- Text Size +

 The girls bought the clothes they want but before they all go home, they each wished to buy new pair of shoes. All Scott did was following the girls around, feeling board. When he heard that they wish to buy shoes, Scott suddenly remembered that there’s only one shoe store within the whole mall.

It was the store he part times work at.

“Hay what’s the matter?” asked Riza as she saw Scott lagging behind. “It’s just that...” said Scott as he looked at the store as they were heading towards it. “Ah” said Riza as she looked at the store. “I don’t really want to see my co workers” said Scott. “Why?” asked Riza as she walked next to him. “Why? Why do you think?” answered Scott as he pointed to the top of his head. “Well, I believe that it better for them to see you now then to explain later when you’re even smaller” said Riza as she rubbed him on head.

“I guess...” Scott took a deep breath, “I guess your right” “Dam right I’m right, now come on then” said Riza as she pushed Scott a little towards the entrance of the store. With a swing of the doors, the five of them entered the shoe store. Scott looked on and saw how much it all changed, he remembered it to be like when he was taller, when he was able to look down upon things but now he has to look up.    

“See you in bit” said the girls as he went off within the store, leaving Scott all alone. Scott began to wonder about the store, he looked up and saw many customers he knows when he worked at the store. Some of the customers that he knew looked down at him with confused looks on their faces, it took some of them to realise who Scott were. When they did, they said a few things to him and he said a few things back. He noticed that they didn’t ask why he was smaller than how they remember him to be.

Just then,

“Scott?” asked a familiar voice. Scott slowly looked at the person that spoke and saw that it was Lottie. Scott looked up at her with a smile on his face, “Hi Lottie” Scott...wha...what the heck happened to you?” asked Lottie as she pointed at him from head to toe. “Well...” said Scott as he pointed from his head to toe, “It’s as how it seems” “Is this caused by that accident?” asked Lottie. “Yes....don’t worry the doctors are finding a way to stop it” answered Scott as he saw Lottie walking up towards him.

“You mean...” said Lottie as she looked down at him and saw just how small he is to her, “you’re still shrinking?” “Yep” was all Scott said. “How are you coping with all this?” asked Lottie. “Well I can tell you now that its note easy” answered Scott. “I bet it isn’t” chuckled Lottie. “Lottie what’s taking you so long?” asked another familiar voice. “Oh great” thought Scott as he saw Manila, one of the co workers.        

....................................................................................................................................................................

“It’s like there’s an unwritten law for every work place” said Scott, as he looked at Donna. “And what law is that?” asked Donna as she looked up from her notes. “That there must be one person you don’t get along with” answered Scott. “Yeah that’s true, so true” laughed Donna as she went back to writing down her notes.

....................................................................................................................................................................

“Scott?” asked Manila as she walked towards him and Lottie. “Hay” was all Scott could say when he saw her standing next to Lottie. Manila knelt down and asked, “Now then what happened to the big strong man huh?” “Please Manila” said Lottie as she saw how Scott didn’t want to answer her. “No, no,” said Manila as she looked at Lottie, she slowly looked back ay Scott, “I want to hear it from the big guy”

“Okay what do you think happened? Did you not see the news or read about it?” snapped Scott. “Oh ho, well, well the little man can talk,” said Manila as she slowly stood up, “I’m looking forward to the day you come back to work” With that she walked off.

“Are you okay? I know that you two don’t get along” asked Lottie as she placed her hands on his shoulders. Scott slowly looked up and answered, “Yeah I’m okay. I just hope that the day I come back to work I still be tall enough to stand on my own”

“By the way where’s Jessica?” asked Scott as Lottie let him go. “Today’s her day off” answered Lottie. “Oh” was all Scott said. “Why you want to know?” asked Lottie. “Well might as well show her what has become of me rather then her seeing me smaller than I’m already am” answered Scott. “Well I don’t think you won’t be able to see her today but chances are you might bump into her later on” answered Lottie.

“Ah there you are” said Ritz as she saw Scott was with Lottie. Scott and Lottie looked over and saw her walking towards them. “Hi there” said Ritz as she looked at Lottie. “Hi, I’m Lottie, you are?” asked Lottie as she smiled at her. “Oh I’m Ritz, Scott’s sister” answered Ritz. Scott noticed that Ritz was holding a carrier bag with a shoe box inside it. “So have you girls bought what you wanted?” asked Scott as he looked behind Ritz and saw the rest holding similar carrier bags.   

“Yeah, come on then, let’s go home” said Ritz. “See you later Lottie” said Scott as he waved up at her. “Yeah...see you later” was all Lottie said as she watched him leave the store.

....................................................................................................................................................................

“Is it alright to skip a few days?” asked Scott. “Pardon?” asked Donna as she looked up from her notes. “Just asking if it’s okay to skip a few days” answered Scott. “Why’s that” asked Donna. “Because the days that I can remember aren’t really worth saying anything or for you to write about” answered Scott.

“Very well, what day you wish to skip by?” asked Donna as she looked back down at her notes.