- Text Size +

Matthew awoke in his new bed and stretched out, letting out a content sigh. Shrinking was possibly the best thing to ever happen to him. He chuckled thinking about how scared he had been at first. He had now been at the government facility for two weeks, and it was serene. He spent most of his day lounging about in his habitat, which had more features than he could count. A realistic home fit to his size, a lawn made of synthetic turf, an electronic noise cancellation feature so normal sized people didn’t disturb him. It even had electricity and running water, all it needed was to be plugged into an outlet. It was truly amazing how nice the place was.

 

Beyond that, Matthew still had access to his bank account and had ordered himself even more luxuries from one of the premier brands specializing in tiny living: Nano’s Choice. He had ordered himself a miniature working tv, a small gym set, an all-new wardrobe, and even a mountain view backdrop for the habitat that gave him an artificial view and sense of normality. When he wanted to, he could ask to socialize with the other tinies in the common area that had been set up, though he rarely did. Why would he, he was already in paradise. The only bother he faced was the daily doctor’s visit to check on his health.

 

Soon he heard the familiar sound of Michaela’s heels approaching and perked up. He jumped out of bed and picked out a nice blue shirt before heading outside to greet her.

 

“Good morning! Bit early for our daily checkup, no? Not that I’ll complain about seeing you more.” He joked, smiling up at her

 

She smirked back at him “It is a bit early Matthew, but I’m not here for your checkup, I have good news. We’ve found you a caretaker! They’ll be here tomorrow to pick you up at 12:00, they seemed very excited to meet you!” she beamed down at him

 

Matthew’s heart dropped “…Oh…really…that’s great I mean; I didn’t realize it would be so soon. Could I not stay here longer?” He faked a smile back at her.

 

“Awww going to miss me huh?” she teased, “I’m afraid not though Mr., we’re already at capacity as is, and besides, you’ll love your new home, I’m sure. Tell you what though, don’t tell anyone and I’ll take you to lunch with me, my treat.” She winked at him

 

“Deal, I’ll see you this afternoon then!” He watched as she walked away, wishing he could stay with her forever. Matthew soon headed back inside his home and plopped down on the Mini couch, turning on his little TV. He reassured himself it would be fine; he trusted the agency to find him someone good. He wondered what his new caretaker would be like though, hopefully someone like himself, refined, well-off, capable. As he lost himself in thought time slipped away and soon It was time for his lunch date with Michaela.

 

The two had a lovely time out, enjoying a meal from the burger place down the street. Matthew munched on one of Michaela’s fries until he was full. The two talked about his life, how he was adjusting, and his future. Matthew almost forgot how small he was while with her, it felt so normal.  Soon it was time to head back to the facility. Matthew spent the rest of his evening lounging about before heading to bed. His stomach churned as he thought of what awaited him, but he assured himself it would be a good day tomorrow.