- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This will not be completed for sometime, I am bogged down with work and friends and don't have the time to update regulary. Hope you enjoy.

-------------------------------------
The footsteps became louder as she approached, the Private standing guard outside the conference room felt like each echo was another nail driven into his neck. General Stowe stepped in front of him, the young soldier giving off a crisp salute despite the coldness given off by the woman.

"Good afternoon Ma'am!" he said, less than enthusiastic.

Stowe have him no look, instead retrieving her passkey from her uniform and swiping the card over the front of the lock, the tumblers flipping over and the door slighly opening to allow the officer in.

Inside the Conference Room sat twelve other high ranking officers, the lowest among them was the Colonel, excluding the civilians. Stowe took her seat at the head of the table, her eyes meeting the laptop that had been preplaced before her.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, as you know I am Major General Stowe, no need for introductions." announced the woman.

She quickly opened the laptop, pulling up the secure files labled TITAN on the desktop. The projector facing the oppisite side of the room immediately responded, displaying the presentation on the wall. Stowe cycled through the first through slides, allowing everyone in the room to take in the information.
"Another TITAN program?" blurted the civilian contractor.

"General Stowe, how do you expect to gain funding for a third attempt at a supersoldier program, CENTCOM has made it clear that they doubt the technology behind the concept" asked Colonel Parowsiki.

"Colonel, TITAN III is far more advanced that we could have ever hoped for our first two could ever become back then, the scientists working on the idea have proved in lab tests that the T3 program could, and will work" replied Stowe, switching to the next slide.

"On the note of funding, our team has already found that corporations would be interested in the research that we wish to do."

"You would allow private corporations to fund and be involved in this project?"

"To a limit, we would only release... nonessiential data, things that would not pose a threat to anyone, and hopefully help with medical advance."

Stowe watched as the faces in the room were contorted, the officers obviously seemed to be critical of the idea already.