- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

The dark was unbearable, stuffed in between thick cylinders you couldnt see, unable to move at all almost like you didnt have the parts you were trying to move anymore. *kerchunk* your prison slammed in one direction, you could now hear faint noises from outside, *kerchunk* you slammed forwards again, the sound from outside now clear, voices. After a while of listening you figured out you were in a shop, you were now in a panick as you also knew why you couldnt move, you were no longer a person, you were a single cigarrete in a pack on the covered shelf behind the tills. About an hour after coming to this realisation you heard another customer come to the till as they did all day, "20 malboro gold please" the young sounding voice female voice said, *kerchunk* your row of packs moved forwards, you now knew what brand you were.

As time went by plenty happened for you to listen to and feel, a group of guys came in, your row moved a few times, you were not taken yet, one of the guys came baqck moments later to replace his pink lighter for a different colour. Later a girl bought cigarrettes and right as she payed remembered she needed a lighter too. After another couple of hours, and your row jerking forward twice more the shop seemed to shut, a loud metalic noise followed by complete silence signaled the end of the day, you fell asleep, or whatever the cigarrette equivelant was, after half an hour of the store being locked up.

You were shaken awake by your row slamming forwards again, you had slept through opening and the shop was already loud, so probably busy. You heard a woman who you heard identify herself as ayla offer gum to the cashier, then a womanz voice spoke, "20 malboro gold please, and emm, a lightah too" the voice had a hint of an enhlish accent, jarring compared to the mostly scottish voices you had heard all of yesterday. Suddenly your pack moved, but not forwards with a slam, but instead it tilted forwards, the rocketed upwards, *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *BEEP* you were the last item scanned, the loud beep hurting your hearing, the woman payed by card then your whole world was thrown into chaos as she lifted your pack. You guessed she had grabbed it and threw it in some kind of bag, big enough for you to bounce around in. The woman mist have walked for 15 minutes before your pack was violently jerked upwards. You heard plastic rustle then a feint pop of a cardboard seal breaking, suddenly light blasted in above you as the womans fingers spread the foil, you saw your owner for the first time, staring in at you. She was blonde, and not yoinge, you figured she was maybe in her early 40s, she was attractive however, with a dominant expression on her face as her hand began to pinch around for a cigarrette. The one next to you on the right was grabbed, her finher brushing against you, it was pulled upwards, sliding off of you as it went, you had a great view of its journey to her mouth, she slipped it inbetween her lips the brought a lighter up towards it, thats when the realisation hit you, this woman was going to light you on fire to satisfy herself for a few hours, before forgetting about you forever. She lit the cigarrete, the end now glowing orange as a small stream of smoke seeped out of it, she inhaled, stopping the smoke, then a massive billow eminated from her lips as she exhaled. You heard a hiss and the snapping of plastic, then her fingers grasped the cigarrete removing it from her mouth a bottle was brought up to replace it, as she poured the brown liquid into her mouth, jer throat moved to swallow, she was realy putting on a show unaware you were even there. She finished drinking and closed the bottle, slamming it onto the table you were sitting on, causing the pack to fall over, the last thing you saw was the cig beimg brought back to her mouth. Afterva few minutes you saw the cigarrette, now only a small smoking stub between her elegant fingers, she brought it towards the glass ash tray in the middle of the table, shoving its end dep into the old ashes still there from countless other cigarrettes, beginging to rotate it, ripping apart the end spilling burnt paper and tobacco out the side as the remains of the cigarrette were destroyed by her forceful movements. Her hand then released the cigarrette butt, leaving it in the tray, the hand now moved towards you, it grabbed your pack and began closing the kid, sealing you back in darkness before you were tossed back into the bag, ready to be available to her whenever she wanted.

Chapter End Notes:

The end of chapter 1, next chapter it eventually becomes your turn to be smoked by your mystery owner, but not before she offers your pack out to her friends at work.

This is part of the "secret life of objects" series, and was happening during the beginnings of the first 2 stories in that series "evie's new lighter" and "ayla loves gum"