- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As Nick and Hannah burrow into Cindy's bag, they start freaking out and trying to support one another...

Nick and Hannah had squeezed their way into the hole in Cindy’s bag, assuming it to be safer than the floor, since Cindy was, for some reason, wanting to find the ‘bugs’ she’d found on the floor.  All they did was bump into her.  Was it really that big of a deal to go out of her way to instill vengeance for that?  They didn’t know, and they didn’t want to find out.  The sooner they could get out of this scenario and figure out a way out of the mess they’d been put in, the better.

The bag was pretty dark, and they felt a lot of soft materials around them.  They weren’t sure what the stuff was in this bag, but all they knew was that it was safe.  They burrowed in a little further, trying to push away this soft material before stopping, a good distance from the hole, and wrapped up in each other’s arms, once again.  They could hear footsteps coming from the other room , and they just held onto each other, both scared out of their minds from everything that had just happened.

Hannah clung to Nick for support and was on the verge of a break down.  She wasn’t having a good time, dealing with all of this at all.  As her arms clenched around his body, she spoke to him.  “Nick…honey, I…that couldn’t have been Cindy.  No, I don’t believe that she would ever want to do that to us, or anyone!  This is all just a dream, it has to be!  We’re not really this small.  We’re still on the cabin bed…we’re still wrapped up in each other’s arms.  I’m holding onto you as we dream this nightmare.  Any second now, we’re both going to wake up and everything will be-”

Hannah’s optimistic statement was interrupted by a loud, echoed voice from the world beyond where they now were.  “I know you’re here, little bugs.  I’ll find you, and I will make you pay for bumping into my foot.  You’re going to go squish before the night is done!”  Hannah immediately stopped, yelped, and squeezed her boyfriend in, even tighter.  Her entire body was shaking in fear, and she needed something, anything to comfort her.  “I..I’m scared.”  She couldn’t take much more of this from Cindy.  Even though she wasn’t near them, it was killing her spirit.

Nick was shaking, too, not understanding any of this.  Why was Cindy so determined to kill a couple bugs that just randomly bumped into her and ran away?  What could possibly be driving her to do this?  He didn’t care to think about it, knowing that his girlfriend was shaking and about to have a break down.  He held her as tight as he could, and brushed along her hair as they held their position, lying together in a giant heap of clothing. He had to say something, though.  He had to say something that could help comfort her.

He gave her a kiss on the cheek for a moment, and then said what he could.  “I’m…scared, too, honey.  All of this is so…frightening and scary and it’s all just…it’s just a huge mess.  I know how horrible things seem right now, but we’ll figure a way out of this…even if we have to spend the entire vacation here trying to figure a solution out, we will find one.  If something comes about that can make us this small, there’s bound to be something else that will help return us.”

Nick then gave her another kiss, trying to comfort her body as much as he could.  “Even though things seem bad…we still have each other.  I’m right here, by your side, Hannah.  I’m here for you, and I always will be.  No matter what happens, I will never leave your side.  Not even a giant, revenge-filled Cindy could separate us.  We’ll figure this out, all of it, and we’ll do it together.  The two of us are a team, remember?  We can overcome anything, as long as we stick together.  I love you, Hannah, and I promise I won’t let anything happen to you.”

It was hard to get through to Hannah, but, with all those words that came from Nick, her breakdown let up, if just for a moment, to let all of that in.  She was having a horrific time with all of this, and needed someone to support her.  Nick was her boyfriend and, even though she was still in love with Richard, he was her friend and his words were piercing her being.  His dedication was admirable and he had to have a lot of courage to try and remain so calm during a traumatic event, such as this.  There was a giant woman in the room, trying to kill them, and he was more focused on making sure she was okay, than breaking down, himself.

Hannah didn’t know what to say to this.  Nick was being absolutely wonderful to her, as they lay in each other’s arms.  She knew it wasn’t the time or place, but she softly whispered to him.  “N-Nick…thank you…”  As she stopped whispering, she turned her head and began to move her hands towards Nick’s face.  She stopped when she met his cheeks and turned it, shoving her head forward.  Within moments, she had found him and locked lips with him, giving him a long, affectionate kiss, for everything he was doing.

As the two kissed, a second set of foot steps was approaching the room.  They had not taken notice of this until they had heard a second voice coming into the room.  As they slowly made out with one another in the bag, they heard Richard’s voice filling the room, calling out to Cindy.  “Cindy, what are you doing on the floor with that flashlight?  Aren’t we supposed to be looking for our friends?  Have you found Nick and Hannah yet?” 

The two shrunken friends stopped kissing and tried to carefully listen as they realized that Richard was in the room as well, and he was set on finding them.   They held onto one another as they awaited to see what the two of them would do next…

Chapter End Notes:

As Richard enters the room, what will Cindy do, and what options will the shrunken couple have?