- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The battle against the insectoids has become a war.  Victor and Taskforce Bulldog are taking up the challange and leading from the front.  Omi Kurtia Victor's bride to be takes it upon herself to liason with the Titans, what will she learn from their interaction what skeletons are the Titans hiding?

 

Chapter Two

Battle's end, War begins

I can't blame Victor he did everything he could, but I wanted to, I really did.  Then I unleashed HELL on him and I think back to what dad said about being careful what you wish for you may just get it.  I really didn't mean for him to endure that, I really didn't mean to wish for him to share my pain.-Sorcha Freeman

Hohiro and Kai had done a good job of eliminating the first groups of warriors.  With roughly 100 regiments of all sorts, they were easily dispatching over a million warriors an hour without expending any ammunition.  They could keep this rate going for days, as more and more companies, battalions and regiments landed.  Shin was liaising with other commands to set up a rotation in which a formation would fight for 12 hours, be pulled from the line for 10, it would rest, refit as it needed (the most dangerous warrior was hand to hand, and Hohiro had worked with other commanders to ensure there was no hand to hand fighting, their lasers were little better than the laser tag they used to practice against, fatal to unarmored infantry, barely scrapped the paint against armor) then re-enter the line for two, rinse and repeat.

The Hive had never encountered such a foe, well ordered, amazingly disciplined, these human soldiers did not flee even though their warriors were nearly ten times their height.  These Soldiers held their fire, their fusion power plants easily had all the hydrogen they needed, their lasers, particularly their blue bolts (PPCs) easily shredded warrior armor, ship internal, components, they could do this all day within their perimeter, as more of their troops landed the easier it was for them to expand that perimeter and keep them rested and resupplied.

The fighter and assault ship screen was beginning such a rotation, 1/3 third on station, they have recovered those that were disabled, only a couple of deaths, and a couple of injuries so far, they had spare pilots and the worst damaged fighter would be back online in two days.  They had refueling dropships ready and escorted, they weren't using ammunition, they didn't need to.  Their energy weapons were more than adequate and they didn't burn through hard to replace consumables.
Navarchos  Aertimus Bass smiles at his wife and General Secretary Ridgemont as task force Bulldog slowly churns through the insectoids.  "Their fleet is getting into position, to use their energy batteries against the hive ship", Eryn nods "so they have gone from combat to slaughter?" she chuckles, Aertimus "nothing so cruel, it's still combat, but it's that the insectoids have gotten themselves trapped in a very large laser and help me, Niall,", Niall Freeman beams "Particle Projection Cannon, aye it's a great idea, need to add it to my Acolyte project", Aertimus smirks "if you survive what my sister your wife is going to do to you for not one having her involved and two not telling her about...", 

Niall looks down and very guilty, Eryn uses her pinkie finger to help raise his head "we understand, we all do, but it does look bad, even if you bought us the time to save the colony, we know there are many titans you should NOT trust, but it hurts that you didn't share it with those you knew you could" Eryn holds up her other hand "it's not about keeping us out of trouble, or that we'd tell you to stop, those are your reasons and they are valid, it just hurts that those who struggle with you, who love you, who are your family you had to hide this from, we could have come up with something you know".  Niall nods "but none of you, even you Eryn were denied personhood or can be killed because one of you had a bad day", Aertimus looks at his brother in law "we know Niall, we know that's why even though we are angry, and Naskia is going to be if she's isn't already very upset with you.  Doesn't mean we won't forgive you, but you know we'll be watching you and Darren a bit harder" as he gentle muses Niall's hair "it helps that since you are not persons you can't be tried for treason..." he chuckles seriously.

Sorcha had a headache it had been five minutes since she saw the 'robot'.  The medic "hey now, hey just stay down", Sorcha, looks at the badge Gorge is his name "While 2nd class Medic Gorge, I have to get up, my 'friend' sedated me and is looking for our other friend", Gorge smirks "they shouldn't be hard to find amongst the Human-sized buildings", Sorcha's anger flashes "one of them is human you nit-wit", Gorge "I didn't mean anything by it, was it a pet", Sorcha's growth could be measured by her not hauling off and knocking the medic into next week "You IDIOT they are people, that their souls are in smaller and more fragile packages doesn't tell me they are PETS!!!" it takes a physical effort for her not to lift him off the ground and throw him.  Gorge "ah, ah", Sorcha rises to her full height and demonstrates what a hybrid her size can do by bending the crane that Joseph left into pretzel, Gorge curls up saying "sorry, sorry", as her head clears she leans into his ear "you know I am half-human and if I ever hear you calling a human less then a person again Gorge you may end up looking like this" as she motions to the crane.  Not really having time to enjoy Gorge's epiphany Sorcha moves off to save her lover and her best friend, she thinks where that robot went was where Joseph moved off to.

Joseph was trying to be able to get a clean shot at Myrell, it wasn't working, though she had hit him with a couple of knives.  At this rate, he would have to charge and risk Alesia life as well as his.

Myrell was enjoying herself, Joseph was a brilliant idiot, he couldn't commit without risking his life and the life of his friend so he kept trying to find a third way, and she kept putting a knife in him.  "Alesia isn't going to last much longer" Myrell chuckled, "but that's ok she's only human, might as well harvest their eggs and sperm and kill them, be more merciful then seeing how inept and incompetent their hybrid children are even with all their size and gifts".  Joseph hadn't slept well for weeks, and though he thoroughly enjoyed what he and Sorcha had he was even more bone tired because of it, Myrell hit's his left forearm with another throwing knife, "we all know it takes hundreds of you clods to make one of me."

Sorcha walked through the debris and gore caused by Myrell and the insectoids, she could feel her anger rise.  They would all pay, as she began to move faster, she could see the crushed human bodies, the ruined apartments.  Grief began to overcome anger as she knew that in part she had failed them and allowed them to come to such a fel end.  Sorcha used the grief to further fuel her anger at the Traitor and her Insectiod allies before she would flagate herself she would rip all those who hurt her charges, her friends to shreds, THEIR gore would spill, THEIR lives would END!  She would become an avenging Half-Celtic goddess of rage.  Then she would mourn all those she lost and hate herself later till then there was vengeance to be extracted from those who hurt her kin!!!  As she began to jog toward where she thought... Sorcha could see in the distance Joseph, he was hurt, weary, just holding on, she had to make it to him before it was too late.

Victor was watching the combat, he ached to engage Myrell, but the human she was holding hostage would be killed by his firepower, he tracked her, slowly moved when she did, though just an average pilot and an above average gunner, his mastery of tactics more than compensated.  He read that she would attack the poor giant soon and finish him.  He would try to get a shot in before she got in close, but she moved with skill.  Once she discarded the human (He hopes alive) Victor has her...

Joseph was exhausted, he had lost a lot of blood, been through the highs and lows of battle, if he was rested he would have sought out some imperial troops, or those robot toylike things, but he was tired beyond measure, this was the fifth or sixth adrenaline rush of the day that was fading, all he could think of was somehow neutralizing Myrell and hoping to God that Alesia was still alive, too many humans had died this day, his universe, hell the universe had changed when over 500 starships arrived with 5 million soldiers, he just wanted her to see it, just wanted all humans to see what they were capable of.  Without these troops, the losses would have been greater, without these humans the empire may be on the way to extinction, at best desperate measures would have to be considered...

As he feebly attempts to move from cover to cover Myrell places four more throwing knives into his joints, two in his knees, two in his elbows, all is lost he thinks as Myrell gently lowers Alesia to the ground Myrell smiles to her "I will deal with you after I deal with Sorcha's boyfriend"
Victor in Prometheus sees she drops her hostage, he aligns his weapons and pulls the trigger...
It's too late Joseph nearly immobilized and in pain to such a degree that he can barely avoid passing out, he no longer has to worry as Myrell places a dirk through his heart.  As she does Victor's Large lasers and PPCs, evaporates her left arm.

Sorcha cries in horror "Joseph, Joseph" she yells falling to her knees, she forces herself up and heads for Joseph.

Myrell just grins as she saws the dirk out of Joseph slicing through arteries, and nerve tissue.  She pushes herself up showing Victor the gore and blood dripping from it.  Myrell sings "oops, it seems I stole his heart..."

Victor doubts the clans' medical tech could save him if they had a full trauma team his size here.  Victor says a small prayer "God watch over his soul as he comes home to you" like his father his faith in the New Avalon Catholic Church is strong and his belief in the Unfinished book resolute.  He does not hesitate to end the threat as Myrell is trying to carve Alesia, His lasers and PPCs end that as her chest is converted to water vapor and carbon dioxide, her black heart is now truly that a lump of carbon...

Sorcha cradles him, he's cold, "don't die on me, don't die on me Joseph" she mumbles, Lessy starts to move toward her, Prometheus answers Victor's call and heads for her as well.
As he stops and begins to unstrap so he can help, his mech is kicked, Sorcha catches his eyes with hers and  gets up and pushes Prometheus back, "get away" she yells, as she shoves it, "why didn't you save him?", her grief momentary blinding her to the fact he had done everything within reason to save both him and the human captive.

Lessy watches as her best friend prepares to rip the mech and pilot that had saved her life, maybe even Sorcha's.  She can't move fast, but she only had a football field to cover and Sorcha had covered half it in two steps.  She began to climb and hit her left foot, Sorcha looks down on her.
"Lessy" she mutters, as she picks her up with the utmost delicacy "are you ok" as she brings her to Sorcha's face.  Alesia "WHAT are you doing?", Sorcha looks around, Victor has backpedaled about 20 meters, his arms and weapon pods facing down and disengaged "what do you mean", Lessy "this man just saved me! He tried to save Joseph, are you trying to kill him?"  Sorcha didn't think she was trying to kill him, the mech was well built and sturdy, but as usual her anger blinded her a bit to what she was doing.

Victor noticing things were stabilizing backs off a bit further "ladies, I am sorry for your loss if you don't need me I will be rejoining my forces".  Sorcha looks hard at the 1/10 scale 'model' her desire for physical vengance spent, but something dark, mean and angry slips out of her mouth "I only hope you feel my pain, that someone you care for is lost and then maybe you can help me, now just GO!".  Victor not wanting to hurt or kill someone who is grieving the loss of a loved one moves out smartly and stops just long enough to say "I am sorry"

Lessy "what kind of monster are you Sorcha?",  Sorcha blinks as if whatever evil spirit that possessed her had left "what", As hurt, tired and scared as Lessy was she wasn't going to let Sorcha get away with it "The man just saved my life, protected yours and tried to save Joseph,  and you told him you wished the one he loves most dies so that you could be even".  Sorcha thinks, she moves to protect Lessy with both hands before she falls to her knees, "Oh my God what have I done...  What did I say...  Lessy your are right I am monster....".  Lessy "there is only about 50,000 of those things in and around Tau Ceti, you can apologize to him later," she says with the vast amount of sarcasm.

Sorcha remembers what she saw, he had gray-blue eyes, they were beautiful, he had adorable sandy blonde hair that was in a military cut, she couldn't see much more than that since he wore a helmet.  His face was filled with compassion for her and she spits venom and hate on the poor man.  If she ever got the chance she would beg his forgiveness and work even harder to control her titan anger.

In orbit.

Omiko Kurita was feeling quite useless, she could 'competently' pilot a mech, their father had ensured that but as the battle went now she would be more a hindrance than a help, Her bother was winning on the Hive ship, Victor had secured planetside with the help of indigenous forces.  He was linking up with most of the 10th Lyran Guards to open a new front on the Hive ship with 80% of the 1st Kestrel Grenadiers and 1st Federated Suns Armored Caverly.  He would leave two reinforced companies of each Mech Regiment to aid in securing the world (mopping up was already mostly complete) and assist with recovery.  She had heard from him and he sounded down.  She couldn't help him as he would be in battle and she was trapped on the DCS Lotus Petal a Monarch class dropship, with virtually all the fighters now supporting the attack on the hive ship, the space between the local fleet and theirs was clear.  "Master Finn, could you make it through the wreckage to those rather large ships", Finn "of course your highness", Omi "please make it so", Finn "my pleasure" Omi "thank you"

Niall was getting an earful from his wife "why didn't you tell me! What am I the enemy? Come on if I had helped I wouldn't have been caught! Don't tell me you love, No, No Petal you don't deserve to call me that for at least a week!" it was penance he knew had to endure, all he could say was "sorry", "forgive me", "You are right", "of course dear" all variants of "yes dear". "My God I know even if the act had passed it would be slow and painful, but why would you think I would side or even be neutral with the bigots...  Also, we work better together, you know I would endure anything for you! Why do you think I am so angry!  Niall, you frustrate the hell out of me". 

Then fifteen minutes later "I love you Niall, I understand why you did it, and I understand why you left me and the family out of it, I will forgive you in time, but I am going to be angry for a bit, and you know not to push an angry titan don't you".  It was a warning, not a threat, the last time he pushed her he flew across her room and nearly died, she still felt very guilty about it and would warn him when she was getting a bit perturbed so that he could help her not be triggered.

Niall "I love you Naskia", She smiles "I know you do Niall", Niall "no sweetie" begging, Naskia smiles meanly "nope, you don't deserve it, I will let you know when you do!  I am heading out to link up with you and we will discuss this a bit further and then work on all the areas you skipped to get those reactors online, you humans always in a hurry, you miss 80% of what you can make after the breakthrough".  Niall "but we make the breakthrough faster", Naskia smiles lovingly "of course you do sw... Niall, but you need a titan to get everything out of it, and without your speed and intuition Titans like me would be lingering on a small bit by small bit.  I will see you in a couple of days, remember I Love you and that I am angry with you".  Niall nods "Love you and see you soon", he had made progress she almost slipped and called him sweetie, he had a titan week of being roughly handled, she may even at the end make him endure a game of Tupp and Shaar, though it had been decades, she was frustrated and he could tell she wanted to show him who was physically dominate without hurting him (too much). 

Not that he would enjoy it over much, but that one last time with her in her full glory and power as scary and frightening as it was, it was also the sexiest and most arousing thing he had ever seen...

FCS Cincinnatus Overlord class dropship, Victor was going over the data from CSS Invisible Truth, the simple fact playing out is that Innersphere and Indigenous forces (still haven't gotten more than coordinating texts from this Seminavarchos Tam) had destroyed, captured or incapacitated all ships outside of the "hive" ship and had that ship on the ropes as well.  33% was held by 30 Mech and 200 Armored Regiments.  They were on "shift" Duty, 15 Mech and 100 armor regiments would engage and drive slowly forward 15 Mech a 100 armor regiments would rest, repair, replace the few wounded pilots, rotate back in the recovered regiments, Light armor, mechanized and infantry secured Foward Logistical sites or FLS(s).  Only when making a large advance or having to deal with a large insectoid force did they expend ammo, and only sparingly, they had enough for a long campaign against the Smoke Jaguars, but half a billion roaches (the inspired commentary of a Cappallan Mech Warrior which stuck throughout the Taskforce).  So far only two of his task force members had died in this battle, both aerospace fighter pilots, one form the Marksen March Militia, the other from the Phest District militia.  It was one area that Focht and he had lowered the regular rigorous standards.  The parity between Clan and Sphere fighters and pilots had the task force culling militia forces for additional aerospace assets for an advantage in the skies.

The 'indigenous' forces had 30 of those giants killed or wounded, eight that had died were civilian, one was Prince  Antero and the other was his pilot Tig both wounded but were going to make it, nearly 40,000 humans had died, 10,000 went down fighting to save their kin and allies.  The Cruisers and Battlecruisers had taken up a sphere around the massive ship and continued to pour Naval PPC and Laser fire into it.  The Fire Control observers were doing an excellent job, hitting just close enough to disrupt (through several bulkheads) massing insectoid counter attacks while staying far enough away to avoid friendly fire.  

Victor informed Hohiro that he would be landing in 20 minutes and would have two and a half regiments with him, Hohiro laughed heartily "so the Yellow Bird will fight alongside the arm of the dragon we'll be invincible brother."  The myth went that only the "Yellow Bird" or House Davion was the only worthy foe of the Dragon or House Kurita, the union of those two houses would to the common Combine soldier like produce an invincible Combine, his Federated Commonwealth Soldiers weren't so eager, again with the Draoncis, Skye and Tamar Marches revolting... "Hohiro my friend let's save the Yellow Bird talk for when we are drunk and truly brothers and we are magnifying our deeds to our respective children", Hohiro grins "I could 'lessen' your disquiet and begin courting your sister Yvonne", Victor laughs his head off "oh, that would go WELL, not that you are not worthy of courting her but do you really want to go through what your sister and I have", Hohiro smirks "oh, I wouldn't court her simultaneously I would wait till after all the mess was cleaned by you and Omi", Victor shakes his head "Maybe dad and I should have introduced Yvonne to you while we were at Outreach, then you could be the pioneers of each family",  Hohiro nods "Hai, but she was a touch young then", Victor half-smiles "as my experience shows you would have needed the time, by now you may have gotten your first kiss...", 

Omi clicks in "it is wonderful that my brother and my beloved get along so well" Victor and Hohiro nod together "it is due to you that we do" they say together, Omi smiles mischievously "be careful Hohiro my brother, though we fight alongside giants here, Yvonne is nearly as tall as a Titan and even brighter then Victor", Victor nods, Hohiro merely smiles lady Fonia will almost certainly be his wife, but Yvonne would be a good match for the best of men, maybe...  Omi "Victor, Brother I go to meet our 'allies' I will keep you informed, I doubt I have need of my escort, perhaps they could be put to better use elsewhere?"  Victor wants to tell her no, but having fighters in proximity of 'allies' who send text may be the spark they sets off a second powder keg, his beloved is wise, Hohiro answers for him "yes sister, we can please vector them to CAG Invisible Truth", Omi nods "Hai!"

Ted Martinez has had a very uninteresting four hours, whomever the fuck these newcomers were they knew what they were doing!  They grided, marked and eliminated the insectoids area by area with such precision it was amazing.  He wished they had shown up a couple hours sooner, then he would still have all 12 of his Acolyte wing.  He was still going to hear about their formerly top-secret project, but being an earth military officer he would get sidelong glances from the imperials for the rest of his life, which he was already getting.  His eight did need refueling so that they could add their pistol rounds to the churning gattling cannons that the 'Piette' warships and robots were unleashing.  He doubted that Aertimus Bass was going to be welcoming him with open arms when he arrived at Gama fleet, he and his pilots would be in for a good dressing down.  He notes an aerodyne dropship heading for the Gyfjon.  "Civilian dropship, civilian dropship you are in a war zone without an escort, please head to closest secure area" Ted broadcasts, Omi smiles "Thank you for the warning, we are heading for a secure area, the ships of the indigenous forces, are you one?"

Ted knows Tig would smack him silly, but he's just seen one of the ten most beautiful human women in his life, Her Safon Kimino with Sunbursts and dragons, Fists and dragons, and some just dragons accent her figure, her smile is full of mischievous joy, her long jet black hair styled in a 'western' fashion, her steel blue eyes to die for, he had to shake his head twice not to be bewitched by her.  Ted "I am General Martinez ma'am, I suppose you are from that task force", Omi "yes, I am sister to one of the commanders and engaged (she lied a bit) to the operational Commander, since they are occupied fighting your enemy I thought it would neighborly to visit our allies since it seems they have communication issues within their fleet."  Ted thinks Tam has had no issues communicating with him "yes, let me check that, your name by the way", Omi shyly smirks "Omiko Kurita Keeper of my house's honor and head of the order of five pillars, not that the second title would mean anything to you, just think of it as a coordinating staff to assist my lord and father Coordinator Theodore Kurita in the management of the state"  Ted smiling thinks, of course, she's engaged and she's a princess, well it didn't matter he still had Tig.

Lemm Tam was doing her best to avoid the human fleet's questions and visuals, they had seen the prince's contingent, they could factor his size to their fleet, but there was a lot of issues that had to be handled delicately and the more information flowed the more likely some of her Titan issues such as humans being pets, humans being things might not go over very well with task force that is crushing a foe that would crush nearly the entire imperial military.  After they saved their collective hides they might be tanning it, not that she didn't think some of the tanning wasn't due, it was, but having seen the professional soldiers, the smart commanders, the brilliant operations and the genius level commanders, well they needed to ensure the information was contained until they could explain and act VERY HASTY for Titans and revisit the Zeramblin Act as quickly as possible, that or they, Titans could quickly end up second class citizens.

Tuaut Archavia

Forna Qorni was sitting in her Floor Leader's office, an office she had fought long and hard for and for which she still only tenuously held.  The office was spacious and had nice dark wood chairs to match the wonderous and heavy desk.  It was said the Desk of the Floor Leader was made from the timbers of the first Amenti flagship upon the formation of the Archavian Dominion.  The office though in a reasonably modern building was filled with such traditional and antique items.  Items that provided the Empire with Strength and Traditions, the Floor Leader saw no need to change what was working.  She was of the Conservative mindset that only after long and very studious research and planning should change be introduced.  Humans(at least the 'wild' ones of earth and Bulldog) were the intellectual equals of Titans.  That they were pathetically small and easy to kill didn't change matters, but it did justify her slow walking human rights to 'protect' them.  That's why Bulldog was such a shock, humans in the vehicles they used were more than capable of defending themselves which made her position much less secure both ideologically and politically.

With Bulldog's arrival Floor Leader Forna Qorni was of two minds, she was ecstatic that the hive ship was beginning to be destroyed, that imperial losses were kept to a minimum, that they had a potential and powerful ally in what was a new war.  That they were human, they were professional and that they were definitely capable of faster than light travel (jump travel but FTL none the less).  Their losses were two aerospace pilots and plates of armor, if they knew what the empire did to their kin... well the insectoids may have destroyed them entirely, but this task force would destroy their society, Titan superiority GONE, Justification for keep humans as pets GONE, for .3% of the population their universe would be turned upside down!

As much a Loona Armac thought she was a bigot Forna was not adverse to slowly letting humans have more and more rights until they were citizens, just not this century, things had to be considered, thought about the best way forward, she knew from earth they as a species at least mentally were if not equal, nearly so to Titans, basically to quote Navarchos Bass "Sapient Class 1.01" in a Titan decade or so they would be 1 or so near there would be no point in fighting it.  So with earth, the task force was basically class one as well, neither hurt the empire.  With worlds like Tau Ceti, she could further lessen the number of humans in the empire proper.  The slow concentration and removal from Titan areas along with migration to earth and their new colonies would make the question easier or even mute.  There may be so few humans interacting with the vast majority of Titans that local equality laws could be enacted and the humans would stay in areas that welcomed them.  Society would not be overturned!

All that went out the window now that this Task Force, Task Force Bulldog had arrived.  Now they would learn of what Titans had done to their kin, it wouldn't matter how few (it wouldn't matter to her she admits to herself), or the context, or that their latest studies showed (which were merely rerunning the same experiments with the same controls and getting the same results), they had technology, they had discipline, they had numbers, five million could take over the empire in a year or less a few of her more cautious advisors told her.  Some said they were Tupps in war machines not worth worrying about, Forna always listened to the worst case since the harm done by it not happening was less than the harm done by going with the best case and it is wrong.  Better to be prepared than surprised, though she knew you couldn't avoid all surprises...

Forna knew the easiest thing to do would be to pass the Zeramblin Act and enforce it.  However, if she called the question there was good chance that the government would collapse and anarchy would ensue during a war.  She knew in her heart it was the right call, but there was too much danger, no a bill confirming the Emperor's orders on humans being nationals with another Tarsus committee, build support for partial fixes such as humans being able to work, let time and human effort (she knew they would in time succeed) make it works, then after a decade human ownership of property, voting in local elections, all solid and controlled steps that would not upset the ship of state.  Her whip had 750 to 800 votes for national status, it would pass as soon as they could get the reps in the building, it was 550 maybe 575 for the Zeramblin Act it was just too much too quick even with all the new information.  Titans just weren't ready for equality, they were ready to loosen the reigns a bit, let their humans begin to prove themselves, but not equality, even after seeing what wild humans can do and more or less coming to the conclusion that if they aren't equal they are so close as not to matter.  Well except the Federation, but they had declared war as well.
orbit Tau Ceti

Loona would rather be on the floor of the house right now, she didn't trust Forna Qorni to do what she knew was right.  The Floor Leader was going to put a half measures up to a vote, strengthen penalties and enforce of crimes against humans, she even wanted to place humans within the empire as a special category with further punishments for harming one, but she did not call forward equality.  It was like finding a species of ant that was acknowledged sapient in the wild but in Tuaut ant farm...  The Insectoids were getting her, the constant hum of laser and PPC fire, the grinding precision of 400 regiments working their way through the massive hive ship, sometimes she wishes her navy did not have nearly as good sensors.  They could track Task Force Bulldog, but the help they could offer was pitifully small.

General Martinez was part of that help, well actually earth's help, but the Titans and this earth's humans were at least from this universe.  They had formed upon DCS Lotus Petal and were escorting Omiko Kurita to the ISS Gyfjon, that and refueling his eight ships to put somewhat larger pistol rounds down range.

Master Finn finally gets permission to land the DCS Lotus Petal on the Gyfjon.  Seminavarchos Tam is not happy, but Omiko Kurita is not a woman to be trifled with.  She is steel in a very calm silk wrapper.  Lemm knows from the coordination between the various nationalities of Bulldog that even with Victor and Hohiro being friends their respective regiments shouldn't be working quite as well as they are, but the units from the St. Ives Compact, the Draconis Combine, and the Federated Commonwealth, well unless you were military and you really knew what you were looking for (outside of Cantonese, Japanese and English being spoken) they all seemed to be of the same culture.  They were not, but the integration was so well done it seemed so.  The name Omi appears in each a lot, where it does not is with the Free World League and Capellan Confederation Regiments, they aren't working as well, they are professionals, they link up under their chain of command, but the camaraderie isn't quite there like the others.

Seminavarchos Tam sends 'commander' Izzy and Captain Gwenn to meet and greet this Omiko Kurita, hopefully, they can stall and not let too much of the Shaar out of the bag (it is Izzy and Gwenn somethings are going to slip).  Bulldog has secured, neutralized or destroyed 45% of the Hive ship, they are already preparing to evacuate if the insectoids think about self-destruction, not that they ever have, but that this force is prepared for this, well it's amazing.

Gwenn watches what to her is a compact personal shuttle land perfectly.  Whomever this Master Finn and his crew are they are able pilots.  Gwenn would like more humans to greet her, but Niall is currently sleeping knowing when Naskia arrives he likely won't get more than the minimum.  Mrs. Dr. Freeman isn't cruel, but she's going to make her point and make it well, some of that will be sleep deprivation, having Niall sleep on her schedule, Gwenn smirks that works for about 12 hours, then he has 72 hours to be awake, for three or four days, Niall is going to pinched, shook, water dumped, anything short of harming him to keep him on Naskia's sleep schedule.  The doors open on the DCS Lotus Petal and Omiko Kurita walks out.

Omi keeps her shock in check, though not a soldier her discipline rivals the most experienced combat veteran.  She sees four guards. two females two male wearing a dark green colored center with dusky or dirty gray outside, each at least 35 meters tall, one human riding on the right shoulder of a huge woman.  The woman with a normal sized human riding her shoulder is in a Maroon to scarlet uniform with the same gray outer.  While the guards and whom she presumes is the leader have rather large what she assumes is rank insignia three have what appears to be a single silver square and the one closest to the female in red has two golden squares.  The female she believes too in charge has three silver squares and a number of decorations and what Omi guesses are qualification badges, with all the finery she assumes she's in charge here.  The human is in a scale uniform but its core color is teal and she sees no rank or decorations on it save a Teal 'star' like device.  Omi speaks projecting her voice as loudly as possible without screaming or yell "I am Omiko of House Kurita, Sister to Tai-Shu Hohiro Kurita Coordinator designate of the Draconis Combine, I am engaged to Field Marshal Victor Ian Steiner-Davion Archon-Prince of the Federated Commonwealth, I here to liaison with your forces and discuss our coordination."

Captian Gwenn bows, she is 'royalty' she knows, her guards follow her example "I am Captain Lauryna Gwenn of ISS Gyfjon serving with the Space Exploration Corps, I, my ship and my crew are at your service Lady Kurtia"  Omi "though we are unworthy of such attention and honor we gratefully accept your hospitality and hope to be able to return such goodwill as we may" smiling broadly "it may take some rebuilding or refitting of our ships, your crew is a bit taller than ours", Izzy, Gwenn, and the guards laugh.  Gwenn looking down on Izzy"Lady Kurtia, as you have introduced yourself as I have, let me present my staff, first Izzy Ibanez" Gwenn clears her throat "she is not 'officially' part of the 'fleet' but she is a remarkable engineer and troubleshooter and a great friend, the woman two silver square is Decanus Alih, the leader of the guards here, the three others are Princepses Doa, Aobl and Sliv, now I am going to place my palm by you, are you ok with climbing on it?  it will be a long walk for one of your stature".  Omi takes in the cargo hold, add about 50% and her palace of serene sanctuary could fit in it, perhaps the Combine's unity palace complex could fit on this ship with room to spare.  after collecting herself and adjusting to the scale Omi says "Hai, that is acceptable, please call me Omi, I will never be Lady Kurtia, my beloved's name will be all the title I need".  Izzy "your brother and this Victor seem to get along well", Omi "do they now" her eyebrows arch "how would you know this if I may ask?" she smiles coyly, Gwenn and Izzy glance at each other and thinks oops.

back on Tau Ceti

Sorcha just wants to rebuild, her sorrow and guilt make her efforts very ineffective Alesia is on her shoulder stroking her shoulder and hair.  Sorcha appreciates the touch of her best friend, it's the one good thing she has right now "Thank you Lessy" she says through the sobbing and tears, as she places her hand over her and gently pets her "I have messed up everything, 40,000 humans dead because of me, seven decent and good hybrids/titans just as dead, I spewed venom at a warrior prince who didn't deserve it", Lessy "just one?", "well ours I was somewhat civil, this Victor, I don't know Lessy" Sorcha sobs "why am I such a monster...", Lessy "your not, you have anger issues, your mom did as well, my mom told me what your mom did before she got help..."  Sorcha nods "I think wishing for the death of someone innocent because I lost my new love qualifies", Lessy "I think it's time to see Aertimus, and your dad, my guess is your mom is on the way as well", Sorcha "but I can help rebuild, I can start to make this right" she says with just the slightest undercurrent of anger, Lessy isn't having it "yeah you can work yourself into a lather, get angry with me and feel even more guilt once you realize what you have done". 

Sorcha wants to be angry, wants to do something to fix things, she doesn't want to leave here, it just clicks, most of her issues stem from this attitude and she needs help "ok let us link up with our forces and get a shuttle", Lessy "really? you aren't going to argue, fight, etc" she smiles, Sorcha "no, if I had listened to Jonas many would still be alive, if I had stayed calm I would of thanked this Victor instead of blowing up at him, I have to deal with this Lessy, thank you for being patient with me" she finally smiles, Lessy hugs her best she can "We'll get through this Sorcha, we'll be ok!" as Sorcha delicately brings Lessy to her chest and hugs her softly "we will try Lessy, we will try, now to find us a shuttle", Lessy "speed on oh giant one", she smirks, Sorcha finally feeling better half-smirks "I resemble that statement."  As she leaves, in the area she attempts to repair a Titan Robin flies with nesting material, an earth canary barely `1/24 the robin's scale lands by the Robin and a nest begins to form over time...

In Orbit

As even Sorcha's dark mood lightens, the forces on board the hive ship get relief in more than one way.  Victor Reinforces the line with two mech Regiments (all ELITE) and four Armored, leaving the six infantry regiments to dig in and help secure the FLSs.  As Victor's mech approaches the line Kommandt Galen Cox figures on the appropriate line "attention on deck", the Fedcom mechs mimic coming to attention it while continuing to fire "who are we?" asks Galen, the Fedcom units respond "Victor's Roughnecks", Victor chuckles and broadcasts to the entire force "I have one rule, EVERYONE FIGHTs no one QUITS, if you run I will shoot you myself", the Kurtian, Davion and Steiner forces laugh their heads off, Marik and Liao chuckle a bit.  Victor "one of the most interesting films ever, Starship Troopers", Galen smirks "I thought you would like it, now for some Three Doors Down" 'Thinking back to the beginning of this and how life was', Victor "Not My Time", good call Galen, Galen "as good as that uppercut on Trell 1?", Victor rubs his jaw, "almost, my friend almost..."

Dr. Niall Freeman laughs at the absurdity of it all, "Crappy film, good line, better music", Navarchos Bass "we've seen that short before, it was so bad it was amusing, oh the fighting of the Insectoids and the fight against the bugs, and the capable commander" Aertimus laughs "it is damn amusing."  They both know the gig is up and that Omi knows and will inform her Task Force that they have been listening in.  It is only a couple minutes until CPT Gwenn brings her to the bridge.

Omi enters the bridge, her nation's command bunker in Unity palace could be fit in the communications and science stations.  She smirks to herself these Titans do use quite a bit of space.  She sees a spry upper 50s human, gray shooting through his once jet black hair his brown eyes focused on her before the Titans do.  Tall for a human, he returns to his work with a couple of Titans feeding him data.  At the command chair (looks like a nice leather one too, Omi suppresses a giggle) She sees a roughly average size Titan with a shade or two lighter hair then the human with a touch less grey as well, he's looking over reports and chatting with the human.  Beside him is a tall dour woman who looks more like a chaperone for the crew than a member, both her and man in the chair ware similar uniforms to Gwenn's, the man has two 'comets' in silver going in opposite directions the woman has one in gold going left to right.  Toward the view screen Omi sees the closest thing to a pixie she's ever encountered, except she's in a good business suit and skirt and over 100' tall,  her brown eyes dance taking in everything.  Omi signals for Gwenn to pause as she absorbs everything.  The red-haired 'captain' nods and smirks as the liveliness of the bridge begins to slow down when they notice Omi.

Dr. Freeman "Pretty lass isn't she", Aertimus "I wouldn't know', Eryn "Niall you are in enough trouble with my sister in law and you Navarchos Bass know to keep eye contact... WITH ME!" she chuckles.  Omi appears completely in control even though she is riding in the palm of a Titan's hand, one that is very nervous.  Omi smirks to herself people are people, she will remember to tell that to CPT Gwenn, she is doing her best.  Omi "I represent the soldiers, sailors, and airmen of Taskforce Bulldog, You will liaison with me and Precentor Martial Focht".  Semi-Navarchos Lemm Tam "your, your Highness" she guesses she's a princess, "we can't", Aertimus interrupts her "Semi-Navarchos Tam is always going to be more cautious, we do need to coordinate our forces we are at current fighting a two-front war, if you could handle the Insectoids we can handle our own disloyal faction",  Tam, Gwenn, and Niall look stunned.  Semi-Navarchos Tam "sir they don't need to know that", Aertimus with a sad smile then folds his hands as he looks first to Naill and then to Izzy and states "their going to figure out or learn all this anyway aren't they Izzy, aren't they Niall", both Humans nod.

Omi "Well this is interesting please enlighten and educate this humble servant" she bows.  Aertimus "it won't be pretty, we Titans have done many things we are not proud of", Loona finally pipes in "Aertimus don't I am as much a reason for their woe as the next Titan", Eryn "I have to break the news more often let me do it".  The Titans come to a consensus Eryn has been doing it the longest, she walks over to Gwenn's hand "Lady Omi if I may", Omi smiles "certainly", she picks her and places her safely in her right hand "my lady" Eryn says sadly "after you hear this you may of wished your forces sided with the Insectoids", Omi frowns "then do tell and leave nothing out, for only with complete truth can we work such things out".  Eryn nods slowly as she tells Omi the whole sorted history of interaction between Titans and Humans.

Omi listens, is horrified and at the end has a bit of hope after she looks over the crew, Aertimus, Gwenn, Loona, Eryn they all seem good and dedicated to fixing things, to let her kin have the rights they have earned.  Omi speaks there is an edge to her voice that even being tens of thousands time smaller sends shivers through their spines "I understand you are attempting to correct this, and that you failed by one vote." As she looks at Loona in her finely tailored suit directly in her large blue eyes reading a guilt that the others can't Omi glares daggers at deputy floor leader Armac "the situation as it currently constituted is UNACCEPTABLE, you will rectify this as soon as you are capable of doing so, I am sure that Focht, my Brother, my fiance, and the other commanders will protect you from being destroyed by the Insectoids, but once they are gone and this is not fixed you will have to deal with us, we are not tainted by your 'protection' we are skilled in the arts of war."

From a simple look, there are areas that you are ahead such as eavesdropping and you will stop this if you want our help, there are areas we are ahead such as armor and energy weapons, if I had to press I would say we are a bit more advanced then you Titans.  I think I have made my points, we will be civil, we hope we can be friends, but while our brothers and sisters are in bondage we can't sit by and allow you to drag your feet."  Eryn nods, her eyes tearing up "we are sorry Lady Omi, what can we do".  Omi "I must see this horror for myself and contribute to the freedom of our kin".  The Titans look at each, they could attempt to stop her but her force of will is strong, she's going to find a way to contribute if it kills her and them.  Sorcha and Lessy enter the bridge at the start of Omi's declaration and are in awe of the slight woman.

Aertimus looks up the campaign against the Federation, he picks one world were they have it mostly secured "here is the only world I can recommend, they will likely kill you on any other, we will arrange an escort, they will not prevent you from seeing what you need to see and help where you can, give us 168 hours to firm this up and arrange transport.  Omi looking very angry "this is barely acceptable, I wish to have free access to your crew, your computers, and your charts, you will download all your information to our fleet, you may wish to explain and make the common soldier aware that you are attempting to correct things, I will communicate with our commanders and recommend we continue to fight alongside you, but you will stop listening in and you will communicate with us!  Is this understood!".  Navarchos Bass nods "CPT Gwenn, Izzy make sure she everything she needs, Lady Omi we will arrange quarters for you, and we are sorry", Omi nods "you should be, for what you have done you must atone, and I believe you will, Gentlemen and Ladies I shall retire you know where I can be found and you will let me know where you can be."

After 15 minutes Eryn sighs wearily "that could of went better", Loona a bit distraught knowing somehow Omi knows what she did... she gulps and recovers her composure "she is right to blame us, we are so much alike until you get to what monsters we have been to them",  Eryn "most of us aren't monsters, most are just ignorant but that doesn't excuse it, if we aren't careful we may be in a bit of role reversal."  Navarchos Bass nods and hugs his wife "I was scared shakaless with the insectoids and that hive ship, now I am only a touch less scared over our current allies, I have been scared and worried we might be at the end but never have I felt that we may deserve it and right now we do."  Sorcha nods "for thousands of years Titans have been interfering with humans, you knew Uncle that one day it may come back to bite us, I doubt it was at this level, but we reap what we sow..."

Sorcha really wishes to know more about these humans, there are no Titans in their universe, she is sure Omi and the crew of the Lotus Petal would like to know more about them, we humans, hybrids and Titans.

It takes her only a couple minutes to catch up to Gwenn, she left Alesia with Izzy, the poor girl was exhausted and Sorcha knows right now she is exhausting to her friends.  As big a bitch as Kiri is she might need to consult with her, she is the foremost expert on human and hybrid psychology within the empire.  She helped thousands in her typical bitchy way, if she wasn't so professional on the job and actually helpful to her patients her mother or father would of 'dealt' with her decades ago.  Sorcha chuckles it shows that one can be evil yet do good, and Kiri Miroppi is the best example of that.

Omi notices the not very light footed Sorcha, has Gwenn halt and turns to face her, Omi is talking to Victor, Prometheus is seen in one display and his face is a hologram in the another.  Sorcha recognizes the mech, and will never forget the beautiful gray-blue eyes or cute sandy blonde hair of the person she cursed.  Omi smiles at him as only those truly in love can "Beloved be careful, I understand humor and the need to lift morale, but do not be so silly that you or your men get hurt let alone killed", Victor "will do my love, and if they can get something with teeth to it that frees our fellow humans, gives them the right they should have as self-aware beings I know we can work something out with them", he notices Sorcha out the corner of his eye "Omi, my dear we have roughly 57% of this monstrosity under our control, I need to make to 58% or Galen will 'motivate' me with another Haymaker, you sure you are well", Sorcha swears she sees Omi tear up, Omi "I am well beloved, worry about yourself and your soldiers" She chuckles "don't make Galen resort to his patented 'Royal' correcting techniques" Victor "I won't, I love you", Omi "as I love you".
Sorcha is kicking herself, how could she wish such a thing maybe she should just crawl into a corner, get on the first available shuttle head to "Dr. Kiri's" office and lock herself away until declared fit, then find an abbey to do penance for the remaining 400 years of her life.  While Sorcha is mumbling and looking down, Omi observes, "my lady what is wrong", Sorcha "who, me?", Omi giggles "I know and use the names of those I am introduced to, having not met you, I used the respective title of 'lady'" Omi then bows, Sorcha isn't sure if she's charmed or patronized "we haven't been introduced I am Sorcha Freeman", Omi "ah Gwenn has been telling me of hybrids, you are the first of thier kind", Sorcha "I am, but I identify as human", Omi "but you are Titan sized", Sorcha already getting flustred "after all my father went through, not say there isn't good Titans, my mom, my uncles...", Omi "you are of two worlds but live only in one, you have strengths they don't, however you have weaknesses as well", Sorcha smirks "I like to think I am the best of both, but more human", Omi amused shakes her head "well you are old by our standards, but quite young by yours, you I feel are almost there, If I can help."  Sorcha feeling guilty "you know Field Marshal Davion?"

Omi nods and smiles "he is my love, my life, his honor is beyond reproach, his love for me unmatched, for his people unlimited for humanity all-encompassing, his is brilliant at his worst, all but a god at his best, I am wary of asking this, but I know it's right, if anything should happen to me look out for Victor, he is a good man, but he can lose himself to details if he isn't focused as he should... there are few things that could make him lose focus...".  Sorcha "I might not be the best...", Omi "Victor let me know", Sorcha shocked "he told you what I said", Omi shakes her head sadly "no, not in words, but I know my mate, his least glance, slightest delay lets me know more than words, when you've known the other as well as we do for as long as we have it is fairly easy.  I am sorry for your loss, your pain and grief, I hope they heal soon" she says sincerely.  Sorcha looks down "I owe you and him an apology", Omi gently shakes her head "you didn't know me, you have nothing to apologize to me for, to Victor, well you know what is required of you...".  Sorcha walks up to the side of CPT Gwenn "so I hear things were rough in your universe, lots of war, a dark age", Omi nods "but even in the worst of times we had hope...

Chapter End Notes:

As the war against the insectiods heats up so do the revealations, can Bulldog and the Titan Empire work together?  Be allies or will either side's interal politics blow up and create another war?