- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope you enjoy! 

 


I could do nothing while tied up, all I could do was listen to a story that pretty much drove me to tears. Mr. Baggett held a gun up to my face and I could tell that he wasn't going to hesitate when it came to pulling the trigger, he also had a bomb in his possession a bomb powerful enough to destroy the whole entire school all at once and yet even though any rational person would have seen this man as insane, honestly I couldn't blame him. 


 


 


 


 


I had heard stories of the Night of Ordchester, I had heard of how horrible it was for the Lilliputians who where their that day, and hearing Mr. Baggett story I knew that he was a man that had lost everything. Could I convince him to stop, could I convince this man that blowing up this school killing all of the Lilliputian and Gulliverians in the area would not bring his wife back?


 


"I had done research on that horrid day, the Gulliverians that attacked where part of a Gulliverian terrorist organization called the Unseen Order." Mr. Baggett explains with eyes filled with hatred. 


 


"And you know what that isn't the only organization out their, it's not even the most powerful." Mr. Baggett explains. 


 


Mr Baggett hand begins to shake with rage... 


 


"Every race has a myriad of organizations that hide in the shadows, Brobdingnagians, Gulliverians, and even our own Lilliputian brothers make the very idea of coexistence nothing but a dream!" Mr Baggett yells. 


 


What Mr. Baggett said was true. Even though the (UM) had control of most of the known world, not everyone  approved of their methods, even though I was at the very bottom of the Organization I knew that many Gulliverians and Brobdingnagians saw themselves as gods, and their were many  Lilliputians cults that thought the same thing.


 


"Mr. Baggett... peace is something worth fighting for, and even dying for." I say trying to sound convincing. 


 


"No! Not in this world!" Mr. Baggett yells. 


 


Looking at him I knew that Mr. Baggett was to far gone, and it was then that my eyes fell on Gabriel. I knew why Mr. Baggett was doing this. His story explained why he was willing to give up his life, but Gabriel who looked so young, I didn't know his story. 


 


"I have nothing more to explain to a (UM) dog." Mr. Baggett says stepping forward pointing his gun towards my head. 


 


"Worry not this will be quick." Mr. Baggett smiles.


 


I close my eyes ready to face the inevitable and it was then I heard it. 


 


"Wait..."


 


Hearing that familiar voice I open my eyes and look towards its origin.


 


"What is it Gabriel?" Mr Baggett asks obviously not liking being interrupted. 


 


"Do we really have to do this?" Gabriel asks not willing to look the crazy janitor in the eyes. 


 


Mr. Baggett for a few moments says nothing as he looks at Gabriel. 


 


"Have you forgotten all of the pain you have experienced?" Mr Baggett asks. 


 


"Have you forgotten what happened to your family, your friends, your hometown?"


 


Hearing Mr. Baggett words I look at Gabriel with shock and Confusion, was Gabriel a survivor of Ordchestor like Mr. Baggett. If he was that would explain a lot.


 


"I haven't, but killing all of these people...." 


 


"BANG!" 


 


The sound of gun fire echoes through the room as Gabriel fall to the ground his stomach bleeding profusely.


 


"Gabriel!" I yell not willing to believe what I had witness. 


 


"You Bastard, how could you, he was your teammate, your comrade?!" I yell struggling to free myself from my constraints. 


 


"Oh please, that little shit stopped being my comrade the moment he called all of those things up their people." Mr. Baggett eyes turn cold.


 


"Gulliverians are nothing but monsters and the Lilliputians that worship them and live with them are only dogs."


 


I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This guy really was crazy. 


 


"Speaking of dogs I'm going to put you down like the dog you are." Mr. Baggett says with a smile returning the point of his gun back to my head.  


 


I began to panic as I looked at the weapon that would bring my death. I was going to die. 


 


Mr. Baggett with a crazy smile softly says. 


"Good bye." 


 


"S-STOP!!!" I yelled in panic as my heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest, all I could do was shield myself with my hands. 


 


It was only for a few seconds but it felt like hours as I waited for the pain of pierced flesh, and the cold hand of death. But they never came. 


 


Once again I open my eyes and see something that didn't  make sense. Mr. Baggett wasn't moving as he continued to point his gun at me, no it seemed like he couldn't move, like something was forcing him to remain still. 


 


"W-what's happening?" Mr. Baggett struggles to say. 


 


I didn't know what I was witnessing, but I had been saved and the bomb had not been armed.


 


"I'm saved..." I whispered as I took a deep breath of air. 


 


My focus turns to Gabriel who laid on the ground covered in his own blood. I looked at him in pity, I wanted to know why he was willing to go so far. 


 


"AHHH!" I yelled as my head was stricken with a mysterious pain. 


 


"What's happening?" I ask as my eyes start to burn. 


 


My eyes opened slightly once again fall on Gabriel and it was then that I saw something that turned my blood cold. 


 


In my mind I saw a city surrounded by large fields of green lush grass, and beautiful blue lakes, it was truly a wonderful sight and yet it wasn't these luxurious scenes that demanded my attention, no right above the city, in the domain of the cloudy sky, it fell like a meteor, a giant foot that easily dwarfed any Gulliverian and any one mountain. What I saw brought only one word to mind. 


 


 


 


"Brobdingnagian."

Chapter End Notes:

Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234