- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hello this is my first story here

English is not my first language so Criticism is welcomed

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Just a little intro to the world and the MC

 

“Today’s the day” I said to myself as I reached my new home. I was moving into the city to attend University and was going to live alone for the first time. I was from a small town from the outskirts of the city and had always wanted to live in the big city. I had been trying for over a year to find a nice apartment that was close to my college and could accommodate my kind.

 

“My kind?”, you may be thinking, well you see I am not a normal human being, my name is Lucas and I am a ‘Tiny’. Over 300 years ago there was a virus outbreak that affected the entire world. Nobody knows its origin but it had a special characteristic that it only affected the ‘Y’ chromosome. It caused a mutation in the DNA of the males causing them to shrink down to around an inch tall. Luckily the virus wasn’t very infectious and affected around a quarter of the population. But the infected genes could be passed on to their children and a 25% chance to be infected. At first society didn’t know how to deal with this but over the years of fighting and debating for rights the ‘Tinies’ are on the same level of humans. Even though Humans and Tinies are treated equally by law it was still advisable to always live with a human for protection since the tiny laws were not always enforced. Anyway back to the story.

 

My apartment building was special since it could house both humans and tinies. Tiny’s apartment were built in between the walls of two normal apartments. It was only a G+1 building with 10 normal and 8 tiny apartments. The tiny apartments were similar to the normal apartment except of course smaller. The apartments were simple consisting of a living room, a bedroom, bathroom, toilet, kitchen. It was a steal considering the cheap price.

 

My college was a 1 hour walk (for me) from my apartment which was the closest I could get. The college did offer dorm rooms for tinies but I didn’t want to live there after hearing the scary stories of bullying and ragging of tinies in the dorms. I had experience with bullying in the past but I was lucky to have my sister and brother be there for me. I was the only tiny member in my family.

 

My dad carried the infected genes but wasn’t infected himself. I had always been living in the protection of my family, but now I was alone in the big city all by myself, the thought terrified me as well as excited me, I didn’t have any interaction with humans except my family and a few people in my town. I wanted to experience the world own my own.

 

I had finally finished moving in and unpacking. College wasn’t starting until next week so I had enough time to get used to my surrounding and get to know my new neighbours. I couldn’t wait to start my new independent life.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

This is just the intro, things will pick up in future chapters