- Text Size +

“That doesn’t sound too bad” said Donna as she stopped writing. “Yeah…in a way it wasn’t bad but I mean…really how you would feel if you lost two foot and having to visit your family?” said Scott as he looked at the table surface.

“Hmm…I guess that it would be strange” said Donna as Scott looked back at her, “So what happened next?”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...  

Day 24

“Well here we are” said Ritz as she and the others stood outside on the street looking out at a house with a front garden. “Yeah…here we are” said Scott as he looked at his family home. He noticed that there were children playing in the next doors’ garden and children riding on bikes. While he didn’t look at them, there was even a mother walking with their children past him and his sisters.

Scott noticed that some of the children stood taller than him. Ritz and Riza took note at that fact and slowly looked at their brother and patted him on the back. “Hay…cheer up. You knew that this would happen” said Riza. “Hay you didn’t have to say it like that” said Ritz as she whacked her sister’s arm. “Hay what else could I say?” asked Riza as she looked her.

“Please calm down, I knew this would happen. I guess it’s just that there haven’t been many children around near our place” said Scott as he looked up at his sisters and tried to keep them from fighting with each other. “Yeah I guess that’s true” said Riza as she looked down. “Well, I say that we’ve been out here long enough. Guess you can say it’s time to face the music” said Ritz as she looked at Scott and Riza before she turned to face the house. 

They all walked up through the pathway towards the front door. Riza was at the lead so she rung the door bell. Scott was at the back. Within seconds, the three of them could hear the sound of running footsteps echoing from within the building. The front door swung open and a female voice spoke out, “Ah girls”

“Hi mum” said the twins at the same time as the two of them went into hug the woman that answered the door. “Hi girls, how’s college?” asked Mary, their mum. “College’s fine mum” answered Ritz as she let her mum go. “That’s great to hear…so…is Scott coming a bit later?” asked Mary as she looked over the twins shoulders, expecting to see her only son.   

As Mary was looking, “Well mum…there’s something you need to know” said Riza. Mary looked at Riza and was about to ask her what she meant until she saw something small standing behind her. Before turning she look down, she at first thought that it was a child but when she finally looked at it, she looked at the person with her mouth hung open. 

“Oh my…” was all Mary could say as she covered her mouth at the sight of her only son. Scott looked up at his mum with a weak smile on his face. “Hay mum…what’s up?” said Scott as he kicked himself when he said the last thing. “Scott…is that really…” said Mary as she lowered her hands and moved in towards him.

“Erm, I believe that it best that we get inside” said Riza as she made her way inside the house. “That sounds like a plan” said Scott as he made his way in following Ritz. Mary stayed outside for a brief moment as she looked at her hands and then looking inside the open door and saw her twin daughters and only son about to enter the living room. Suddenly Mary widen her eyes as she suddenly remembered what was inside the room

“Wait” said Mary as she rushed inside but was too late as they entered,

“Welcome home!” shouted a bunch of people.

This startled the three of them as they all saw the living room filled with people whom are all family members. Hanging on the wall held a sign written in children handwriting, ‘Welcome Home Scott’ Scott looked at them as they all looked over him as if they were looking at the twins. He saw their eyes slowly made their way down to him, with their mouths slowly opening wide. From that moment there was an awkward silence which was broken when Mary showed up behind her children.       …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...  

“So, what happened after that?” asked Donna as she looked up from her notes. “Well, after that awkward scene. My mum dragged me to the other room and left my twin sisters to explain to the rest as to what’s happened” answered Scott.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...   

Over in the kitchen, Scott was sitting on one of the two stools that within the room while Mary paced left and right, just trying to get round as to what has happened to her son. “Sorry for not saying anything” said Scott as he looked up at her. Mary suddenly stopped pacing and looked down at him and said, “Sorry? Sorry for what? Not telling me that you were shrinking? That’s not something you keep from your mother!”

This startled Scott as he haven’t heard his mum screamed at him for years and with him being smaller, her yell sounded a lot louder than he remembered. “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry but I mean come on. Can’t you see why I didn’t tell you” said Scott as he stood up. Mary looked down at him and shook her head. “Look, we talk about this later” said Mary as she grabbed hold of Scott and hugged him.

“Erm mum?” asked Scott as he felt that she was hugging tightly. “Are you sure that you’re going to okay?” asked Mary as she loosening her grip. “Yeah…I’m fine but will you be?” answered Scott. Mary let him go and stood back up, looked down at him and answered, “Yeah…I guess I got to be. Got to get used to the fact that my big boy is now my little boy”

Just then, there was a knock on the kitchen door.

Mary made her way towards the door and opened it slightly so that whomever on the other side wouldn’t see Scott. “Is everything okay?” spoke a young voice. “Yeah is Scott okay?” spoke an even younger voice. “Yes everything is okay, girls…there’s something you must know” said Mary.

Scott knows who was behind the door and was getting himself ready for what was to come next.    

Mary opened the door to revile who was behind the door. Scott looked on and saw two girls age twelve and eight were standing there. The two of them looked at Scott with a confused looks. “No bloody way!” said the twelve year girl out loud. “Alex! Don’t use that type of language!” snapped Mary as she looked at her daughter. “Sorry mum but seriously, bloody hell” said Alex as she rushed her way towards Scott.

Scott looked up at his little sister whom looks down at him with a smile. “Wow…Scott, are you like going to keep shrinking?” asked Alex as she looked him from head to toe. “No…not anymore” answered Scott as she saw that she was moving up close to him. “That’s a shame” said Alex as she rubbed her left hand through his hair.  

“Are you really not going to be smaller?” asked the youngest girl. “Yes Victoria, I’m not going to get smaller” answered Scott as he looked over to his youngest sister. Victoria made her way towards him. “Oh wow” said Alex as she stopped rubbing his hair, “look at this mum” Alex made Scott and Victoria stand back to back. Mary looked on and saw that Scott was a few inches shorter than Victoria.   

“Look Victoria, you’re no longer the shortest” laughed Alex. Victoria turned round and saw that she was a few inches taller than her big brother. “Alex, do you really have to laugh at Scott’s belittlement?” asked Mary. “Hay relax mum, I was only trying to see the bright side of all this” answered Alex.

“You know I rather be stuck at the size of midget rather than shrink down to bug size or worst” said Scott as he looked at his sisters. “Really…so, you’re okay with being called shrimp?” said Alex as patted him on the head and slowly rubbed it, messing up his hair again. “I never said being okay with shrimp. Just that I want to stay as a midget rather than heading down again” said Scott as he whacked Alex’s hand off him. This caused Alex to giggle as she rubbed her hand.

“Wow…it’s just so strange at seeing you shorter than me” said Victoria as she looked at him from head to toe. “I know, like how it feels to be shorter than the youngest person in the house” laughed Alex. “You’re really not letting this go are you” said Scott as he looked at Alex with a frown.

“Guess not, little brother”