- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Long time lurker, first time writing.

 

Constructive Criticism Welcomed and Encouraged.

Author's Chapter Notes:

               This is the introductory chapter. There is no action besides our protagonist shrinking. This chapter is just story building.

1: The Incident

              My name is Joseph Miller I have short jet-black hair pale green eyes. I have an average body style and used to measure 6’. I am now only 3” tall and I am currently in the hospital surrounded by nurses, doctors on my left and my family on the right. Standing right next to me is my baby sister Brie. She is 15 years old has short blonde hair, baby blue eyes and stands 5’ 7” and weighs 150lbs. She has an athletic build due to her track and soccer clubs. To her left is my twin sister Elizabeth who we all call Liz. She is 17 has shoulder length jet-black hair and emerald green eyes. She stands 5’10” and weighs 140lbs. She has a slimmer build than Brie but is still athletic due to her cheerleading and swimming clubs. To Brie’s right is my older sister Kimberly who we call Kim. She is 19 and has dirty blond hair just below her shoulders and deep blue eyes. She stands 6’2” and weighs 170lbs. She has more muscle than my other sisters due to basketball and volleyball. To Kim’s right is my mom Heather. My mom is 40 and has blond hair down to the middle of her back with hazel eyes. Due to her ownership of a gym and the yoga classes she taught she is in really good shape. She stands 6’5” and weighs 210lbs. the only on I do not see is my father, Mike.

                Over the next few days, I learned what happened. I was with my father in his home lab. Due to my science club I liked to go to the lab and watch him work.  There was an accident that caused an explosion that ended up killing my father and I ended up shrunken.

                It was the beginning of 2020 and a new virus was rampaging the Earth. This virus would be latter called the Coronavirus.  My father was hired by the CDC to help discover a cure. I was down there watching him work when he asked me to grab a couple vials. When I went to grab them, I slipped and fell into a cabinet. This resulted in several chemicals falling onto me. My father immediately came over to make sure I was all right. When there were no obvious injuries or complications, he sent me to the chemical shower. What we didn’t know is that two volatile chemicals reached the PSU of the Blood Centrifuge machine. As I was cleaning up my father returned to his station after he scrubbed the area and turned on the Centrifuge. The resulting miniature explosion caused a sequence of more progressively bigger explosions resulting in most of the placed being demolished.  I was found in what remained of the showers. Badly beaten up but I survived. The most curious thing, I was shrinking before the first responders. When the ambulance arrived at the hospital, I was 5’ 5” tall. By the time the doctors rushed me into the ER I lost another 5 inches. I would continue to shrink until I reached my current height.

              It has now been 3 days since the incident, and I have not shrunken any further. The news reported that there were no survivors. It wasn’t told to the press that I was there. The reason no Red Flags were raised was that the sign in sheet said that there were five scientists on scene and the hospital matched 5 blood samples meaning all bodies were accounted for. I was released back to my family due to the government wanting to keep hush about me and the longer I stayed at the hospital the more likely it would get out what happened. The FBI agent that was there to ensure my protection told my mom that my family should keep me home and tell everyone I ran away to keep me safe from prying eyes.

Chapter End Notes:

               The begging for Joes little adventure. Where will his new circumstance take him? Tune in and find out.