- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For those of you who are still waiting on A Dozen Miniatures, don't worry- I'm working on my writer's block with that by doing these shorts. Hopefully a new chapter will go up over the weekend. 

Also, for anyone who wants to borrow Arachne, or write a short in the [Titan Legion] universe, I ask that you do so! I like it when other people get inspired by my ideas, just give me a quick shout-out and we're golden.

"Anyone else a little uncomfortable that we're facing off against a spider villain?" Dragonfly asked, opening and closing her wings nervously as the group of heroines walked past buildings and cars absolutely covered in webbing, with assorted birds and bugs of every variety snared helplessly by the thick, sticky cables. The young crimefighter shuddered at seeing her namesake caught by the wing, an opportunistic arachnid eyeing it in cold, predatory hunger. "I read up on this lady, she's a cannibal."

"She eats people?" Hornet shivered, tucking in her wings to walk between two webbed-up cars. "Eurgh. This bitch needs to go down."

"Actually, she limits herself to exclusively eating supers, whatever that's worth," Mantis corrected, flicking her jade arm-blades in and out as she strolled down the street, the morning light dimmed by the thick orb of webbing blocking out the sun. "Civilians apparently aren't worthy food."

"Great," Roach breathed, full of sarcasm as always, "five super-bugs trying to fight a super-eating spider. I still think I should be going alone- she can't chew through this," the Amazonian woman chuckled, slapping herself on her nigh-invulnerable arm, "but she might be able to beat me if I'm getting distracted watching you all get caught in these webs."

"Who's getting caught in webs?" Cricket giggled, acrobatically leaping through a gap in the webbing nearly twenty feet off the ground. "Face it, Roach, you're the dead weight on this mission. She might just pop out of a hole in the ground and get ya, leave you there until you stop struggling."

"Stop it before it starts, both of you," Mantis raised a hand. "We're here."

Of course Arachne had chosen City Hall as her new home. The three-story building sat dead center in Arachne's web, many of its doors and windows webbed shut . . . but, thankfully, there wasn't much covering the front door.

"To the side, girls," Cricket smirked, breaching the door with a single kick  from her powerful legs.

"This seems . . . a bit too easy," Dragonfly said nervously, her wings fluttering in time with her elevated heart rate. "She seems a bit too smart to leave the front door practically wide open," she commented, peering at the hallways covered in webs. I think this is a trap."

"How nice if her to set a trap for us to catch her in," Roach grinned. "Maybe these big-city villains aren't so tough after all."

"Regardless," Mantis said softly, "we need to split up and find her. Everyone have their walkie?"

The other five girls nodded an affirmative- having dealt with supervillains before, they knew that even fights had a tendency to go badly for everyone short Dragonfly with her infinite stamina. Each girl went down a different route, going down hallways or up stairways in pursuit of the sadistic villainess.

*** ROACH ***

All the stray webbing on the floor was quite frankly disgusting, the massive heroine decided, but both flight and wall-crawling were impractical for now, if only due to the fact that the walls and ceiling were even more covered in sticky snares than the floor. 

The whole thing was honestly a nightmare to the neat-freak heroine, and she continued taking careful steps to avoid getting her boot caught on a web . . .

And suddenly, she was yanked through the air, held upside-down by one cable and adhered facing the wall by multiple more. She screamed and thrashed, desperately trying to escape the simple snare, only succeeding in wearing herself out and getting her wings caught in more of the thin threads. 

After several minutes of sustained struggling, Roach found herself losing consciousness from the blood rushing to her head and the lack of air to keep up her screaming. 

*** HORNET ***

Unfortunately, it had seemed like Dragonfly had been right: it was damned near impossible to navigate between gossamer threads strong enough to hold small animals fast, and even if she could free herself from one thread, the effort it would take to escape it would get her caught in another dozen and leave her helplessly trapped. Arachne was obviously expecting visitors, and her meaning of having them for lunch would not be fun for her poor lunch guest.

This newest part of the puzzle of getting to Arachne would force Hornet to land to crawl underneath the dense webbing near the ceiling, so the wasp-waisted superheroine folded in her wings . . .

And fell straight through a hole in the floorboards beneath the carpet, dropping her into a trap of dense webbing back down on the ground floor.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Hornet chided herself, reaching for her walkie-talkie . . . but she couldn't. Her arms, her legs, her wings were all stuck fast, and as predicted struggling only made the problem worse. 

Hornet immediately began to panic once someone above shifted the carpet back into place. 

"HELP! ROACH, CRICKET, MANTIS, SOMEBODY!" Hornet began to scream . . . but it seemed Arachne had planned for that, too. Sound wasn't escaping this room any more than she was. 

*** CRICKET ***

The lightning-fast superheroine acrobatically leapt past crisscrossing strands of webbing, feeling like a spy dodging security lasers in a movie. Any door she found, she kicked open with all her strength . . . she was born for a mission like this. Eventually, she came across the water distribution tank, which had been ripped open for some reason. 

"Can she do that water spider trick?" Cricket asked empty air, stooping to peek into the eight-foot-deep tank. Grinning to herself, Cricket realized that she didn't have to dive in there and check . . . she could kick the pipe and drain the water!

"And what do I have to be afraid of?" The energetic heroine grinned, talking to herself yet again. "Spiders don't even eat crickets! They can't get past legs like these," she complimented herself before throwing a powerful kick at the drainage pipe . . .

Completely missing the fact that it was wrapped in yet more webbing, slick instead of sticky.

A kick that powerful threw Cricket off-balance, and she fell into the very tank she'd avoided trying to take a dip into, ruining her walkie-talkie in moments. Not only that, the water she displaced set another trap in motion, putting a huge netting of webbing over the water.

As Cricket went to break the surface, her face became stuck in webbing, the powerful legs she was so proud of kicking uselessly beneath the surface of the water. 

"Oh God! Oh fuck! Help! HE-HE-HELP!" She screamed futilely.

*** DRAGONFLY ***

The youngest of the Ladybugs fluttered her wings, thankful for her short form as she avoided most of the webbing, and could simply fly over a bit of it. She was, quite honestly, scared out of her wits, knowing that Arachne was on her own the most dangerous thing her team had ever faced by far. She was clever, crafty, merciless . . .

And she had a hostage!

"Help!" A young woman pleaded, her arms caught in webbing. "Help me, please, anyone . . . oh, God, I'm so scared . . ." The buxom ravenette pleaded, squirming against her bonds in a way that made Dragonfly's jaw drop. 

She hadn't told her teammates this, unsure if they'd accept her (small town values and all), but Dragonfly was a lesbian. She especially had a thing for curvaceous women . . . and this squirming hostage hit that tick box without trying. 

Dragonfly shook her head- she had a civilian to save, and she couldn't waste time drooling over her! Dragonfly revealed herself, rushing over and carefully pulling the ensnared beauty free of the webbing. "You're free to go, ma'am," Dragonfly said proudly, puffing up her chest in a typical superhero pose. 

"Oh, oh you saved me!" The lovely lady said happily, drawing Dragonfly into a kiss of appreciation. Just as the youthful superheroine felt pride in her job, she felt her appreciative hostage put her tongue inside her mouth and thought melted away. The pair kissed deeply, eagerly, passionately, until the beautiful woman pulled away from Dragonfly.

"That was . . . that was . . . wonderful . . ." Dragonfly purred happily, before realizing she was stuck to the wall by her wings.

"I liked it too, even though it's obvious you have no experience," Arachne chuckled darkly, "but I hope you'll stick around. Toodles!" The clever, seductive villainess waved Dragonfly's walkie teasingly, before crushing it in her fist as she casually, sensually walked away.

"Please let her be the cat to my bat," Dragonfly prayed, realizing she was too far from the others to get their attention by screaming.

*** MANTIS ***

The webs in here were rather thin, and easy for the considerably strong superheroine to cut through with her jade blades, which were scythe-shaped like those of her namesake. Beyond a mildly faster thought process and low-level super strength, Mantis lacked real super powers unlike her teammates, which was why she had these at all.

Still, she wasn't leader for nothing. Mantis had a plan to face Arachne once she found her and got the team together. 

"Don't you know how much protein I have to eat to make those?" Arachne growled, irritated, from behind Mantis. "I live off fucking meat and protein shakes for months to put a web bubble on this little town, and you just cut, cut, cut. Very rude."

Mantis's hand was on her walkie in instants, and she had it to her mouth not seconds later. "Team, converge! Second floor!" However, no response came from the others, and Mantis repeated, "Team, converge!" Absolute silence besides Arachne's smug chuckling. "CONVERGE!"

"Oh, they can't respond," Arachne said, amused. "Two of them got their dollar-store walkie-talkies broken, and the other two can't reach them, anyway. Just you and me, blade bug."

Mantis wasted no further time quickly swinging at Arachne, furiously aiming for the villainess's throat. 

"My, my, what a disappointment," Arachne tisked, casually breaking Mantis's arm. "Five superheroes come to fight me at ten in the morning, and I beat them all before noon. Pity." Throwing Mantis over her shoulder with a judo reversal, she jokingly commented, "I guess you can't expect anything of worth out of a hick town like this."

Despite her injury, Mantis was back up in moments, growling in rage and pain. 

"Go to sleep," Arachne ordered, sharply elbowing Mantis in the face and knocking her out.

*** *** ***

"Wake up, insects," Arachne purred, the five heroines immediately struggling against bonds of webbing. They'd each been knocked unconscious before being brought here, to the records basement at city hall. "I wanna show you something."

Dragonfly immediately stopped struggling at Arachne's sensual tone as she spoke, but the others merely struggled harder.

"You see . . ." The voluptuous villainess grinned, standing over the hapless heroines, "one of my lesser-known abilities is my venom. I can shrink people down, down, down to two-inch insects with a little nibble on them," she explained, "like this."

Arachne quite suddenly bit Cricket on the neck, hard. The acrobatic young woman shrieked as she rapidly fell through her costume, landing with a soft plop in her own boot.

With a sadistic smirk, Arachne lifted Cricket from her boot, grabbing her by her tiny yet still quite powerful legs. "This one believes spiders don't eat crickets," she laughed as she lifted the squirming, squeaking bug of a woman to her lips and effortlessly bit her head off. "She's wrong, of course," Arachne giggled as blood dribbled onto her lip from Cricket's headless corpse, before taking it into her mouth and swallowing. 

The four remaining members of the Ladybugs screamed in horror as they watched this sadistic woman eat their mutual friend and partner.

"And you named yourself Roach," Arachne laughed, biting Roach as well and watching the huge woman dwindle out of her clothes. Roach had struggled considerably harder than Cricket, and tumbled onto the concrete floor as she tried to sprint away- it was quite obvious that her wings were mangled from being yanked free of Arachne's webs- only for the comparatively titanic villainess's high-heeled boot to land square on her body. "Silly little thing."

"Roach is nigh-invulnerable," Hornet spoke up defiantly, "she's still alive down there, she's survived more than you." Dragonfly quickly tried to cut in to tell her that it was a terrible idea to tell Arachne this, but the statement was out.

"Really? Cute . . ." Arachne giggled, pressing down harder and harder with her boot, until blood burst from under her sole like she'd stepped on a ketchup packet. "Ooh, that took effort," Arachne giggled, before approaching Hornet herself and continuing her trail of bites.

Hornet dwindled just like her friends had, but her wings were in sufficient working order to try to fly . . . only to be quite brutally smashed between Arachne's palms. "Hehe, I clapped her to death," Arachne giggled, wiping Hornet's blood off on Mantis's face. "That's all that's left of your friend," she taunted, before giving Mantis a hard bite of her own.

Mantis was catatonic as she was lifted out of her boot. She'd failed as a leader. It didn't matter that she was tiny and naked before dangerous, deadly Arachne . . . she had failed her team, and she curled into a ball of self pity.

"Oh, for fuck's sake, that's no fun," Arachne growled, dropping Mantis in a chair beside where Dragonfly was bound and seating herself in it.

"So . . . so what are you gonna do with me?" Dragonfly asked, weeping and feeling sick that she'd made out with this monster of a person for her first kiss. "You gonna snack on me, too? Crush me? Drown me? What!?"

Surprisingly, Arachne gave Dragonfly a tender kiss on the cheek. "I'm gonna keep you, actually, you dumb bug."

Dragonfly's eyes went wide. "Wh-what?"

"You're not the only one who does her research," Arachne teased, running a finger down Dragonfly's body. "You were never a threat to me, babe, nor would you have tried to hurt me. You can fly like a helicopter, and you have endless stamina . . . you never thought about the sexual implications of never growing tired, always being able to keep going?" Arachne's voice had dropped in pitch, becoming incredibly seductive. "You have no idea how boring it can get, only being able to masturbate when you need to get off . . ."

"I do! I'm . . . I'm still a virgin," Dragonfly admitted sheepishly. 

"What?" Arachne asked softly. "I thought you heroes would be drowning in pussy," she purred. "Maybe, if heroism isn't utilizing your full potential . . . you could be mine. Forever," Arachne purred. "Getting each other off whenever we need it . . ."

Dragonfly nodded eagerly. "Yes . . . yes, I'll gladly be with you forever . . ."

Arachne kissed a trail down Dragonfly's neck, slowly eliciting moans from her bound captive . . . before delivering a solid bite of venom with a giggle. 

"WHAT?" Dragonfly cried as she dwindled, Arachne's hand waiting below her.

"Well, you did say you'd be mine," Arachne giggled, before adding, "and I'm legitimately sorry about this." 

Before Dragonfly could respond, she felt huge, warm fingertips on her ruined wingtips- and tugging in both directions. "Oh God . . . no, no, no, please, I'll never run away, NOOO!"

Dragonfly sobbed as Arachne threw away her newly torn off wings, but Arachne couldn't hear her anymore due to her miniscule size. "Can't have you flying away, now. Wouldn't be fair- I can't fly. Now . . . Serve my nipple, little bug, and I'll lick you off tonight . . ." With that, she peeled her shirt and bra forward, exposing her massive, pale breast, and dropped Dragonfly in . . .

The little bug's squirms felt delicious against the sensitive skin, and Arachne allowed her clothing to fall back into place. "Very good, bug . . . very good . . ."

However, in the back of her mind, Arachne wondered . . . how nutritious was the adorable little thing? 

Chapter End Notes:

Yep, all the traps listed above are ways that spiders can capture prey. I did my fucking research! String snares, trapdoors, water webs, posing as a mate for prey, and even forceful attacks happen among different spider species.

Anywho, review?