- Text Size +

|| Introduction ||

Hi everyone! first time writer here.. Slow shrink stories are my favorite genre and i've been reading some of the great stories here so I decided to try my luck on actually making one.. English isn't my first language and I'm still very new on writing so any encouragement, feedback or critique is greatly appreciated!

You might find that this story has many similarities with another great but unfinished story you might have read from this site called “Shrinking Days”. That’s because this is actually a text only version of a render novel from my collaboration with oecfung, the author of that story. You can check the render novel version on his deviantart site (https://www.deviantart.com/harafung/gallery/71331926/babysitter

Anyway without further ado, enjoy the story!

 

Chapter 1 - Perfect day

"How do I look, honey?" Kevin asked, wearing the brand new suit his wife got for him. He was really looking forward to today, his first day after being promoted. His hard work of the past few years is finally paying off.

"Aw.. You look perfect babe! The suit fits you really well. Don't worry. I know you'll do great!" Emily said, looking at Kevin in the eye. Having a husband blessed with a stocky 6'3 athletic figure makes her feel protected and safe. But it also means that she has to constantly wear heels and crane her neck way up just to meet his line of sight.

"Thanks honey.." Kevin replied smiling, knowing that he had married not only a sexy petite blonde, but turns out a caring and supportive wife to boot. Kevin's life couldn't have been more perfect.

The weather was nice that particular day. The warm ray of morning sun shines through the air, with only little clumps of clouds scattered beautifully, like little decorations on the endless sky. The day started like any other, with Emily driving her husband to work before she goes to hers. Emily decided to lower their windows as she wanted to enjoy the morning breeze. Little did they know, something's about to happen that will change both of their lives forever..

 

Chapter 1 (cont.) - The mist

Both were quietly enjoying the drive when a mysterious red mist suddenly appeared out of nowhere, covering their whole field of view. It looks exactly like a smoke that comes out of a fog machine, except it was less opaque and deep pinkish instead of gray. Kevin who was talking on the phone immediately grabs Emily and told her to close all the windows, but it was a little too late.

They started coughing as some of the mist had been inhaled by both of them. "Honey.. Are you alright?" Kevin noticed that his wife was starting to panic a little bit. Being a good husband, he immediately ended the phone call and tries to calm her down.

"It's gonna be okay. I'm sure it's harmless. Just drive straight through it and we'll be fine." Emily lets out a big sigh of relief after hearing that, convincing herself that her husband was probably right. Maybe it was just a harmless fog and she's just overthinking it..

"Everything is gonna be alright." she reassures herself.