- Text Size +
Mary Rose stood up from her seat in front of the news cameras, lights shining and cameras flashing at her as she finished her speech.

“And it is for those reasons, that I, with a light heart, hereby announce my run for office in this upcoming election!” Mary rose her fist as the cameras slowly zoomed in on her young and beautiful face just before being turned off for the end of the program.

Mary Rose is a 27-year-old woman who, as just announced, is now a candidate running for political office. Her reason for running was simple: Nano rights. Ever since she was a little girl she’d always had a great care for the lives of Nanos, ultimately seeing their current treatment in the world as nothing short of genocide; something had to be done. Once in office, she plans to propose radical changes to the system, ensuring full rights for all Nanos and protecting them from cruel treatment and charging offending Giants with criminal charges.

Mary smiled brightly, excited as she stepped from behind her desk on the film set to greet the oncoming groups of reporters and fellow politicians. She was a woman of average height with a thin body, flowing brown hair, and a glowing complexion. Even more glowing, however, was her mind; for over four years she studied law and politics in college, and another few years climbing the political ladder, all for tonight, and the day when she would finally hold office and make the changes she wanted.

As Mary mingled and talked politics and gave statements to reporters, loud booms seemed to shake the entire room. Everyone inside nearly fell down, except for Mary, who’d taken hold of the desk for support. Suddenly, large black stiletto heel fell beside the movie set, only five or so feet from its edge. The guests looked up, some even taking pictures of the gigantic women in a black suit and tie. Her hair was tied back in a black ponytail, her eyes were masked by dark red lipstick, and her eyes were blocked by a pair of sunglasses.

“Ms. Rose, are you ready to head home for the night?” The woman said in a stiff-sounding voice.

Another thing to note about Mary Rose is that she is, in fact, a Nano, standing at approximately 1.9mm tall in heels.

“Oh, yes Alex!” Mary called up, before saying a final word to those she was the last speaking to, “I really should be getting home to rest. I’ll most likely have my hands full in the morning, the people in Washington are going to be hating this when they find out.”

Mary walked over to the edge of the set towards her bodyguard, Alex. Alex, although 5’2 being rather short for Giant standards, towered immensely over the mass of reporters and politicians down below. She was a beautiful young woman of 21, who currently was being paid to be the bodyguard of Mary during the beginning of her political campaign.

As Mary got closer, Alex set a small clear ball down on the ground, roughly the size of a large marble with the top cut off. Alex very carefully picked up Mary between her two fingers and dropped her in the center of the small ball, near a chair that was fixed to the ground of it. Alex clicked on the other clear half of the ball and picked up the entire object. The ball itself was a container for the safe transport of VIP Nanos, the inside was specially designed to not rotate with outside movement, making it easily carried by Giant bodyguards without shaking and harming whoever they were protecting.

Mary sat in her chair with ease, as Alex’s giant fingers pressed against the glass and lifted into the air. The inside moved smoothly around, keeping Mary sitting level with the ground. The ball was an inch in diameter, making it easy to carry and small enough to fit inside Alex's shirt pocket. As per routine, Alex stuck Mary inside her shirt, snuggly against her C-cup breasts; Mary could when faintly hear her Giant bodyguard's heart. It wasn't the most glamorous way of traveling, but it served its purpose.

The guests of the announcement held steady this time as Alex walked away, shaking the room once again.

Alex looked both ways as she stepped out onto the sidewalk, standard procedure for a bodyguard. She gave a tap at her chest to make sure her special cargo was still in place before making her way to her black SUV. Her walk along the sidewalk was short, but in the evening light, Alex could see a few Nanos walking along close to the buildings, staring at her with some mild caution as she passed.

Alex got into her jet black SUV and buckled her seatbelt, again making sure Mary was still in her pocket. Finding that she was, Alex took the small ball out, placing it near the front window where there was a small crater in place just for the capsule. This let the political candidate see where they were going instead of just seeing the inside of Alex’s shirt.

As they drove, Mary talked on the phone endlessly with reporters, her campaign team, and family who’d just seen her on the television. All of them were happy and excited for the first Nano to ever run for public office, and all anticipated big changes down the line. Mary had talked on the phone so much both in the car and before the televised announcement that she’d completely forgotten to charge her phone.

“Oh damn,” Mary said as the screen shut off, “Alex? Do you know when we’re going to be at my home? My phone died and I was just making a statement to the New York Times.”

There was no answer.

“Alex?” Mary said again, getting a little concerned at the silence.

Mary finally looked up from her now dead cell phone, and to her surprise, they’d already stopped moving. They were in the parking lot of an apartment complex, Mary could see a sign that said ‘Block B’. There was just one problem.

“Alex... This isn’t my home…”