- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As Nick and Hannah take in a special moment, Richard tries to stand up to his wife...

The situation of the cabin from the inside of Cindy's bag had turned incredibly affectionate, by the time Richard came into the house, finally. Those two shrunken people had shared a special moment and, in the middle of being scared out of their mind, had started to make out, loving each other. The idea of being there for each other, and forgetting about the disaster around them, was memorable. Nick had truly touched a spot in Hannah, despite the fact that Hannah didn't entirely love him. Not the way he loved her, at least.

The moment was wonderful, but stopped as soon as they'd heard those loud, booming sounds and the echoed voice of Richard entering the room, asking Cindy what she was doing, rather than looking for their friends. Their two friends hung onto one another and listened as the two giant people conversed with one another, and wondered what they were planning to do about their search. Obviously, Nick and Hannah knew that they were a lot close to the people looking for them than Richard and Cindy knew. The only problem was trying to get them to realize it was them and not a couple bugs.

Cindy slowly got to her feet and held the flashlight by her side as she looked at it, and then looked at Richard. She had an embarrassed look on her face and tried to hold in her feelings. With the honest truth in mind, she'd completely forgotten about looking for their friends. All she had cared about was finding and punishing those little creatures for touching her feet. She couldn't tell Richard that, though. Even though he was submissive and would listen to her, that story would be a little embarrassing to tell. 'Oh, sorry. I forgot about our friends because some bugs ran across the floor and I wanted to kick their asses' wouldn't fly.

Cindy took a moment to clear her throat, trying to think up a reason as to why she might have been on the floor, looking under the bed. There had to be something she could say that would not make Richard think she had completely forgotten about the two friends they were worried sick about a few minutes before. She collected her thoughts as quickly as she could, and tried to respond as confidently as possible. “Well, R-Richard...I saw that this door was open, and I was looking for them in here! It was dark, so I got a flashlight to see better!”

Richard had watched Cindy the entire time. He knew, all too well, that what Cindy just fed him was a pack of lies. The clearing of her throat assured him of that. Many times, when someone clears their throat right before talking about something they don't want to talk about, they don't actually have something in their throat. They are just doing it, so they can try to think up some lie to tell you. That was a lesson he'd learned a long time ago, when he was still in school. There were many habits people had when they thought up lies, and that was a big one.

“Cindy...” said Richard, in an almost-disappointed tone. He wanted to just shake his head at the lie she'd fed him. He knew that she had some other reason for what she was doing, but frankly, he didn't want to know what it was. All he wanted was to find their friends. He frowned towards her and looked around the room, scanning it, for a moment. After finishing his scan, he looked towards her and sighed. As he did so, however, she started getting angry with him. Her tone of voice and expression changed and she started to yell at him, like she oftentimes did.

“What's that look for?! Don't you look at ME like that, Richard! Don't get mad at me, just because we haven't found those two yet. I'm the one's who's been burning up all of her relaxing time, where I could be having you rubbing and pampering my feet, looking for our dear, lost friends. You were out in the car, trying to open up your door that 'accidentally' jammed! You weren't in here, helping your dear wife look, while she was out on her aching, tired feet! So, don't you even start with me! Ugh...you know, Richard, I can't believe you. Once we're done and find those two, you two are going to have to make it up to me.”

Richard sighed. He knew what “You're going to have to make it up to me” meant. He, more than likely, would be spending part of the night, if not the entire night tonight, at his wife's feet. Whenever he spoke up and really upset her, she didn't let him off easy. He'd be sleeping at her feet, not able to move at all. He wouldn't get any sleep until she did. When she pulled this, he was forced to kiss her feet and her toes for as long as she was awake and enjoying the pampering. His mind was disgusted as he nodded, with a simple “Yes, honey.”

He immediately turned away and tried to go alone with what she had said as best he could. He hated it when she did this to him, but the guilt trip hit him every single time. She was right, in a way. He wasn't inside, looking for his dear friends. He had been trying to fix that door on the car. The feelings were coming up in him and he started walking away to try to busy himself and stop thinking about things too hard. “I'll...go look for them. Why don't you just get off your feet and unpack? Take a nice shower and I'll try to find them by the time you get out.”

“That's better.” said Cindy, as Richard walked out of the room. As soon as he was out of sight, she picked up the back she'd come in with and set it down on the bed. Sitting down next to it, she opened it and started digging through the clothes, getting everything out to take a shower, as her husband had suggested...