- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Cindy gets on her knees and continues to look for the two 'bugs' she missed a moment ago, completely forgeting about her search for Nick and Hannah...

Cindy had raised her foot over those two little bugs that were right in front of her in the bedroom she'd walked into. Her mind was in conflict, between the bugs and with looking for her friends. She wanted to find her friends, but after that one bug had, literally, fallen right onto her foot, she felt a few things. She was absolutely frustrated that a lowly being like a bug would even think about touching her feet, especially with how much respect she had for them with what she did with them with her husband, but she also wanted to punish them for coming near her and stopped her search. 

With her foot raised, she wanted, very much, to smash the life out of those little insects. She didn't really understand why, but maybe her assertive nature was coming out in this frustration. She wanted to make them pay for touching her feet. She'd done this before, though. She used to smash bugs at home all the time. Whenever Richard wasn't around and she'd see some sort of creature waltzing around the house, she'd take care of it by thrusting her foot down into it and then taking care of it later. While it's true that she always had to clean her feet off later, but the feeling of having something under her foot was worth it.

This same feeling was expected to happen as she threatened the two bugs on the floor and began to thrust her foot downward. As it came down, even she could feel the tremor that her stomping action had caused in the floor. As it did hit the floor, though, something was missing for Cindy. She was expecting to feel something being flattened underneath her sole, but she didn't feel anything at all. She had a curious look on her face before she began to pick her foot up to inspect both it and the floor, seeing if she'd even gotten the bugs at all.

As her foot was lifting into the air, she looked at it for a moment and noticed that it looked positively clean, for the most part. There was a little bit of dirt and dust on it, but there weren't any smashed bugs. She frowned for a second as she realized she had completely missed the two bugs that were on the floor, or what she thought were bugs. Thankfully, for them, luck was not on Cindy's side at that moment, or she and Richard would never have been able to find their friends. They would simply not realize that they would be stains on the bottom of Cindy's bare foot.

Putting her foot back down on the ground, she got down to her knees and started looking around the floor, trying to find those little insects. She didn't know why, but she really wanted to find them and punish them for what they'd done to her. Her mind was completely losing concentration, now that her feet were involved in the thought patterns. She lost all interest in looking for her friends, and only wanted to find those little bugs. Her eyes scanned the area under the bed, looking for those two.

Nick and Hannah were still cuddled up under the bed, and Nick tried his best not to start shaking as he saw Cindy's huge face looking under the bed, trying to find them. He tightened his grip on Hannah and watched Cindy's actions. He was getting very scared at that giant friend of hers, thinking they were bugs, and she was obviously looking for them now. The statement of them touching her foot being an offense bothered Nick, though. Why would you get so angry over something just accidentally touching your foot? It didn't make any sense.

As he thought more and more about it, it actually did start to make sense. Nick remembered discussing Cindy with Hannah before, and Hannah always had this weird grudge against her, for whatever reason. She always talked about how she wasn't good enough for Richard, and that there was something weird about her. He never really paid much attention to it, at first, but after seeing her recent behavior, he started thinking otherwise. Maybe Hannah was onto something, after all. He just wished that this wasn't the situation where he finally realized it in, when they were being hunted by her.

The lights in the room were out from the storm, which helped the tiny couple a lot as their giant friend was still on the hunt for them. Cindy looked under the bed for a good few minutes before finally moving her head, realizing that it was much too dark to see anything at all. She sighed and stood, creating a couple new tremors that Nick and Hannah felt all too strongly. She started walking off, muttering to herself about a flashlight.

Nick and Hannah both heard what she said and they immediately started reacting. Hannah's head popped up and looked Nick in the eyes. She nervously whimpered to him as he picked both of them up. “D-Did she say...flashlight?! Is she...still...after us?!” Hannah was on the verge of tears at the thought of their friend wanting to hunt after them, like they were nothing but insects on the floor, living to be crushed, and Nick wanted to cry, too, but he knew he couldn't. He had to stay strong, for Hannah.

Quickly taking his girlfriend's hand, he started running towards the edge of the bed, looking for someplace to hide. “We've got to find a place to hide, Hannah. If she comes back with a flashlight, we're dead! There's got to be something....somewhere we can...wait! There! Look, her bag!”

They both looked forward and saw that the bag Cindy had dropped in the room had a hole on the bottom side. Nick had began to run towards it as Hannah tried to protest beyond her tears. “B-B-But...that's Cindy's bag! Wouldn't that be...more dangerous than just finding a place to hide here?!”

Nick understood her hesitation, but he still insisted on it. “There is no place to hide, if she brings a flashlight! Would you rather be down on the floor, by those big feet, or safely tucked away in a bag?” Hannah didn't say another word as the two ran further, quickly squeezing into the bag Cindy had left in the room...

Chapter End Notes:

As the tiny couple snuggles into the bag, will they be safe there?