- Text Size +

Faith agreed to cutting back her study time when asked by Alicia. She was never told about attacking Marco as they agreed she didn't need the stress and remorse. She spent time with everyone in the evening just to unwind. "She looks better" Cordelia said watching the shrunken Faith breastfeed her babies. "She's like her father. Once she gets an idea, she runs with it" Alicia said. There was a pause between them. "Thanks for not saying what happened with Marco" Alicia said. "I'm surprised you found out" she said. "She came back with scratches, Marco obviously upset, and her panties soaked with her juices" Alicia said. "Are all borrowers that sex crazed?" Cordelia asked. "I wouldn't call it sex crazed. They have a tendency to lash out sexually when under extreme stress. Even then it's with someone they care for and not some random person" she replied. Cordelia narrowed her eyes. "Is something the matter?" Alicia asked. "I envy you all. To be able to give yourself to the one you love" she muttered. She was staring at Marco who was reading a book by the window. "Why can't you?" Alicia asked. "It is forbidden by the church. My kind and yours cannot mate, at best love from afar" she replied. "Excuse me" she said abruptly leaving. Faith watched the pretty giantess storm out of the house. "Lucy if you could" Faith said handing her kids to her. Faith grew and followed her outside.

 

She didn't immediately see her, but she could hear sobbing close by. She tip toed towards the sound and at first thought her eyes were playing tricks on her seeing a beautiful red haired tiny young woman sitting in the middle of a rose crying. Her dress was a loose toga with sandals on her tiny feet. Suddenly the crying stopped, and Faith blinked. She was there and in an instant she was not. The sound of sniffling to her far left alerted her that Cordelia was sitting on a bench. Faith sat next to her. "What's the matter?" Faith asked observing her dressed normally. Cordelia didn't answer. "You really love him" Faith said. "I have loved a long time Faith and I can count on one hand how many people have been kind to me just for the sake of being kind. And to be told you cannot create new life with them. It's a bitter irony especially for me" Cordelia said coldly. "Why for you?" Faith asked. Cordelia looked at her sadly. "You can't answer, can you? Another secret?" Faith asked. She squeezed her hand holding back tears. "Come here" Faith said actually picking her up and placing her in her lap. It was a welcome surprise for the woman. Faith held her close "I know how bitter it can be not to be able to be with someone you love. In another lifetime, me and Theo were a couple. He's the actual father of my son Matthew" she said. "How do you manage?" Cordelia asked.

 

"I take solace in the fact he's happy even if it not me making him so. There...there are days where it gets very hard Cordelia and I struggle. An ache deep inside" Faith muttered. Cordelia nodded and sniffled. "I can tell you this. He loves you too. He loves you very much. I can smell it on him" she said. Cordelia closed her eyes and shed tears. Faith kissed the top of her head. "I'm sorry. I'm not helping" she said. "No. You're doing great. Mortals...people caring about me. It makes me feel appreciated" she said. Faith cuddled her. "That tickles" Cordelia said. "You smell like spring flowers" Faith told her. She looked back to the house. "He's worried about you" Faith said. Cordelia looked back. She hopped off her lap and went inside. Faith watched over the next several minutes Cordelia serving him tea and sitting near him. "What are you Cordelia and why can't you tell me?" she asked herself.

 

On the third week, Faith had read nearly three fourths of his library and was busy crafting her new skills. "Am I interrupting?" Alicia asked entering the room. "No. Just getting a handle on this new way of using magics" Faith replied. "What's it like?" Alicia asked sitting in her lap playfully. "Incredible. When we use magic, its tied to thought, emotion, and control. But symbology weaves in spiritual aspects. Beliefs feed the soul and the soul is manifested in the spell. In theory, one could cast spells ten times stronger this way...if they believed in something hard enough" Faith replied. "I don't get it" Alicia said. Faith held out her hands. "In this hand is a regular shrinking spell...boop" she snickered touching Alicia. She shrank down resting in the knee of the giantess. "And in this hand a symbology growth spell" Faith said holding it out. Alicia watched as words orbited a glowing magic circle in her hand. "It's smaller yet brighter" Alicia said. "Because I'm using one third the normal energy. More efficient yet more powerful" she said. Alicia reached for it only to find Faith dismiss the spell before she could. "Hey!" Alicia yelled. Faith giggled. "You thought I'd let you grow again?" she asked. "Don't tease me" Alicia huffed.

 

"I know what you've been doing while I was asleep little playtoy. Healing my muscle tension. Rejuvenating me. A reward is in order" Faith told her. She slipped Alicia's clothes off and placed her on the desk. "And how is kinky sex any different than any other times?" she asked. Faith reached into her pants pocket and pulled out a box. "This is how" she replied taking out a ring and slipping over her shrunken body. Alicia caught it before it could fall to her feet. It was considerably heavy bit what caught her attention was the red faintly glowing gem in the centerpiece. "Faith...is this..." she muttered. "A part of my soul" Faith finished. Alicia knew the utter importance of the gesture. "...I don't what to say" Alicia muttered. "I wanted you to have a part of me if I'm not around" Faith told her. It was an ominous if not sweet reply. "Dos you shave your crotch?" Alicia asked. "Care to find out?" Faith smiled. She pulled back the waist of her pants and panties and lowered her shrunken wife inside. Faith hummed to herself as she licked and nibbled her giant cunt.

 

Hours later, Faith sat at the desk closing another book. Her gaze went to Alicia still shrunken and naked fast asleep on the desk. She stared at the precious tiny woman and couldn't comprehend why loving someone would be forbidden. It bothered her. It bothered her to see anyone she loved in pain. Faith got up and went to Marco who was in his bedroom. She knocked and entered. "Something I can do for you?" he asked as he cleaned his gun. "I want you to tell me why you're not allowed to love her" Faith said sternly. "Cordelia?" he asked checking the firing pin. "Because the church doesn't allow it" he replied. "That's not telling me why. What kind of church who builds themselves on love tells someone they can't love? What kind of shit is that?" Faith asked angrily. Marco fitted the slide back on the gun and cocked it. He released the switch and it slid back. "Would you feel better if I said I had problems with that?" he asked calmly. "Yes" she replied. "THEN FEEL BETTER!" he yelled. "I get you want to help but stay out of this. You're only making it harder" he said softly. "What kind of Cardinal uses a gun?" she asked incised. "The one that saved your life with it" he said tossing her a bullet. Faith rolled her eyes at him and went to leave. "I love her Faith. Love her so much..." he said softly. There was a sadness in his voice. Faith walked back to the study.

 

She said down depressed that she made things worse and stared at the bullet. Cast iron hollow point with a silver core. Writing was on the side. She couldn't make out the strange language. It was clear it was homemade though with great care. Faith looked back at how he carried himself. Nothing trivial. Giving his full attention. Marco was fully aware of his feelings and Cordelia's. Someone who had obsessive tendencies like him, it was probably worse how he agonized at the cultural taboo of being with her. Faith rested her chin on the desk just inches away from Alicia. Maybe it was her warm breath or the thump of her chin, but Alicia woke up. "Jesus!" she yelled as the giantess stared right at her. "Don't scare me like that!" Alicia yelled at her. Faith weakly smiled at her.

 

"Your body is a work of art" she muttered. "No, I'm not. Hell, my real look had acne scars..." Alicia said. Faith held her tiny foot between her fingers. "I'm serious. Rosy soles, perfect toes" she said before letting go. Her finger traced up her bare body. Her fingertip rested underneath her left breast. "You're so beautiful Alicia" she said softly. "What's bothering you?" Alicia asked concerned. "Marco and Cordelia. They have feelings for one another, but they're not allowed to be together. What kind of world would keep them apart? I really don't get it" Faith said. "Cordelia did say she couldn't be with him and it's odd how she calls him master. She's no maid or anything. Think she's a slave?" she asked. "Marco doesn't seem like the guy who'd enslave a woman. He's too kind and considerate" she said. "Ohh. So, you've taken a liking to him?" Alicia asked sitting up. "I'm not blind. Healthy, handsome, strong, and caring. A good mate overall" Faith shrugged. Alicia was quiet. "Don't be jealous. Borrowers are polygamists but we do settle on a life mate. That's you by the way" she said. Alicia sucked her teeth. "It's true. If you let me, I'll show you something" she said. Faith shrank down and landed on the desk. She walked over to Alicia. She touched her cheek and with a spell, shared a part of her heart.

 

Alicia fell to her knees. "Oh my god. You always feel that way?" she asked. Faith nodded. "But all that grief, that pain, yet you still..." she said before Faith kissed her deeply. "Only because of you. My biggest hurdle in all this wasn't Markus or the ZODIAC. It was finding someone I could call my own" she said. Her eyes glowed in a way even Alicia hasn't seen before. "I wish I could explain it better because words don't do it justice. This power growing inside me. I can see things. An aura surrounding your body. The threads of life magic coming from your nipples and womb. The flow of blood in your veins. The cloud of pheromones. Your beautiful soul Alicia. It's like staring at the sun" she muttered. She grasped something invisible and yanked. Instantly, Alicia was human sized once more. "I can even unravel magic like it was a ball of string" she said. "Okay. Show's over" Alicia said picking her up. Faith powered down. "What time is it?" Alicia asked. "It's after midnight" Faith replied. "Then let's go to bed" she said. "After sex. It's your turn to be worshipped" Faith said to her.  "You look kinda out there" Alicia asked worried. "Not out there enough to not bathe in my favorite person in the world's pussy juices" Faith giggled. "I'm serious Tinkerbell. I'm worried what this is doing to you" she said.

 

"You think I can't handle this kind of power?" Faith asked. "I think you're working yourself into the ground. Cutting back has worked but...I can smell the bleach on the desk Faith. I can see the dried blood in your nostrils" she said. Faith was very quiet as she was carried to the bedroom. Alicia took off her clothing and placed tiny Faith in front of her as she sat on the bed. "How frequent are they?" Alicia asked. "Once or twice a day" Faith replied softly. Alicia hung her head. She shook either out of fear or anger. "You think it was right not to tell me about these nosebleeds?" Alicia asked. "I didn't want to frighten you" she replied. Alicia grabbed her with both hands. Faith had never seen her so pissed and winced as the giantess squeezed her. She relented as she saw Faith cringe. Alicia picked up her new ring. "This doesn't mean a thing if you keep secrets like that from me. What would happen to us if we found you slumped over the desk dead from a stroke of whatever the fuck..."

 

 

"I know it was wrong for me not to say anything but as dangerous as this learning spell can be, it was absolutely necessary. They're looking for me even as we speak. She's even attacking me in my dreams trying to goad me into leaving here" Faith said. Alicia didn't know that either. "A borrower will do ANYTHING to protect her family. Anything Alicia" Faith said sternly. Alicia laid on her back. She spread her pussy lips. "Get to work plaything. Time for makeup sex" she growled. Faith happily ran to her pussy. "I really am sorry" Faith said as she touched her labia. "I know you are but you're hurting me when you do things like that. Please don't hurt me" she begged. Faith was ready to literally dive right in until she heard the giantess plead. She felt ashamed to put her through that. "Close your eyes" Faith said. Alicia did as Faith caressed what seemed like thin air. In reality it was the aura around her. By mixing her own energy with Alicia's, it added a tingling sensation to her touch. 

 

Faith had to come up for air every other minute as Alicia soaked her. The labored breathing made the chest rise and fall. Faith climbed onto her chest and walked to her breasts. Her bare feet leaving wet footprints on her skin. Two large mounds of flesh surrounded her as she walked through the very short valley of her tits. Before she could reach her face to give her giantess a kiss on her pouty lips, a finger pushed on her back pinning her to her chest. "Alicia? What are you...hey!" Faith yelled as a finger plucked her tiny bare ass. "Naughty girls needs to be spanked" Alicia said to her. "Ow! I thought…oww...you forgave me!" Faith yelled as a giant finger plucked her ass again. "I did but that doesn't mean there aren't consequences" Alicia chuckled. Faith whimpered as the giantess spanked her a few more times. The shrunken girl whimpered feeling her reddened butt. "Not even daddy spanked me" she muttered. Alicia felt slightly sorry for her and used her fingers to pick her up. Gently she turned her around and placed her butt first in her mouth. Carefully, she closed her teeth and lips so now her feet and legs were almost touching her shoulders. Alicia gently licked and sucked her bare ass. "Hmmm..." Faith groaned as the wet hot tongue eased the soreness and swelling.

 

"That really hurt babe" Faith muttered. Alicia grabbed her phone and tapped. "Why aren't I healing myself then? Because I deserved it. The way you begged me..." she replied. Alicia parted her ass with the tip of her tongue and teased her pussy. Faith shuddered. "Whoops. Didn't know you two were busy. I'll just grab these diapers..." Lucy said from the floor. Alicia got up, still holding Faith in her mouth, grabbed Lucy. "Hey! I got kids that need diapers!" Lucy yelled. Alicia laid back down still holding Lucy until she dropped her onto her chest. "What's her problem?" Lucy asked Faith. "I got caught not telling her something really important. She's kinda mad" Faith replied. "...like what?" Lucy asked. "That I umm...was slowly killing myself by how I was studying" she replied. Lucy stormed up to the giantess' lips. She grabbed Faith's cheeks and yanked them. "I'd be pissed too!" Lucy yelled. "And then she spanked me and now she's licking my sore ass. You should get in on it. She's kinda good with the tip of her tongue. Lucy shrugged and took off her nightgown. "Scoot over" she muttered pushing Faith aside. Lucy lowered her bare ass into her mouth as Alicia loosened it up just to get a good hold on them.

 

"Shit she is good" Lucy sighed as Alicia turned her attention on her. "How ready do you think you are?" Lucy asked her. "I really don't know. I feel much more powerful but fighting an actual goddess?" Faith replied. Both were silent. "I'm scared" Faith said. Alicia took her fingers and grabbed Faith's hand and then Lucy's. She guided then to each other's. "She's right. You're not alone" Lucy told her. Faith being over and kissed her. Lucy smiled and then squeaked as the tip of Alicia's tongue pushed into her. She had them both cumming in her mouth within minutes.

 

The next day, Faith made sure to cuddle everyone, including Marco. "Are borrowers bipolar?" Marco asked Alicia as Faith skipped off to bask in the morning sun. "It's her way of apologizing. She knows she's worrying the hell out of us" Alicia replied. "Well, I was standoffish with her last night" he said. "She came to your room? She never mentioned that" Alicia said. "It was of a personal matter concerning me and Cordelia" he told her. "That explains her mood last night. She really doesn't understand why you and Cordelia can't be with one another" Alicia said to her. Cordelia stopped washing the morning dishes. He looked at her. "There is reason why. We do not enjoy keeping secrets, but time will tell" Cordelia said softly. A cryptic response but Alicia was more inclined to respect their privacy more than Faith.

 

By the end of the fourth week, Faith had finished reading all the books he had, and she informed him as much.

 

"What can you tell me about Cestus Maximus?" Marco asked. "Born in 341 CE. Died in 366 CE. His nickname was "Castrum" or Fortress in English because of his exceptional barriers he could cast. Killer of the god Janus after learning it was hiding in what was then Gaul" she replied. "And how did he die?" Marco asked. "Killed by his own brother after he learned he slept with a goddess" she replied. "Hmmm. Now tell me the characteristics of the god Perun" he said. "Slavic God of the sky, lightning, trees, and fertility" she replied. "And how was he killed?" he asked quietly. "He wasn't. Two Campioné went to kill him only to find they couldn't strip his Authority. It's unclear why though" she replied. "Because that wasn't his real identity. Like I said before, you can only strip their Authority if you know their true name" he said. "That wasn't in the book. It was the very last volume so maybe it wasn't included" she said. "It wasn't. That book hasn't been updated in 12 years. Show me your symbology" he said. Faith held out her hands and concentrated.

 

Marco watched impressed as glowing magic circles with clockwise turning words turned around them. "Don't touch unless you want to be shrunk” she said as he got very close. "A shrinking spell?" he asked. "It's the easiest one I know" she replied. "You can do other spells with it right?" he asked. She nodded. He studied it carefully. "Your symbology is supposed to be based on belief like mine is the original Aramaic of the Lord’s Prayer. What have you done?" he asked confused. Words asking forgiveness for those I hurt, wronged, and murdered" she replied softly. Marco squinted as it was lines upon lines of words. He did see various names mixed within it. "How many are there?" he asked. "72 names. Each one for someone I looked dead in the eye and did them wrong. My mother and father are in the center" she replied. "And this is your belief how?" he asked. "Because I believe I will be forgiven by them one day. In this life or the next" she replied. Marco had expected her technique to be sloppy and rushed but was humbled before it. "I see. Tomorrow you will conclude your initiation as a Campioné by passing the Crucible" he said. "What is that anyway. It's not in the books at all" she asked. "Because half the challenge is dealing with the unexpected. The other half is surviving" he replied. "You took it right?" she asked. He nodded. "So... has anyone ever failed?" she asked. "My uncle" he replied crossing himself.

 

Later that night...

 

"I expected another sparring match not a fight to the death!" Faith yelled pacing back and forth on the bed sheet. "Did he say that it was?" Theo asked as he rocked one of his sons to sleep. "He mentioned surviving so yeah" Faith said. "Maybe it's like an obstacle course?" Lucy asked sitting on Alicia's knee. "What kind of obstacle course would there be to train you to fight a fucking God?" Faith asked annoyed. Lucy was silent. "I'm sorry. I'm just..." Faith said sitting down and reclining on the bare sole of Alicia. "Sounds like a contest. Maybe it is a sparring match but with higher stakes" Alicia said scrunching her toes slightly. "Probably but why to the death? That doesn't make sense in a learning standpoint" Faith said tapping her hand on her giant big toe. "Is he lying to throw you off?" Lucy asked jumping onto the bedsheets. "Dunno. Not one book mentioned this Crucible. All of those books were meticulous to the point of obsession when it came to details but not one word of this thing. Furthermore, the last volume left off something weird" she said. Lucy sat next to her. "Such as?" Theo asked.

 

"I gathered Marco's parents, Draco and Lisa, were Campioné before him. It's clear from the style of handwriting one of them was making an entry about a god named Perun but it just leaves off right there. Not a single written line in over a decade. The entry was never finished" she said. "Maybe that's all they knew. Come to think of it, he hasn't said a word about parents or any relatives" Lucy said banging her head on the soft sole of the giantess. "He called himself the last Campioné. Somehow, I doubt this is a job you can retire from. But if they died, why is there no entry recording it like the others?" Faith asked. "Dunno but I do know this girl needs her sleep. If you'll excuse us" Alicia told them.

 

Alicia laid down with Faith nearby. "I can sense everyone's fear. Lucy is so scared she was leaking milk" Faith muttered. "Because we love you dummy" Alicia said slipping her finger between Faith's tiny legs. "You've come a long way from being that scared girl I found in that dressing room" she said. "And I want to you to see me get even better. I don't have as many nightmares anymore" Alicia said as she rubbed her little pussy. Faith moaned softly. "Can't you even the odds by using artifacts?" Alicia asked. "Don't know if they would do any good. If a Campioné can unravel my spells, can't one undo enchantments too?" Faith asked. "It's worth a try" Alicia said. "Still, I can only support one. It takes too much concentration to use symbology and artifact magic. It's like two different languages spoken at the same time" she said. "Which one will you choose?" Alicia asked licking her finger. "The armor probably. Marco is fast and agile to almost borrower levels. I doubt I could get a hit using the bow" Faith replied. She rolled onto her back and looked up as the giantess moved her face over her. Alicia bent down. "Any milk left?" she whispered. "Lucy fed the kids tonight as I drank all that wine. Go for it" Faith replied softly. The giantess cupped her lips around her little titties and gently sucked.

 

Faith cooed softly feeling her warm breath on her sensitive nipples. It only took a few seconds to drink what she had but it left her feeling more relaxed. Alicia playfully nudged her with her nose. "You're so yummy" she snickered. "Alicia? Can you drape your hand over me till I fall asleep?" Faith asked. "Sure I can" she replied. The giantess rested her right hand over her in a way she wasn't pushing on her chest or body. Like a giant fleshy blanket saturated with her scent, Faith snuggled under it and closed her eyes. Alicia watched her fall asleep a half hour later. She didn't want to remove her hand and left it there. The woman worried she might be a widow by this time tomorrow.

 

The next morning...

 

"I haven't seen any of them yet this morning" Alicia said. They were all nervous, even Theo. "The kids won't stop crying" he said. "They can literally smell my fear" Faith said softly. She held Matthew and Grace in her lap trying to calm them. "The damn wait is hard enough" Lucy huffed. "The wait is over" Marco said entering the living room. "Are you ready?" he asked her. She handed the kids to Lucy before growing. "Yes" she said bravely. "Then follow me" he said. "Wait. I wanted to see Cordelia just in case..." Faith said. "She's at the Crucible right now finishing the final touches. You'll see her there" he said. "Can we come too?" Alicia asked. "No rule saying you can't. However, you may NOT interfere" he said sternly. Marco led them into the villa gardens and then down a small hill. "Are those...mausoleums?" Lucy asked looking from Alicia's right hand. "The resting place of my family yes" he replied. They were very silent as he led them to what appeared to be the oldest of the structures. The door opened revealing old marble crypts. Marco walked to the statue of an angel with a sword.

 

"Hmm" he muttered as he cut his thumb along the marble edge of the sword. His blood dripped onto the floor and a magic circle began to glow at his feet. The building began to shake as the floor before them cracked open and receded. A marble staircase leading down appeared. "This way please" he said. Torches lit by themselves as they went down. It was deeper than they thought, 45 feet down and emptying into a room 10 feet cubed. "Cordelia!" Faith said happy to see a friendly face in the weird damp place. Cordelia didn't return the smile. "What's going on here?" Faith asked her. "Faith. Step onto the magic circle before you" he said. Faith was very wary but still trusted him. She stepped forward and a magic circle enveloped her body. In a flash she was gone. "Marco!" Alicia yelled. "Down there" he said pointing to the floor. Alicia stepped forward slightly until he stopped her. "Careful" he muttered. She squinted looking down and placed Lucy and Theo with the kids on the floor. "Oh my god. Alicia she's here. She's really small but here" Lucy said. The dim light made it hard for Alicia to see but Lucy being smaller and a borrower could clearly see the bug sized Faith.

 

"This is the Crucible. A hidden combat ring where the combatants are shrunken" he said. "For what fucking purpose?! Don't you have a ring up there?" Alicia asked. "That is simply for light sparring. This is for real combat. Underground so nobody can see or hear. The combatants shrunk for the safety of those observing and secrecy. We are a secret sect after all" he said. "You're like a fucking mile tall to her now! This isn't a fair fight!" Alicia yelled panicking. Faith could hear her booming voice but not see her face. Lucy stood outside the perimeter and even at three inches towered over Faith. "I never said I was her opponent. Cordelia..." he said. Cordelia stepped forward and vanished like Faith. She reappeared shrunk to tiny size at the opposite end. "In order to become a Campioné, you must pass the Crucible. The challenge lies in defeating what is the job of a Campioné to defeat...a god or goddess" he said. "She's a goddess?" Faith asked him. "Yes Faith. She's a goddess" Marco replied using magic to hear her.

 

"It makes sense now. The real reason you can't be with one another. She's a goddess, a pagan. I couldn't read your thoughts. How you would slip up and call us mortals" Faith said. "Defeat her in combat Faith to become a Campioné" he said. "I'm not fighting Cordelia!" she yelled. "Then this will be a very short fight" Cordelia said powering up. "My god..." Faith muttered sensing the power radiating from her. Cordelia was bathed in green light as the floor trembled. Gigantic roses, flowers, and plants burst from the ground. "Beautiful" Lucy muttered. "I wouldn't use that word..." Alicia said as she could see their thorns growing. The very air became sweet smelling. A thorn popped from a stem shooting at Faith. It missed her by a hair but even then cut her cheek. A wave of her hand made half a dozen fly at her. Faith yelped as she drove out of the way. Broken and stuck into the ground where she had been standing, it was clear they were a threat now.  "Summon armor" Faith muttered willing the armor of Cancer to cover her body. Cordelia and Marco raised eyebrows. Cordelia shot off another thorn and Faith punched it. It shattered but strangely Faith felt the blow. Her hand stung. She looked at it to find tiny slivers of thorn in her skin. Vines erupted from the plants carrying Cordelia into the air. She was making her way to her. "Fight or die" she said.

 

Faith fired off quick lightning attacks only to see them fizzle out as they struck her. Panicking, Faith charged up a lightning symbology attack and fired. Far more powerful than normal, it struck Cordelia. She fell to the floor kneeling. "I'm sorry!" Faith yelled. Cordelia got back up within a second. Any burns or singes disappeared in seconds. Faith fired off ice and fire symbology attacks staggering Cordelia but not stopping her. Worse yet, the power required to use the attacks were draining Faith faster than normal magics. Cordelia snapped off a vine and used it as a whip. She gasped her ankle and yanked her up into the air before slamming her down. Over and over until the floor began to crack. Faith coughing blood could barely keep focus. "Master..." Cordelia asked. "Continue. That's an order" he said. "She forfeits!" Alicia screamed. Marco made a gesture which locked Alicia in place. "Was all your learning a bluff Faith? Did you understand anything you read? How do you defeat a god or goddess?" he asked.

 

Cordelia wrapped Faith in thorny vines and began to squeeze. Her unnatural powers were literally cutting through the ancient enchantments of the armor. Faith felt the thorns piercing the armor poking her flesh. Blood began to drip onto the floor. Cordelia was trembling as she knew she was seconds away from killing her friend brutally. Crushed, cut to ribbons, or both? Faith thought back to her studies. The first thing to do was to strip them of their Authority. That meant speaking their name. Obviously, her name wasn't Cordelia. Faith quickly began to look at what she had seen so far as she used her waning magic to make a symbology barrier that was skintight.

 

"She can control plants...no more like flowers. I saw her that night in a rose. That's not enough. Wait...the way she speaks with an accent. It's not Italian but kinda close. I've heard it...that shade. The same way it pronounced sounds. Latin. Her first language is Latin. Latin, can control flowers. I know her true name...

 

Faith used force magic to blow off the vines. Her clothes soaked in blood. "Oh god Faith!" Alicia yelled. Faith began the second phase of stripping her Authority. "The books said this can be the most dangerous part of the battle. Invoking the binding circle takes a massive amount of energy. If you get the name wrong..." she thought. Faith shook her head. She was certain she guessed her name. Faith held her hand up and Cordelia was surrounded by a symbology circle of Faith's making. "Your power is over flowers. Your pantheon is myriad but known. By the ancient name...YOUR IDENTITY IS FLORA! ROMAN GODDES OF FLOWERS, BLOSSOMING PLANTS, AND SPRINGTIME!" she yelled. The circle pulsed before exploding in a flash of white light. Once it faded, Cordelia...Flora had been stripped of her modern-day clothing and wore a lose fitting toga that exposed her left breast. Sandals on her feet, and in her now vibrant red hair a ring of flowers. Faith took that moment to press her advantage as she knew that exposing her had left her vulnerable to her attacks. Her immortality stripped away; Flora could now be beaten.

 

Faith punched her fast and hard. Flora could barely parry her strikes and stumbled. Faith took that moment to do a sweeping kick which sent Flora off her feet crashing into a rose stem. A thorn had pierced her side making the goddess bleed. Flora healed but it was clear she was shaken. In a last-ditch effort, Flora made a particular flower bloom. It oozed white sticky fluid which she used to slather Faith. Faith stumbled drowsy and droopy. The match was dead even. Faith charged up for a final symbology lightning attack while Flora fired off a storm of thorns. Faith let lose. The bolt making the thorns burst into flames and ash as it raced towards the goddess. Flora let out a scream as she was struck. She stood there unmoving and singed. Faith staggered in her drugged state towards Flora. Her waning strength her only offense. Flora looked at her for a moment before collapsing. She didn't move.

 

"Match is over. Faith McCormick is the victor" Marco said. Faith collapsed seconds later into the hands of Alicia.

 

Faith awoke panicked. "Easy. The match is over" Marco said sitting next to her bed. "Flora! Cordelia! Whatever...is she okay?! I didn't kill her, did I?" Faith asked. "No. She's resting. You can find her in her room" he said. Faith left him quickly flying past the startled Alicia who was carrying a cup of tea in her hands. "Faith!" she yelled after her. Faith flew in Flora's room which had been locked for the entire time they had been there. Flora was resting comfortably in the petals of a rose bush planted in a pot on her windowsill. "Hey slugger" she chuckled seeing Faith. Faith flew to her and held her close crying. "It's okay. This isn't the first time for me" she said to her. "You did extremely well Faith. You should be proud" Marco said to her. Faith took that moment to grow and then slap the shit out of him. She stormed off into the living room. "You deserved that" Alicia muttered. Marco stood there nursing his jaw. "There is the other matter Marco" Flora said. "I know" he muttered. 

 

They were all concerned with Faith as she shook as she poured her own cup of tea. Alicia, Lucy, and Theo asked her to eat as it was now nighttime outside and her fight had left her weakened. She didn't feel like it. She walked outside for some air. Flora appeared in a rose near her. "Please don't be too angry with him. He was just as bothered by it all as you are. Probably more so" Flora said. "I could’ve fried you!" Faith shouted. "And I could've cut you to pieces or had you overdose on opium in the end. But neither happened" Flora said. "And all that fight to the death crap?" she asked. "Nobody ever said a fight to the death. He was referring to possible accidents like what we just said. You must understand that being a Campioné is a very dangerous job. It would be irresponsible to let someone go out there halfcocked. The Crucible forces the initiate to fight at their very best under controlled circumstances" she said. "By using a goddess as target practice" Faith muttered. "A job that I've done for a very long time" Flora said. 

 

"How does a goddess end up in the service of a guy that is supposed to kill them?" Faith asked. "A story for another time. For now, though there is one last matter. Isn't that right Marco?" Flora asked. "...yes" Marco replied standing in the doorway. He sat down next to Faith. "You completed the match with success but the Crucible itself isn't over. There is one final task for you to do" he said. Faith was still irked by him but could see worry...maybe even fear in his eyes. "Oh god. Don't tell me I have do a fucking two out of three" Faith asked. "No. No more fighting. Something simple. When a god or goddess is stripped of their Authority, they can get it back after a complete day and night has passed as long as they are not given one by their opponent" he said. 

 

"I don't understand" Faith said. "Like I told you before, names have power. And a name forced onto a god or goddess with their Authority stripped away becomes a kind of binding spell. In Flora's case, when you stripped her Authority away, she became a masterless goddess. Our family was granted special permission by the Pope long ago to have her in our service as long as she was bound. If freed, I will be excommunicated and stripped of my symbology. The barriers protecting this place will fall, an any deity holding a grudge will come for me...and her" he explained. "So, what are you asking me?" Faith said. "As you defeated her, it's your right to bind her to your service. You must give her a new name" he said. "That's a nice explanation but you're not telling me something. I can see it on both your faces" she said. Both were quiet.

 

"You don't want me to do you?" she asked. Marco didn't respond and Flora sniffled and looked away. Faith sighed and left them there. Faith kept to herself the rest of the night. Even when the others asked if she was okay, she simply nodded. The next day it was the same. "She's been very quiet" Lucy said sitting in Alicia's lap. "She has a great deal on her mind. She was even quiet as she played with the kids" Alicia said petting Lucy's leg. "Where is she anyway?" Alicia asked not seeing her. "With Theo" Lucy replied.

 

"Thanks for doing this. I know it's weird for you" Faith said lying on his chest. "It's not so bad being human sized now and then" he said. "I meant petting me" she muttered. "Just because I'm romantically involved with you doesn't mean I don't care. I can see the frustration in your face" he said. "I'm being asked to do something I swore I'd never do again. Make someone a slave to me. It brought out the worst in me. And God help me it felt so fucking good" he said. "Shhh. It's okay. We know you're not that kind of person anymore" he said stroking her back with his finger. "If I give her a name, she's my slave and I take her away from someone she loves. If I don't, he's stripped of his powers and left at the mercy of anyone that comes by. Not even Flora can protect him from everything" she said. "It would mean freedom for them both though" Theo said. Faith growled and kicked her tiny legs in frustration. "If it was me, I rather be free and take my chances. All my life we were taught to serve and give our lives to please our magical masters. Our little city was our entire world. But seeing rolling hills, beautiful flowers, fucking snow. I'd rather die than go back to what I once had" he said. "I get what you're saying. I really do but Marco' faith is everything to him. I read that excommunication is a kind of spiritual death for him. I don't know what to do..." Faith said sniffling. 

 

"It's rule thing right?" he asked. She nodded. "You're not the kind to follow rules. You make your own. Why should this time be different?" he asked. "It's not so simple this time. The binding magics are very precise. Believe me I checked" she said. "Tell me exactly what the spell says" he said. "A goddess stripped of her Authority must be given a name within 24 hours or she will be free of the binding spell. Once the name is given, she is now bound to the one that gave it to her" Faith replied. "That's it exactly?" he asked. She nodded. "Come closer. I have an idea, but I don't know if it will work" he said. Faith walked up his chest to his lips. Theo whispered very quietly. "What?! It can't be that easy?!" she yelled. "Shhh. I whispered it just in case it would break any mumbo jumbo rules" he said. "It's the best idea out there" she shrugged. 

 

The next morning, Faith sat with Flora alone. "How long have you been in his family's service?" Faith asked. "1,553 years" Flora replied. "That must mean you had a lot of masters in that time" she said. "Hundreds" Flora said softly. "And each one gave you a name?" she asked. Flora nodded. "Can you remember them all?" she asked. Flora nodded and under Faith's request recited each one. It took a half hour to go through them all. "Why do you ask?" Flora asked worried. "I needed to check something. Can you tell everyone to come out here to the atrium? It's time" Faith said. Flora stood up and stumbled. Faith held her feeling her tremble. Faith cupped her cheeks, wiping away tears, and kissed her forehead. Flora left her to go get the others. Faith stared at the sparkling morning dew on a rose hoping her idea would work. If it didn't, hearts would be broken one way or another. 

 

They all sat on marble benches surrounding a fountain. The same fountain Faith was crying at weeks before as she was frustrated with her weakness. Faith herself sat at the base of it playing with the water. "I decided on what to do after weighing my options. Flora, it's too dangerous for you not to be given a name to bind you. It would be a death sentence for you and Marco, and I know you don't want anything to happen to him" she said. Flora nodded and cried softly. "Marco. I know how much you love her. It's clear on your face you adore her and it's also clear how upset you are thinking I'll take her away from you by binding her to me. You're trapped between your Faith and your love for her. Flora, stand before me" Faith said.

 

Flora got up shaking and sniffling. Faith held out her palm and a magic circle formed at Flora's sandaled feet. "By order and right, Flora I bind you with the name...Cordelia" she said. The magic circle flashed brightly and then faded. "Faith you can't give her that name" Marco said. "I don't see any actual rule that says that. It said she had to be bound with a name. Didn't say it couldn't be with an old one" Faith said. Swirling energy engulfed Cordelia and when it stopped, her old modern clothes had returned. Cordelia kneeled before her. "...I am bound by your will" she said. "Only my will?" Faith asked. Cordelia looked puzzled by the question and then looked at Marco. "...no. No, I'm not! I can feel my connection to him! I'm still bound to you Marco!" she yelled. Faith smiled and helped her off her knee. Cordelia hugged her tightly crying. "I think he needs the hug more than I do" she said. Cordelia turned to him nervous until Marco held out his arms. She ran into them sobbing. 

 

"That was a huge gamble" he said. "Worth it in the name of love" Faith told him. They had an impromptu party that night. Cordelia using her powers to make as much wine as needed and Marco dancing with her nonstop. Faith had carried her drunken wife to their bed. "There ya go" Faith said placing her in bed. "Don' go. We can have our own fun. I'll even let ya eat me. Wanna eat me? I'm yummy" Alicia giggled. "Tempting but it's been a long day" Faith said kissing her forehead. Faith sat there for a while petting her hair till she fell asleep. Faith could smell that the anxiety and fear in her wife had left thinking the worst was over. Faith wished that was so. When she bound Cordelia, she gained access to a small share of her power. With it, she could perceive things she couldn't before. Combining it with symbology clairvoyance, she could sense a dark presence lurking outside the barriers of the villa. Very faint so no surprise Cordelia herself didn't sense it but being a paranoid borrower constantly using her clairvoyance in the first week of her stay made Faith fully aware of what was around her...and this blip of dark energy didn't belong...

 

Faith walked out of their room back to the living room. She found Marco rubbing the sore feet of Cordelia. "I'm jealous" she snickered. Marco turned beet red and stopped. "Who said stop? If I can't fuck you, I can at least get a foot massage" Cordelia slurred with a wine goblet in her hand. "Goddesses can get drunk?" Faith asked. "Sure. We feel that same stuff morals do. Laugh, cry, drunk, sober, love, wanting, lust, the need to feel a baby in our wombs" she muttered. She got off her chair, stumbled and put the wine goblet in the sink before going outside. "We really do appreciate what you did Faith" he said. "I know but as your ancestors used to say, man cannot live on bread alone" she said looking towards Cordelia. 

 

"There's something out there. Something dark and devoid of life" Faith said serious. "I was afraid of that. The ceremony caused a kind of ripple. It was probably traced here. It's happened before so don't worry" he said. "I'm not worried. I've been on the defensive long enough" she said. "Whoa. Wait a minute. Cordelia was showing you mercy and she's a pacifist deity. Just because you beat her doesn't mean you're ready to fight a death goddess" he said. Faith walked to the kitchen and filled a glass with water. She gave it to him. She stuck her finger in it and Marco watched wide eyed as it transformed into wine. "Binding her changed me. My magic evolved...again. I need to find another" Faith said grimly. Marco looked at Cordelia who was gazing at the stars. "We'll talk in the morning" he said getting up. Faith watched as he held her to him. 

 

At the same time…

 

A young woman dressed in black entered the store and cut the line. “Oy. The line is back there! Move ya arse back” a young man told her. “You’re from Ireland, aren’t you?” she asked. “Fuck is it to you?” he asked as he was handed his sandwich. She didn’t answer but with a smile. She watched him leave. “You never said a thing about a Campione Morrigan” a woman in her early 30’s standing behind the counter said to her. “How was I to know there were any left? Has your shade fond her again Pe…”

 

“Patricia” she said cutting her off. “Patricia. An American name for a woman working in an American city in an ethnic deli. You were once as feared as your husband there. Now he just sells fucking sandwiches and lunchmeats” Morrigan sneered. “Do not for one second critisize. You created this mess. If you did you job and let that girl and the borrower die when their time came…”

 

“Then we’d all lose out. Ebonheart would’ve killed 90% of the human race. You think times are tough for us now? Imagine what it would’ve been like if she got her way. Starving literally for worship. Fading into nonexistence” Morrigan said. “I have someone that will step in and help. You just do you job” Patricia said. Morrigan looked out the shop window at the Irish man from before. He was on his phone and didn’t see a taxi coming around a turn just as she crossed the street. The screech of tires and then a thud. Morrigan smiled slightly seeing the man very much dead on behind the car. “Was that necessary? He was a good customer” Patricia asked. “You said yourself you want me to do my job” Morrigan answered before leaving her.

 

Morrigan walked outside. Time had frozen in place except for those gifted with divinity, supreme magical ability, or the dead. “Wha…what happened?” the man asked standing up. “You’re dead Sean” Morrigan replied pointing to his body. He gasped seeing his broken body. “And you annoyed your goddess of death” she said coldly. “My goddess…Morrigan. Oh god…” he whined. Morrigan touched him as his soul self shrank. She collected him. “Before I send you along, we are going to have some fun. You can start here” she chuckled slipping him and her hand into her panties. She groaned softly as she pushed him into her cunt. With a wave of her hand, she disappeared.