- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Girl meets much smaller, much more edible girl(s)

Olivia strolled down the pavement, making her way towards the restaurant. She knew she was in the right area at least, to her left, across the street, she could see rows of buildings, towering at about 17 storeys tall, or about shoulder height for her. Confident that she was on the edge of the Brobdingnagian-accommodating section of the city, she turned her attention from her surroundings to the passenger on her shoulder. Hanging onto her hair for balance, a tiny woman, shorter than her thumb, enjoyed a lazy ride from what would normally be a precarious position. After a lost bet, and a bit of badgering, Ellie had finally convinced her giant friend to eat a human.

Entering the restaurant, Olivia looked around for a seat. It wasn’t hard to find one, it wasn’t a busy night, evidently. After picking up a Gulliverian-sized table and chair from a tray near the door, she sat down in a small booth, and placed the miniature furniture down on the table. She touched her fingers to the wooden surface, and let Ellie climb down her arm, feeling the light pressures of her tiny body, nearly imperceptible through the clothes, then slightly ticklish on the bare skin on the back of her hand. They didn’t need to take time deciding what to order, Ellie had planned everything the night before, giving Olivia no chance to procrastinate.

As the waitress walked away with their order, Ellie started the conversation up again. “So, are you excited? Raring to go? Come on, it’s not even your first time eating someone, really. Don’t you rememb-“

“Inhaling a Lillie flutterbus doesn’t count, El.”

“Okay. Sure. Swallowing a hundred people and dooming them to the depths of your digestive system doesn’t count,” Ellie teased.

“It was ninety-six. And they were all fine afterwards, you should know this, since you love doing this so much. Oh and it was like all metal anyway, I’m pretty sure none of them even left the carriage.”

“C’mon Ollie, that last part was just straight-up denial. What’s your problem with this anyway? Literally every other Brob I’ve known eats people.”

“You know you’re playing out a textbook stereotype of peer pressure right?” Olivia smiled.

Ellie laughed, “How the fuck are you getting peer pressure from- Stop it, you trying to trick me into complimenting your size again? That was one time! Drunk as well, it’s-”

“Still counts,” she curled a finger thicker than Ellie’s entire body around the tiny woman, pressing into her back and bringing her thumb close to her chest, pondering whether to pinch the two digits together and pluck her friend off the table. Eh, maybe later. Olivia drew her hand back. “And it was more ‘mad raving’ than ‘complimenting’, wasn’t it? Never letting that go by the way.”

Taking a second to cool down, breathing manually, just like you are doing now, Ellie eventually regained the resolve to huff at that last comment. Unable to come up with an intelligible response she just reached around her brain for any new topics to change the conversation to. Fortunately Ollie already had one ready to go. Apparently her Brob friend Jenny had gotten a gig as a city demolisher or something.
_______________________________

The train doors opened, and dozens of people poured out onto the kitchen countertop, me included. A cacophony of clattering pots and pans added to the atmosphere of organised chaos. The chefs, towering around twenty storeys tall, were hard at work, as usual. I knew dishes involving us were popular, but It was still surprising to notice how every dish being prepared and sent out had at least a few Gulliverians mixed in. Some dishes had them mixed into a sauce, some had them scattered over a plate of otherwise regular food. One dish had only a single person decorating a dessert, presumably for some special occasion. Zooming in on them, I made out a white wristband. Yep, they’re a tourist. What my colleagues and I experience every available day, is a tourist activity for them. Eh, can’t blame them, it is pretty fun.

The chef, Isabel, corralled us into three groups of varying sizes. The two other groups were collected (mostly by hand) by the other chefs, while we stayed with Izzy. Based on experience, I now had a 50/50 chance of ending up in a drink. Cocktails were my personal favourite, swimming around in a cool mixture, wooden spears longer than I am tall holding oversized food out of my reach, watching my fellow Ingredients being sipped up and swallowed one by one, before following them, having the cold of the cocktail mixture washed away by the warmth of the mouth.

Izzy made some small talk with a few of the Gullies around, me, leaving the rest of us to chat amongst ourselves while she prepared a number of drinks and appetisers. Ashley, sporting the same orange wristband as me, but with none of the same experience, who had been practically glued to my side the entire time since we boarded the train, wrung her hands. She had told me today is her first day on the job. First time being eaten, actually, naturally I did my best to reassure her. Her words were much more confident than her… everything else about her. She asked me more about the Brobdingnagian above us.

Isabel always made an effort to converse with small groups of us, around 4 or 5, rather than addressing the dozens of us on the table. Generally different ones each time, although it is obvious that she has a few favourites out of the evening shift Ingredients. Apparently she even took out Jackie for a couple of dates recently, must be weird serving your partner up as a side dish for your customers.

As for the rest of us, our talks were almost always cut short by her fingers plucking us up into the air, before dropping us into some bowl, or glass. One by one (and the occasional handful), we would be chosen to fulfil our purpose, and be prepared to be served up to the waiting giants outside. Politeness has its limits, I suppose, especially with the time pressure that kitchens usually come with. Ashley (despite repeatedly trying to convince me of her readiness) yelped as she was whisked away into the air, before being unceremoniously dropped into a tall, cylindrical glass, halfway filled with some type of drink. Seconds after, I felt the familiar pressures of giant fingertips on my chest and back.
_______________________________

A waitress approached Olivia’s table, carrying a tray holding two tall-ish glasses, a small covered bowl, and a Gulliverian waiter, expertly balancing their own tray of drinks and appetisers without succumbing to the movements of the floor beneath them. Despite the daunting experience awaiting her, Olivia was relieved to see the waitress place the tray in front of her, after so many false alarms. Averting her gaze from the two glasses, she watched -trying not to stare- as the smaller waiter marched across the tabletop towards Ellie’s own table. Focusing a bit, she noticed that Ellie’s order was similar to her own, two glasses and a small covered bowl. They both thanked the waiters, and turned back towards each other.

“Bon appétit!” Ellie said, lifting a glass high, towards her friend. “Wait, no, that’s for- cheers. Cheers!”

Olivia fidgeted with her hand against her face, slowly scratching the side of her mouth and cheek, while eyeing the tiny woman floating in her glass on the table. Ugh, it’s moving. Sh- She’s moving. Treading water, not floating. Olivia felt a small pang of guilt pulse through the mess of thoughts bouncing around in her head; she never had issues with dehumanising Gullies usually. Lillies, maybe, but that was inevitable. She looked over to her other glass, where another woman was treading water beneath the surface. The glass was cylindrical, over triple the height of either of the women (and Ellie, for that matter), and about half full, the liquid inside was too deep for them to reach the bottom. The woman in the first glass appeared nervous, she was always looking over to the other Ingredient, and occasionally trying to reach up the side of the glass furthest from the giantess, vain attempts to find purchase on the smooth glass to climb out? Wait, maybe she’s not supposed to be in there, should I-

“Ollie! You’re doing it again.” Ellie was clinking the side of her glass with a fork, an act not appreciated by the Lilliputian woman inside. Still, it worked. Olivia snapped out of her thought-spiral trance and made one last attempt at backing out.

“Look at her, El. She doesn’t want to be here, and, well, it would be rude… no, way worse than rude to just swallow her. I mean-“

“Drink the other one then.” Ellie cut. “Actually, no, ask her. If she wants to, I mean. Come on, we’ve been waiting forever!”

“Okay… Uh,” she leaned forwards to look at the woman directly from above the glass. No, that’s probably intimidating. Olivia leaned back… wow, she is small. Her nerves got the better of her. She sheepishly addressed Ellie again, “I’m sorry, could you-“

“Yeah, I’ll ask her,” Ellie sighed. She sometimes wondered how the confident giantess Olivia could disappear so quickly once eating people were involved. It’s not like she was unfamiliar with us smaller people, and she didn’t crumble at the sight of her other Brob friends indulging themselves every now and then. Getting up from her seat, taking a glass with her, Ellie started her trek across the table. Actually… “Ollie, could you-“. Ellie couldn’t even finish before she felt two massive fingertips close around her hips. She felt the floor fall away from her feet as she was plucked into the air, and placed down a few short steps from Olivia’s glass. She looked up at her friend, then at the woman in the glass. It was slightly trippy, seeing a person her own size (slightly taller, actually) floating around in a glass identical to the one in her hand. The surface of the drink (and the woman) being several heads above eye level added to this. Well, no time to waste.

Olivia watched as the two Gulliverians introduced themselves. Ashley was the one in the glass, apparently it was her first time being swallowed. Yeah, that checks out. She still sounded enthusiastic enough. They turned towards her. Oh, they’re done talking.

“Yeah, she’s fine. Wants to be swallowed. You probably heard all of that. So…” Ellie gestured towards the glass.

“Okay, alright. Here we go.” Olivia slowly wrapped her fingers around the glass, partially concealing the Gullie inside from the outside world, and lifted it towards her face. She could make out Ashley’s face now. Nope. Too much. Oh, hang on. She placed the glass down, and idea sparking the descent. “How about I start smaller, right? I could have a Lillie first?”

Ellie and the Lillie in her own glass shared a look. The tinier woman shrugged and nodded. Well, this might as well happen. “Yeah sure, but you owe me another one of these,” she said, holding the glass up.

Something like relief washed over Olivia, before she sat straighter in her seat. She plucked Ellie off the table and raised her to eye level, resisting the urge to pat the tiny woman’s head with a finger in gratitude. She knew she could probably find another way to take Ellie’s drink, but after so much bother, she felt like rewarding the smaller woman’s patience. Like an apology. The next part was still weird for her, but something told her that the Gullie in her fingers would be less apprehensive. She brought Ellie closer, raised her just above her head, and parted her lips.

Any traces of frustration with Ollie melted when Ellie saw the mouth open up beneath her. See, this might be a first for the Brob, but it was otherwise the friend she wanted to see more of, no reservations about what she’s ‘allowed’ to do with her. When they first met, it took months before Ollie could bring herself to even pick up Ellie without warning, but clearly, progress has been made. She took a few seconds to admire the pit before pulling herself together and raising her glass once again. The Lillie inside gave a thumbs up, and, with a small turn of a wrist, was sent tumbling into the waiting maw, along with what would amount to a negligible splash of drink. Ellie was beginning to overheat, not just from the warm breath rhythmically washing around her. She watched as the tongue twitched slightly, sensing a crumb land in a puddle of pooling spit.

The Lillie rose, the viscous saliva stopping her from sliding down the slope into the throat. Massive teeth taller than her house stood like monoliths, far too distant to tower over her. She wasn’t afraid, this might not be what she expected today, but she’s done it several times before, although she was usually accompanied by hundreds of her fellow Lilliputians for customers this size.

Ellie couldn’t pull her eyes away from the tongue as it undulated, the person on the surface sent sliding back towards the gullet. Ellie briefly let a few spikes of envy pierce her mind before pushing them down. Hang on. She looked up, searching for Ollie’s eyes, realising what was happening, just in time to miss the big swallow.

“Did I get her?” Ollie questioned, genuinely unsure if she had swallowed an entire person. She couldn’t really describe the feeling, there wasn’t much to describe. Jenny would often go on and on about the feeling of power swallowing hordes of grain-sized people, but for her, it was like swallowing a crumb. But… not horrible. She raised Ellie past her lips to her eyes, smiling a bit as she noticed the smaller woman’s blushing, accompanied by a bit of wriggling. Placing her on the table, confident that the apology was accepted, she reached for her own glass, ready to try again.

“You did that on purpose, didn’t you.” Ellie managed to blurt out, sitting cross legged on the tabletop.

“Yep. You’re welcome,” she replied, lifting her own glass up, traces of hesitance almost disappearing. She reached with her free hand past her friend to the mini furniture behind her.

Ellie jumped as she heard her own table sliding towards her, nudged by the giant’s fingertip. She grabbed the remaining glass off the top, briefly locked eyes with the Lillie inside, and gulped it all down.

Olivia lifted the glass to her mouth with a newfound confidence, and attempted what Ellie had done so easily. She tipped the glass, tasting the liquid flowing into her mouth. Feeling a small mass collide with her lips interrupted the process, tiny hands grasping at her skin, and the lips instinctively closed, leaving Ashley still in the glass. Even Olivia was growing tired of the wait. Okay, this time, this time it’ll work. She swallowed the portion of the drink in already in her mouth, and tried again.

Five, fourthreetwoone!

She closed her lips, sealing the Gullie woman inside. She could feel it- Ashley, wiggling around, limbs thrashing, almost like she was trying in vain to climb out. Panicking for a second, she placed the glass back down, wanting to double check Ashley’s willingness before swallowing. She opened her mouth, letting the light and noise of the outside world in, and more importantly, letting Ashley’s words out.

“Yeah, no, sorry! I’m good!” A soaking Ashley patted the tongue underneath her, kneeling in a mixture of spit and alcohol. Peeling her hand from the bumpy surface, she watched the saliva strings thin and break, before she felt a brief gust of warm wind at her back, a small chuckle of relief from Olivia, and the jaws closed again, now with no reason to let her out.

Olivia was starting to enjoy this, much more than swallowing the Lillie. The Gulliverians were still less than bite-sized, standing at full height they were shorter than a Brobdingnagian tongue was wide, but they were much more tangible, more solid. She gently rolled the tiny woman over her tongue, then pressed her against the inside of her cheek. She closed her jaws, trapping Ashley in a soft pocket between her cheek flesh and closed teeth, and swallowed the rising alcohol-saliva mixture, making sure not to swallow the Gullie prematurely. It’s funny, a few minutes ago Olivia was expecting that on the off-chance she followed through with this, she’d get it over with as fast as possible. She relaxed her jaw and sucked through Ingredient back into the centre, feeling her roll over her gums and teeth in the process, resisting the urge to chew. She raised her tongue and let the woman fall onto the soft flesh underneath, then started pushing her around with the wet muscle, pinning her against the inside of her front incisors, and sliding her against the roof of the mouth.

Eventually ‘releasing’ her, she tilted her head back, and let the woman slide down the soft slope towards her throat. Sensing the small patters of her attempts to climb the tongue, she gave in to impatience and used her tongue to mash Ashley against her palate, before forcing her into the hole at the back of the mouth. Olivia didn’t know if she went headfirst or feet first into the gullet, not that it mattered. She swallowed, smiling.

True to her behaviour before now, Ashley writhed all the way down, less energetically than before, but still pushing against the muscular walls. Despite this, she slid down rather easily, to Olivia’s surprise, probably a mix of being soaked in spit and being too small to get stuck anyway.

Ellie watched her friend’s throat bulge slightly, tracking a small lump travelling down the front of her neck, framed by constricting muscles, before disappearing completely. Her jealousy of the woman inside was interrupted by thoughts of how she, Ashley, a person she was conversing with a few minutes ago, was now entirely hidden from the outside world, and would be for several days. Hell, if she felt like it, and made the effort, she could stay in the digestive tract for weeks or months without ever leaving. She glanced at the massive glass on the table, now empty, before returning her gaze to the giant. Lost in her head, she forgot about the bowl on her table, entranced by the titanic display.

Olivia wiped some residual spit from the side of her mouth with the back of her hand. Still salivating, she took a second to collect more spit in her mouth, the taste of the Gulliverian still lingering, and swallowed it down. to join the woman currently in her stomach. Olivia let out soft chuckle, there is a person in her stomach! So weird. So new. She looked down at Ellie, who, entirely out of character, had nothing to say. So adorable. She reached out for her second glass.
_______________________________

The Brob’s fingers wrapped around the cylinder, pressing against the transparent surface. Her fingerprints shifted slightly as the glass was lifted, the thumb and forefinger above me increasing their pressure while the pinkie below me fell away and folded against her palm. She lifted the glass to her eye level and we shared a look through the transparent wall. She swallowed slightly before lowering the glass, past her nose, to her lips, then opened her mouth, her breath rhythmically fogging up my vessel, and slowly tipped the glass. I managed a quick glance at the other Gullie on the table, Ellie, was it? The round imperfections in the lower surface of the glass distorted my view. I turned back towards the top of the glass, now pointing directly towards the slightly parted lips of Olivia, the transparent barrier no longer separating us.

The drink flowed down the slope, and over her bottom lip. Making the most of my last few seconds of agency of movement, I positioned myself in such a way that I would slide into the mouth headfirst, facing upwards at the ceiling. After a few years on the job, you have to make things more interesting yourself. The light overhead was blurred through the foggy glass, and all I could hear was breathing, my own breath drowned out by the amplified, slightly distorted exhales and inhales of the Brobdingnagian, echoing throughout the glass. I slid down, feeling the smooth glass and cold alcohol rubbing against my back replaced with a rough, wet tongue and warm, thick saliva, as I passed under a lip, a row of teeth, and stopped underneath her palate. I looked through the window of her lips in time to see the empty glass pulled away, and disappear from sight, then a small, glassy thud as she placed it down, right before the window was shut.

I was pressed against the roof of the mouth, a deep rumbling from the throat shaking me to my bones, and held there. She seemed to be in thought. The tongue lowered and the jaws relaxed, giving me space to sit up in the darkness, the lips staying sealed in front of me. Rubbing the spit from my eyes, I made myself comfortable. The teeth around me were parted, each one larger than my head. I could have lain on the tongue, limbs splayed out as far as they could go, and I wouldn’t have been able to reach the sides. The palate hovered just above me, threatening to come down at any time she chose, but apparently, she had other plans. The tongue shifted, manipulating me to the side, and pushed onto the row of molars on my left.

Lying on the teeth, I had plenty of time to react as the upper molars slowly lowered towards me. I stayed. She began to chew me, gently. Managing to not break any skin, it was more like a rough massage than being crushed between hot boulders. Based on the sounds shaking the ‘room’, she was surprised to find herself enjoying this. I couldn’t complain, either. The nibbling paused just enough for the tongue to flip me over, so I was face down on the teeth, and the chewing started again. My face fit quite snugly into the dip in the tooth, which was… something.

After my full-body massage, I was flipped back onto the tongue. The edges of the tongue turned up, touching the palate, sealing me up in a claustrophobic pocket just big enough for me and a few bucketfuls of saliva. Gravity shifted as her head tilted back, and my ears popped as suction pulled me towards the gullet. The tongue undulated, eventually forcing me into the hole, feet first. I managed to twist around to face ‘outside’, just in time for the tastebud -covered tongue to slam into my face, pushing me completely into the entrance of the oesophagus.

The first oesophageal sphincter closed above my head, and the walls around me constricted, pushing me downwards through peristalsis. It was a crushing, pleasant pressure, different but similar to the chewing I experienced seconds ago. It was pitch black inside the tube, not that I could see anything for all the spit. I heard, and felt, a heartbeat quicken slightly as I slid down between the muscular walls towards the second sphincter, the entrance of the stomach.

I felt the pressure around my legs disappear. For a second, I could kick my legs freely in the humid air, before the sphincter, closed around my waist, released all tension and allowed me to slip through, the fleshy ring sliding across my body on all sides as I did so. I fell for a moment, then landed in a warm pool of chyme (although it barely counts as chyme). My eyes adjusted to the darkness, a dim light with no source saving me from having to flail around blindly to sense my surroundings. Now, I could see the stomach was empty, save for Ashley.

She was sitting, leaning against the stomach walls, partially sinking into the wrinkled surface. Her eyes brightened when she realised I had arrived, and she immediately made her way towards me, half sliding, half swimming across the surface of the stomach lining.

She was ecstatic, she told me, her first day on the job had gone incredibly well, despite the nervous delay in the glass. Remembering something, she rushed over to where she was sitting earlier, almost slipping and falling into the fluids, and returned holding something in her fist. She opened it, revealing a Lilliputian. Oh, right, that one. She waved at me, before the fingers closed around her again. “Yeah, I’ll probably eat her later, so leave her for me, okay? Thanks,” Ashley clarified.

“Hey, it’s your first day, it’s only fair,” I responded as we both sat down against the stomach walls.

“So you saw those two, right? The customers?” she asked, tossing the Lillie into the waters.

“Not entirely sure what you mean,” I said, watching the tiny woman swim about.

“How much are you going to bet that she joins us? The little one, I mean. The us-sized one. Ellie? Yeah her,” Ashley continued.

The stomach rumbled around us. the walls contracting, shifting us and creating ripples and waves in the chyme.

“Oh, we might have to wait a while to find that one out, we aren’t even the appetiser.”

“Come again?”
_______________________________

Finally done with their drinks, Ollie and Ellie placed the glasses to one side and removed the covers from their respective bowls.

Ellie wasn’t surprised, she had been here many times before, but Ollie couldn’t hide a small gasp, followed by a toothy grin. Fully recovered from earlier, Ellie put on a posh accent and repeated her line from earlier. “Bon appétit, madame! God, that was corny as fu-”

From inside Ollie’s bowl, a group of Gulliverians, surrounded by an assortment of dips and herbs, looked up at her.
Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All events and characters in this story are entirely fictional. Any resemblance to real world events is entirely coincidental, and also entirely impossible. Anyone who says otherwise is a goddamn liar.