- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

 

 

A loud rumble shook the air as the monolithic structure erupted with punctual precision, releasing a refreshing herb-like fragrance that passed the lush flowerpot a few feet away on the windowsill... She held onto her sleep as long as she could until she had to accept defeat, the sun streaming through the hole in the lush wall of plantlife, as if to encourage her to come out and play within its domain. Meadow wiped the pollen from the corners of her glossy black eyes, arching them up into a smile as she jumped up from the flowerbed, arms out to each side of her as she left the room and met with the euphoric glow that caressed her pale green flesh.. The smile in each of her eyes grew larger as she dug her toes into the soil below to secure her morning snack, the leaflike hair swaying with her as she moved with the breeze in the tiny clearing.

 

CLA-CLAK

 

Meadow couldn’t hear the coffee cup noisily land on the counter next to her as the giant human gazed down at the small nymph soaking up the sun’s generous rays with innocent greed. She didn’t need ears, anyways. The ground and air already signaled her giantess’s arrival ages ago, opening her mouth to give a very sharp, toothy grin back as the waters of life trickled down through the vegetation above. They had a very simple relationship, the giantess loved to see beautiful things, and Meadow’s entire purpose in life was to give birth to and nurture the many beautiful things on Gaia’s Earth. She gave a happy little dance in thanks as a harmonious tune danced in the air and weaved through the towering stems, making the large woman's face show a light expression of grief. She continued the song until the end, when the woman forced her a smile and walked off.

Meadow didn’t understand. She didn’t need to, she just conveyed her Goddess’s children’s messages the best she could and that was good enough for her. Unrooting herself from the ground, Meadow’s expression turned blank while she started the day’s inspection of the small domain she was left in charge of, hoping to find a new child to welcome to the family..

 

< * * * * * * >

 

Hannah felt a pang of sadness hit her heart as the song ended. The things she just received weighed heavily on her. She didn’t deserve it, none of the humans on Earth did. She loved seeing the flowers the nymph grew flourish with life within her tiny windowsill flower pot, but she could never have the heart to raise it even a little bit higher. The world outside was a bleak, dying wasteland, the colour green literally being painted on the massive endless sea of concrete that littered the world in a desperate attempt to mimic the memory of the vast seas of grass we once had. Trees replaced with artificial oxygen generators that at least kept the blue skies clean in the residential areas of District 14593D. They’d killed this world, and Hannah hoped that the day the little nymph gathered the curiosity to gaze that little bit further up the window, she’d have the heart to forgive them…

 

“I’m so sorry…”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I had an idea. I have no clue how the idea will be recieved, but I thought I'd test the waters a bit. If there is enough interest in this I might make it into a full story, or if I keep thinking about it, it might happen anyways.. Thank you for reading.

- ChronicLifetime