- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ashley acts mean and chases James to the kitchen...

Ashley then had a change in tone.  Upset, she scolded him.  "Oh, good job, you little bug.  You took so long to climb my little toe that the sweat is gone now!"  He looked up at her, a little nervous.  She had a very mean look on her face.  He wasn't sure if this was part of the act or if she really was angry with him.  She reached down with her fingers and plucked his tiny body up.  Winds blew around him, as she got up from the bed, walked over to the doorway, and set him down on the floor, at her feet.  Waving her hands, he rose to the height of 4 inches, a little taller than ankle height.    

She looked down at him and spoke, still in an angry tone.  "As punishment for failing to lick my feet clean, we're going to have to play a little game.  What are the rules?  Simple.  You have to run for the kitchen.  Sounds easy right?  Well, the catch is, I'll be stomping after you, so you'd better watch out for my gigantic feet if you don't want to be a permanent stain on the bottom of them!"

James was getting a little scared at her tone.  She sounded very serious, and he didn't know what to do.  Before he could do anything, she yelled out "Ready, go!"  Without thinking, he thought about his survival and began running.  Whether she was serious or not, he liked this side of her, strangely.  As he ran, he heard some slight tremors as she took tiny steps behind him.  'She's intentionally not trying to catch me" he thought to himself.

After a couple minutes, he was halfway to the kitchen.  He was glad it seemed he was going to win this little game of yours.  His joy went to fear as he heard her voice from behind him.  "No, no, no, little man.  It's not THAT easy"  Before he could turn around, the light flashed around him again.  It knocked him off his feet, being in motion when it happened.  He looked around to see that he'd gotten smaller.  The small wood panel across the bottom of the wall was the same height he was.  He was 1 inch tall again.  The run to the kitchen just got a lot harder.

"Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum!" echoed the voice behind him.  She began walking normally towards him.  The slight tremors before became big tremors now.  As he tried to run, he kept stuttering with earthquake-causing feet approaching him from behind.  It got louder in the first two steps.  He closed his eyes and kept running.  He looked, and was almost to the kitchen when a huge shadow loomed over him.  He peered up to see the sight of Ashley's foot above and to the side of him.  

As he looked down, he saw a pair of Ashley's slippers to the side of him in the doorway.  'I can make it!' he thought as he turned and began to run for the kitchen.  As he turned, however, her foot crashed down as hard as she could push it, just behind him.  The tremor nearly made his head explode from the noise, and the impact caused a torrent of wind, that launched James forward, right into the slipper.

Chapter End Notes:

Now that he's inside her slipper, what will become of James next?