- Text Size +

“So what happened next?” asked Donna as she looked up from her notes. “Well I spent a week at the St. Mercy Hospital. Kinder funny seeing how there was other cases of height lose” answered Scott. “Hmm, I have a feeling that you don’t want to talk about your time in this hospital then?” asked Donna. “Why? Well nothing really happen over there. They just gave me a room and performed even more tests. Plus I didn’t shrink anymore since that day” answered Scott. “Really...so you didn’t have any more shrinking episodes then?” asked Donna.

“Nope, Chloe was happy with results that she gained from the tests” answered Scott. “What were the results then?” asked Donna as she took out another piece of paper to write down on. “That the test results show that within me show signs that my anti-bodies being able to hold back the effects of those chemicals. She also allowed me to leave upon seeing how stable my shrinking spurts were and told me that she sent my sample of anti-bodies to higher ups to see if they can boost its effects just to be on the safe side” answered Scott.

“Hmm...” said Donna as she wrote down what he said, “So what happened next then?”

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Day 18

The sound of a phone began to echo throughout the living room. “Hello?” asked Scott as he answered the phone. “Well now darling, guess you are still alive” spoke a familiar voice from the other end. Scott knew too well on who it was. “Oh...err hi mum” said Scott. “Hmm, Scott are you feeling okay?” asked Mary, his mother. “Yeah....yeah I feel fine why?” answered Scott.

“Well it’s just that well...your voice sounds a bit...a bit higher than it should be” said Mary. “Oh that,” said Scott as he was trying to think of a reason why his voice is higher than it should be, “Well you know me, I...accidently hit myself” “Hit yourself? Hit yourself where?” asked Mary. “You know...the...downstairs...department?” answered Scott.

“Oh right, right sorry” said Mary. “Uh huh, so is there something I can help you with?” asked Scott. “Well it’s been what a little over two weeks since you were discharged and you haven’t been visited us at all” answered Mary. “Well I’m surprised you all didn’t visit me at all” said Scott unwittingly. It took him a second to realise that if they did then his family would see him getting smaller.

“Well we couldn’t really. It was still the school term and you know that the girls can’t skip any time for school” said Mary. “Yeah, yeah okay” said Scott. “So since its going to be half term next week, I thought it would be nice if you, Ritz and Riza come over for a week” said Mary. “Erm...” was all Scott could say.

“Scott? Is there something wrong?” asked Mary as she heard the tone in his voice. “Erm...I guess you could say that” answered Scott. “Oh what is it?” asked Mary. “It’s not something I could say over the phone” answered Scott.  “Why what’s wrong?” asked Mary as she sounded worried. “I guess it’s something that you could only see…you wouldn’t believe me if I told you” answered Scott.

“Then that settles it, you have to come round” said Mary. “What mum no…” said Scott in a panic. “No? I am your mother, if there’s anything wrong with you, the family will be there for you” said Mary as she sounded a bit forceful. Knowing that there’s no way out, Scott agreed to for him and Ritz and Riza to visit home during the half term.

Mary hung up the phone. Scott slowly put the phone down.  “Who was that Scott?” asked Ritz as she entered the living. “Oh…that’s mum” answered Scott. “Mum? What does mum want?” asked Riza as she too entered the living room.

“She wants us to visit home during the half term” answered Scott as he slowly looked towards the twins. The twins looked at each other with a worried look and then they slowly looked back at Scott whom has buried his face in his hands. “And what did you say?” asked Riza as the twins sat down next to him. Scott looked up from his hands and answered, “I said that we’re visiting”

“Oh dear” was all the twins said.