- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

[Tiffany’s Point of View]

I really don’t how to start this. I started and stopped. I started and stopped. Always deleting my sentences. I guess there is no ‘right’ way to do this.

My name is Tiffany, full name Tiffany Lockhart and before anyone asks … YES, my parents actually named me after a video game character. Firstly because … well our last name is Lockhart and secondly due to me being born on May 3rd but it doesn’t matter. Really because this is not about me.

You see. I was born in 1998 and for the longest time I was the only child in my family. That changed when I was 14 and my mom got pregnant. Kinda surprising but it happened.

So, what … I got a new sibling relatively late and our age gap would be big, nothing THAT unusual.

I hear you ‘Tiffany, get to the point you are losing me’ and I know but like I said… I really don’t know what my goal is or whatsoever. I just … needed to share this.

Everything seemed fine during the first months of mom’s pregnancy … apart from one thing. Her belly was unusually big for the time. Was there more than one baby? Would I get more than one new sibling?

No, I would not as it turned out. It just seemed that this unborn was just … bigger than expected.

Mom was pretty cool about it because, as she told me afterwards, that it reminds her of my time in her. You see, my parents are actually pretty small. My mom is 5 foot nothing … in a good day and my dad is also ‘just’ 5’2.

Me on the other hand, I was always quite tall for my age and I surpassed both of them before I was twelve. Doctors expected me to end up being around 5’8. Spoiler alert: I didn’t. My final height ended up being a tiny bit over 6’0, or 184 centimeters so yeah, I towered over my parents but that’s okay. It was actually pretty funny for me but I lose myself in my story. Again. Sorry.

Anyway. It seemed that my sister-to-be would probably follow in my footsteps. Hehe…footsteps. I imagined. Two tall Lockhart sisters towering over their parents. Would she end up at my height? A little bit shorter or even taller than me? Would it bother me? Back than, I was finding those thoughts amusing…

As her pregnancy went on, her belly got bigger and bigger and it was almost time for the birth of my sister Dorothea. A gave her the name in fact as my parents could not agree on one so they ‘outsourced’ that matter to me and that made me proud.

Due to Dorothea being such a big baby and my mom such a tiny woman, a regular birth was out of the question so it required a C-section. An average baby is about 20 inches tall. I was a tiny bit over 21 inches but Dorothea… how do 23 inches sound? 23 inches…58.5; centimeters…with a mother at barely 5 feet. Highly unusual and from the very first moment on I knew it … Dorothea would outgrow me. I expected it. Little did I know by how much … and when it would happen.

Spoiler alert: I didn’t take her twelve years to outgrow me like I did my parents. Oh, hell no…