was also a great choice because of how kind and gentle she was. There was no way she’d ever think of mistreating or taking advantage of him while he was in this shrunken state. Of course, Nick would first have to gain her attention before she could start helping him.

The second person was Tanya Deshmukh. Tanya and Nick were friends since a few years back, since she took American History I as an elective right when Nick had to take it his freshman year, for a humanities requirement. They met during that class, and it was awkward at first for Nick, because she was so attractive (keeping in mind this was first term Freshman Nick) and she was already an upperclassmen.

Nick was able to ease away some of that early nervousness by asking for her advice on most university things, and Tanya thought it was hilariously adorable that he was so nervous around her. They were able to become friends by the end of the term, and remained so ever since. And, as it turns out, she was the only other person who knows about Nick’s fascination with women’s feet, which would make seeking her out more interesting at least.

She was always a goofy person, and could always find strange and creative solutions to common problems. That also made her do more crazy and wacky things for entertainment, just so she could say that she did them, and Nick knew that hanging out with her was an experience in of itself. She was also a bit ditzy, both in a forgetful way and in an oblivious way. She would be hard pressed to notice if someone liked her in a romantic way. So if Nick was concerned with finding a responsible person to take care of him, then Tanya would sadly be the wrong choice.

She is a tallish, 23 year old Indian American woman, who grew up in Southern California. She was fortunate enough to be able to travel to India with her family a few years ago, during her summer vacation. It was a good experience for her, and it allowed her to feel a bit more connected to her heritage.

She stands at about 5’11”. She has dark black hair, which she wears in a ponytail, and a lighter tan complexion. She used to have somewhat darker skin, and she assumes that being away from the California sun caused her to lose some of her tan recently. Her most noticeable feature is her piercing turquoise eyes. She wore slim black jeans and a multi-colored polo shirt. She also was wearing bright green ankle socks, where the right sock had a small hole between her 2nd and 3rd toes. She had a shoe size of 11.

The third person was Ayana Traore. Ayana was an economics major who had a few classes with Nick in the past. They both were able to bond over the similarities between their two majors, and helped each other with their respective weaknesses. They got along fairly well, although she would frequently make size jokes with him, since she was a full head taller than Nick, standing at an incredible 6’3”.

She is an African who has dark black skin, brown eyes, and black hair that she wears in a long pony tail. Ayana was wearing a dark blue collared shirt and a light blue sweater on top, with a pair of navy blue jeans that went to her upper ankles. She was wearing a pair of shiny cream colored flats, and her feet were an impressive size 12.

There was also a fourth person working at the library that Nick was acquainted with. Her name was Allison Kim. Nick didn’t know Allison all that well; they only shared a class one time, but she always seemed nice. She is a Junior General Business major, and Nick was surprised that they've only shared one class so far, although their university had a large Business college, which would have explained it.

She spends a lot of time at the library, working on homework and studying for exams. She is an Asian woman and is 22 years old. She is a very tall girl, standing at 6’2”. She also has large and long feet, which do slightly embarrass her, but it doesn’t keep her from wearing a variety of footwear.

But even still, Nick knows that Allison is pretty self-conscious of her height and shoe size, because some think of it as not as ‘feminine’, whatever that really means. Nick has complimented her on her height on more than one occasion, and it always seems to put a smile on her face, which probably means that not very many people actually compliment her about her height. They were a very large size 14, and they were long enough that she would need to be very picky whenever she would get new shoes.

She has dark brown hair, which she wears in a tall pony tail that goes half-way down her back. Today, she was wearing a white blouse shirt and a light blue dress. She was also wearing a pair of fancy tan flats. She also had a pair of small silver colored earrings.

Choices

1) Go to Alena's desk area (Go to Chapter AlenaMain1)

2) Go to Tanya's desk area (Go to Chapter TanyaMain1) (Rewrites DONE)

3) Go to Ayana's desk area (Go to Chapter AyanaMain1) (her character will be completely reworked at some point)

4) Go to Allison's desk area (Go to Chapter AllisonMain1)

Chapter End Notes:

NEWS 1/20/17

Hey guys! I made a new StrawPoll for the girls in Shrunk in College: The Library. Make sure you read up on each character before you make a decision, especially if you haven't read their chapters in awhile. I made some major rewrites, which improved their personalities a lot.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12158886

(# 1 best)

http://www.strawpoll.me/12182298

(top few)

Take care!

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.