- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks to everyone who commented along the way, Adamx, kefka, diesel, notsirk, pdawg, curvograph, dargx, i'm sure I'm missing people and I'm sorry for that.  All of your words, thoughts, opinions meant a lot along the way. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this story. I started writing this not thinking it would be 185 pages and believing anyone but me would ever read it. 

Enjoy the ending. 

Later Days, 

PS: Kefka, i forgot to add you on skype. So hit me up again sometime so i can add you. 

Step Monster CH17 

By 

Asukafan2001 

 

The sounds of the television faded as Twerp found herself trapped behind a cotton barrier. The elastic on either end that held the material tightly against Sabrina was much too strong for Twerp. She hated how weak and helpless her body was. The weak elastic band she often berated in her prior life as being inefficient was now blocking her freedom. The voices of her step daughter, and Sabrina hung in the air.  

"What gives? I can't say I didn't enjoy it. But you're not usually so bold." 

"I love you Sabrina. I do. I needed it. As much as it was about you and me, it wasn't about us at all. She took everything from me. She took my family. My parents were happy and she ruined it. I'm not blind though. I can see how much she does love my father. However, for what she did justice had to be paid." 

"If that’s justice, sign me up for another round." Sabrina said playfully.  

"No, not like that Sabrina. I needed her to be hurt. I wanted her to be hurt. I wanted to hurt her the way she hurt my mother. The way she made me hurt seeing my parents fight and yell at each other. I wanted to make her cheat. I wanted her to feel the shame my mother had to feel. She needs to hurt so I can feel that its fair."  

"I get it. I do. My parents hardly acknowledge my existence. They work long hours running that stupid Generisoft. I get outlook invites for family functions. Your mom and dad weren't like that. I get why you'd be hurt by what happened. Its why it's so hard to not to show what I feel for you publicly. You give me something I never thought I'd have." Sabrina said as she stroked the top of Peyton's head 

"Sabrina, I never want to hurt you by keeping us a secret. I'm just not sure I'm ready to be public with us, and everything that entails.  I just don't want you to think I used you. I loved what we shared. I just also wanted Nancy to have to feel hurt. I needed her to feel the pain of being betrayed and having to live with that. It's the only revenge I could have. As much as I hate her, she's also been good to me at times. I'm going to have to take care of her as she certainly, can't care for herself. It's not logical when I say it out loud okay. I get it. I just..." Peyton said before Sabrina cut her off.  

"I know I get it. I do. You don't need to try to explain it anymore. You know I never liked her so you don't need to justify anything to me. If you got what you needed out of that, than I'm happy.  I love you. I care about you. We can do this all at your own pace. I will always be here for you. Couples are a team. We will just be a secret team for a while. 

"Is that me rubbing off on you? If you don't be careful you might be mistaken for being nice." Peyton teased.  

"If you tell anyone." Sabrina said defensively  

"I wouldn’t dare." Peyton said with laugh.  

 Twerp was but a distant memory to them as they both stretched out onto the sofa. The smell of sex still hung in the air as she labored away. Her stomach felt queasy, and she had a horrid taste she couldn't seem to get out trapped inside of her mouth. She had long since finished her task, but still she remained imprisoned and chained to Sabrina. 

She had to listen to Peyton catch Sabrina up on what had transpired as two additional episodes played to completion before she felt Sabrina stand up. She was powerless to do anything but grasp the cotton material as she stood in darkness as Sabrina carried her somewhere. She could hear Peyton's voice nearby, but knew better than to call to her. Several events of the past few days have made her painfully aware of her stature in this household. 

As she looked down at her body she felt disgusting. Her cotton fur held onto the sticky remnants she was forced to endure. She felt dirty as she rubbed her hands over her body. What disgusted her most was the feeling that she cheated on Douglas. She couldn't stop it, or prevent what was done to her. However, she felt dirty. She loved Douglas and could never imagine hurting him or cheating on him.  

She knew the irony in that. She knew what Peyton thought. She had voiced it to her several times. If you knew my dad was married and still slept with him. Still dated him. Still flirted with him what would stop you from doing it again. If you would wreck one home why wouldn't you wreck it again or wreck another.  

At the time she had no good answer other than she wouldn't. She would never dream of doing that to Douglas, or hurting him. She never meant to cause him or Peyton any pain to begin with. It just happened. However, Peyton would never believe that and she couldn't blame her. If roles had been reversed she didn't know if she would have either.  She prayed that justice may finally have been paid. She struggled to think if she could possibly hold on for much longer.  

Light shone in finally as she saw Sabrina's hand reach in and grab her. She was pulled out and roughly set on Peyton's bed. She felt sick as she looked about this disgusting room. It disgusted her greatly at her previous size. Now, it made her want to heave. She never could handle mess very well. Even as a child it bothered her to get messy, or see things that were disorganized or dirty.  Sabrina set two large bags down on the floor, as Peyton left the room. 

"Told you would be mine. You just didn't realize how true it was. Seeing your face when you saw me was absolutely priceless. You had no idea Peyton was my girlfriend. You're not ever going to get away from me." Sabrina taunted down to her friend's step mother.  

Twerp shuddered as the reality of Sabrina's words hit close to home. If Peyton, and Sabrina didn't break up it made her sick to think she could have to spend the rest of her life under not only Peyton's thumb, but Sabrina's as well. Twerp tried to think back at how she could have missed the fact that they were in a relationship. There had to have been signs. As she tried to recall events, and memories she found herself struggling to remember things that happened before the accident. She could clearly recall the past few days. However, her memories of her life as Nancy List were blurry and scattered at best. She could feel herself waging war against the sub human part of her brain.  

It pained her as she fought with herself to recall clearly events from her time as Nancy List. However, anything she tried to remember felt like it was on the tip of her tongue. Any memory she tried to envision was cloudy. As if she was watching an old television, and was trying to make out what was happening through the snow filed screen. She could see bits and pieces but the full picture was hidden.  

She couldn't believe her body was already adjusting. It scared her how quickly her body was adapting and changing now. Her subhuman mind was becoming stronger and stronger. She could feel what was left of her humanity being assimilated into the now dominate subhuman part of her. As she looked up at Sabrina, she felt a timidness in herself which was normally not present. As she thought of speaking out, or going against her wishes the concept seemed almost foreign.  

"Can you really not read?" Sabrina asked with more excitement in her tone of voice then Twerp would care to hear.  

"Yes." 

"Yes what?" Sabrina asked snidely wanting to hear the defeated woman say it once again. 

"Yes, Master Sabrina." The hatred she felt only grew in her as she was forced to once again submit to the will of the giant before. Making matters worse it was someone she truly hated with every fiber of her being. 

"So, if I hold my phone up with these text messages showing you can't read these text messages?"  

"No" Twerp shamefully said. 'It's like the knowledge is gone.." Twerp got out before being cut off.  

"How fitting. So, you're like stupid now. You really are going to be like a dumb animal. I was hoping you'd do my homework, but now you're not smart enough to do it." The words stung even if they were truthful.   

"I could maybe you send you to school with my little sister...but she can read already. I guess that won't work. I guess even little kids are too smart for you now." Sabrina gloated relishing her new-found  intelligence advantage over Twerp. 

As Peyton entered the room Twerps jaw dropped. She looked at the massive hamster cage. She had forgotten about it. She remembered seeing it the other night. Now that she saw Peyton carrying it into her room she wanted to run and hide. A large shadow loomed overhead from the cage causing Twerp to scurry out of the way.  

"I think I got everything we need in bags." Sabrina said as she turned her attention away from Twerp. 

"I got some newspaper we can line the bottom of the cage with before we put the bedding on. You're lucky my dad is so old fashioned. No one else gets a physical newspaper anymore." Sabrina said as she pulled out the want ads section of the newspaper. 

Twerp was horrified as she saw Peyton pull out the bottom with ease as the girls begun to line the bottom of the cage with newspaper. The notion that they were going to put her in that was sickening. She could feel the last of her humanity being pulled away from her with every moment she stared at it. 

"Oh, Kaitlyn says she wants to see her by the way?" Sabrina said as she rummaged through the bag 

"What? You told Kaitlyn. No one is supposed to know. I told you to vault it. We are in a relationship. I need to be able to trust you Sabrina" Peyton said with a hint of frustration. 

"You can, I know you don’t fully trust her, but I've known forever. I will handle this. I know messed up, don't be mad." Sabrina said as she flashed some puppy dog eyes at Peyton. 

"Oh please. I invented that move. You're lucky I love you slut. I hate that I can't stay mad at you." Peyton said as she playfully shoved Sabrina.  

"Because you think I'm gorgeous, you want to kiss me, you want to hug me, you  want to love me,  you want to marry me" Sabrina sings.  

"really, breaking out the Sandra Bullock. You have a problem you know." Peyton teases 

"If the Sandra Bullock quote fits." Sabrina said "Ah-ha found it. I wasn't sure what you were going for. Kaitlyn found this little doll bed with even tiny sheets. It would be a bit big for Twerp, but workable." Sabrina said holding up the doll bed. 

Twerp eyed the bed from above. Even in the packaging it looked highly detailed and comfortable. She wondered where Sabrina and her friend were shopping to find such a bed. However, she knew Sabrina lived in the rich country club area. So, the more she thought about it she figured she shouldn't have been so surprised. 

"Don't you think it’s a little too human for her? I mean I'd hate to confuse her, and have her thinking she's a person" 

"See I thought that too, but it was only like forty dollars. So we thought what the hell." Sabrina added.  "But, we wouldn’t want little twerpy werpy thinking she's people or entitled to rights." Sabrina said an infantile voice. As she tossed the box still in its packaging into the trash can in Peyton's room. 

"Don’t use big words like entitled. She may not know what they mean." Peyton chided playfully which caused both girls to laugh. While Twerp felt as if she was shrinking even smaller before their eyes. She couldn't remember ever feeling smaller as they berated and teased her. However, what hurt worse was seeing that bed thrown away.  

"Please Master Peyton, Sabrina. Can I have the bed. I will do what you say." Twerp pleaded. She felt like a child begging her parents as she looked up at the young teens. She couldn't believe how much their places had swapped, Just this past weekend Peyton was begging her for permission to go to a pool party. Now she was the one begging and pleading to them. 

"Hmmm, I don't know. I really don't feel like you've earned it." Peyton said. 

"I know, when I was little I really wanted to wear big girl underwear. But, I wasn't potty trained yet. So, my mom set the underwear I wanted on this shelf as like a goal that I was working towards. We could set the bed aside for when she's earned it." Sabrina said 

"I don't see any issue with that." Peyton said pulling the bed out of the trash can and setting it on her desk for now. Twerp felt mortified over the idea of having to prove herself to these girls. That she would be graded and judged. She would need to serve them blindly just for the opportunity to sleep in a bed. 

"Knowing you so well, at the pet store in the mall. You know the one with the cute baby bunnies in the display window all the time" 

"awww, yeah. I love going in there. Just don't go with Avery. She will spend like an hour inside." 

"I know right. But I saw this bedding for hamster cages. It's all natural and absorbent. It was a little bit pricier than the others but this is supposed to be safe for your pets." 

"That’s more what I was thinking. I'm sure this is more what she's use too anyway." Peyton said while Twerp fumed. She was furious. They were talking as if she was always like this. As if she's never slept in a bed. She was just some kind of outdoor animal they brought in and rescued. It was appalling. She wanted to say something. She wanted to fight for her rights. She wanted to scream and throw a tirade. But, she knew it wouldn't solve anything. They would merely dismiss her thoughts and opinions. She held no sway with either girl.  

The cage had a pullout tray at the bottom for easy cleaning. So the girls pulled it out and then spread a layer of the bedding over the bottom of the cage covering the newspaper completely. Peyton pressed down on it several times making sure it was deep enough before shrugging and pushing it back in.  

"You know you will have to change this once a week, right?" Sabrina added as she reached into the bag. 

"Weekly! Are you serious? Now that the step monster is gone it means I don't have anyone to pawn this off on." Peyton fumed with a huff causing Sabrina to laugh.  

"You're so lazy. You're the worst owner." Sabrina added. 

"Well who wants to clean out cages? It's not like she's smart enough to use the bathroom. She can't even read a picture book." 

"I can use the bathroom!" Twerp exclaimed feeling the need to defend herself.  

"I like how that’s the breaking point. Not the picture book comment." Sabrina said while laughing.  

"Really, how are you getting up to the toilet? How are you reaching it? What about the logistics behind using toilet paper? How are you flushing? Not to mention closing the door. You can't possibly do any one of those tasks let alone all of them. You're helpless without us." 

"but..but..but.." Was all Twerp could get out as she fought for some kind of response or retort, but she knew Peyton was right on those points. She couldn't use the bathroom without assistance.   

"You don't even have money. Everything you see we paid for." Sabrina added. "Oh checkout these cute food bowls we got. Kaitlyn knew this place where they do customizations. So, we had them engrave twerp on the food dish." 

"That's so cute. Look Twerp, Sabrina even got you a food bowl so you won’t have to fight with Simba or Max for food. What do you say?"  

"Thank you, Master Sabrina." Twerp said as she gritted her teeth.  

“Just seeing you have to use it is its own thanks.”  

“You want to pick up the cage. I’m going to clear a spot off.” Peyton said. As she stood up, Twerp tumbled down onto the mattress. As she laid there, she pressed down on the mattress and noted how she couldn’t even make a dent. She no longer possessed enough weight to sink into mattress.  

Twerp looked up as Sabrina stood up a few seconds later and lifted the cage up. She carried it behind Peyton who picked up a bunch of clothes that were on top of her dresser. You can set it here. Peyton said as Sabrina slid the Cage onto the dresser.  

“Go ahead and put her in.” Peyton said still holding a pile of clothes in her arms as Sabrina grabbed Twerp from the bed. Twerp danged loosely in her grip as she walked back over to the hamster cage. She grinned as she held her up to her face. As Twerp looked into her eyes she saw pure glee over what she was about to do.  

All at once Twerp found herself in a state of freefall as she tumbled through the air. She yelled for help but knew none was coming. She tried to brace herself as best she could. However, as she hit the floor of the cage she found the landing to be much softer as the bedding the girls had put in softened the fall. It felt more like falling onto a mattress.  As she stared up at the opening she saw Sabrina close the latch on top of the cage as Peyton walked back over. She dropped all the clothes that were on top of her dresser ontop of the cage. The clothes spewed behind and over the sides of the cage.  

“It would have looked weird if it was clean. Dad would have said something.” Peyton said as she took a few steps back admiring her handiwork. 

Twerp looked up at the roof and could see nothing but Peyton’s clothes as they draped over the cage. A sleeve of a sweater draped over the front along with part of a pair of Peyton’s underwear on the other side of the front. While the sides, top and rear were nothing but a pile of various clothes. 

“Are those even clean?” Sabrina asked. 

“Not sure, don’t care.” Peyton replied as she leaned in eying her stepmother as she still laid on the ground. 

“P-peyton. Let me out of here. Do you hear me. I’m not animal.” Twerp frantically said as she pounded against the plastic part of the cage lining the front, before jumping up to reach the metal bars and shaking them as she continued to scream at the girls let her out in a primal rage which only made the girls laugh harder.  

“Sorry Twerp, that’s your home now. You didn’t really think I’d be keeping you in my pocket, did you? Taking you to school, or out with my friends?” 

“Look at her face..I think she did.” Sabrina said laughing as she pointed at Twerp. 

“I told you what your life was going to be like. So, embrace it. Those cage walls are going to be all you know for the rest of your life. I even gave you a view of your favorite room of the house, my bedroom.” Peyton teased as she saw the rage further bubble over. 

“Let me out. When I get you of here you both are big in trouble. Do you hear me! I’m a person. I’m a person dammit.” Twerp said as she fell to her knees crying as she punched against the plastic wall one last time. 

“How can you be doing this to me? Are you heartless?” Twerp said as she looked up at the two girls unable to stop herself from crying like a baby before them. 

“I can only speak for myself, but I can do this to you because I’m a bitch. I never liked you. I never wanted to like you. When I found out what happened to you. I was happy. Do you deserve this? No, but you can’t do anything about it.” Sabrina said as she gave Peyton a long passionate kiss in front of the cage window before looking back towards Twerp. 

“Please, please Master Peyton.  Don’t do this. I don’t want to live in a cage I’m not animal. I’m not animal.” Twerp screamed and begged. 

“I think she needs some time to come to terms with this. Let’s leave her be. She can adjust to how she will spend most days while I’m at school, or just out living my life.” Peyton as she headed towards the bedroom door. 

"Get back here! Don't you dare leave me in here. PEYTON!!" Twerp screamed as the bedroom door shut. Twerp dropped to her knees and let out a horrific scream before collapsing to the ground.  

The only solace she had was in that moment she knew her humanity was intact. But, in exchange for that she seemed unable to recall much of what happened before Peyton had discovered her. She found that her brain had successfully assimilated her humanity into her new existence as Twerp. As she looked out at the messy, rancid landscape of Peyton’s room she saw a sea of words she could no longer read, or comprehend.  

She knew with the inability to recall much of her old life. She would have to forge a new life. She would need to find a way to accept this existence as her own. She would have to do what Peyton wanted her to do all along. Admit that Nancy List is dead. She knew now as she looked around this large world that it would be the only way for her to move on. Today she would mourn her death, and tomorrow, for better or worse. When she woke up, she would be Twerp, and that had to be enough.  

 

 

 

 

Step Monster: Epilogue  

 

The blaring of Peyton's alarm clock awoke Twerp. She knew Peyton would sleep the alarm a couple of times before getting up. However, twerp laid there with her eyes open staring up at the pile of clothes resting atop her cage.  She could feel the conflicting thoughts that were normally fluttering about her brain were gone. She felt in control for the first time since the event happened.  

She turned her head from left to right finding herself contained in a massive cage. A sense of disbelief fell across her as the realization that this wasn't a nightmare hit her hard. As she stood up and looked out the front of the cage she could see a dirty sock hanging down from the top of the cage.  Facing her on the sock was some writing. As she stared at the sock she found her brain unable to decrypt the seemingly foreign writing.  

As she continued to stare at it for a few moments she found the knowledge was just completely gone. She couldn't decrypt any part of it. It was completely gibberish to her. She knew at that moment that the knowledge to understand and comprehend it was lost to her. As she looked over the now foreign English characters she felt saddened over the knowledge lost to her. Desperately she looked over the characters again and again hoping to trigger something or see something familiar. However, it may as well have been Japanese as far as she was concerned now.  

The bed springs squeaked as she heard the thunderous pounding of Peyton's footsteps across the floor. She watched her disappear into the bathroom for a bit. It was odd watching someone while trapped in a cage. She felt utterly helpless unable to interact with the outside world. She was disconnected from nearly all facets of life.  

When she saw Peyton walk out of the bathroom and headed towards her closet. She thought she was going to ignore her. However, Peyton turned her head remembering Twerp.  As Peyton's eyes locked onto the cage on her dresser a smile formed on her face. She took several deliberate steps forwards until she was directly in front of the cage.  

"I see someone is awake sleepyhead. You were out cold when I came back in." Peyton said. Twerp's nose crinkled as her morning breath washed over her.  

"Please let me out. I don't want to live like this." Twerp said staring up at Peyton. 

"This is your home. It's for the best. Simba would hurt you, and I can't watch you all the time. I will assign you little tasks each day to do while Im at school so you won't get bored. You're in the Peyton business now. Your whole existence focuses solely around me now." 

"This isn't happening." Twerp mumbled as stared at her step daughter through the metal bars of the cage.  

"Oh, but it is. I told you it would. I told you this day would come and It's finally, here my pet." Peyton said with glee.  

"P-please. You can't be serious. I-I need out. I need to use the bathroom. I need food." Twerp said searching for anything to get her out of this cage.  

"Do what your kind does. Pick a corner and go. The bedding is absorbent. That's the beauty of keeping you in a cage. I don't need to worry about taking you out. Sadly, I'll have to clean out your cage each week though.  

"You can't be serious. It was bad enough going outside. Now you expect to just go in a corner?" Twerp exclaimed frustrated by this new revelation.  

"Of course. If you're good. I will consider taking you out and letting you run around my desk while I do the homework you can't do anymore." Peyton said with a huff.  

"sorry" Twerp said sarcastically while crossing her arms.  

"you should be.' Peyton replied not picking up on the sarcasm. "This is quite the inconvenience for me." 

"You can't be serious? You're can't just keep me like this."  

"Of course I can. You don't have to worry anymore. We're square now. Since you cheated on my father I consider us square. You just have to live with the shame of what you did." Peyton said.  

"I couldn't do anything about it. That's not fair." Twerp pleaded. 

"Really you couldn't. You never asked me stop. When Officer Daniels was having sex with you. I don't recall you asking for it stop.  During the Sabrina parts you asked to stop, but that was to avoid Sabrina. You never asked for me to stop what Daniels did to you." 

"I love your father. You know this. I never wanted to hurt anyone. I treated you like my own daughter. I love you like a daughter." 

"This is a fresh start, so, embrace it. MOM." Peyton said with a crooked smile followed by a hair flip before heading into her closet.  

Twerp couldn't believe this was what her life now. As she looked up briefly at the bars she knew now she was truly at Peyton's mercy. She could feel her mind and body working as one in its new state. She found that her brain had merged her subhuman and human halves into one new entity. She had managed to hold onto herself identity. However, there were things that she should know that now seem beyond her grasp.  

It feels as if she's living with amnesia in some ways. As she can remember some aspects of her old life like people and some events tied to those people. However, she can't seem to remember where she lived before this house. Her life before Douglas had seemingly been erased from her mind.  

Twerp felt solace in the fact that she could at least remember her life with Douglas.  She was afraid of her mind being completely lost. She felt horrible over what happened with Officer Daniels. She loved Douglas with all her heart. She would never intentionally hurt him. A part of her wondered if she would have asked Peyton to stop would she have?  

"Hey Mom, Sabrina left her soccer shoes here." Twerp heard Peyton yell. She had never called her mom before. It felt good to hear her call her that even if a part of her knew she did it to further degrade her. She heard the rumbling of Peyton's footfalls as she the roof the cage was lifted off. Twerp looked up a bit shocked for a moment as the roof of what was now considered her home was pulled away.  

"Here clean these." Peyton said dropping the soccer cleats into the cage below. Twerp dashed out of the way as the fell onto the bedding with a soft thud. A musty smell wafted off of them as Twerp looked up at Peyton. Who reached into the cage grabbing her water bottle bowl. 

Twerp knew there was no way she could ever hope to escape this cage. The walls were many times her own size. She would need Peyton, Sabrina or Avery to pull her out. She was truly now a pet in Peyton's world. As Peyton returned she lowered the water dish back into the cage. A second later several pieces of dog food dropped into her food dish. Twerps stomach churned in disgust as she looked at the bits of food she would be forced to eat.  

"Sabrina's coming over after practice so have those shoes cleaned for her by then. She will need them for the game tomorrow. If you do a good job I will consider rewarding you a merit towards that bed you want." Peyton said with a smirk.  

"A merit? What are you talking about?" 

"Every time you do something good you have the possibility of earning a merit. If you do something bad you lose a merit automatically. When you reach 10,000 merits and hold that amount for atleast a month you get your bed."  

"What? I'm not a child. I don't need a reward system. I deserve a bed. You can't do this." Twerp shouted upset. 

"Now Twerp, I don't like that tone. Minus one demerit. See how that works. If you keep this up you will be sleeping like an animal forever. I will allow you to earn back some privileges you had as a person. Once you earn the bed, maybe we could look into a tiny home or some kind of enclosure of some kind for privacy. However, for you privacy is a privilege not a right." 

"Peyton come on" Avery said walking into the room. Twerp watched Peyton set the roof back on the cage before waving goodbye and leaving her bedroom closing the door behind her.  

As the door shut Twerp kicked at Sabrina's over grown cleats. She couldn't believe how unfair this was. As she looked out at Peyton's room the reality sunk in. This view as all she would see. She would never see beyond Peyton's walls. Getting to leave her bedroom was even a reward she would have to work towards.  This was now her life.