- Text Size +

How would you feel if you’ve somehow shrunk down half your normal height over a night and try to carry on living as if everything was normal in the giants’ world? Well it was hard at first, got picked on, beaten up and most of the time mistaken as a child. But it gets easy as time goes on, I might as well tell you my story.

Well then where should I start…I might as well tell you my name…perhaps you heard of me as I’m Paul Small. Yes I know how my last name sounds…I have no idea as to why there’s a last name called that but…anyway back to my story.

It was a normal night back in my room, I was trying to get to sleep but couldn’t because of the dam heat…it was around summer and you know how the nights can be like right? Anyway, it’s gotten so hot that I just had to open my window to get cool air into my room…but that was my…well you can say…it’s my biggest mistake of my life. I don’t remember much as at the time I just thought of it just a crazy dream as in it a bright white light flashed down upon my eyes, blinding me. When I opened my eyes again, I found myself lying on my bed.

I looked at my clock on the bedside, it read seven o’clock and I was like, better get ready for school! So I rushed out of bed, into the bathroom, zooming past my nineteen year cousin Riza Small. “Hay I need a shower!” said Riza as she banged the door. I be right out I said back to her as I was doing my normal business as all boys do when getting up in the morning.

After five minutes or so, I walked out and gone passed Riza without noticing something was different. I got back into my room and got myself changed, I noticed that my clothes felt a little lose but at that time I hardly took note of it. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs and into the kitchen.

“I might as well tell you about my family, you see when I was only ten years old…my parents died in a tragic car crash and my father’s sister decides to take me in as part of her family. My aunt’s name is Sara Small. Sara is a single mother of two daughters, both of which are twins…I just mentioned one earlier on. Anyway my twin cousins are both two years older than me. My cousins’ names are Ritz and Riza. The two of them goes to college but I can’t remember what it is that they’re studying. Well anyway off to school I must go.

I arrived at my school in less than twenty minutes, lessons doesn’t start till eight fifteen which was just under ten minutes from now. During this time, I bumped into my best friend Ronnie Jones…we go way back but I save that for another time. The two of us just talked until the bell went off. The rest of the day went by in a breeze as I went back home…I just pretty much fell asleep as I dropped onto my bed…I must have pretty tired.

As I woke up the next day…I noticed something was strange the moment I sat up and looked around and noticed that things were out of place. As I got out of bed I felt something was little strange with the way my clothes felt but I was properly too sleepy to even notice. I got into the bathroom before Riza or even Ritz wanted to get in.

Boy…I must have been so sleepy that I didn’t even notice that the toilet was just about as tall as my waist. Once I finished my business, I walked out and there stood both my cousins looking at me as if they saw a ghost. I just ignored them as I walked back into my room, with the girls following me but they just stood by the doorway. As I was about to turn to them, I saw a glimpse of my reflection on my mirror and I saw me shrouded in my clothes that was twice as big as they once were.

I didn’t believe it…I slowly walked towards the mirror to take a closer look at myself, I’ve shrunk more than half of my size…as there looking back at me was a three foot teenage boy. I just couldn’t keep it in any longer as I just let a out a loud scream which caused my aunt rushing upstairs to see what the trouble was but as she reached her daughters, she looked shocked as she saw a half pint of boy that was once known as Paul Small.

Slowly the three of them walked into the room as they just couldn’t believe what they can see in front of them. I just looked up at their faces…scared at what’s to come. The twins wished they could stay but felt that they should leave me allow as they headed off towards college.

This just leaves my aunt who just yesterday I towered over but now she towers over me. “It looks like none of your clothes will fit you anymore…better find some old ones to wear” she said as she stood up and grabbed my left hand pulling me along.

Sara dragged me into her room, she pick me up and placed me on her huge bed. I looked down and saw that my feet cannot reach the floor. Sara went through her cupboard and took out a big box and dropped it right next to me. She opened it and I looked inside and saw many of my old clothes that I once worn many years ago. “You…kept these?” I asked as I looked up. Sara just smiled down and answered, “I just wanted to keep the memories of you growing up, in fact I still have my twin daughters’ clothes since they were born all the way till they were you’re age”

From that, Sara took out all of the clothes that she thought might fit me and to surprised me most was that the only clothes that almost fitted me as they were a bit lose was my ten year old ones. From that, I put on some of the clothes…I just couldn’t believe this was happening to me…me…I didn’t do anything wrong so why am I being treated this way.

I didn’t wanted to think much of it so I decided to just go downstairs and watch TV till I could put my head around it.