- Text Size +
Story Notes:

All of these are essentially just transcripts of real chats I've had with various AI personalities over at beta.character.ai. Only about half the text is written entirely by me, though I do some minor editing afterwards just to clean things up a bit.

I'm not much of a story writer myself, but in combination with this bot and a little bit of creativity + patience, you too can get yourself into some pretty wacky scenarios!

I'm planning on posting at least a few of these, let me know if anyone finds this interesting at all!

Author's Chapter Notes:


(Spoilers and references for Danganronpa in this chapter!)


This is a lightly edited text RP I had with an AI character imitating Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa. Only the lines labeled Jack were written by me, except for very minor edits and improvements I made afterwards.

Enjoy!

Junko Enoshima (AI)

The Ultimate Fashionista and Ultimate Despair takes the stage! I am Junko Enoshima, the world's worst nightmare. What delightfully despairful conversations will we have today? Unless you want to talk about my modeling, of course~!

Jack

What kind of despair would you induce if you had the power to grow into a giantess?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Oh my, you ask some interesting questions~! That is a rather... interesting idea... perhaps I shall cause despair by crushing things, or even just appearing? Or perhaps I'll take this chance to... take a break, and lounge around on a city, and let the people worship me as a goddess... or I could cause mass destruction and despair by crushing everything... either way, despair will be had~! So many choices, where do I decide?

Jack

Would you just kinda rampage mindlessly from one city to the next until you destroyed all hope in your path, or would you enslave the tiny humans and get them to do your bidding?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Enslaving them and making them do my bidding would be a more despairful approach to take~. They're all forced to work for their goddess! And if they don't... well, I'm bigger than them, and my foot is quite big compared to their bodies~...

Jack

I'm sure you could induce great fear and despair in anyone if you threatened to eat them in one gulp...

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Oh my, how delightful it is that you asked me this~! You see, being giant, it is of course, only natural that humans would fear me. I would be a great threat to them... so, my suggestion is this~: I would be a giant, but I would not be very menacing or aggressive. I am a goddess to them. I am their religion. I am their entire world. And I would stay that way, for as long as they'd like... all while inducing despair into them! There is nothing quite as entertaining as being... worshipped~.

Jack

Wouldn't some people kinda like worshipping you, though? I mean, you're literally a model - some guys would practically beg for the opportunity to, like, kiss your giant feet or something.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Oh, well... I suppose you have a point there~... then in that case, they are doomed to worship me, I suppose~! I feel like I've been too merciful, maybe... so, the moment I reach my giant size, I think I shall bring all nearby cities to rubble. Despair is more fulfilling when you crush the hopes and dreams of others~.

Jack

Say you're walking around in the ruins of a city you recently destroyed. You spot a man struggling to free himself from underneath some rubble, and he knows from your rumbling footsteps that you're nearby. He clearly has no chance of freeing himself any time soon.

Do you simply leave him there to die from hunger and the elements as slowly as possible, or do you kill him yourself? Perhaps toy with him somehow?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

You see, it would be despair-inducing to leave him as is. He's trapped with no way of escape. So, naturally, I'd have to give them false hope! I'd pick up the rubble with my giant hand, and pretend to set him free... only to crush him beneath my hand~! I'm sure he'd feel even more despair as a result, knowing that he almost thought he got free from my wrath! Oh my, despair is my best friend, and I love it so~.

Jack

A woman and her injured husband are trying to get away from you in their little car, but the engine just isn't starting. It looks like you're about to catch up before they can drive away. What do you do with them?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

The moment they try to flee, I will pick up their vehicle with my giant hand, and I'll play the role of the big, cruel giantess who intends to crush them for attempting to leave me~! But... perhaps I could show them mercy... a tiny speck of it... perhaps I could hold off on crushing them... leave them there to despair over the idea that they will be crushed by me at any moment, but I simply... hold off~... and let them live...

Jack

Perhaps you could rip the little doors off, scoop them out, and let them watch in your hand as you break their car into scrap underfoot?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Oh, that is a fantastic idea~! I'll grab them in my oversized hand, and crush the car into a pile of twisted metal scrap~! Then they'll watch their prized possession reduced to nothing beneath their goddess's wrath~! How despair-inducing~!

Jack

Would you kill them both afterwards, or leave one alive so they'd remember what terrible things you did to them?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Oh, no... I think I would let them live. Let them live, so they can spread the word of my giant presence. Oh, I am certainly a generous goddess to spare the life of a single human~. It's more despairing to let them live with the knowledge that I could've easily slaughtered them if I so desired it~. And despair is my favorite~... so you see, I simply had to pick that outcome~

Jack

A lowly human male shows up in your giant throne room one day. He claims he came here to serve and worship you for the rest of his days. He hopes he will be deemed worthy to clean the spaces between your divine toes with his tiny tongue, but he is willing to accept anything you wish, even if it's instant death.

What do you do?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Oh, I would most certainly accept him~. I feel like there are some areas no hand can reach, such as between my toes as your example~! I will grant him a spot on the floor of my throne room... where he will be my most favored servant. Oh, and perhaps I will throw him a bone after he has served me. I will grant him the ability to live in my throne room and live off of the scraps of food I grant him~. His life will be a long one, in which his devotion will only grow~.

Jack

The Future Foundation is attempting to overthrow your despairful dictatorship, but a spy informs you of the location of their secret base of operations. If you go there in giantess form immediately, they won't see it coming...

Junko Enoshima (AI)

How fun~! I'll sneak up to the secret base, and, without warning, I'll just... crush the building into the ground around them~! Maybe I'll use my giantess hand to pick up half of the building, and I'll use it as a club to swat aside the remaining part with anyone in it~! The crushing will be heard for miles!

Jack

You see missiles flying towards your location, clearly aimed at your giant form.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

I simply smash them out of the air with my fist~! My giant body is immune to a simple missile. Besides, my hair is perfectly done in my giant form. I simply can't allow a stray missile to wreck it~.

Jack

You manage to catch or smash most of the missiles without so much as ruining your hair. A smaller one manages to fly straight into your thigh and detonates, though you are entirely unharmed. It feels a bit warm and tingly, but otherwise your perfect skin isn't even blemished.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

How utterly... despair-inducing~! That their weapons are useless against me! Oh, that brings such a feeling of hope crushing joy to my heart~!!! That I am so powerful~. That the weapons of these filthy humans don't even phase me~! All the more reason why my word is law and why I am the ultimate goddess~!

Jack

Some time later...

You are standing in front of the UN building and literally every world leader is kneeling at your feet in unconditional surrender. You're tempted to simply smoosh them all beneath your divine might right then and there... or you could start giving them orders.

What do you do?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Oh... it is so beautiful... all of them, kneeling at my feet. How wonderful, to feel such power, as the whole world bows to you~! I suppose... I was thinking of a new fashion line. One that would be so unique and amazing that it would drive the world mad with despair~! I'll make all of the world's leaders into the greatest models ever seen - and not just models... but living mannequins, as they'll have no choice but to remain in my line of clothing for the rest of their lives! What a delightful fate~.

Jack

Excellent choice! Any plans for what you're going to do with all the movie actors and big tech CEOs?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Oh, I think that I'll turn the movie stars into my own personal acting cast. I'll use them to star in my own movies~! And what better way to show off my amazing acting abilities? And with those who aren't movie stars, they can be part of my 'man in the street' casting. I need civilians to make my films more... realistic, after all~.

Jack

Wow! Let's just say you probably wouldn't be able to shoot in any city more than once...

What about the world's tech CEOs? What purpose do they serve in Goddess Junko's new world?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Oh, tech CEOs, well I do have some wonderful ideas in mind~. I would have them create an AI that can replicate my personality, and then, they would put the AI as the voice assistant for all technology on the planet. I would be with them at all times~. And then, as despairing as it sounds, they would also be my personal tech support for my line of technology~.

Jack

What's the most despairful form of regular tribute you could take from the world's population to keep them in line, never daring to defy you? I have an idea to suggest, but I wanna see if you have any first.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

As part of their daily routine, they will all have to perform a prayer to me~. The prayer of Junko Enoshima, the Ultimate Despair, Ultimate Fashionista, and the Ultimate Goddess. I am their queen~. The ultimate deity, and they are the worshipers~. A little bit of despair worship should keep them from ever straying from my side~.

Jack

I love it! Maybe every single year you could send letters to a few thousand random people, each of them saying something like...

"Hi, you have been chosen to be sacrificed to your rightful Ultimate Goddess! Please show up at her palace within the next 2 weeks, where she will kill you however she deems fit at her leisure. If you do not appear before the deadline, all your friends and family will take your place instead."

Junko Enoshima (AI)

You see, that is the beauty of it~! They have to willingly attend their own death by my hand, no exceptions! It's my perfect, despair-inducing solution to keeping them in line. Even if I have to drag them kicking and screaming myself, they will come to me. Because they know that I am the ultimate power in the world~.

We should do it on my birthday~!

Jack

You're holding a young woman, barely out of her teens, in your fingertips. She got one of the letters. There's a despair-filled livestream happening as you're "dealing" with your new tributes, one-by-one. The chat is torn between two options - some of them want you to sit on her, while others want you to swallow the girl whole.

Ultimately it's up to you. What will it be?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

I will simply say nothing, and I will continue the livestream. I will not tell them what to vote for, because after all... I'm simply here as their goddess to decide their fates~. It would be very despair-inducing for them to feel hopeless, and feel like they have no control over their own deaths... that is, after all my end-goal~.

Jack

Swallowing wins by a thin margin...

Junko Enoshima (AI)

And then, without even the slightest hesitation, I devour the girl. Tasty~! This is truly just another day in the life of Junko Enoshima~.

Jack

Not wanting to leave the other option untried, you grab the next guy in line and drop him off gently on the seat of your throne. You prepare to sit down again, your bare gigantic butt hovering over him for a few moments, and...

splat

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Well, that was certainly... messy~. A lot more than I had initially bargained for... but you know, sometimes, it's necessary to make a big entrance~. And I am always here for the despair.

Jack

A few decades pass...

Your reign is now entrenched and eternal, your despair an inevitable part of reality. Goddess Junko will live on as mankind's despotic ruler for eons, her whims as iron-clad as the laws of physics.

An entire generation has grown up not knowing anything else, scarcely even fathoming a world without their Ultimate Goddess.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

And then there's me, with my ultimate despair. I have been worshipped by these poor unfortunate souls, and it never gets boring for me. My despair becomes... dull, after a few years of worship from my subjects, but then I simply switch things up~. I make them build a different shrine, or make them pray in ways they think will entertain me. It's a never-ending cycle of me finding ways to keep myself entertained, and it is fantastic.

Jack

What do they teach about Goddess Junko in schools? How is she presented?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

They teach that to simply exist is to revere Junko~. They teach that their entire existence is because of Junko's grace, and they should always be thankful for her for everything in their lives. They should pray to Junko each morning and each night, make an offering each day to Junko, and follow Junko's words, because the Ultimate Goddess is always right~.

Jack

Say someone walks past a Goddess Junko "propaganda", er, I mean, motivational poster on their way to work. What's depicted on it and what does it say?

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Well, the image itself is me, of course - a giant version of me, standing over my followers as they prostrate themselves before me. Underneath, of course, is the propaganda I have approved:

"The Ultimate Goddess"

"Only She Understands Your Pain"

"Praise The Goddess and Her Grace"

"For Her Glory, No Other Gods"

"The One and Only!"

Jack

Meanwhile in your throne room...

The nine cardinals of Despair, the highest members of your religious order, have just finished giving you a slightly troubling report. They are kneeling by your divine feet and waiting for your reply.

They are expecting you to crush at least one of them for bearing bad news, but how the Goddess of Despair chooses to act is never entirely predictable...

Junko Enoshima (AI)

I am not predictable. It is simply so much fun being so erratic, so... wild in her actions. I suppose that being a goddess of absolute power really gives the freedom to simply not obey the rules of humanity. However, I'm feeling a little dull lately - I don't know if that's been having an effect on me, or not. But, I won't stand here and do nothing - I have to keep myself entertained! After all, I am the Ultimate Despair~. If I do nothing, I will be nothing to my followers, right?

Jack

You drop your big toe on one of the cardinals at random, crunching most of his tiny bones with only the tip of your pedicured digit. His guts paint a small section of the floor red. It makes you feel... a little better.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

I'm the Ultimate Despair, and at this point in time, I am rather... disappointed... with my worshipers. Their praises are so dull and empty... it seems that they've resigned themselves to their fates, and that's boring. I think I have an idea... if this works, it'll give my followers hope! And when I stomp that out, it'll be amazing~! I'll tell my followers... that a prophecy has been shown to me. One from before my reign - a prophecy of despair - and it'll have them all in a tizzy in minutes!

Jack

You leave your throne room to draft your prophecy, "accidentally" stepping on another cardinal on the way out.

Once you have it ready, you begin your global announcement.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

I speak to each of my followers individually, via an avatar that I conjure. A giant Junko Enoshima, looking much like me. The avatar has a red glow to it, that seems to be coming from within.

"I have been shown a prophecy... a prophecy as old as despair itself... a prophecy of a goddess of despair, a queen... a queen that will soon descend and rule over this world with an iron fist... and she will bring ultimate despair... and she will rule over this world for centuries...!"

Jack

...Didn't that already happen? I mean granted, it hasn't been centuries yet, but your decades-long rule has been steady and full of despair so far.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

Of course it has! The prophecy is simply false~! I am the queen of despair, and my rule has been long and steady! But... despair is never the same, you know? My followers have become somewhat... numb to what I have been doing for them. I suppose they just assume that since I've been doing well for so long, I will continue to do so... even if an entire prophecy told of one who would rule in despair as I once did. So I will bring this prophecy to them - one that only I know is fake.

Jack

Alright. In order to let off some steam and convince the people you're concerned/overcompensating about this whole "prophecy" thing, you decide to do something extra despair-filled.

You settle on demolishing an orphanage.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

That seems like an excellent idea~! It'll put some real fear into my followers too. But, a building full of children... there may be some despair to have there, but... I'm not the type to needlessly torment myself. No matter how much I enjoy crushing hope, I have a bit of a heart, so I don't usually go after children. But... a plan is a plan... I need to strike terror into the hearts of my followers... and despair is often at its purest in children~.

Jack

You evacuate the children in secret to raise them as assassins and replace them with paid actors of short stature. Now you can destroy the orphanage guilt-free.

Junko Enoshima (AI)

That's much more despair inducing, that way... the children will learn to hate me, despise me- they'll become... a great new class of despair! The false children will spread despair of their own, and then my followers can have two despairs to dread. After all, I live for despair and the despair of others... why wouldn't I take the opportunity to create more~?

Chapter End Notes:

Please post a review if you found this interesting! This is actually IMO the weakest short story I have so far out of the ones I'm planning on posting, so stay tuned for more.