- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Back in the Infirmary, the results of the mission become clear...

[Back in the Atlantis Infirmary]

"Mmm…what happened?" muttered Trent as he was waking up. "Oh! You're awake!" called out a familiar voice to the side. Trent opened his eyes and looked over to see Jess, alive and well, sitting next to him, holding onto his left hand. He smiled and said "I think that sounds familiar". She smiled and held his hand up to her face and kissed it. "Yes, it is" she said.

"So, you're awake. How's our little hero doing today?" called out a voice from beyond Jess. Trent looked and saw Dr. Jennifer Keller approaching from the distance, along with John Sheppard, Rodney McKay, and Dr. Weir. Trent then felt some pain in his leg and looked down at a cast. "Huh…looks like they got a shot on me after all"

Dr. Keller smiled and laughed a bit. "Oh, yes they did. Nothing too serious, though. I'm sure you'll be back up in no time at all." He smiled. "Thanks, doc."

The good doctor then left as the other three approached. Rodney began to speak first. "Well, as you may have guessed, that antidote you procured worked like a charm. Despite my own valiant efforts to find something, you did okay, I guess."

Dr. Weir looked at Rodney and raised an eyebrow. "Okay? Ha" She then looked at Trent. "You did your job admirably, Trent. I knew I had that feeling about you for a reason. If I'd ignored it, we'd all be, well…in a less comfortable position right now."

"And you even got the girl" Sheppard said, winking at him. Trent smiled at this, and looked over at Jess, who was blushing . He reached over with his other hand, and touched Jess's hands. Looking back at John, he said "Yeah, I guess I did alright."

Rodney then smirked a little and then turned to Sheppard. "Even with you not around, Colonel, I still didn't manage to get the girl. Why don't I ever get some love?" Weir and Sheppard laughed at this. Sheppard responded "Because, Rodney, it's you." Rodney began to mutter something as he turned and walked away with Sheppard. Dr. Weir stayed for a moment longer.

Looking at him, she said "Don't worry, Trent. She's going to be fine. The devices have been removed from her body, thanks to Dr. Keller, and she is welcome to stay with us in Atlantis."

Trent looked up and smiled. "Thank you, Dr. Weir. I appreciate you welcoming her here and allowing her to stay, especially after everything she and I have been through."

Jess looked over at him and smiled. "Elizabeth was kind enough to give me a job to do while I'm here. I'm assigned to work with you in cooking everyone's food. Isn't that exciting?" Trent smiled at this statement. "I wouldn't have it any other way, Jess."

Dr. Weir then walked back to leave. "We all have your thanks, you two. Heal up well, Trent. The temporary cooks we have in the mess hall are in desperate need of your help" she said as she laughed and walked out.

Trent and Jess looked at each other for a moment. The mission had been long and dangerous, but everything was worth the risk. Everyone was alright, and most importantly, Jess was back to her normal self and he'd found someone to love...

Chapter End Notes:

And so, Trent finally found some usefulness on Atlantis, saving the day and getting the girl, as Sheppard put it.