- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The Genii contact Atlantis about a horrible sickness and Dr. Weir proposes a mission to Trent...

"One week ago, a Wraith Dart flew over Atlantis and beamed something down into it. Col. Sheppard went to investigate the matter, expecting to find a Wraith. However, what he found was something else entirely. He collapsed to the ground and was taken to the Infirmary. I was kept in the loop via video monitoring from my office of his progress, but nothing we did could help him."

"This retrovirus alters human DNA. Like Carson's retrovirus was working on turning Wraith into humans, this retrovirus imposed Wraith traits into humans, turning them into Wraith." Trent then started to understand the gravity of the situation. He turned and looked at the monitor again. "So…all those orange dots?" he asked. "Yes" Dr Weir replied. "They're our expedition team, all turned into Wraith.

This was a lot to take in at once, but he tried to keep his mind calm, and then replied to them both. "Okay…so we're all turning into Wraith. What can I possibly do to help you with this? I just cook." Rodney sighed from behind him and shook his head. Dr. Weir gave him a stern look and then looked back over at Trent.

"Do you remember the day I approached you on Earth, and asked you to join this expedition?" she asked. Trent nodded. "Of course." Dr. Weir had approached him and said she had a 'feeling' that she needed him for something. He didn't understand what it was, but it got him on a trip to another galaxy. It gave him an opportunity to make something of his life.

She continued: "I believe the day has finally come where that feeling I had will be put to the test. We've received intel from the Genii about this retrovirus. We weren't the only target of it. They gave us a video feed of someone and a place they believe can help us find a cure. However, the person involved doesn't trust the Genii. They're not very…experienced, I should say, with dealing with someone like this. "

Trent was very confused about all this. Dr. Weir was famous for her personal and speaking skills. Surely she didn't think that he was more qualified to talk to this person and get some help. "You think I am?" he asked. Dr. Weir smiled and nodded. "Yes, Trent. I think you're the only person in this galaxy that can handle this kind of situation. Rodney, show him the video that was sent to us"

Rodney grabbed the remote and the monitor changed to some kind of video. As the video turned on, they saw Layden, leader of the Genii.

"Atlantis base, this is Commander Layden of the Genii. I bring you this message in the hopes that you are still out there. Whether you respond to this or not is your own decision, but I must tell you of this. Your doctor, Carson Beckett, once engineered a retrovirus that turned Wraith into humans. I regret to inform you that his work has gotten the attention of one of the Wraith."

Layden stepped to the side as they saw a man strapped to a chair in what looked like a large complex. His face was deformed. It looked human, but also looked Wraith. He was screaming in agony and he watched as the face began to morph, to change. Within moments, the entire face looked 100% Wraith. Trent gasped at the sight of this.

Layden them came back on camera. "I'm not sure how far this sickness has spread, but if they are willing to attack the Genii, who keep mostly in secret, I have no doubt that they would attack you, in Atlantis. So, I come to you today with a warning and some Intel you may find interesting. I'm switching over to another video, but my voice will still come through."

The video changed and showed roads and a building, much like you would find on Earth. "This is a planet called Aurora. It's on the outskirts of the Pegasus Galaxy and isn't contained within your base's database. It was deleted by the strike force that attacked Atlantis 2 years ago. I know because I'm the one ordered to do it. I will provide you with the address to this world with this transmission."

"On this world, there are many people, but one person in particular that you need to see. She's right there" The camera seemed to shake a little as they saw some people walking by on the street. After a moment, Trent saw an enormous shoe'd foot come down in from of the camera. The foot was so big, most people only came up to the person's ankle.

"This person is who you need to meet. I understand that you have someone on your base, who has been running simulations for himself about this kind of person for many months now. She won't talk to the Genii. She thinks we're there to hurt her and, sadly, we don't have anyone kind-hearted enough to convince her otherwise. Please send this man to speak with her. We believe she knows how to stop this sickness. I hope you get this message and good luck. Layden out."

Trent felt very nervous about what was going on. His eyes widened as he looked over to Dr. McKay and then back at Dr. Weir. "Is this…some sort of joke?" he asked. Dr. Weir took a deep breath and spoke again. "No, Trent. This is all very real. We've already sent a malp to the planet in question, thanks to Layden's coordinates. She is there and her stature is very real. This is why you're here today."

He started staring down at the table, not knowing what to think. "I know you have experience with this kind of situation, via simulation." He looked up at her, a little embarrassed. The VR helmet they'd given him at the beginning of this expedition was made to provide any kind of situation he could think up. Obviously, his love for Giantess material influenced what he did in his spare time. He'd spend hours in GTS scenarios.

She continued. "Listen, we're the only people left, untouched by this sickness. The fact that you, who have experience with this kind of person, has been lucky enough not to get afflicted, is truly amazing. Now then. I cannot leave Atlantis for right now, in case our personnel were to break free and try to destroy the city. I need you and Rodney to take a Puddle Jumper to this planet. I need you to get her to trust you, to trust us. Only you can do this."

Trent sat back in his chair for a moment. He was filled with so many feelings at once. The opportunity to meet a real-life giantess was amazing to Trent, but he felt pressured, since the entire expedition was counting on the success of this mission.

"Yes. I'll do it" he replied.

Within a couple hours, they were in a Jumper, ready to go. Sitting down in the passenger seat, Trent looked around as Rodney was lowering the jumper in front of the Stargate. "I don't think this is a good idea, for the record. I mean, who knows what could befall us trying to meet a giant person. Do you even know how much damage would be done were she to accidentally kick us or something?"

Trent, confident about this mission, interrupted him. "Don't worry. I can handle this." He then began looking as the Stargate began to activate. Through the speakers on the ship, they heard. "Good luck with your mission. Remember, we're all counting on you." Rodney sighed. "Oh, no pressure at all" he remarked. "Be safe" replied Weir as the Jumper flew forward and through the event horizon.

Chapter End Notes:

What will happen on this mission?  How will Trent handle meeting this tall lady?