- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
1HS
Maggie stood and examined the ceiling above her and came upon an extremely startling realization.

Her ceiling was gone.

Luckily, Maggie had just been participating in activities involving the consumption of illegal substances and as a result, cared little over the fact that she was now outside. Her nonchalant attitude faded into almost sadness as she realized not only was her ceiling gone, but so was her entire home.

Not being the brightest crayon in the box, she figured it was all some kind of side effect to the earlier mentioned illegal substances, though she couldn't ever remember having a trip like this.

Sitting on the ground once again Maggie began to think about it. As absurd as it all seemed, the crunching beneath her rear end and small movements around her feet brought forth a single, solitary conclusion.

She was definitely tripping.

Stopping to wonder whether or not she had already come to that realization a second one came forth.

She had grown somehow.

Of course the second realization came quite a long time after the original realization, and a small crowd of people had gathered nearby. They seemed to exhibit no fear of their much larger compatriot and had no qualms about trying to strike up a conversation with her.

Maggie wasn't much for talking though, and with a wave of her hand she dismissed all her tiny neighbors. Dejected, they all returned to their homes and returned to their previously interrupted tasks.

A sudden thought flashed through Maggie's mind.

"I must be tripping." She said to herself.

Reprimanding herself she quickly shouted mentally, "NO! I already came to that conclusion, I meant to say I must have some kind of supernatural powers."

This was quite possibly the least enthusiasm anyone could have ever had over such a revelation, as well as a rather large leap of logic to infer from what had just gone on.

But in her mind it all made perfect sense and nothing could deter her from this thought.

Snapping her fingers like she had seen musicians do so often, Maggie ordered the local populace to come out of their homes.

Doubly annoyed at initially being sent away, only to be ordered back, the grumbling, mumbling people stepped out to look up at the local giantess.

Though most people would emote visibly in some manner over realizing they were able to order people around and have those orders not be tossed aside like an old newspaper, Maggie's face was completely unchanged.

She refused to smile, frown, or react noticeably because she knew that all those famous celebrities were straight faced at all times, and if she wanted to be successful she knew she had to follow suit.

Maggie quickly frowned, shattering any hopes of becoming a celebrity in the process, and stood to her full height again.

The non-Maggie portion of the crowd began checking their watches. They had been outside for nearly 2 minutes now, and they could sense the commercial breaks for their favorite programs were nearing their end.

Of course, Maggie knew none of this, because she didn't have any sort of special powers, only an extraordinarily dense group of humanity living nearby. This is why she frowned, her cognitive powers able to at least decipher this from their actions.

Sighing, she looked down and came upon another incredible, earth-shattering revelation.

She wasn't wearing shoes.

"I must be tri-" She started before slapping herself mid-sentence.

Her lack of shoes was most peculiar to be sure. Maggie was far from what anyone would describe as intelligent, and, knowing there was a shoe bandit on the loose, refused to ever take her shoes off. Though Maggie wasn't intelligent, her surroundings had lead her to believe she actually was, and following the path of the only genius she could think of, Albert Einstein, refused to wear socks.

Of course there was no such thing as a shoe bandit, for the very idea of a bandit making off with peoples shoes when there are so many other belongings worth pilfering was absurd. Chances are Maggie had merely misplaced her foot coverings, likely in a recycling bin given that they never returned after the initial disappearance.

Such is the trials and tribulations of a young girl gone astray thanks to the effects of wildly popular drugs.

But I digress, we really must return to the story at hand, we've gotten off on quite the tangent reader, and you should feel ashamed for not interjecting earlier. But all is forgiven, and so we shall continue.

Now, noticing her shoes were missing brought about an emotional shift in Maggie, first it was merely the aforementioned frown, but she quickly shifted into sadness over this realization.

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she cried out to the people who had begun to back away, intent on returning home. She threw a fit, stomping up and down a bit over having lost another pair of shoes to the nefarious bandit.

Matters were only compounded as she realized getting a new pair of shoes would also prove to be quite difficult. She had spent all her money on leafy green plants that weren't even edible, and couldn't afford a new pair now.

She continued to cry for a moment longer before stopping to sniffle. She seemed to have realized something.

Opening her mouth really quite wide, she let out an ear shattering cry and began weeping at twice her previous rate.

The thought had only just crossed her mind that she probably couldn't get new shoes at all because of her new size. Whereas she might have used her feet to give her a good running start on stealing a new pair, all the stolen pairs of shoes in the city would likely not be able to cover one of her enormous soles.

"Can... can you help me get some new shoes...?" Maggie asked the diminishing crowd with a trembling lip.

The remaining crowd looked around each other and seemed to all agree on whatever silly idea they had. They signaled for Maggie lift one of her feet onto the heel, and she did so, bawling the entire time.

On the street, the crowd had run out to ask for help from their neighbors and nearby friends in their project.

Maggie rubbed the tears from her eyes as the people on the ground began to gather together and in one exceedingly smooth motion, linked hands and spread out.

The rather low intelligence of Maggie and the crowd shone like a dull pearl as the comparatively small people used their bodies linked together to create a shoe for Maggie's oversized feet.

Cheering up, a small grin cracked Maggie's face as she placed her foot softly into the middle of the crowd. The people sticking outside the edges all quickly climbed on top of her feet until she had a foot-covering made entirely of human.

Jumping for joy, Maggie knew these people would be far better than a shoe made of even solid diamond, as all the Saturday morning cartoons had taught her that love was the strongest thing in the world, and all other elements would strive to match its strength.

Though she did finish her jump quickly, the joy was completely sapped from Maggie as the human-covered foot landed roughly into the street again, turning the people holding hands beneath her sole into a fine layer of filth and flattened bodies.

In a rare bit of problem solving, Maggie cursed the heavens shouting, "This is all the drugs fault! I promise I will never again do any kind of drugs if everything can just go back to normal!"

The world turned white.

---

A scientist looked over his nearby machine that a girl lay sleeping in and saw the comically oversized, "MISSION COMPLETE" words filling the display.

Opening his notebook, he quickly found what he was looking for.

"Maggie Johnson - Drug Addict" He skimmed. Placing a big checkmark next to the name he retrieved a large rubber stamp from his coat pocket and stamped, "CURED" over her entire file.