- Text Size +
Story Notes:
After being an avid reader for many years, I've finally decided to post my first story. Constructive criticism is extremely welcone!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Holy crap. What happened to me?”

At one moment, I was in a department shop, looking at the books on the shelves – now I’m about a quarter of an inch high, hiding away from the impending doom that is the aisle.

“Okay. Pull yourself together.” I thought to myself as I leaned against one of the supporting legs of the shelf. I slowly poked my head out and looked up at the world I was in; everything was so massive. The shelves that I could have easily touched the top of when I was at my normal height, now seems impossible to barely touch the top of the first shelf. Lights were now stars in the distant sky - or roof. The area was empty, but in the distance at the end of the aisle I could see gigantic forms moving around with huge metal trolleys. There was no way that something so massive could have been conceivable when I was normal, but now it is the norm in this world.

I breathed slowly in and out; staying calm was the key. I had to find a way to contact somebody in this huge shop and take me somewhere to get……normal. I could perhaps make out a HELP on the ground using dust, but that thought was quickly sucked away when I remembered that the store would be vacuumed every night, and seeing my progress quickly sucked up by some cleaner didn’t appeal to me. Maybe if I managed to get a magnifying glass and……no…

As I was busy pondering at how to escape, I failed to notice a large form moving towards me – or should I say, large forms. It was only when they get closer and closer that the vibrations their footsteps made caused me to jump and hide behind the safety of the shelf leg. I peered around the shelf leg slowly, feeling like that just around the corner there is something that will end me right there and then. As I looked around, a huge trolley wheeled past as two pairs of gigantic feet – one wearing flip flops with blue-painted nails and the other wearing black low-cut flats – followed it and stomped right next to me and disappeared as fast as they came. I looked down the aisle and saw them conversing about some girly subject as they casually strolled down towards the clothing section, booming footsteps slowly becoming fainter and fainter as I watched their hips sway from side to side with each step before they rounded the corner and merely became a memory of this incredible situation.

“I have to find a way out of here” I thought, as I started to walk across the aisle towards the bottom of the next shelf.

Chapter End Notes:
Every story begins with the first step - how big that step is, however, is another story.