- Text Size +
"Well, I got everything I need, you?" answered Ritz as she looked at the three of us. "Well, I'm only here to help buy Paul some clothes, apart from that, yeah I done" said Ronnie as she picked up my bags and headed off home.

The bus ride took us thirty minutes to back, Ronnie handed me the bags as she said she needed to go and said she would come by before school starts. The three of us said goodbye to her as we watched her walked off down the street. We slowly walked back inside the house where Sara shouted out, "Is that you girls?"

"Yeah mum, we're back" answered Riza as she and the rest of entered the room that Sara was in.

"Oh that's good, oh right..." said Sara as if she remembered something. "What is it?" I asked as I sat down in the living room. "I've just phoned the Doctor Reeds for your check up tomorrow" answered Sara. "What?" I asked as I didn't want to see my doctor as I have some sort of feeling that she would have my shrinkage known to the world of science.

"Oh don't worry, she is the family doctor and she did want to have the daily check up before you're...you know" said Sara as she tried to make me feel better. "Fine...she may know a way to get my height back" I said as I got back on my feet, with the bags in my hands and headed up into my room. "Oh are those the clothes you and Ronnie bought?" asked Sara as she just noticed the bags.

"Yeah it is" I answered not knowing what was to come of next as she asked to see me in those clothes. Which pretty much took up the whole afternoon, after that I pretty much sat down in the living with the family and watched TV. Afterwards I went to bed, waiting for my first trip to the doctors at my small size. 

The next day at the doctor's office was horrible. I felt like a little child sitting there in the chair not being able to touch the ground. I really did not want to be there, I mean what if I had seen one of my friends? And worse, what if they had noticed it was me?

"Paul Small. Doctor Reeds will see you now," the doctor's assistant called out. This was where the nightmare began. "Come on, hold my hand," Sara said. "What did you tell me to do?! No way. Nu-uh. I'm not a 7 year old." I refused this request over and over. I was already humiliated enough now that I was reduced to half my normal size. The two of us headed off towards a door with that reads Doctor Jessica Reeds on a plate.

When we got to Doctor Reeds' room with my arms cross to keep them away from Sara, we saw the doctor sitting at her desk, busy with her notes. “Welcome Paul, what seems to be the problem?” she asked as she looked up from her notes and only saw Sara. My doctor immediately said "Erm...where's Paul?"

 

Sara looked down and then pointed at me when I said "Uh, hi. I'm... I'm Paul," with me waving her. With that Jessica leaned over her desk to see who's hands belonged to, I looked up at saw my doctor's face had a shocked look as she has her mouth wide open,"What the hell happened to you?" she said as she stood up to get a better look at me.

 

"No bad words please." said Sara. "Sara, stop it! I'm not a child! I am 17 years of age! Do not ever treat me like a child!" "Don't talk back to me young boy!"

After about 5 minutes of arguing, I finally had my check up. With me sitting on her desk while the doctor looks through all the notes and said, "Well, his system checks out. Nothings wrong with his body, except for the fact he was some how shrunk. I recommend that he just try to live you life while we check for some sort of cure. I'm going to send samples into the highest research of medicine,"

And that was it... My story was sent into the world of science... More people are going to know... An overwhelming sense of shame, humility, and fear sank over me. I was afraid that I would be taken in and examined. Jessica picked me and placed me onto the floor, I looked up at her and I just couldn't believe how tall she was, with her high heels gives me the impression that she's six foot something. She patted me on the head, making me fell like I was a kid, which I hated after all, I am seventeen. After that we went home.


When we got home, I  just rushed into my room, pulled a chair climbed on it and put the lock on the door so that no one would be able to enter. I walked up to my bed and sat down on and slowly I felt a huge sense of shame coming over me as I was lost within my own self pity.

Why...why was this happening to me? I did nothing to anyone to have this brought to me, so why...

I felt my cheeks all wet as I found myself crying. I felt lost within the world of giants and after today, I felt that what lies tomorrow, I may feel even more worst than before as it was Monday and despite being this size, I'm going to school. Yeah...like I wanted to go school where I will be treated like a child like Sara did back at the doctors.

Man...why did my doctor say that I have to live my life as if it was normal?

To me, it felt like only like minutes since I began to sulk inside my room but to my surprise it was hours as my door began knocking that brought me back to own thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked trying to hide my weeping voice. "Its Ritz...are you alright?" answered the voice behind the door. "Yeah I'm fine, why you ask?" I asked back as I jumped off my bed. "Its just that mum said you two had a fight at the doctors and you ran off into your room" answered Ritz.

"Why are you asking that? You never worried about the times me and Sara fought" I said. "True but that before you've shrunk, Come on open the door" said Ritz. Feeling a bit guilty, I opened my door by taking the lock off and in came Ritz.

She just sat on my bed and talked for a bit, which was making me feeling a bit better. After that she left and I suddenly felt sleepy as I knew I had a big day tomorrow, it was the day that I have to enter the school of giants.