- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick and Hannah are shocked when they feel and see Cindy walking into the room, towards them...

Nick and Hannah were absolutely shocked when they’d first seen Cindy’s towering form in the doorway.  It was completely shocking to see the world so gigantic, let alone a real person so big.  They were still on the ground, staring in awe of her.  She was a relatively short person, under normal conditions, but now, she seemed like an immense skyscraper, a huge building that towered over them.  They weren’t sure what they should do in this situation.  They were on the floor, no more than a few inches in height, and a titanic woman was about to enter the room.  Should they try to get her attention?

Unfortunately, things didn’t play out exactly as they had hoped.  They were about to get up and move when Cindy took a step into the room.  As her shoeless foot stepped down on the floor, the world shook around Nick and Hannah.  Their movements to get up were immediately thwarted and they fell back down to the ground.  The impact of just one step felt like a tremor to them.  This was a bad situation as they fell down and wrapped themselves in each others’ arms, now hoping that Cindy wouldn’t come anywhere near them.

Another footfall shook the ground again and made Hannah cling tighter to her boyfriend as she watched Cindy coming closer.  She’d nearly made it halfway between the doorway and them with two simple steps.  As her nerves were going off, she nervousness said something as she held onto Nick.  “H-Honey…is that…is that..Cindy?!”  Nick’s eyes had also been glued to Cindy’s towering form as she walked forward, creating tremors around them.  “I…think so!  But…she’s coming this way!  Hannah…we should probably try to move.  We need to find some sort of safe place to go!”

Hannah was terribly frightened, but deep down, she knew he was right.  Cindy was now an incredible force to be reckoned with, and they couldn’t risk staying out in the open.  They were right next to the bed, so their best bet was to run and hide to avoid being stepped on by their giant friend.  They began to get up, but it was already too late.  With a third step, Cindy’s foot had come closer then they’d anticipated.  It impacted the ground, directly in front of them and brought them to the floor, once again.  Hannah screamed as she saw the foot in front of her.

Cindy’s feet were still, in front of them, but she was already hitting them with one of the bad realities of being small.  As soon as the foot had come close, an overwhelming stench had filtered into the air.  The sour smell of worn socks infiltrated the area around Nick and Hannah as they forced themselves up.  They had initially thought to get up and out of the way right away, but the stench had stopped them right in their tracks.  It smelled sour and like they were trapped in a giant pile of dirty socks and shoes.

The pair were coughing and choking on the smell as they tried to hold their standing positions.  It didn’t last long, though.  Within moments of getting the smell into her system, Hannah tripped forward and fell right into the big toe of Cindy’s left foot.  She yelped as she hit it, and soon hit the ground as the colossal object moved back.  Hannah’s head bumped into the ground and she quickly looked up.  Nick had come forward, trying to pick her up when he looked up and saw what she did.  Cindy was looking down, right at them.

Their plans, for the moment, had changed.  The two of them tried to get up, all while holding their breath, and waved their arms at Cindy, in the hopes of her recognizing them.  They couldn’t scream to her, because of all the effects the smell of her feet had been causing them thus far.  All they could do was jump and wave, hoping for a reaction.  They did get a reaction, but it wasn’t one of their liking.  She called down to them, calling them bugs, and talked about how she was looking for them.  Before long, they had one of those gigantic feet hovering over them, with the intention of smashing them into the ground.

All of their hopes had been washes away as they saw the foot coming into the air and Cindy telling them that she was about to squash them into nothingness.  Hannah froze in place, but Nick maintained what sanity he could.  He grabbed her arm and started yanking her to the side, screaming “RUN!” to her.  They didn’t have much time to move and Cindy definitely had a size advantage on them.  They ran and ran as fast as they could, hearing surges of wind being thrown to the side as the foot descended.

The shadow quickly overtook both of them, and time was running out.  They only had a few seconds before her foot would come crashing down and ground them into paste.  As a last ditch effort, Nick pulled Hannah into his arms and leapt forward, heading towards the bed.  As he jumped, he took a leap of faith and closed his eyes, holding onto his beloved and prayed that they could make it through all of this.  Their lives were on the line and he couldn’t let them die like this. 

They heard a loud crashing noise from behind him and felt a rush of wind blowing against them.  They lost their contact with the ground and rolled several feet under the bed.  As they landed, Nick looked back and saw Cindy’s foot, having impacted the ground, them not under it.  He let out a sigh of relief as he was nearly suffocated to death.  Hannah’s arms had wrapped around him like a coiling snake and she start crying over his shoulder. 

Nick did the only thing he could do in this situation.  He held her tight against him and let her cry on his shoulder.  He patted her on the back and whispered to her.  “It’s okay, honey.  We’re safe now.”  He then closed his eyes and hoped that his statement about safety would hold true.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Are the small pair truly safe under the bed, or will Cindy keep trying to pursue them?