- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Wrote this story last year back in October for my horror fiction class. Saved it to post on Vore Day. Hope you enjoy!

Before he found the emerald ring, he was gawking at her, Stephanie Anderson, the girl of his dreams. Her auburn hair, her bright green eyes, the way she shyly rubbed one arm when she was nervous, her cute giggle as he bumbled his attempt at a greeting after working up the courage to talk to her. That was his last coherent thought before he tripped and fell flat on his face. Getting up he noticed a glint under the vending machine he was leaning on just a moment ago. “A ring?” he thought aloud. Who would leave a ring on the ground? He thought about giving it to the lost and found until he saw the gemstone encased within the ring. He marveled at it as the stone, a brilliant emerald, reflected the fluorescent lighting of the school’s hallways. The ring itself was plain but the gem was magnificent, and the same color as Stephanie’s eyes. From that moment on he knew what he was going to do with it.

William went to the bathroom to shine it up.  He rubbed the gem, but when he did, the strangest thing occurred. The ring started to glow, not from any reflection, but by itself as if it was imbued with some sort of energy. Out shot a blinding light, but when it subsided, William was not alone.  A translucent figure with a goatee, sunglasses, and dreadlocks stood or rather floated before him. The figure yawned a melodic sound. "Finally, somebody released me. Do you have any idea how long I've been in there man?" he asked.

"No not really." William replied tentatively.  

"Eh, it's not important anyway... So what's your wish?"

"What wish, what are you talking about?" 

"I am a genie, you rubbed the gem, now you get a wish, capiche?"

"A genie... huh, I thought you guys came in lamps." William said absentmindedly.  He was too busy worrying that he had gone crazy.  But a small part of him was considering the possibilities, thinking of what to wish for if this hallucination was real.  He could have anything, a million dollars, immortality, any superpower, and all the superpowers.  What he really wished was that Stephanie would feel about him the way he felt about her. 

"Yeah I kinda got the short end of the stick." The genie answered interrupting William's train of thought. "Anyway, what's your wish kid?"

"Oh right, well um... there's this girl... um..."

"Spit it out kid, I ain't got all day!"

"Okay. There's a girl in my class named Stephanie Anderson - "

"I got it, hormonal teen boy, I've seen this before. You wanna tap that right?"

"Yes... no! I love her, she's not just a piece of meat to me!" 

"Alright then." said the Genie, losing his patience. "What do you want then?"

I... I want her to love me back. I wish I could be with her forever..." 

Suddenly and without warning, William blacked out.  When he came to, he had no clue where he was, but he was cold.  The terrain he was on was strange, it was firm yet malleable.  When he stepped it left footprints like one would leave in mud, but much deeper. He looked around and saw nothing but a brown barren wasteland for miles. 

"Where the hell am I?" he thought aloud. "Hey Genie, what gives!"

Out of nowhere came a rumbling sound, like a dozen thunderclaps at once. Before him a mile-long metallic figure crashed down into the terrain and buried itself deep within the surface. As quickly as it landed the enormous UFO rose into the sky once more, this time taking a chunk of the land with it. This cataclysm left the world William now inhabited decimated. The action that could only have been performed by a god, or an alien race caused William to fall face first into the muck. 

When he raised his head, William couldn't even see the crater; it was so huge.  All he could see was the gulch it left behind, a stream the same color as the ravine flowed down it.  Some of the muck managed to find its way into his mouth.

"Chocolate?"

He was in an entire world of chocolate? 

"Maybe the Genie got my wish wrong." He muttered to himself. "Hey Genie! Get back here, you got my wish wro-"

William's cries were interrupted by another rumbling, but this time it sounded different, almost like a voice, like the voice of a deity thunderous and deafening. Then he saw it, more accurately, he saw her.  William looked into the sky and saw a monolithic being, blemishes pockmarked the terrain of its face. The face seemed female but he saw slight hairs jutting from its surface.  Looking closer however, he noticed the full ruby lips form into the smile he knew so well, the striking emerald eyes although entire pools to him now were still recognizable.  He continued looking up and saw the reddish-brown hair falling in strands the size of overly large power cables.  

"Steph?" 

Stephanie Anderson was sitting at the lunch table enjoying a chocolate ice cream cup while she waited for her friends to return. She took a spoonful of the frosty treat and ate it. 

"MMM." She purred happily, chocolate was her favorite. She dug the spoon back into the ice cream as she hummed to herself.

William however had discovered a new definition for hell.  The small vibrations used to intonate Stephanie's pleasure sounded like the guttural growl of some cosmic entity. His clothes were soaked as he waded through the muddy saccharine field.  On top of that it was cold, unbearably cold.

"Steph!" He shouted up at the heavens. "Stephanie! Don't eat the ice cream! I'm down here!" of course she couldn't hear him, he was too small.  She could no more hear his screams than she could hear an ant's.  The metallic megalith, now recognized by William as a spoon returned to the surface of the ice cream.  William screamed as he thought it was going to crush him, but luckily it landed right beside him with a resounding crash.  However poor William only 15, was not destined to reach 16.  The spoon dug underneath the section of "land" he was above, and next thing he knew he was soaring high into the sky right in front of his crush. 

William whimpered pathetically as he stared at Stephanie's visage, now quite literally synonymous with goddess-hood. She proceeded to open her mouth revealing a cavern as large as the Grand Canyon. Ivory stalactites and stalagmites lined the gorge, and a fleshy pink monster thrashed in anticipation.  

"Steph No Please!" he shouted, but it was too late. William found himself in darkness with dampness all around him, he could smell minty residue from when Stephanie had brushed her teeth.  There was also a hint of pizza, and of course the overpowering smell of the chocolate that William had become accustomed to by now.  William's ears popped as a change in pressure occurred. He felt himself being compressed while gravity pulled him downwards, ultimately landing in a soupy mixture that smelled horrid.  Almost as soon as he had landed, he began to itch, and then burn.  "This isn't what I wanted. I just wanted her to love me..." William then faded to darkness, his last thought was the irony of it all, he really would be "with her forever."

Stephanie finished the last of her ice cream just as her friends returned.  "Hey," She asked them. "Have any of you guys seen will today?" 

"Nope." Kate one of her friends responded. "You like him, don't you?"

Stephanie turned beet red at this suggestion.

"Don't worry girl." Added Diana her other friend. "Your secret is safe with us."

Kate took a bite of her pizza and said between mouthfuls, "I've seen the way he looks at you Steph, he definitely likes you." 

"You think so Kate?" 

"Definitely." 

"Hey you know what?" Diana interjected, "If Will is too chicken to ask you out, you should ask him out."

"Yeah, man up girl!"  

The three girls laughed as they finished their food.  After school Stephanie thought about what her friends had said, and decided to bite the bullet. "Tomorrow, I'll ask him out tomorrow." She said to herself as she drifted off to sleep.