- Text Size +

Orange torchlight flickered overhead, casting deep shadows along the palace’s stone hallway.  I hopped from one flagstone to another, bending upon landing under my burden.  Though it was made of mithril and exceedingly light, the serrated blade fragment was slightly longer than my torso and came with a significant bulk.  After a few seconds I steadied myself and walked forward a couple more paces, still trying to get accustomed to the bulky metal shard strapped over my back.

 

Finally I stopped in front of a massive dark wood double door set in a gilded frame.  A flanged mace clenched in a mailed fist at the apex confirmed I was in the right spot, since no other bedroom could bear the imperial crest.  Muffled voices came from the other side, the energy contained within them still obvious from my side.  Dim light spilled through the crack at the door’s base, and I could make out the brown soles of an enormous pair of boots standing across from even larger purple slippers.

 

A few staccato syllables with a sense of finality, then one of the tremendous doors creaked open.  Through the narrow slit I saw pale skin perfectly reflecting a candle’s yellow light, and a loose red tunic cast orange.  A leather boot the size of a building stepped through and I spun to face the wall, pressing against it as hard as I could.  The ground’s tremors were accompanied by a loud clap from the boot hitting the floor, and I leaned hard against the wall to keep from falling.

 

Llelwyn, my target’s major domo, fully stepped into the hall.  Though she was a thousand times my size she had a slight, waifish build, even for an elf, which gave her features a sharp and exotic look.  She also had keen vision, which meant even I had to be cautious around her.  Ordinarily I would not worry about someone noticing a tiny, immobile object on the floor, but I had seen over a dozen people who thought they were clever deliberately flattened beneath her boots.  Folk lore had long held that elves had infravision, which would neatly explain how she could spot people otherwise invisible.  With any luck, though, if she looked in my direction the room temperature metal on my back would be sufficient camouflage.

 

With a loud thud her hand pressed the door closed, and I remained perfectly still.  Tremors from her footsteps grew more intense, and I had to clench my teeth to keep from yelping out of shock and alerting her sensitive ears.  Seismic activity reached a pitch, then died down again when she walked past.  I stayed in that position for several minutes longer in case Llelwyn doubled back to pick up something she forgot, or remind the empress of one more thing for the morning.  The tremors never returned, however, and I decided it was safe to move.

 

Deftly I moved across the flagstone floor toward the door, hopping over the cracks between them as I went.  By the time I got to her bed she ought to be fast asleep, completely vulnerable to my strike.  To keep myself in the moment I counted the paces on my route.  Twenty steps per stone, ten stones to the door.  The trek of no more than a couple strides for Llelwyn took me over ten minutes at my pace, but I arrived at the door all the same.

 

While crawling under the doors I reflected upon what led to this moment.  For eight months I had thought only of my revenge against the empress.  She had taken everything from me: my land, titles, even my size save for half an inch, and for that I would take her life.  I still figured it to be a raw deal, but it was the best I would get.  If it had not been for her snapping a jumped-up duelist’s weapon in the throne room I would have nothing but burning hatred for her, but when that single jagged sliver bounced beneath her throne I saw an opportunity.  All that was left was to wait for the capital’s sweltering heat to make it unbearable, as it had been for the past week, so that she would sleep above her covers and leave herself unprotected.

 

The plan was simple.  Once inside I would climb up her bed post until I reached the top of her mattress.  Then I would walk the up and walk the length of her body – at roughly the size of a bed bug, she ought to sleep soundly through it.  When I reached her neck, I would use the serrated edge of my mithril splinter to slice open her arteries; eternal empress or not she would bleed to death in only a couple minutes.  Though there were sure to be consequences, they did not concern me.  Before there could be repercussions, I had to do the deed.

 

I emerged from beneath the door into the empress’s spacious bedchamber.  The only illumination came from a raised gem on her nightstand emanating a dark blue light which managed to fill most of the room.  In the center was an enormous four post bed larger than many rooms I had been in with curtains draped from the top in order to conceal its occupant.  Everything was still and silent except for the quiet sound of slow, steady breathing.

 

Eagerly I crossed the open floor between the door and her bed.  Deep shadows from the blue light gave plenty of notice when I needed to hop over a break in the flooring, and the lamp itself acted as a beacon for my approach.  I moved quickly toward the mesa the empress slept on despite the heat radiating off the floor.  Even in the dead of night they would have been too hot to touch and made the room uncomfortably warm, just as I had hoped.

 

It took several minutes to traverse the enormous chamber, but upon arriving at the base of the tremendous bed I could not have been more pleased by what I found.  Through the gap beneath the raised mattress I saw a mountainous pile of fur and silk from her discarded bedding, cast off so she could get some rest.  More than that, one of the drawstrings for her canopy bed reached the ground, giving me an easy means of reaching the mattress – at least, easier than climbing up the varnished wood finish of her bed frame.

 

The string was more like a coiled rope, twice as thick around as me with a frayed tip brushing the floor.  Braided strands ran together all the way to the top, giving me an effective, if slow, means of reaching the top of the mesa.  Briefly I confirmed the weapon was still squarely centered on my back, then grabbed a handful of strands dangling from the tip and pulled myself up.

 

Unsurprisingly I had lost a lot of muscle mass while cowering behind the leg of her throne and subsisting on sparse crumbs and had become significantly weaker as a result.  Fortunately my load was lighter than a feather, and all it took was some straining to reach the bundled knot at the rope’s end.  After taking a moment to make sure my grip was secure I swung my lower body to the side and threw a leg up, grappling the thread with it.  I cautiously drew the rest of my body onto it until I stood on the dangling rope.

 

Leaning toward the center, I took minute steps around the rope’s circumference.  It was pure white, brilliantly reflecting the room’s blue light, making it easy to find the crevices I was looking for.  I dug my feet into the first indention I found, knowing that it ran the whole vertical length.  Keeping my steps small I walked up the strand forming the rope, leaning into the steep incline to keep from tumbling off.  To my amazement I was able to fit halfway into the tiny seam, giving a feeling of security during my long ascent.

 

Before long I fell into a rhythm with the repetitive motions.  Slide forward hand, slide forward foot, bring the back two up, repeat.  Climbing the rope was exceptionally simple once I became accustomed to it, and I felt that the rope would run out long before my stamina did.  I sank so deeply into the repetition that I hardly noticed when I crested the side of the mattress and saw a flat, open plain beneath me.  An ethereal glow from the deep purple sheets caught my eye, however, and I stopped my journey up the column before the drop became too perilous.

 

The rope touched the edge of the empress’s bed, and I was able to step off onto the mattress.  To my surprise it dimpled beneath my miniscule weight, a testament to how soft it was.  Luckily, the taut silk sheet kept me from sinking into it, the close stitching having an almost elastic effect with the threads working together.  I turned left, ready to begin my approach to the behemoth empress, and had to suppress a flash of anger.

 

An enormous foot, longer and taller than the walls of most keeps, laid along the mattress, pressing down with enough force to create a steep slope.  Most days all I could see of the empress while hiding beneath her throne were her feet, though they were always clad with some sort of footwear.  I had grown to despise her feet, and seeing this one so close, large enough to flatten me with no difficulty, incensed me.

 

Slowly I approached the building-sized foot.  If I could climb up and onto her ankle it would be a hearty boost of confidence for me while I walked along her colossal body.  I reached out and touched her sole, but before I could grab on the entire surface shuddered from her toes twitching.  Once more I tried, hoping it was a one-time response, but instead her heel dug into the mattress and kicked forward, throwing me backward toward the precipice.  Just my luck: the empress was ticklish.

 

Instead of pressing my luck I decided to try a different approach.  Watching her foot closely for stray twitches I walked along the curve of her heel until I could safely say I was between her legs.  In front of me was the tight, creased flesh of her Achilles tendon, roughly as wide as I was.  Nervously I tapped it, waiting for a reaction from the rest of her leg.  When none came I hopped up and latched onto the mostly flat surface, then churned my legs against her skin to climb the rest of the way up until I stood on the tissue.

 

The empress had long and shapely legs as anyone who had seen her could attest, but standing on the end of one while tiny put it in a whole different perspective.  Her ankle bone’s small bump protruded far enough to block my vision, and her calf seemed to stretch for hundreds of feet.  Its gentle slope looked like it would be easy to scale, but its peak was high enough I could not see over it.  Realizing the task before me was more monumental than I had expected I set out immediately across the titanic empress’s leg.

 

I navigated around the promontory of her ankle bone and proceeded onto the dense muscle of her thigh.  Her skin was immaculately smooth and well-kept, with a slight sheen from the light reflecting off it.  Though I wondered how she maintained it so meticulously I did not mind, since it meant I had a clear path to the rest of her body without having to watch my step.  During this leg of the journey I scarcely noticed the slope upward, and was pleasantly surprised when I stepped onto the solid bone of her kneecap.

 

From that peak I surveyed the rest of the giantess’s monumental body.  Most of her thighs were as bare as what I had just crossed, but a thin white nightgown covered the rest.  Her chest steadily rose and fell like the earth itself was heaving with her breath, each movement clear under the tight gown.  The massive ridge of her breasts blocked my view of anything beyond them, but they were far enough away that I could solve that later.

 

The journey up the empress’s thigh was surprisingly easy.  It was apparent she had not neglected her physical regimen, since her quads were nearly as firm as her bone, with a little extra cushioning to make my steps easier.  I was careful not to stray too far to the inside to avoid setting off her tickle reflex again, and soon came to what looked like a white sheet draped over the path.  Initially I began walking over it, then I remembered the mountainous breasts in my path and figured the easiest way past would be between them.  Besides, how many people could say they had been beneath the empress’s skirt?

 

Certain of my course I lifted the flimsy fabric and stepped beneath it.  It turned out the white cloth was fairly translucent, giving the lamp’s light a ghostly glow as it was dispersed over the surface.  On the plus side it was also very light, and I was able to push it over me with ease while I progressed up her thigh.  There was very little leg left to cross once I was under her gown, and soon I reached the top.

 

Another thin layer of cloth was wrapped around her vagina, probably to prevent chafing.  Careful not to disturb it too much I stepped over and began looking for her belly button to center myself.  Briefly I considered going back and sneaking a peek – out of the few who had been under the empress’s skirt, only a handful of them could boast about seeing the imperial cunt – but resisted temptation.  Too much movement around such a sensitive area could rouse her, and I wanted a clean path the rest of the way.

 

Finding her navel was easy enough once I got a good look at the terrain in front of me.  The small divot stood out like a sinkhole amid the otherwise pristine skin.  I made my way to the edge and looked down at the bundle of scar tissue at the base.  It was a pit deep enough that I would not be able to see over the side if I climbed in, I realized, and decided to skirt around it.  Stopping to play around in anything might get her attention, and the last thing I wanted to deal with was her gigantic hands.

 

From there I set up across her torso toward the pass between her breasts.  The ground was firm enough to not give me problems, and just as smooth as the rest of her skin I had encountered, but the steadily shifting terrain unnerved me.  Feeling the very ground beneath me breathe was a new experience, and one I hoped to never get acclimated to.  The colossal body of a living, breathing woman acting as my earth only made me realize how small she had made me, and made me more resolute to get my vengeance.

 

The ground continued to expand and contract beneath my feet when I reached her breasts and stood looking through her cleavage.  The empress’s placid face was blocked by her sharp chin, but that helped give me focus.  Between the great mounds on either side and past her collar bone was a bridge made of skin, sinew, and tendons.  Most importantly, beneath the surface my critical target laid.  Soon, with just a few slashes, this would all be over.  Galvanized in my purpose I strode forward, walking between her ample bosom toward my victory.

 

My feet touched a solid ridge of bone just beneath a thin layer of skin.  I looked over her wide neck, completely vulnerable to my strike.  Her face was immobile: she suspected nothing.  Carefully I stepped down into the space in the middle of her clavicle and thanked my luck for the success thus far.  Just a few more inches.

 

Before I could ready my weapon the ground rumbled with one of the empress’s moans and the earth beneath me pitched up.  In an instant the flat plain turned vertical and I found myself sliding along her chest.  My foot clipped her collar bone and I tumbled the rest of the way past her shoulder and onto the mattress.  I landed on my back, bouncing on the soft surface several times until I came to rest.

 

Despite her massive body blocking the light I quickly realized I was penned in.  In addition to the enormous wall behind me she had curled the arm in front of me around, giving me an obstacle several times my height to scale.  Her other hand soon linked up with that one and grasped her wrist, forming a loop around me.

 

Instead of giving up to despair, I looked around for alternative approaches.  Her neck may be out of reach while on her side, but this was a blessing in disguise.  All I had to do was climb to her opposite shoulder and jump onto the long, wide bridge I was aiming for.  Then I ought to be able to drive my blade in and jump off, letting gravity do the work for me.  I would quite probably drown in the pool of blood afterward, but knowing she was dead too would let me rest in peace.

 

Without wasting a moment, I turned and grabbed onto the billowing fabric of her nightgown.  It wanted to stay close to her breast, making for a difficult inverted climb, but the cloth was just loose enough for me to get handfuls each time I needed to advance.  I had to be careful about kicking my climbing surface too hard during my ascent, and instead tried to hook my feet into the threading to push myself up.

 

The cloth ended much sooner than I expected, giving me a window directly to her cleavage.  I had not counted on this, and the way her breasts pushed together made them especially enticing.  A careful lattice of thick thread laced the gown together over her bosom, the only thing keeping me from jumping headlong into her cleavage.  Instead I grabbed one of the laces and shimmied up, using it to cross the rest of the way to the other side of the gown.

 

Once I was safely across I carefully shifted from the thread back to the thin cloth.  I clambered the rest of the way up her breast until I stood on the side and surveyed my chances.  There was a long vertical wall between me and her neck, and I did not want to risk falling off again.  If I perched on her shoulder, however, I could safely jump down.

 

So close to the end I could practically taste it I grabbed onto her arm and started the final climb.  Unsurprisingly, the empress’s biceps were firm from extensive combat, and I had no problem scaling this one.  In a matter of moments I was standing on her arm looking down at her peacefully sleeping.  I walked to the edge of her shoulder and looked over the precipice, mentally preparing myself for the jump.

 

The earth groaned again, and in a flash a tremendous hand imperiled me.  I tried to dodge but one of her enormous fingers caught me square in the chest, flinging me from atop her shoulder and sending me flying down her body.  Several times I skipped off her arm, rapidly revolving each time until I soared over her elbow.  My body was no more than a projectile now while the world spun around me and I fell in a flat trajectory until I bounced off the empress’s side once more.  Helplessly I rolled along to her waist and fell off, dropping down onto the mattress where I finally came to a stop.

 

My body may have been bruised but my will was far from broken, and there were still several hours left to finish this.  I looked up at the monolithic round surface I laid beside and realized it would be the perfect way to get back atop her.  A horrific moan from the titanic empress washed over me and the magnificent curved wall jiggled slightly.  That was when I realized I was in the shadow of the empress’s round, perfect ass.

 

I had to move, but before I could she rolled over again.  The empress’s titanic ass overwhelmed me and pressed my tiny body down into the mattress.  Reflexively I pushed against it but found that my hands were helpless against the gigantic butt lying atop me.  Frantically I struggled to get free but found that just as pointless: with such an enormous weight pressing down on me, I had nowhere to go.

 

Pinned and helpless, the gigantic ass continued driving me down into the mattress until it had nothing left to give.  The air quickly became stale and warm beneath the monolithic buttock, then I was unable to so much as draw breath.  Desperately I squirmed for freedom but found none, only the oppressive presence of the empress’s colossal butt.  One by one I felt my bones begin to crack until all at once they gave way to the immense weight, leaving me nothing but a tiny, flattened corpse in the center of a red circle stuck to the butt of a titaness’s nightgown.

 

In the morning the empress woke and swung her legs over the side of the bed.  Before she even placed her feet on the floor a team of attendants swarmed her, fixing her auburn hair and tweaking her appearance so that she would be at her peak throughout the day.  Once they were done she discarded her nightgown into the hamper and began donning the imperial regalia before seeing that day’s train of petitioners.  Not one of them, even the laundry attendant, noticed the tiny red stain near the bottom of the gown, the only remains of the empress’s would-be assassin.