- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Not much action this chapter, just a little more plot advancement...

Brad was totally caught off guard.  He always told himself to be prepared for anything when out in the field like this, but THIS.  This was something he did not expect and based on the amused smile on Lauren’s face she knew how shocked he was.


“I take it you’ve heard of me”  She says with a grin as Brad is still shocked and she just chuckles.  “It’s okay you can breathe”  She says shaking her head “I’m afraid the stories you may have heard about me are a bit embellished”  She said as Brad tried to regain his cool.


This was the supposed kingpin of this new drug.  Brad was expecting some tattooed gangster or even a crazy smart scientist, but this woman.  She looked like a rich suburban housewife...not to mention what had just happened between the two of them only a few minutes ago.  Brad realized he had to say something.


“I just…”  He says as she walks toward him and smiles.


“Sweetie…”  She gives his cheek a few pats.  “...it’s fine.  As much as I like the idea of being some mafia boss drug queen...it’s simply not the case...I’m just a businesswoman”  She grins.


“I developed a product that gives people happiness...in fact I think you’re still showing that happiness”  She grins down at the outline of Brad’s pants.  “...however, as you probably understand my product would be considered...let’s go with...controversial so that’s why I insist on keeping it secret.  I mean can you imagine what would happen if something like this got into the wrong hands”  She says shaking her head.


“So as you can tell I care deeply about my product.  It’s why I insist on being here for every first timer.  I want to make sure they really experience everything “SK” has to offer.  Now you have the number right?  If you want another session it will always be in this room and just give us at least 2 hours to get it prepared.  I hope we see you again Brad”  She says very sweetly opening the door.  Brad walks out and stops.  


“Umm just curious...what does “SK” stand for?”  Brad asks and Lauren smiles.


“Pretty simple really.  What does it do?”  Lauren smiles.


Brad stands for a moment.  “Ummm...it...shrinks you?”


Lauren nods.  “Yep.  Shrink.  SK.  First and last letter.  Simple as that”  She says and sees Brad’s surprise and she just shrugs.  “What?  When your product is that good, you don’t need much marketing”  She blows Brad a kiss before closing the door.



***Later that night***


Brad looked out his bedroom window.  The sun had set a couple hours ago.  He’d be heading to bed soon but he knew he’d have trouble sleeping after today.  He tried to watch TV, go for a run, but it didn’t help.  He couldn’t stop thinking about what happened today.  And to be fair that’s not unusual if you spent an hour of the day shrunken to 3 inches tall.  He kept thinking about it over and over.  It couldn’t be real.  It had to be a hallucination or something.  He looked back at his notes


-Initial feeling of warmth with hallucinations.

-Drug seems to cause hallucinations of being shrunken.  Hallucinations are so intense you can feel and smell them.  Possible use of hypnosis as well?

-Could this be real?  Did I actually shrink?

-Sexual arousal intensified as well.

-”L” is an attractive woman, mid 40s, charming.  Not what was expected

-L considers it ethical to keep “SK” out of wrong hands (also SK is simply ShrinK)


Brad just stood up.  He needed more information, he needed to try it again to see if it was so intense and…


“Oh geez…”  Brad chuckled.  “A full dose...I took a full dose!  That’s probably why it was so intense”  He said shaking his head realizing the rookie mistake he made.  He looked at the paper next to his desk with the phone number.  He was going to wait a couple days before going back but if he knew where “L” was then he could strike while the iron was hot.  He grabbed the paper and his phone and called.


“Yeah.  I wanted to make an appointment.  ½ dose.  Just one hour.  As early as possible.”  He said and waited before the voice on the other line responded.


“Your appointment is tomorrow morning at 10.  Tara will be assisting you”  THe voice says.


“Wait who’s…”  Brad started to say before the phone hung up.  “...Tara?”  He said, realizing that “L” evidently didn’t handle every session.  It didn’t matter though.  Brad knew he’d get more information tomorrow and soon he’d get this whole thing resolved.  He was about to go to bed when he got a text.  He checked and saw it was from Karla.


“Hey...how’d everything go today?  You good?”


Brad looked a little concerned.  Karla should know better than to contact him when undercover.  He just set his phone down and ignored it.  Couldn’t risk breaking protocol just because his partner was bored.  Brad headed to bed, knowing that tomorrow he’ll have a better understand of just what the hell happened and what “SK” really was.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Okay that's it for now!  There is plenty more to come.  Expect more posts over the next few days!  Things will pick up quite a bit from this point forward.