- Text Size +
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. This story is a work of fiction and no relevance to any person alive or dead is intended nor should be inferred.

WARNING CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.”
Otto von Bismarck

“It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.”
Joseph Stalin

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
Thomas Jefferson

James Johnathon Trebitt was born in Southampton in 1948. He was an accountant by trade, and at a young age became a local councillor. He married in his early twenties and had many healthy children. In 1974 he was elected to Parliament. He was a very well respected MP because he actually listened to his people, he did as they wished, and in the process he made enemies. On January 1st 2004, he was found dead in his constituency home, an old manor in the small town that was his life, under highly suspicious circumstances. The by election was held off for some time due to the investigations into his death, and the coroner eventually ruled it a suicide. His status as Shadow Defense Minister and the presence of the Defense Minister, a shadowy and untrustworthy figure, nearby to "inspect the civil defense network" added further to everyone's suspicions, and by Febuary 8th, when the writ fot the by election was finally signed, the people of Little Marsh were ready to get out in force to defend his name up to the hilt by backing his sucsessor, Fred Barnes, the local landlord, who had been chosen as the candidate. But, things took an interesting turn of events when the government decided to really pull out all the stops to win....