- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Teleported away, Trent meets up with Rodney, but they run into a snag...

Before he could turn and help her, he felt light surrounding him. "A teleporter!?" he said to himself as the light engulfed him. The next thing he knew, he was in the middle of the streets. He stood there for a moment, lamenting him leaving her behind. "Don't worry, Jess. I'll come back for you as soon as Atlantis is safe."

The streets were almost deserted. He started running across the street when he saw a figure on the other side. It was a person. Not only a person, but it was someone he recognized. "RODNEY!" he yelled. Running up to him, Rodney looked surprised to see him. "Trent? Oh, you're alright. What happened!?" Trent didn't know where to start, but the village was after them. "There's no time, Rodney. We have to get back to Atlantis with this!" He said as he held up the vial of antidote. "This is the antidote for the retrovirus."

Rodney stood there, amazed. "What? I've been looking for you all this time , and you've already met the lady and gotten the antidote? Where is she?"

Trent looked down at the ground for a moment, a tear running down his face at thinking of what Jess must be going through at this point. He quickly shook his head and began running down the street "There's no time! The villagers here want us dead! We have to get back to Atlantis now!" Rodney was running behind him, but immediately ran in front of him. "WHAT!? They want us dead!? What did you do!?"

Trent ignored Rodney as they kept running. "I didn't do anything! But besides that, we have to hurry back to the Jumper. Do you know where it is?" As they were running, they saw an explosion from in front of them. Large metal chunks flew through the air. They got down and tried to shield themselves from the flying debris. From beside him, Trent heard Rodney say "Right there…."

Trent looked up as he saw chunks of the Jumper laying everywhere. "Oh, great…" he said to himself. Rodney, a little panicked, tried to be calm and said "It's fine, Trent. This world doesn't have a space gate. All we have to do is make our way to the Stargate and go back to Atlantis using the DHD. Now, let's get-Oh, crap! RUN!"

Trent looked back as he saw what Rodney had noticed. There was a group of villagers behind them, running after them. "Shit!" cried Trent as he began to run with Rodney. They ran down countless intersections, turning at each one, trying to confuse their pursuers. Eventually, they stopped hearing them. Turning, Trent saw none of them. He stopped, taking deep breaths. "Wow…it looks like we lost them." said Trent.

Looking ahead, the two of them saw a great building, which had no front to it. It had some black stairs leading up to it and deep within it, they could see a light shining down. Within the light was that big, round device they were looking for, the Stargate. They quickly ran across the street and into the building.

Chapter End Notes:

With the Stargate in sight, it seems good for them, but what will happen to Jess if they leave?