- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please enjoy and commit! 

I didn't know if I was losing my mind, had the stress finally gone to my head? I was seeing things in my head, and I was pretty sure that was not a good sign, and what I was seeing was enough to drive any rational mind insane. 


 


I had never seen a Brobdingnagian before. I mean I saw them on TV, in Documentaries, heck I even study them in school but never before had I truly seen one, and let me tell you this the big screen and Text Book did not give them justice. 


 


What I saw was to big to be a human being, to massive to be called a regular person. As my vision fell on Gabriel I saw gigantic pillars that rose high into the sky. Those were legs gigantic endless legs.


 


"This isn't the Gulliverian night." I whispered struggling to talk as I watched the scene that played through my mind. 


 


The Brobdingnagian was to tall for me to see a face, but I knew that it was a woman that stood over the whole city, and with a thunderous giggle that was strong enough to shake the whole city with ease, and so grand that it was hard to believe that it came from a human being, I knew that this gigantic woman meant the whole city nothing but harm. 


 


I felt strange as I gazed at this monolith, I was seeing her but it was like I was using someone else's eyes, and it was with these eyes that I watched as the Brobdingnagian stood perfectly still casting the whole city in shadows. I wasn't sure but from below it looked like she was studying the city. 


 


It came with a sudden scream, and panic of the Lilliputians below, it came with the smell of pungent foot sweet combined with the sweet smell of lotion that was concealed in the air, all of these seemed to herald the end as the once blue cloudy sky was replaced by a skin colored ceiling.  


 


I understood what I was seeing in my mind, it was a foot bigger than a whole entire Lilliputian city, supporting toes that could hold up the foundation of many skyscrapers. It was like I was baring witness to the end of the world as the sky itself began to fall.


 


The images I my mind soon disappear and I was left looking at Gabriel who continued lying on the ground bleeding out. 


 


I could hear Gabriel's struggles when it came to breathing, he was alive but for how long?


 


I look over at Nolan Baggett, the son of a Bitch that shot Gabriel without reason, and he was about to shoot me a few moments ago but for some reason he wasn't moving, it was as if he was frozen in invisible ice. 


 


Seeing Gabriel cough up his own blood, I ignore Mr. Baggett who continued not to move and ran over to Gabriel. 


 


"Gabriel hold on!" I yell as I sit down next to Gabriel. 


 


I wasn't a doctor and yet I could tell by Gabriel's wounds that he was severely injured, and yet with my hands tied up behind my back I couldn't do much.


 


"Don't worry. I'm going to go get help." I say getting ready to run and find someone.


 


"S-stop..." 


 


Feeling a soft tug on my pants leg I turn and face Gabriel, whose lips and cheeks where covered in red blood. 


 


"Please stay here..." Gabriel says softly as he looks into my eyes.


 


"Gabriel if you don't get treated soon you will die." I say trying to help Gabriel understand the situation. 


 


Gabriel struggles to reveal a painful bloody smile. "I want to die." Gabriel declares with such a certainty that I knew  he was serious. 


 


I was a lost for words, how could anyone be willing to give up their life so easily. 


 


Gabriel reading my expression says with grief and a certain margin of peace... 


 


"M-my family is dead..." 


 


Hearing Gabriel speak those words I thought back to the Brobdingnagan I saw in my mind.


 


"You heard about the night of Ordchestor..." Gabriel says with almost lifeless eyes. 


 


 


"Let me tell you my story before I die... let me tell you about the destruction of Lillsprings

Chapter End Notes:

Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234