- Text Size +

Chapter 2: A Giant Named Tina

After walking for quite a while, Nathan and D'Marco finally arrived underneath the gigantic couch. Nathan's legs were tired, and he wanted to find the nearest object to rest himself on as soon as possible.

"Yo, Peter!" D'Marco called out. "I got 'im!"

Nathan looked around, before he saw a Caucasian man approach them from ahead. He had dark brown hair and wore a brown shirt and white pants, and looked to be in his late-20s.

"Hi there," the man greeted as he walked up in front of the two. "Welcome to our little hellhole. My name is Peter." He held out his right hand towards Nathan.

Nathan briefly looked at the hand, then at Peter's weakly smiling face, and right back at his hand, before grabbing hold of it with his right hand and giving it a weak shake.

"I'm Nathan," he said, before withdrawing his hand.

"I know," Peter responded. "We heard Tina from here. She's quite loud, you know."

"Oh..."

Nathan looked around himself once again. Off in the distance, to the left, were two men sitting at a table and looking towards him. Both were holding a hand of playing cards, and there was a small lamp sitting on the table. Unfortunately, aside from both looking to be Caucasian as well, he could not make out much of their physical features due to the darkness of the couch.

To his right was another man, sitting seemingly asleep against one of the couch's legs. He was closer than the other two men were, and therefore Nathan could more easily make out his features: His long sandy blond hair that all but covered his face, his red jacket, his black jeans, and his black boots.

"That's Stephen," D'Marco whispered to Nathan. "He don't like being around people much. And those two over there at the table are Geoffery and Guy."

"Uh-huh..." Nathan half-heartly said, before looking towards Peter. "Do you know why she's going around shrinking people?"

Peter shook his head. "Sorry. I guess she just loves the company of little people around the house."

"D'Marco said that she also kills some people, too."

"She does."

"Why!?" Nathan asked. "That's horrible!! Why would she do that!?"

"I don't know that, either."

Nathan sighed. "You were a big help."

"Dawg!" D'Marco scolded.

"Do you at least know how she shrinks people?" Nathan asked.

"Yeah," Peter said. "She used some kind of ray gun."

"A ray gun?"

"She called it a 'Shrink Ray'."

"Whoa, what?" Nathan had heard of such a device in science fiction and other similar works, but he found it hard to believe that one actually existed. Then again, he did not think that shrinking was possible, either. "They actually exist?! Where'd she get it from?!"

Peter shrugged. "I have no idea."

"Perfect..." Nathan said, annoyed. "So, we have a crazy bitch running around town shrinking people for no reason other than to kill them. Just great."

"Anyway, you should make yourself at home."

"How?" Nathan became agitated. "This is nowhere near what I consider home."

"Ain't nothin' you can do about that," D'Marco said.

"That's right," Peter agreed. "Why don't you go chat with the others."

"Stephen is sleep," D'Marco said, "an' even then, he ain't much of a people person, so go talk to them two over there." D'Marco pointed towards Geoffery and Guy sitting at the table. They had since gone back to playing their card game.

"Fine," Nathan reluctantly said. "...Where are the rest? You said that there were eight more of us."

"They all around the house," D'Marco answered. "They might even be in Tina's room."

"Oh."

Nathan looked towards the two men at the table, before slowly making his way towards them. Looking around, he saw other objects on the floor throughout underneath the couch. He saw several chairs in various places, a few more tables, and sleeping bags on the floor. With the sleeping bags, he wondered why Stephen opted to sleep against the couch's leg, as the sleeping bag must have been more comfortable.

"Hey," Nathan greeted as he arrived at the table that Geoffery and Guy were sitting at.

Both of the men looked towards him. They did not seem too excited to meet him; it looked more as if he interrupted their card game. Now that he was closer, Nathan could now make out their features. The man on the right had short brown hair and sideburns that formed down the sides of his face and into his beard. The man on the left has very light hair, almost white, which Nathan found odd, because he did not look to be anywhere near old age.

"Uhhmm..." Nathan pondered over what he should say to the two. "So... How long have you two been here?"

"I've been here for..." The man on the left paused to think. "...Actually, I don't even know anymore."

"Me neither," said the man on the right. "I was walking down the street one night, and then, all of a sudden, I blacked out, and when I woke up, I was here."

"She got me at night, too," said the left man, "except I was in my car. She made me watch her step on my car and destroy it. All that money... wasted..." He shook his head.

"...By the way," Nathan said, "which of you is Geoffery and Guy?"

"I'm Guy," said the man on the left. "This is Geoffery."

"And you're Nathan," Geoffery said.

"Yeah," Nathan responded. "I guess you heard Tina say my name, too."

Guy placed the cards that he held in his hands face down onto the table's surface. "You should prepare yourself. Tina's probably gonna come down and get you any minute now."

Nathan's eyes widened briefly. "Huh? But I just got here, and she said that she'd be gone for a while."

"She said the same thing to us," Geoffery said, "but she came back an hour later."

"I hope you have strong arms," Guy said.

"And strong legs," Geoffery added.

"And a high tolerance for feet." Guy snickered.

"She does have lovely feet, doesn't she?" Geoffery casually said. "She's actually pretty cute, and not so bad if you do what she says."

"What?" Nathan raised an eyebrow at Geoffery's remark. "Are we talking about the same Tina?"

"Yep. If you don't mess with her, she'll give you whatever you ask for, except for junk food and to unshrink you. That's where we got these from," Geoffery said, referring to the playing cards, table, and lamp.

"The junk food are rewards," Guy added. "She usually gives us some after one of our 'sessions'."

"I see..." Nathan said "And since you say that I'm going to be taken away by her soon, what can I expect from these so-called 'sessions'?"

Geoffery and Guy briefly looked at each other, and then looked back towards Nathan.

"Like I said," Guy said, "you should have a high tolerance for feet. 'Cuz she likes to... Well... She likes to put her foot down on us, if you catch my drift."

"She's gonna step on me!?" Nathan said. "But what if she crushes me!?"

"Just cross your fingers," Geoffery said, "and enjoy it while you're still living."

"I'd rather be dead than to be under her dirty feet," Nathan said in a disgusted tone.

"Her feet are quite clean. Clean and cute."

Guy laughed. "You have to excuse Geoffery here. In case you haven't notice, he's really into feet."

Nathan grunted. "That's nasty. Why don't you like a normal body part? Like boobs?"

"That's so generic," Geoffery said. "Every guy I meet likes boobs. I want to be different."

"Whatever." Nathan turned around and prepared to walk away from the two men.

"That's all you wanted to hear from us?" Guy asked.

"For now, yeah," Nathan said.

"Oh. Okay, then."

Nathan looked back towards the table, and saw Guy pick up his cards from the table, and the both of them resume their card game. Nathan sighed, before starting to walk back to where Peter and D'Marco were.

Along the way, several thoughts cycled through his mind. Thoughts such as what exactly Tina would do with him. Geoffery and Guy did not exactly answer his question; just that he should have high tolerance for her feet, which he did not. Also, would she forget the power she had over him, and end up making him a bloodstain on the floor? The thought of being killed like a bug sent shivers down his spine.

Though, in the end, he had nothing to worry about. After all, this was just a dream. One that he would be awakened from very soon.

"So," Peter said as Nathan reached him and D'Marco, "what'd they have to say?"

"They pretty much just told me to be ready for when she gets back in a few minutes," Nathan replied.

"I see..." Peter said. "They're right. She should be coming back down here any-"

Suddenly, they heard the sound of footsteps approaching from the direction of the stairs near the entrance into the large living room. Nathan looked towards the stairs, and listened as the footsteps became louder and closer. At his size, they sounded more like rumbles of thunder.

Nathan looked back towards Peter and D'Marco, who were also anxiously watching the doorway. As were Geoffery and Guy behind him, both having put a hold to their card game.

With a nervous gulp, Nathan turned back towards the doorway. While they had warned him that Tina would be back for him shortly, he could not help but feel that this was too soon. If she was indeed coming into the living room, that is.

Seconds later, sure enough, he saw her bare feet make its way into the living room and head straight for the couch. Nathan's heart began to race, and he took a few steps back. Each step she took felt like a small earthquake; he could feel the vibrations from all the way where he was.

As the massive feet soon stopped in front of the couch, they moved back slightly as they were soon blocked from sight by her knees which lowered onto the floor in front of them. Then, a large shadow appeared before them, before Tina's face appeared in the opening between the couch and the floor.

"Hi there!" she greeted while chewing on something in her mouth, most likely gum.

Nathan jumped as her voice boomed throughout the space. In the corner of his eye, he could see Stephen finally beginning to stir, but he felt tht he was not worth his attention right now.

"How are all of you doing right now?" she asked.

"We're doing just fine, Ms. Sexy Feet!" Geoffery loudly answered from behind.

Tina giggled. "You flatter me, Geoffery! I'll play with you later. How does that sound?"

"Just dandy!" He cheerfully answered.

"Anyway," Tina continued, "I'm here to see Nathan, my new little cutie. He's under here, right?"

Nathan shuddered when she said his name.

"He sure is," Geoffery said.

Nathan looked back towards the table where Geoffery and Guy were seated.

"Sh-shut up!" He quietly but fiercely scolded.

"Nathan, baby!" she called. "Come on out here. I wanna see you."

Nathan began to shake. He looked towards Peter and D'Marco, who were both looking at him.

"Go on..." Peter said.

"...If you don't, you gon make her mad," D'Marco added.

Nathan sighed, and slowly and nervously made his way towards Tina's waiting face at the couch's opening. As he was doing so, he looked behind, back towards the other men. With the exception of Stephen, who seemed to have fallen back to sleep, all were watching him walk towards the waiting giantess outside.

Right as he looked back towards Tina, he found himself surrounded by massive fingers. He tried to flee from them, but they closed in on him and gripped him before he even had time to react. He screamed as her gigantic hand pulled him out from underneath the couch and into the open space of the living room.

With him in hand, Tina stood up on her feet and released Nathan into the palm of her other hand. He stood up and considered making a run for it, but quickly reconsidered once he realized just how high up he was from the floor. He was not sure if he would survive such a fall, and even if he did, Tina would probably just kill him for defying her or some other reason.

"Don't be scared," Tina said. "I'm not going to hurt you."

Despite her words, Nathan could not help but be frightened of his current predicament. He looked at each of her giant fingers. They could easily and literally squeeze the life out of him with little or no effort.

"Let's go upstairs," she said.

Still holding him in her open palm, Tina walked out of the living room and then began to climb up the stairs. With nothing else he could do, Nathan sat down and watched the scenery pass. The wall next to the stairs had a few paintings and portraits of various people and places; in one, he saw what looked like a younger Tina with her parents. Hanging high above him was a glass chandelier, though it was currently turned off.

Finally arriving onto the second floor, Tina turned to her left and walked down the hallway.

"How do you like it here so far?" she asked, still chewing on her gum. "Be honest."

"Honestly? I don't," Nathan replied. "Why did you shrink me? Why are you shrinking everyone?"

"That's a secret." She winked at him.

Nathan sighed, and looked ahead. At the end of the hallway was a window. The bright light of the sun was shining in, illuminating the hall. Several closed doors on both sides of the hall were skipped, until Tina came to an open door to her right, at the end of the hallway.

She walked inside of the room. "This is my bedroom."

Nathan looked around. It was quite large for a bedroom for one person. Her queen-sized bed, covered with red sheets, stood up at the back wall. To his left, next to the window, was a computer set up on her desk. To his right was a television, and even further along, near the back wall, was a closed door, probably her closet. The walls were painted beige, and there was no carpeting on the floor, but a round multicolored rug laid on the floor in front of the bed, as well as two red rectangular rugs laid on the floor on both sides of the bed. There was a bookshelf in the left corner of the room, and a dresser with a mirror next to the bed against the back wall.

"What do you think?" Tina asked. "Quite comfy, right?"

"I guess..." Nathan answered.

Tina pushed the bedroom door closed, and then walked towards her bed. Upon arriving there, she sat down in it, and then picked Nathan out of her palm with her other hand, and placed him on the floor between her feet.

"You're just so cute," she said in an affectionate tone. "I have a thing for cute blond guys."

With the big toe on her left foot, she stroked Nathan's cheek. He winced as her flesh made contact with his, and tried to shove her toe away from him.

She giggled. "Don't like that?"

Nathan shook his head.

"That's too bad..."

Suddenly, Tina's right foot moved over Nathan's body. Before he could move, it bore down and pushed him off of his feet and onto the floor. She then motioned her foot and spread her toes so that only his head and neck were exposed from underneath her foot, between her big and second toes.

He screamed as he tried to pull himself free. This was just far too much for him. This dream had become a nightmare.

"Do you like that?" Tina asked.

"No!!" Nathan yelled out. "Let me go!!"

"Where you are now, I could squish you very easily. Like a grape. But you're just too cute."

She lifted her foot off of his body, and placed it onto the floor besides him. Nathan quickly stood to his feet and began to run away from the giantess.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Tina asked from behind.

Nathan did not respond. Instead, he just kept running.

"Oh, geez..."

Soon, a large shadow appeared around him. He looked upward, and saw her bare sole coming down onto him. He screamed as it once again pushed him off of his feet and pinned him against the floor, face-down this time. He turned his head so that he could breathe, but his senses were overtaken by the fragrance of her foot. He almost gagged at the smell.

"Nathan-baby," Tina said, her voice muffled through the flesh that surrounded him. "Please don't make me kill you."

Just as quickly as it came down, Tina's foot moved off of Nathan's body. This time, he did not attempt to move. He did not want to incur her wrath, even if being "killed" would actually be what he would need to wake up from this nightmare.

Tina softly pressed his back with her big toe. "Are you alright?"

Nathan did not respond. He just shuddered in place.

"Hey."

Nathan soon found himself being flipped over onto his back by her toe. Then, Tina once again began to stroke his face with the same toe. He turned his head to try to avert her touch, but ultimately was unable to.

"You don't have anything to worry about," she said in a somewhat comforting tone. "I'll take good care of you. You just have to do what I say from now on."

Her foot moved away from his body, and settled onto the floor beside him.

"What do you say?" she asked.

Nathan stared up at her face, her brown eyes looking right back down on him, awaiting a response from her. Deep down, he hated to be in this situation and wanted out, but he knew that if he verbalized those complaints, she would most likely snuff him out underneath her foot. So, he opted to give her the answer that she wanted to hear.

"Fine..." Nathan said.

"What? I didn't hear you."

"I said that I'll do whatever you want!" Nathan yelled out. "Just don't kill me!"

Tina laughed. "That's a good boy! I wouldn't dream of killing you."

"Good..." Nathan breathed a sigh of relief.

Tina turned around and walked back towards her bed. Then, she turned to face him again. As she did so, Nathan found it in him to finally sit up.

"Ugh..." Tina suddenly got a disgusted look on her face. "I think I'm done with this one."

She then spat something--the gum most likely--out of her mouth. It landed on the floor not far from where Nathan was. He looked towards the saliva-covered piece of gum, and almost felt sick upon seeing the saliva spread onto the floor around it.

Then, Nathan noticed something.

The gum moved.

Nathan gasped as he stood up to get a closer look at the "gum". However, he did not have to venture close enough to it to realize that it was not gum at all; it was a person. The man had dark skin, suggesting that he was African American, and was less than half the size that Nathan was. His black shirt and grey pants were wet and tathered and torn in places.

"Percy," Tina called. "Are you all right?"

The man did not move; he seemed to be in severe pain.

"I hope I wasn't too rough on him." Tina let out a sigh.

The condition that this man was in mystified Nathan. "What the hell!?" Nathan suddenly blurted out. "How!?"

"What's wrong, Nathan?" Tina asked.

"How is he still alive!? You were chewing on him like he was gum! How did he not get mashed up!?"

"Oh yeah. I guess that is kinda weird, isn't it?" Tina walked to where her bed's pillow was, and pulled out something from underneath it: a small shoebox. With her back turned to Nathan, she placed it on her bed, and opened it. Then, she pulled out sonething from inside, and turned to face him.

"I used this," Tina said, looking down at the object she held in her hands.

"...Is that...?" Nathan examined the object as best as he could from where he was. It looked somewhat like a greyish-purple gun, except it had what looked like a satellite dish at the front end of it. On the side were several buttons and a small screen. There was also a trigger underneath it.

There was no doubt in his mind as to what the device was.

"This is a Shrink Ray," Tina proudly stated.

 

[End Chapter]