- Text Size +

=========================

Wednesday, June 2 (cont.)

=========================

     As the two siblings made their way through the mall, Reese did his best to hold his head high—although not too high. He wanted to maintain at least some of his dignity, and he knew that only looking at the ground when he walked would ruin some of that. But he also couldn’t bear to look up, because every so often his eyes would catch onto someone else’s. He didn’t like when they looked at him with sympathy, he didn’t like when they looked at him and laughed; he just wanted people to feel expressionless. But they never were. The majority of people don’t think twice about the strangers they pass by every day, but a shrunken boy leashed up to a six-and-a-half foot woman gets a few more people to notice.

     He was keeping close by Olivia’s right side, when his wandering eyes landed on a couple of girls seated on one of the benches in the middle of the mall walkway. He quickly looked away, and tried to huddle even closer to Olivia’s side, attempting to hide from the pair. But ironically, a person who’s so much smaller than everyone around them also stands out so much more because of it.

     “Reese?” His name being called was unmistakable and nearly caused him to jump, but he kept on walking in a meager attempt to ignore them. But he only got a few steps in before he suddenly couldn’t walk any further—Olivia had stopped when she heard his name called, and his harness had only allowed him to travel a few feet from her before it strained against his back. Rather than keep himself turned away from the girls since it was obvious they’d recognized him, he turned around as if he was confused about the sudden restraint, and feigned a look of surprise along with a fake smile as he pretended to notice the girls for the first time.

     “Oh, hey! What’s up?” he asked, walking over to them. Their eyes widened as they realized it really was him, and both of their eyes immediately glanced over at the cord that he was hooked up to and started giggling. “Uh, this is Bethany and Abigail from school,” he told Olivia, nervously pointing out who was who and trying to ignore their gawking. They were the kind of didn’t like anyone and thought they were better than everyone else. And in return, nobody liked them back. There were a few jokes he put up with, but he’d had enough social standing that most people at school still treated him well enough, and his friends would come to his defense if anyone tried to physically mess with him. But Abigail and Bethany didn’t care. They never liked him before he shrunk, but now that he was smaller they’d gotten the courage to be more vocal about it. That being said, since Olivia hadn’t let him physically keep walking, he’d just have to confront them and ignore any kinds of remarks they might make. Be the bigger man, so to speak. “And this is my… uh, Olivia,” he added, catching himself before admitting their relation.

     “Yoouuur… sister. Right?” Abigail said, clearly mocking his little slip-up. She had thin-rimmed circular glasses, a round face, and dark brown hair, and was wearing a black-and-white long-sleeve crop top with pale, high-rise mom jeans and Doc Martens.

     “You guys look so alike…” Bethany said, looking between the two of them with a look on her face like she was about to bust up laughing. She had a cheap, green and purple tie-dye t-shirt on with even baggier jeans than her friend, but with Gucci slides and an expensive shoulder length haircut that made her look like a rich person trying to blend in. “What’s your name again?” she asked Olivia, tacking on a bit more genuineness than she afforded Reese.

     “Olivia,” she said with a smile, and started to reach out with her free hand, before realizing that she shook with her right. She handed off the leash to her other hand, but in doing so she accidentally tugged Reese towards her a little bit and almost caused him to stumble. “Shit, sorry,” she grimaced, as the two girls stifled snickers. With the handle in her left hand now, she reached back out with her right arm to shake their hands. “Anyways, yeah. Olivia,” she said again, her smile returning.

     “So uh… what’s with the uh…” Abigail started to ask, motioning towards the harness while she ate some of her popcorn, as if the whole thing was just a show for her.

     “The leash?” Olivia offered, finishing Abigail’s sentence for her.

     Abigail scoffed, “Yeah, I didn’t think you’d just call it that, but I mean… yeah. His leash. Not every day you see a girl walking their brother around like a dog.” Bethany snickered again, surprised with how forward Abigail was.

     “Well, I’m not walking him around like a dog,” Olivia corrected her. She might have been the one to instigate the humiliating set-up in the first place, but in her mind it was for good reason. She was still sympathetic to his complaints even if she disagreed with them. “His harness was made specifically for people, not animals. Obviously you guys know that his shrinking was pretty recent, so he’s still not, like… used to being small yet, you know what I mean? Basically the whole reason we got it for him in the first place was because he was out in some other store and his phone wasn’t on, so I didn’t know where he was. But trying to find someone who’s 3 feet tall is like waaaaaay harder than trying to find most people. So yeah, easy fix,” she smiled. Then she reached behind his head and gently nudged him towards her. He’d felt her hands guide him like that enough to know that she wanted to give him a hug, and he sighed as she pushed his body against her giant leg, her thigh alone looking even wider than he was. She scratched the back of his head and combed her fingers through his hair as she looked down at him with a smile.

     “Well, dog or not, I still wish my parents would let me do that with my brother,” Abigail replied.

     Bethany scrunched up her face, thinking about her best friend’s sibling, “Ugh, your brother’s such a perv.”

     “But you only have him leashed up when you’re out in public, right?” Abigail asked again, wanting to get back on track and learn more about what the dynamic was like for their household. 

     “Well, I don’t know about everywhere in public. It was really just a solution for when we’re at the mall or some other crowded place.” She pet the back of his head again, making him feel reassured that his sister wouldn’t abuse the harness. “And obviously when we’re at home I can’t think of any reason why we’d need to use it.”

     “Do you guys play a lot of like, shrunken games or whatever?” Bethany wondered. “Like trying stuff out with him that you couldn’t do when he was normal?” They’re practically talking about me like I’m a toy, he grumbled to himself.

     “Uhhhhhh,” Olivia droned, glancing down at her brother, remembering how he’d wanted to keep their ‘experiments’ a secret. “Kind of—“

     “Cuz we already know about you trying to see if he could fit in your clothes while you wear them,” Bethany continued, cutting Olivia off before she could fabricate an answer.

     “Oh wait, you do?” Olivia answered with surprise. “I didn’t think he was gonna show anyone the pictures.”

     Both the girls scoffed upon hearing there was photographic evidence, and burst out laughing. “There’s pictures?!” Abigail asked with excited surprise.

     “Ummm… did you guys… wait.” Olivia looked back and forth between her brother and the two girls, realizing she’d accidentally said too much, assuming they already knew about it. “Were you guys just making that up as a guess or something to try and trick me?”

     They both shook their head immediately, honest looks on their faces, albeit still giggling ones. “I’ve had like, three different people tell me about it,” Bethany said.

     “Yeah, we just figured it was a rumor though, or that people were like, joking around or something,” Abigail added. With a raised eyebrow, Olivia looked down at Reese, and the other girls followed in stripping him down with their eyes and looking for answers.

     “Reese? I thought you didn’t want us talking about it, did you change your mind?” his sister asked.

     “No! I mean… I didn’t want people talking about it. Like I didn’t want it to be fucking public information,” he muttered, glaring up at the two girls. Although even sitting down, they were still taller than him, and made him feel smaller with their curious and devious gazes. “But, I like… Yeah, I… I told like three people when I was playing Warzone last week, cuz I was just trying to vent. But I told them not to tell anyone and figured they wouldn’t.” The worst part was he didn’t even know which of his friends it was that had leaked it. And Abigail and Bethany were several social circles away from him and his friends, so if they had somehow heard about it, it probably wasn’t that much of a secret anymore.

     “Wait, so can we see the pictures then?” Abigail asked excitedly, biting her lip in hopes that Olivia could dish something out for them.

     His sister sighed, “Well I guess since it’s not really a secret anymore I can show you something. I did think some of them were pretty cool that I could pull off.”

     “Don’t show them everything!” Reese complained. “Obviously I wasn’t trying to get my whole fucking class to know about it.”

     “Alright alright,” Olivia said, rolling her eyes. “I was only gonna show them one anyways.” She pulled her phone out of her bra and opened up her photos app, scrolling to find the one she liked the most. “Here, this was a couple weeks ago,” she said proudly, and turned her phone around to show her screen to the girls. Their eyes immediately widened with shock, before they started cracking up in disbelief at the sight of their classmate crammed in a romper with his head between his sister’s tits.

     “Holy shit, I can’t even believe that’s real,” Abigail howled, causing several of the nearby shoppers to glance in their direction. 

     “You actually did that to him?” Bethany asked, her mouth hanging open, completely entranced by the picture. “Like, that was your idea?” 

     Olivia nodded with a smirk. “I know it looks weird probably, but me and Reese have always been super close. It’s not that I wanted him there, obviously, but I was pretty much just like ‘Well I wanna see if I can fit him in here somehow,’ and it just so happened that my boobs ended up getting in the way a little bit,” she laughed nervously. “But not so much in the way that the experiment wasn’t a success,” she added proudly, and swiped to the next picture, showing a selfie from after she buttoned up the top of the romper, fully blocking him in. Only his hair could be seen in the middle of her cleavage, although his legs still stuck out at the bottom. A new round of gasps and giggles erupted from Reese’s classmates as he huffed in frustration.

     “I thought you were only gonna show them one picture,” he mentioned, clearly annoyed.

     His sister rolled her eyes again. “Relaaaaaax, I meant one of our experiments, not just one picture,” she replied. “Sorry, I showed them two,” she added with a mocking voice stuffed with sarcasm as she turned her phone back around to put away.

     “Come on, you have to show us more than just that though,” Abigail pushed, hungry for more pictures of her classmate’s humiliation.

     Olivia looked down at her brother, who was visibly upset, and she suddenly felt pangs of guilt. She realized she probably did go too far and should’ve kept the pictures private, even if her brother had already spoiled them in a way. “Nah, I think those were more than enough,” she said, turning back to the girls. “Even if he doesn’t mind indulging me when it’s just the two of us hanging out, I can tell he doesn’t want the whole world to know. Which I can understand.” Reese smiled faintly, his face saying ‘thank you’ as he looked up at his sister, who winked back at him.

     “Awwww, you’re no fun,” Bethany sighed, popping some more of her friend’s popcorn in her mouth before lifting her leg up like she was gonna lightly shove him with her foot. But he quickly backed off, staying close by Olivia’s side as if she’d protect him.

     “Oh wait, is that Popcorn Pavilion?” Olivia asked, noticing the logo on the bag for the first time. “Do they have one here now?”

     Abigail nodded with a bit of a smug look on her face, “Yeah, just opened up today. Not even on the map yet.”

     “Oh my God, I love their popcorn,” Olivia said, her mouth watering at the thought of jalapeno cheddar and cinnamon toast flavors. “Which direction was it?”

     “Uhhh, it was that way I guess,” Abigail replied, pointing the way Olivia and Reese just came from. “There’s a big ‘Grand Opening’ sign outside it.”

     “Oh shit, we just came from over there.”

     “Well… we could take you there if you want,” Bethany offered, passing a quick smile at her friend. “I kinda wanted to get some more anyways.”

     Olivia scratched her neck, taking a deep breath as she thought about it. From their few minutes of conversation, she was starting to tell that they weren’t exactly friends with their little brother. But she wanted some gourmet popcorn without having to walk all around the mall to find it. And even if they were beginning to seem a bit obnoxious, they seemed mostly harmless. “Alright, sure,” she said with a shrug, then nudged her brother with her leg. “And I’ll buy you a bag too,” she told him. Reese was really hoping that they could just leave already so he that could take the ridiculous harness off. But he almost never turned down the promise of free food, so he figured he could stomach another 15 or 20 minutes.

     “Thanks,” he said in response, as the two girls hopped up so they could lead the way. Knowing she’d need two free hands to eat the popcorn, Olivia stuck the hand she was holding the leash with through the end of it, and then tightened it around her wrist so she wouldn’t have to worry about keeping a hold of it. Reese remained by his sister’s righthand side though since the girls took up her left, continuing to ask her questions about Reese. They could’ve just asked him instead, but it seemed they were more interested in Olivia’s perspective. What it was like to be around a shrunken person all day, rather than be the shrunken one.

     “Oh wait, we have to turn left here,” Bethany said when they arrived at one of the walkway’s intersections, running up ahead to peer down the long line of store signs. “Yeah, we took a right coming this way so that means a left going back.” The company all followed her instructions and turned to head left. But rather than head back to Abigail’s side, she slowed her pace to join Olivia on her other side, forcing Reese to fall in line behind her. He gritted his teeth as he could feel his slack start to tighten, while Bethany pretended to ignore that he was even behind her. But then she started to steadily slow down even more, tightening his slack even further as he tried not to run into her back.

     “Dude, can you—“ he started to say as he tried giving himself distance from Bethany, but ended up yanking slightly on his leash, cutting himself off as he forced Olivia to stop, just as Bethany discreetly shifted back up to Olivia’s side. 

     She looked over her shoulder to see Reese several feet behind her. “Hey, keep up,” she told him, slightly annoyed. He grumbled to himself and started walking again, as the trio in front of him continued on as well. After a few moments though, Bethany pulled the same stunt and slowed down a bit. But this time Reese didn’t want to put up with it and stayed at his speed, causing her butt to eventually collide with his shoulders. She quickly stepped stepped forward again, but turned around with her eyebrows furrowed. 

     They continued walking, but he glared back up at her. Just because he was so much smaller than everyone else didn’t mean he had to put up with her bullshit. “Don’t slow down and you won’t run into me,” he hissed, keeping his voice too low for the other two to hear.

     “Or maybe you’re just a pervert using that as an excuse,” she replied, but didn’t lower her tone. Olivia turned her head to glance at them, but returned to her conversation with Abigail after a moment. Reese grit his teeth as Bethany smirked at him before turning to face forward again and join in on Abigail and Olivia’s conversation. She knew he couldn’t stray too far back or else he’d piss off his sister again, but he also didn’t want to let her run into him or else she might make an even bigger fuss, which he wouldn’t want to draw attention to. So as she began to slow herself again, Reese had no choice but to scoot over, walking behind his sister instead. Bethany noticed in her peripheral vision, and glanced down at him, a smug, victorious look on her face. “Yeah, that works I guess,” she said said quietly, this time being the one to make sure the others couldn’t hear. “Based on those pictures I’d imagine your sister’s ass is more your type anyways,” she taunted, and then resumed her spot next to Olivia’s side and went back to ignoring him. Reese was boiling inside, but he knew better than to start complaining about the situation, knowing his sister wouldn’t any problem with him walking behind her. He just had to clench his jaw and follow behind his colossal sister as her ass, ridiculously wide and straining against her tight yoga shorts, wobbled in front of him. And since the leash was tied to his sister’s left wrist, causing it to wrap around the front of her waist before wrapping around to his back, he didn’t have enough slack to move to his left. Or to his right and try to move to Britney’s side. The three of them were already walking at a brisker pace than he was used to, since his classmates weren’t accustomed to slowing down for someone of his size. He tried to fall back, even just a few inches, but Olivia felt the line start to get tight again and pulled it a bit to remind him to keep up. He got yanked forward, almost stumbling right into her ass, although he luckily caught himself in time. But her rear was still so close to him, literally just a few inches in front of him. As his sister’s curves swayed from side to side, he worried that one of her cheeks might bump into him. But what else could he do? Olivia said something funny above him, causing all three of the girls to laugh, enjoying their conversation while the boy behind them did his best to keep up, letting his sister’s butt lead the way. Unaware that he was even behind her, Olivia grabbed the top of her shorts and pulled them up, tightening the material so much that her cheeks were starting to bulge on the ends of the shorts. And Reese got a front row ticket to every single inch of it, every agonizing detail, as much as he hated it. Apparently Bethany was able to fuck with him after all, and he just had to suck it up and hope they arrived at the store soon.