- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is my first story and english isn't my primary language, so I apologise in advance for any and all grammar mispeling. Point it out and I will correct as soon as possible. I will add more tags as the story progress if necessary.

Wanted to thank Hoolyz, Omanahan88, Shrinker82 and Ecstacy. You are all great writers of this site, and your stories gave me courage to also try creating a world of my own. 

 

Jake was running trough the streets, jumping trash bins and entering alleys in a desperate attempt to outwit his pursuer. But the walls were closing in and he could hear the ever so near footsteps right behind him.  Suddenly, a big hand grabs the thief arm and pin it to the ground. Everything goes dark...

Jake opens his eyes startled and sweating. Another childhood dream, from when he stole food from markets and people to survive. Lately he was having a lot of these dreams, maybe it was fear from the inevitable departure from the Sullivan house, his sanctuary for the last four years.

"It's foolish to worry about the inevitable" and he was no longer a kid, things were different. Thats what he told himself before getting up to prepare for school. The young seventeen years old went to wash his body, selected a pair of plain jeans and wore the school shirt, all that in less than 20 minutes, the clock marking 05:30 am. Good, there was time.

Jake went on to the kitchen, to prepare eggs and bacon for everyone. He had just finished putting the plates and cutlery on the breakfast table, when Janine, one of his siblings, appeared at the door. 

Janine was the oldest daughter of Dr. Sullivan. Being 21 years old and a little taller than Jake (who standed at 1m 75 cm.), you would expect her to be kind of a big sister for Jake and the rest, but since Jake came to the house Janine didn't lift a finger if it wasn't for the sake of of growing her muscles or to badmonth Jake. Today was no different.

- Fried eggs and bacon? You know I can't eat this shit! I have to keep my fitnnes!

- Good morning sister. You don't need to worry, I've prepared your protein shake beforehand. It's in the fridge.

- And I already told you to not call me that, you little street rat! - she snaped while going to the fridge - We share no blood, you are just someone tha lives here for favor, a parasyte. Do you understand?

Janine was a very beautiful girl, with black long straight hair, fair skin and an ample pair of breasts that bounced right and left whenever she walked by. She also had very proeminent muscle arms, and the fact she liked to were tank tops and sports shorts all the time only further enphasized the beauty of her entire sculped body.

Although very composed, Jake was also a man, and so he thanked the heavens for her bad personality, which was the main reason he still called her "sister", even though she hates it and often conplains. - I understand miss Janine.

- Good. - there is a moment of silence betwen them, where none speaks for a minute until Janine speaks again - Father said you want to leave. Is it truth? - her tone is unexpectedly more soft now and Jake is taken aback by the sudden change.

- Yes, it is truth.

- Why? Father said he would cover your fee at the university. He even offered you to work with him at his project.

Jake eyes fall to the ground and he spots a black ant near Janine left foot. - Do you see the ant at your feet?

- What?! - She looks down, realizing the tiny insect hidden in her shadow.

- That ant is me. A tottaly different existence that, if not told, you wouldn't even realize it existed. You said yourself, we are not related by blood. You are completely right. I live here, but I am not from here, and I must not forget it, otherwise I will end up...

He didn't got the chance to finish his sentence. He didn't need to, as Janine rose her right leg, looking intently at the ant, as if she was a disgusting piece of dirty, before smashing it with a loud thud and walk away without saying another word.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for taking the time to read and hope you like the story. I am still new to the formatting and I will try to update more as soon as I can. Have a good journey into Jake world and, please, if you like what you read or not, leave a comment. Suggestions are always welcome :)