- Text Size +
 “Right so, after you've been to see the doctor...what did you do next?” asked Donna as she looked up from her notes. “Well, nothing really...I did...nothing” answered Scott as he looked at the surface of the table.

“You did nothing for the rest of that day?” asked Donna as she looked at him confused. “Pretty much, I just went home and did what I normally do” answered Scott as he slowly looked at her. “Really?” asked Donna as she was surprised, thinking that he would have had another episode.

“Oh wait...” said Scott as he remembered something. “You remember something?” asked Donna. “Yeah, yeah I do” answered Scott. “Really, then please...carry on” said Donna as she went back to writing down notes.

…...............................................................................................................................................................

Scott made his way home from the doctors, he looked at the clock and saw that it was ten o'clock. “Ritz and Riza still in college huh” said Scott to himself as he made his way around the living room. He sat down on the sofa and turned the TV on and began to watch.

He pretty much just flipped through channels, trying to watch something. Scott took a deep sigh and said to himself, “With all these channels...there's nothing to watch” Scott dropped the remote and looked at the clock and saw that only an hour have past.

Just then, there was a knock on the front door. Scott looked at the door and begin to panic. He didn't really wanted to see anyone, especially now that he's only 5'1. Scott slowly made his way over to the front door and looked through the peep hole. Scott noticed that he had to tip toe to fully see through.

As he looked through, he saw that it was a woman around late twenties known as Veronica, his landlady. “What does she want?” though Scott as he just remembered that he still had a few more days before rent day. Veronica knocked on the door again.

“I know you're in there” spoke Veronica as she knocked again. Scott stepped away from the door hoping that she would just go away. “I mean it Scott, I know that you're in there so best open up” said Veronica as she stopped knocking.

“Just go away, just go away” thought Scott to himself as he hoped that she would leave the front door. Just then, he heard the sound of a key entering the keyhole of the door. “Oh snap!” said Scott under his breath as he rushed off to the bedroom.

Veronica opened the front door and took a scan of the living room. “Guess that he's not in” said Veronica to herself as she turned round and head out. As she was about exit, she heard a noise coming from the back room.

“Huh?” said Veronica as she looked back. She slowly made her way to back room which was Scott bedroom. “Is anyone here?” asked Veronica as she scanned the bedroom. Scott was hiding underneath his bed, he could see Veronica's feet still in his room.

Veronica was about to leave until she could hear someone breathing. Veronica looked back in the room and scanned the area to see where the most likely place someone would be hiding. Veronica thought that the person that she could be hearing must be a burglar.

Veronica took something out from her handbag, which was a pepper spray. Veronica saw the wardrobe, slowly made her way towards it and opened it with one hand and her pepper spray ready with the other. Once opened, the clothes that was inside went flying out.

“Grr...doesn't Scott take care of his stuff” said Veronica under her breath. Veronica bent down and began to pick the fallen clothes up. As she was picking them up, she spotted something underneath the bed. She saw that was a leg. Seeing how short the leg was, she believed that it was a child.

She dropped the clothes in hand and grabbed hold of the leg. Scott began to panic as he grabbed hold of he bed legs as he felt Veronica trying to yank him out from under. For the first time, Scott felt himself loosing strength against someone.

With his grip lost, Scott was yank out from under the bed. “Okay you little punk what are you doing in here” said Veronica as she grabbed hold of Scott's shoulders and turned him around. Scott, now on his back, looked up at Veronica and saw that she had a surprised look on her face.

“Scott?” asked Veronica as she had no idea on what to say. “Yeah...its me” said Scott as Veronica let him go. Scott slowly sat up as Veronica rested on her kneels. “Scott...why are you small?” asked Veronica as she remembered last seeing him being 6 foot tall. Scott slowly began to explain everything that happened to him.

“Wow...Scott, I heard about the accident but not that you're shrinking” said Veronica as she was shocked at everything she heard. “So what were you doing here?” asked Scott as Veronica slowly stood up. “I was here to remind you about rent day” answered Veronica as she helped Scott up onto his feet.

“Really then why did you helped your self in?” asked Scott as he looked up at Veronica. Scott saw that she was 5'7. “I knew about the accident and I know for a fact that you rarely go out because of it” answered Veronica as the two of them walked out of the bedroom and into the living room.

“So when you didn't answer...I thought something might have happened” said Veronica as she made her way to the door. “Really...thank you for the worry” said Scott. As Veronica opened the front door, she paused and looked backed, “So...why were you hiding?” she asked.

“What oh...I didn't really wanted to be seen” answered Scott as he didn't look at her. “Yeah I can understand. Well, I understand that you're sisters are living here?” answered Veronica. “Yeah...they're helping out with the rent” answered Scott as he looked up. “Yeah okay then, just don't fall behind then okay” said Veronica as she smiled at him.

With that she left.