- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

After rubbing the lady's feet, Trent becomes affectionate and breaks a curse...

A few hours went by as he was rubbing her feet and they began talking to each other about themselves. Jess had been ridiculed her entire life for her size, until now. She'd always been called a monster, a demon, a scourge by the rest of the people. Trent felt saddened by this. "Jess, I think you're beautiful. There is nothing wrong with being this size. If I had to choose between a woman my size and your size, well, I don't think I could choose based on that. I think I'd choose you if they were kind like you are, though.

Jess blushed a little bit. "Thank you, Trent. You may stop now. My feet feel much better. I do have one more question for you. Would you…would you love me, if given the chance?" Trent felt a little embarrassed at this statement, but it didn't take him long to answer. He smiled and nodded to her. "Yes, Jess. In all my years, I have never met a woman who cared for me as you do. If given the chance, I would love you for the rest of my life. Your gentle and caring personality is wonderful."

Jess smiled down at him, and then continued to talked. "Thank you, Trent. You're the one I've been waiting for. The one to break me from this curse…" Jess then began to glow with a bright radiance. Trent closed his eyes as the light encompassed the whole room. Lasting for several minutes, it finally died down. Opening his eyes, Trent saw Jess standing before him, no taller or shorter than he was.

"H-how can this be?" he asked. Jess walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "I was born with a curse…a curse from the Wraith. A small machine was stuck inside my body and enlarged me to the size you saw of me before now. It was to keep me from falling in love with someone and someone falling in love with me. But…you broke the seal, Trent. You saw me for who I am…You saw me as a person, not a giant freak. Thank you" she said as she gave him a hug, and then let go after a moment.

"and now I believe we have business to discuss, do we not?" Trent stopped for a moment and then realized what he'd forgotten to mention. "Oh no! You're right! I came here to seek you out so I could get some help for others like me. And here I go, running off with my personal affection for someone and forget what I'm supposed to be doing. They're…in trouble!"

Jess patted Trent on the head with her hand. "It's alright, Trent. Calm down and tell Jess what's going on…" It took Trent awhile to recall the entire trip, but he told her of the plague that was going through Atlantis, turning humans into Wraith and the trip to this world, along with somehow getting separated from the Jumper and Dr. McKay.

"That…retrovirus." muttered Jess. Trent looked at her, realizing she knew what was going on. "You know what I'm talking about?" he asked. Jess crossed her arms for a moment and just stared at him. "Oh, yes. I know what it is. The Wraith were here recently putting the finishing touches on the research. I was observing them from afar, but I had no idea they'd already deployed this virus."

There was then a loud banging on the door of the room. "HEY! We know you're in there! Hand over the outsider, tell us where the other one is, and no harm will come to you!" Jess gasped at the voice, but Trent was confused. She looked at him and gave him a vial that was in her pocket. "Here, take this! It's the antidote for the retrovirus! I managed to steal some after the Wraith left last week. You need to get out of here before the villagers kill you!"

"But what about you, Jess!?" Trent asked, concerned for her. "I'll be fine, Trent! There's a secret door in the side of the wall over there. Go! I'll catch up with you later!" Trent looked at her, tears in his eyes, but he knew getting captured wouldn't help Atlantis. He nodded and whimpered out "Y-yes. Okay. You just make sure you make it out alright. I don't want anything happening to you!" With that, he ran off the table and through a door in the wall. From behind him, he heard Jess scream.

Chapter End Notes:

Will Jess be alright with the villagers?  Will Trent be able to find McKay and escape this world in time to help Atlantis?