- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the first story of four in an ebook of mine called "The Downgrade". A wife convinces her husband to shrink once she realizes he's lost control of his life.

It was a night like many others at the Reed household. Mark, having just finished his dinner, pushed back his chair, and rose from the seat. His wife quietly observed him walking to the fridge, grabbing a beer, and then heading towards the living room, where the couch and TV were.

“Mark,” she called him. “Aren’t you going do to the dishes tonight?”

“Sure… in a while, sweetie,” he responded.

Madison sighed. Mark had been turning that way since he lost his job six months ago. He was such a promising man when she first met him, and then that accident had sucked all of his prospects away. The man never returned to his old self, and had quietly resigned to an idle life, deprived of ambition and prospects.

The young woman finished eating her potato salad, then she carried the dirty dishes to the sink. She let out another huge sigh. She knew what was coming next wasn’t going to be easy, but she felt it had to be done.

She went to the bedroom, where she collected a folder and a little box. She carried both items to the living room, where she sat on the sofa next to her husband. He ignored her, absorbed by the TV glow.

“Mark,” she said as she rested her hand on his thigh. “We need to talk.”

“Not now, sweetie. If it’s about the dishes, I’m going to do them after this show is over,” he said, before taking one last sip of beer. He handed the empty bottle to his wife. “Could you bring me another, sweetie?”

Madison shot him an admonishing look. She knew well that Mark wasn’t going to do the dishes that night. He seldom did. He would just keep drinking on that couch until he fell asleep, like any other night.

The brunette took hold of the TV remote and turned the screen off. She looked at her husband with a concerned face.

“Mark...” she whispered.

He looked confused now that the TV wasn’t on anymore, as if the absence of picture and sound physically bothered him. “Is this serious?” he asked.

“Yes,” she nodded. “It’s about us. We can’t go on like this anymore.”

The man looked down. “I know, baby. I know. Trust me. I’ve got it under control. I’m just waiting for an answer from that company, you know, the one my friend Alan works at, and then I’ll be back into it. Once they accept my job request, everything will be like the old times, you’ll see.”

The woman shook her head. “You sent that request three months AGO, Mark.”

“Really?” he murmured. “You’ve got it all wrong, it can’t be.”

“Listen, Mark. You heard about that shrinking technology that’s spreading right now, right?”

“Huh? Of course I did. They talk about it on TV all the time.”

“My friend has one of the devices,” Madison revealed. “I borrowed it from her, actually.”

“Seriously? That’s amazing,” said the man, a grin on his face. “Come on, let me see it. Let’s use it to shrink the neighbor’s dog, or something.”

“It’s not a toy,” said Madison. “The reason she let me borrow it is… that I told her I wanted to use it on you.”

The man looked at his wife with a stupefied face. “You what?”

Madison nodded. She couldn’t look her husband in the eyes. “You’ve been so awful lately, Mark. You don’t bring any money home anymore. I’ve had to ask my parents for a loan, it was so humiliating.”

“I told you we’re going to repay it once I got a new job, baby...”

“Don’t call me baby!” shouted Madison, who was getting emotional. “You haven’t been seriously looking for months now. All you do is get wasted on this couch and hang out with your idiot friends.”

Mark was looking at the floor with a pitiful, defeated look.

“You keep spending money on alcohol and other crap than we can afford,” she continued. “And you never help around the house either. You’ve got so much free time, you could at least afford to clean up after yourself, right? But you never do.”

“Baby...”

“You’ve become worthless,” she cried. “You just take up space. And I can’t do anything about it. I can’t make you stop drinking, I can’t make you sort yourself out. That’s why… that’s why me and Rebecca agreed that the best thing for you was to shrink down, so that I would be able to give you a little discipline.”

“But I...” murmured Mark. He had no clue how to handle his wife's accusations. He knew in his heart that she was right, but he would have never admitted it out loud.

“I don’t wanna shrink, baby,” he protested. “Come on, who the hell does that? I would become the joke of the year if I let you shrink me.”

“You need to,” said Madison. She showed him the pieces of paper she held inside the folder. “I’ve got all things sorted, as you can see.”

Mark took a look at the papers. They were signed both by a local judge and his wife. In them, it was written that he was allowed to shrink to one-third of an inch for an indefinite amount of time, TO the judgment of Miss Madison Vargas.

“You only need to sign them, and then I’ll be able to shrink you,” she said.

"I can't do this," he cried. "One-third of an inch… that's way too small. I thought you meant to shrink me to one foot tall, or something like that."

Madison shook her head. "That size will be perfect for you. You're going to be way more manageable that way. Me and Rebecca agreed on that part. Actually, she said I should make you even smaller." The brunette giggled, and she adjusted her hair. "But I think one-third of an inch is good."

“Even… smaller?” he asked.

"Yeah, like one-tenth of an inch or so. But that size is way too small in my opinion," said Madison. "Like, I could lose you so easily if you were that size, and it'd be difficult even to pick you up," she added as she gestured with the tip of her fingers.

Mark shook his head in disbelief. His wife took his hands in hers. “Please, Mark, you need to sign that paper,” she said.

“But… what am I even going to do once I’m small,” he said.

“The same stuff you do right now,” said Madison. “You’ll hang out with me. I’ll be able to put you in my lap, or in between my breasts,” she teased him. Mark found that part really sexy as he stared at the bulge in his wife’s dress. “It’s not like you do anything but watch TV right now,” she said. “Good news! You can watch TV even at bug size.”

“Hmm...” the man nodded.

“When I go out, I can put you in a little box and carry you in my purse,” she explained. “I got it online, it’s designed for situations like ours,” she said. “Let me get it from my room.”

When she returned, she had a tiny metal box in her hand. She handed it to her husband. He opened it to find that it had comfortable interiors and lights that you could turn on and off.

“You really thought of everything,” he said.

Madison nodded. Mark kept looking at the minuscule box in his hand. It was smaller than a pencil eraser. He hadn’t realized yet how small he would become, but looking at the container in the palm of his hand, he got the full grasp of how puny he was going to be if he accepted his wife’s proposal.

“Maddie...” he whispered. “I need some time to think this over.”

The woman shook her head. “There is no time,” she said. “I need to return the shrinking device to Rebecca tomorrow. She leaves for Japan and she needs the device for herself.”

Mark was lost in thought. “What if I said no?” he asked.

“Then I want you out of this house as soon as possible,” she coldly said.

“But baby...”

“I can’t put up with your antics anymore, Mark. You need to grow up and accept to shrink down. Or leave.”

“Where would I go?”

"That's your problem. Of course, you could just accept my proposal. Think about it. It's very generous of me. Nobody is forcing me to give you this possibility."

“Hmm-mm.”

“My parents said that I should just leave you, and my sister agrees. But in the end, I want to give you a possibility to redeem yourself.”

Mark scratched his chin.

“But, what about… you know… that stuff.”

Madison smiled. “I think we’ll find a way to do that stuff,” she said. She lifted her dress up, revealing her crimson panties. “Imagine crawling in there, lifting the elastic of my panties and...” She licked her lips and let out a small moan. “Lose yourself in me.”

Mark was shaken at the words of his wife. He hadn't realized how sexy the situation could become. He inched towards the alluring woman to put an arm around her, but Madison backed off.

“Nonono,” she said. “Not until you shrink. You’re not allowed to touch me until you sign that paper.”

“But baby… how about one last time before...”

“Sign that paper,” she said. “And then we’ll have some fun, I promise. I can shrink you right now if you only sign that paper. And then...” she lifted her dress again. “You can move to your own personal amusement park.”

Mark was losing it. He wanted to have her so badly, now that she was teasing him like that.

“But, Maddie,” he asked. “When are you going to make me big again?”

The woman stared blankly at him. In all honesty, she hadn’t given that matter any serious thought yet.

“We’ll see,” she said. “If you will be a nice obedient pet, then I will consider restoring you to your normal size.”

“A pet?” he repeated.

“Oops, did I say that? I mean, that’s kind of what you will become,” she reasoned. “It’s not like you could be my actual husband any longer after you get to that size.” She laughed and threw her head back to remove the hair from her face.

Mark was a bit confused. “I thought… we were doing this to help me.”

“We’re doing this to help us both,” she corrected him. “I will finally be able to save some money, and you’ll have someone who can help you control yourself,” she explained.

Mark looked down at the floor, where his wife’s feet were. “I’m not sure about this...” he whimpered.

Madison, noticing where Mark's gaze had gone, removed her shoes, and then placed her bare feet over the couch.

"Look at my feet, Mark," said the beautiful woman. Mark's gaze focused on her soles. "You've been begging me to lick my dirty soles since the day we got married. I found it so gross, to find my feet sticky with your saliva, your tongue licking them up and down, up and down. But I endured that because I wanted to be good to you. Now... imagine my feet as big as buildings to you," she said.

“Think how much time it will take to clean them all off. And the best part is… I won’t even feel you squirming under my sole as you eat all of the dirt I gathered on there.”

Mark felt like his dick was exploding. He looked at his wife straight in the eye. “I knew… I was right to marry you,” he said. “Back off,” she said, as he was ready to jump on her. “Sign that paper, and then we’re done.”

Mark took the papers in his hand. “Are you going to do that or not?”, asked Madison, as she offered him the pen.

*

The next morning.

Rebecca heard the sound of the doorbell. She eagerly rose from her chair, ready to receive her best friend. The girls kissed each other on their cheeks.

“I have some coffee ready, babe,” announced Rebecca.

The girls sat at the kitchen table and started to drink their coffee. Madison began recalling the conversation of the previous night to her friend.

“So, did he sign or not?” Rebecca asked, although, from the way her friend couldn’t stop smiling, she felt she already knew the answer.

Madison opened her purse and started searching for the small metal box she had shown to her husband the night before. Rebecca, understanding where this was going, started to squeal enthusiastically.

Then the metal box was emptied over the table and the little man was tossed onto the wooden surface.

He saw the two ladies’ gorgeous smiles way up above. They both looked so beautiful, sitting at that table, smiling and cheering at his newfound size.

“I can’t believe the little dunce accepted,” laughed Rebecca as she lightly flicked him with her long fingernail. “And all it took was showing him a little panty.”

Both girls laughed heartily. “It’s not like you don’t know how that works,” said Madison.

“Oh, you mean, about all my previous dates?” said Rebecca as she took another sip of her coffee. “You’re right. Men will do anything as long as you get them turned on.”

“Where are they now, anyway?” asked Madison.

“Dunno, somewhere in my room, I guess. I let them free to walk around, so I’m afraid I might have squished one or two of them already,” she casually stated. “Who knows, we might have even stomped on a few on our way to the kitchen!”

Madison smiled. She imagined how terrified Mark was getting as he heard those words. She picked her tiny husband up and tossed him into her coffee cup.

“You can finish that off,” she said. The man landed over the small puddle of the leftover coffee from the bottom of the cup his wife had used.

Madison handed the device over to Rebecca. “Thank you so much, Becca. When you come back from Japan, I’ll treat you to the best place in town.”

“I’m just glad you could put it to good use,” said the woman as she observed the bug-sized man sucking up the coffee from the bottom of the cup. She grabbed the white cup from its handle. “You’d better take him out before it goes in the dishwasher.”

“Should I?” laughed Madison, as she hesitated after positioning her fingers over the cup.

Rebecca shrugged. “Your choice, I don’t care.”

Mark was relieved when he found that his wife and her friend were just joking. He wasn’t so sure before. Madison picked his body up and cleaned him off using a napkin, then he was placed back into his metal box.

Madison and Rebecca kissed each other on the cheek before they parted. Rebecca watched the beautiful figure of her friend walking away until she reached the elevator. After closing the door, she felt so pleased. She hadn’t seen her friend that happy in months. She was sure that now that Madison was rid of her toxic husband, she would get back to her old usual cheery self. As for herself, she couldn’t really ask for much. Maybe to get back from Japan with a little souvenir...