- Text Size +
Story Notes:

SETTING

An office building. The office is named Rankit Industries, after some guy named Rankit you suppose, because the current owners of this office building actually bought it from the previous owners. And they liked the name, so they just stuck with it. Now this office is a lot looser with its dress code than typical offices, with the only major regulation is for employees to wear clothing that wouldn’t obstruct their ability to work. So it’s not out of the ordinary to see an employee come in wearing the pajamas every once in a while. Rankit seems to be a lot more interested in the work that employees do, rather than police what they wear or how they behave, at least to a reasonable extent. Another unique thing about this place is its use of shared desks. A few desks are actually free for any employee to use, and the company encourages employees to use them whenever they want, as long as they make sure to not use them for too long at a time.

CHARACTERS

Nick: A somewhat new member of this office, where he joined about 6 months ago, and he is mainly interested in doing a good job and having a pleasant relationship with his co-workers. He is average sized, standing at about 5’11”, and usually wears professional shirts and pants. He mainly doesn’t want to stand out too much, at least at first, so he can get used to working life. He is also 22, and he is still fairly new to the working world. Nick also has a bit of a foot fetish, but he keeps those thoughts away from the work place, so he doesn’t do anything that might make people suspicious, like looking at the ground a lot, or taking quick glances at his co-workers if a shoe comes off or something, or anything else like that.

Jen Nguyen: Jen is a very cheerful and helpful member of the office team, and she has helped you out on multiple occasions because she was closest to you ages wise, so she probably remembers how it felt to be the new guy. She also tells a lot of jokes, and you find her very funny. She has fair skin and long dark black hair that goes down to her upper back. She has light brown eyes. She’s a 24 year old Asian woman. She was also about medium in height, standing at 5’8”. Today, Jen was wearing a nice green dress with matching green flats.

Meghan Sharr: Meghan is also fairly new to this office, but she is a lot more confident about her role when you compare yourself to her. You both have bonded about how you both have recently entered the working world, talking about your respective college experiences. You learned that she has had a few internship opportunities during her undergrad experience, which would explain her level of readiness when compared to you. But she tries to give you pointers and tips from what she learned during her time, so you would be able to do well here too. She seems to always have an even and somewhat darkish tan. She also has light red hair, which makes you wonder how much work must go into keeping that consistent tan of hers, which she wears in a short pony tail. She also has bright hazel eyes. She is a 22 year old Caucasian woman. She is also a very tall person, standing at an impressive 6’5”. Today, Meghan decided to wear a pair of jeans and a plaid shirt, along with a pair of nice leather boots.

Kristen Shields: You don’t actually know very much about Kristen, because she seems to like to separate her work life with her personal life pretty strictly. Most conversations with her were about the job or work related subjects. But she is always polite when she interacts with others, and she doesn’t seem to get jealous or annoyed if other people get recognized over her, so she must be nice at least. She is a fair skinned woman with a lot of freckles. She also has brown hair that she wears in a pony tail that goes over her shoulder. She has bright blue eyes and is 25 years old, and is Caucasian. Kristen was actually the same height as you, standing at 5’11” as well. Kristen was pretty tired today, so she just wore a pair of comfortable sweatpants and a casual collared shirt, and a pair of fluffy moccasins.

Miriam Patel: Miriam is a serious worker and one of the quieter members of this office. But she also knows a lot about all the different regulations and best ways to perform the usual job duties, so most other members go to her for advice. And you don’t think that she minds, because she always seems to help out with any reservations or complaints. Although, she could just be being nice, so you weren’t sure either way. She has brown skin and wavy but short black hair that only goes down to her neck. She also has brown eyes. She’s a 26 year old Indian woman. Miriam was a pretty tall person, standing at 6’1”. Today, Miriam felt like wearing a dress shirt and a pair of jeans, with a pair of comfortable ugg boots. Her feet were feeling a bit sore today, so she didn’t mind wearing those boots today.

STORY INFO

In this story, our main character will shrink to about 2-3 feet, and will need to avoid being trampled over by his co-workers. This will start out unaware, and can evolve into discovery eventually. It will probably change quicker, since he is only a few feet tall as opposed to less than an inch tall. And he will also be more durable, so I can get more creative and detailed with what I write. But I mainly wanted to mess around with a different level of size difference. And it will sort of have the interactive style that I’ve usually done. But once each character route begins, I will probably not have as many branches, and instead just write them linearly. I’ll also be writing this story in 2nd person, from Nick’s perspective. I’ll most likely focus on feet stuff, mostly because that’s what I’m most into, you won’t find much else in this story. Sorry!

And the premise might be a bit too convenient for the kind of story that I’m trying to tell, but I don’t really care. Hey, it’s not like shrinking and stuff is realistic either!

Today was a normal day, just like every day. You had to admit that the days have began to blend in now that you’ve gotten a lot better at your job duties. And you don’t find that a bad thing at all, because now you really don’t need to worry about messing up during work or anything. And your co-workers are all pretty nice and friendly, for the most part, so interacting with them is enjoyable.

Although, something that was bugging you since yesterday was the office’s shared desks. The other day, you decided to work at it to see what all the hubbub was about, and when you were almost done your work, you looked under the desk and saw something odd. It was a realistic 3 foot mannequin, and you realized that you never felt it because you’ve always had a habit of keeping your legs close to your chair, so you later ask the management about it. They told you that it was left over from the previous owners, and they decided to turn it into a stress toy for employees. You were fairly confused, and they explained that the mannequin was pretty beat up already, and that it really couldn’t be used for much of anything. So they cleaned it off and set it up deep under that desk. They also mentioned that they had a list of instructions and rules for using the desk, if you had any more questions. You thought that the whole idea was both crazy and genius, because it was a cheap way to reduce employee stress and improve morale.

So when you looked at the list today, you found out all of the rules.

1) Do not abuse the mannequin with shoes on. This is a sturdy tool, but we do not believe that it can handle damage from hard shoes. We do not wish to damage the object enough to warrant additional repairs. This tool is an office privilege, not a right.

2) Please sign in before using the desk, both noting when you started and when you finished. This is for liability purposes.

3) Please do not clean or adjust the mannequin yourself. There are specific night crews who are equipped to that job.

4) Remember that you share this office with your peers. Please do not spend more than 2 hours, or more than ¼ of your shift, at this desk (whichever amount is larger).

5) Most importantly, please enjoy! We at Rankit Industries want this to be a stress-free work environment. So work out your stress as much as you wish.

You were actually surprised to how detailed they were, but then again, they probably didn’t want any legal loop holes or any chances of damaging a resource like this. But while you were sitting down, you started to feel a bit dizzy. No one else was around, so you tried laying your head down for a few minutes. But you eventually pass out, but you quickly awaken under the desk, except this doesn’t seem right. You look up, and realize that your whole body doesn’t even reach the top of the desk. You must have shrunk! You look at the mannequin next to you, and begin to notice the smell that obviously reeked from it, and determined that you must have been 3 feet tall just like this mannequin. But then, a devilish idea pops into your head. You noticed a small space that the mannequin would fit inside of, but would be both out of the way of the people sitting at the desk and out of sight. What if you move the mannequin out of the way and took its place? You had tried to avoid looking at your co-worker’s feet, because you wanted to remain professional and not make things feel awkward for you, but now you really couldn’t resist. And some part of you was convinced that you were dreaming, so you threw caution to the wind. You quickly texted your boss telling him that you need to go home because you suddenly got ill, and luckily your boss wished you well, so you were in the clear. You then turned off your cell phone and removed the battery, before storing it in the same spot that you stored the mannequin. You didn’t want anything to happen that might give you away, after all!

Since you told your boss that you needed to leave, you knew that the next person to use the desk would appear soon. So you quickly got into position, sitting up against the desk wall, and waited to see who would come to abuse you. After a few minutes you heard the door swing open, and you were greeted by the shoes of your first abuser. They were:

1) Jen’s green flats (Go to In Comes Jen - Chapter 1)

2) Meghan’s leather boots

3) Kristen’s fluffy moccasins

4) Miriam’s ugg boots

Chapter End Notes:

So here's a new story! It's a bit different than my usual ones, with a different size difference scale, but it's still focused on feet. I hope you guys enjoy this story. I've always wanted to try out a story like this. Let me know what you think of it and if you have any feedback. Take care!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.