- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Julie awoke, sore, sticky, and hot. As she rose to her feet, she noticed the ground was a strange ridged pink. Was it... moving? The ground shook underneath her, and she fell again. A thundering noise sounded. Almost like giggling, but at a volume louder than a squadron of planes. Where was she? How had she gotten here?


Earlier that day


Leaving work, Julie left with a spring in her step. 24, she was a young paralegal about to leave her first job for her next. Nervous and excited at the same time, she was looking forward to her last couple days of work. Tonight, though, the short red head was going over her friend and coworker Jennifer's. She was another employee in the legal department, and had gone to school with Julie, though that didn't mean they were entirely similar. Jennifer was a super athletic little blonde, perky, ditzy, and always ready to run a marathon or attend a yoga class. Julie was a bit curvier, a lot smarter if she was being honest, and was more the curl up and watch Grey's Anatomy type than the marathon type. What they both had in common was their friendliness and likability, and it was no wonder they'd been friends throughout college and the beginnings of their careers.


 


Later, as she made the walk to Jennifer's, Julie still wasn't actually sure what they were *doing* tonight. She'd expected Jennifer to talk about dinner, or a movie, or something along those lines. Instead, the woman had merely said "OK, see you at my place at 7!" and left to go to her next meeting after Julie accepted her invitation. She hadn't responded to any of her texts, either. Weird. Arriving at the front door, Julie rang the 2A buzzer for the unit Jennifer shared with her boyfriend. With a click, the downstairs door opened, and Jennifer's face appeared beaming as she descended the stairs to meet her. The blonde was dressed in comfy "I'm so glad you could make it! Let's head upstairs, I've got something to show you!" Julie followed her into the apartment. "So what are we doing tonight Jennifer, you weren't answering your phone earlier..." Julie trailed off as she began to feel light headed. "Oh Julie, are you feeling ok? Here, sit down on the couch!" As she collapsed onto the blue couch, Julie's last thought was to wonder why Jennifer was grinning so broadly, as she passed out with a tingling sensation all over her body..


 --


And now, awake again, Julie tried to piece together where she was. The thundering noise happened again, and Julie covered her ears as she turned and tried to figure out where it was coming from. Then, suddenly, she felt a tingling sensation that she vaguely recognized, and with a brief flash every thing around her changed. The ground around her was still pink, but the ground now gave a bit beneath her. Below her purple painted toes (she only now realized she was naked) it almost looked like skin. But it couldn’t be. It was then that Julie heard the noise again, except this time, it was definitely a giggle. A feminine giggle, though still one of the loudest noises Julie had ever heard. Then, as she extended her gaze to the pink horizon, she froze in terror. Above the horizon rose an eye, a massive, blue eye stretching across the sky. An eye wearing the same makeup as a friend she’d just seen moment’s ago. Jennifer’s eye.


“Dammit, still not right!” the voice sounded. Julie felt the tingling again, and her view blanked again. When it returned, everything had once again changed, and the titanic eye was a bit less titanic, though still twice her height. Turning around, Julie realized the pink surface she was standing on was the palm of an enormous hand, and she could now recognize the fingers cupped together and rising up behind her in a pink wall. Panicking, Julie turned back to the enormous eye, and almost fell as the hand moved and the titanic grinning face of Jennifer came into view, looking down at her. “Sorry about that Julie, I still don’t have the hang of this app.” Julie screamed as Jennifer’s other hand suspended her skyscraper sized iPhone X over her head. Through the cracked screen, Julie could make out an app logo containing the words “iShrink”. Horrified, Julie’s stomach dropped through the floor. Jennifer had shrunk her!? There were apps that shrink people!? How would she live at this size?? She began shouting up at Jennifer with everything she was worth to help her, to restore her size.


“Help me Jennifer, I don’t want to be tiny, please!” Jennifer could just barely make out the tiny squeals Julie made as she jumped up and down in her palm. Her red hair really does complement my pink nail polish she thought to herself, and could sense herself spacing out and thinking about getting a manicure, when she snapped herself back into focus. This is not the time to be a ditz, she thought to herself, as her attention shifted back to the ant sized woman jumping up and down in her palm. “Julie, don’t worry!” she said down to her speck sized friend, who covered her ears. “Oops! Sorry! I’ll lower my voice a little bit more” she continued in a more hushed tone. “The app says you’ll get used to the sound in a few moments. Should be loud, but shouldn’t hurt, at least that’s what it said”. Dismayed that Julie was still cowering in her palm, Jennifer lowered her voice even more. “I used the app because I want to spend time with you, not hurt you. I told our boss you decided to end on Wednesday instead of Friday, so we could hang out together and you wouldn’t have to work! Sounds fun, right?” The tiny woman in her palm just kept quivering.


Indeed, Julie was distraught. What the hell was Jennifer talking about? She knew the short woman (well, Julie figured she’d probably come less than halfway up her toes now, but still) had a tendency to be a bit clingy with friends, but shrinking her? And how the hell did you shrink people? Where’d she get that app? She heard (and felt) Jennifer’s voice boom down again: “Hold on! I’ve got a great idea!” Julie screamed as the fingers cupped around her and the booms of Jennifer’s titanic feet against the floor shaking her as she walked. When the walking stopped, and the fingers opened again, Julie looked up to see Jennifer’s body rising above her. She seemed to be sitting, and in the distance Julie could see her right foot resting on her left thigh, cross legged. The ground beneath her began to slant, and Julie began to scream as she tumbled down the whorled skin, falling through the air to land with a small splat on another soft pink surface. The air around her was humid, warm, and a bit… odorous?


Jennifer giggled as she tilted the tiny redhead onto the sole of her right foot! Meditation! It was perfect. “Ok Julie, I think this will help you calm down a bit. Let’s sit quietly for 20 minutes or so and try and chill.” Jennifer sighed as the tiny redhead continued to jump up and down on her upturned sole. She scrunched her toes, the tiny woman falling to the ground as Jennifer’s skin wrinkled and flexed beneath her. “I don’t want to have to be the bad guy, but that’s strike one.” Not one to be easily defeated, tiny Julie rose to her feet and resumed her squeaky tirade. Rolling her eyes, Jennifer brought her index finger down onto the speck and pressed her lightly into her soft sole, face first, just below the ball. Julie was so small she disappeared under her pink painted fingertip, and Jennifer giggled. “That’s strike two! Chill OUT! You are NOT going to like strike three.” After a few seconds, Jennifer removed her finger and when Julie stuck to it shook it lightly so the woman fell back to her sole with a splat. She watched as the little woman coughed lightly and began rising to her feet again, waiting to see if she’d been able to knock some sense into her. 


“No Jennifer! Restore me now! I don’t need any of your yoga bullshi-“ Julie’s rant was cut off as the ground undulated under her, and she screamed as she was thrown to the ground. Her foot! She was on Jennifer’s foot! As Julie tumbled across the wrinkles of the sole as it flexed underneath her, she was coated in Jennifer’s sweat, soles fresh from the blue flip flops she had been wearing. Julie finally came to a stop, now not only scared but furious, and began again: “Your foot? Why did you put me on your gross foot? You better res-“ Julie was cut off again as Jennifer’s hand descended over her and her index finger, wider than a garage, knocked into her back. She screamed as the finger covered her back and she was surrounded on all sides by whorled flesh. Unable to breath, Julie heard the sound of Jennifer’s massive blood vessels beneath her, as the finger twisted her a bit into the sweaty flesh with massive pressure. Muffled, she heard Jennifer’s voice say “That’s strike two!” but struggled to hear the rest, as her titanic “friend” let out a massive giggle, and removed her finger, shaking her back onto the palm with a smack.


Julie got back to her feet, and gazed up at her titanic friend turned tormentor. “Jennifer, please! Jennifer!” Julie cried, tears streaming down her face. The titanic, slightly freckled nose scrunched in annoyance, as Jennifer narrowed her gaze down upon her. “Well, that’s strike three! You see, this is the first time I’ve used this app, and I didn’t get your size right the first time. I accidentally hit the “Punishment” button. Well, looks like it’s time for us to hit that button again! Don’t worry, if I can find you, I’ll restore you after ten minutes, ok?” Cold dread filled Julie as Jennifer started fiddling with her phone again. A tingling sensation, a massive flash, and all of a sudden she found herself returned to the landscape similar to the one she’d started on. Except this time it wasn’t a hand, and she knew what to look for. In the distance, what looked like mountains, had to be the bottoms of Jennifer’s giant toes as the curled up into the dark green background of her legging colored thigh. In front of her were a line of ridge like hills, maybe a hundred feet or so high, that she knew had to be the wrinkles in Jennifer’s upturned sole. The air was humid, and muggy, and thick with the smell of feet. Julie couldn’t even see Jennifer’s face, though it was probably part of the blurry shape far, far, above her. She was so terrified, she couldn’t even scream. What had she meant “if I can find you”!?


After Julie disappeared with a flash, Jennifer noted the region of the foot she’d disappeared on in the app, and then examined her foot. No trace! She felt a hot rush flow up through her body as an odd excitement filled her. Her friend was microscopic, wandering the plains of her foot, larger than a city. She remembered the directions on the app, and did her best not to make any major movements with her foot. Julie was small enough now to get crushed between a wrinkle! “Ok Julie, settle in, and I’ll check in in 20 minutes!” Jennifer closed her eyes, while down below Julie made her way down the first wrinkle, mind numb and unable to consider doing anything else. Please let these 20 minutes go by quickly. Please.