- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As they approach the gate, Jess is there, having been turned into something hideous and a trap...

The inside of the building looked like a huge gym-like area, in the aspect that there was nothing there except the gate. Trent pocketed the antidote and zipped his pocked shut as they were halfway through the room and he saw a figure standing next to the gate. It's back was turned to them, but from behind, it looked like a woman.

Trent looked as she turned around. He was a little in shock at the sight. Rodney rose up a handgun, but Trent motioned him down. "Rodney, let me handle this." He looked confused, and kept aiming, but Trent took the gun from him and threw it back through the hall. "Rodney, listen. I can handle this. You get the gate going and contact Atlantis. Tell Dr. Weir we have the antidote they need."

Rodney hesitantly nodded and approached the gate while Trent was approaching the woman. Looking at her as he approached, she was wearing quite familiar clothes, but she looked different than what he thought. Walking up to her, she stood there in tears. Trent looked at her for a moment and spoke. "Jess, you're alright."

Jess looked much different. Her skin was oily and pale green, and she had slits on both of her palms. She looked at Trent and began to speak back in a distorted voice. "They won't let you escape. I am here because of that. The villagers were shocked that you were able to break my curse, and they embedded me with another device, a gift from the Wraith they worship."

"Oh, great. Wraith worshipper. That makes this mission so much better." remarked McKay as he approached the DHD and prepared to dial Atlantis. Trent ignored his comment and took another look at Jess as she continued to talk.

"The device they embedded changed my physical appearance. Although I am human, they made me look like a Wraith. No human could ever fall in love with something as hideous as I am. I know you won't love me like this…and when that love isn't there…I will detonate, destroying you two and this entire building…"

"Well, this is an awkward turn of events. Love the wraith or we all die, huh? For some reason, I'm not too confident in our situation right no" remarked McKay. Once again, Trent ignored it.

Trent calmly approached her and held her hands with his. "Jess, listen to me. No matter what you look like, human, Wraith, or something else, there is one thing no one can take away. You know what that is? It's your beauty and your kind and caring nature. I could care less that you look like a Wraith or human. You're still you, and you're the best looking Wraith I've ever seen."

He then wrapped his arms around her. "I have genuinely fallen in love with you today. No physical appearance change could harm my feelings for you." Jess, not knowing what to say, wrapped her arms around him in response. "Trent…I look hideous, but you still call me beautiful. You still love me…How can this be real…Ah!"

Trent heard her partially scream and then pushed away from her. A bright light encompassed the room for a few moments. As it faded, Trent looked at Jess to see that her appearance had changed once again. "I'm…back to normal!" she cried out, jumping into Trent's arms. "You've done so much for me, Trent." she said. In response, Trent kissed the side of her cheek and whispered "And you've done even more for me and my people."



At this time, McKay had established a wormhole to Atlantis. The joy was broken by an outburst from behind them. "Don't let them escape! Our master wants their life force in tact!" An angry mob was piling into the room and running towards them.

He quickly pressed some switches on his radio. "Atlantis, this is McKay! Do you read?"

"Yes, Rodney, I'm still here. What can you tell us?" replied the voice of Dr. Weir.

"We have acquired an antidote! We are being pressed down by angry villagers and have lost our Jumper! Please lower the shield" returned Rodney.

Trent then pressed his own radio. "Atlantis, please hurry, and we’ve got an extra traveler with us, the one who gave us the antidote. The villagers are gaining on us, please hurry!"

"Understood, you two. Lowering the shield now. Get back here with that antidote!" replied Weir.

As this happened, Rodney ran up to the gate. Trent and Jess followed closely behind. As they were running, Trent was hit in the leg by something. "AAHH!!" he screamed as he fell over. Jess turned and grabbed him after seeing his leg impaled by an arrow. "Trent, hold on!" she cried as she drug him as they ran through the gate.

Chapter End Notes:

Through the gate, will they be back in time, and will Trent be okay with his injury?